*OFFICIAL* Kofi Kingston Thread

Kofi wont main-event because he simply isn't big enough. We all know Vince likes his champions around the 240-250+ mark. Rey was the notable exception but had a huge international following. Even Jeff Hardy was close to 240 before he left. Its Vince's show and I'm sorry I can't picture Kofi as World Champion.

like ive said in the past and right now might be the best time for it

have Kofi win the King of the Ring and recrown himself KING KOFI..

bring him in as a heel, if he has to go to Smackdown so be it, it'd be a good way to bring him back out there adn show what he can do other than this happy go lucky undefeated with luck nonsense..

love the guy but i want to see this happen before he goes back to what he's alreayd known for

Well i ccan see Kofi's character changing, there are many possibilities for him and now that he is being billed from his actual birthplace could see him maybe doing some militia type thing or forming a NoD with Henry and MVP but that one is a maybe. He has a very credible title reign and beaten everyone and been in various matches...but he has a long way to go to be in the Main Event. For Kofi there is many things that are good that can happen to him we just need to be patient.

I thought it was a real shame for him to have lost the title on RAW. I was really beginning to enjoy this reign of "fighting champion". He always managed to escape with his belt and it gave a great feel to his amtches of ridiculous odds. Suddenly they take it off him on RAW? I thought that was a darn shame. But looking on it, The Miz could probably have use the belt, although I will be physically sick if they use it as an excuse to pull a Morrison/Miz feud and snub Dolph Ziggler like that.

In terms of Kofi, I think the name is fine. Honestly, how many people would actually know the capital of Jamaica? I think if he kept his gimmick as it is now, without going full pelt militant black guy like the N.o.D, he could be a serious contender for the WWE title. He would actually be exciting to watch, and whilst I wouldn't want him anywhere close to holding the WWE title, it might be nice to see him chase over a few of the weaker pay per views such as Armageddon (*snarls at the prospect of TLC themed PPV) and The Royal Rumble.

What can I say? I love the boops.

Kofi being from Ghana is a great thing, and the WWE should really push that. I know Africa is hardly the biggest TV audience in the world, but having an African champion certainly gives the company a more wholsome "world image" as it were. For Kofi himself, I think he's the kind of guy who will stay in the US title hunt for another year or so. He's not a bad shout for MITB, but heel winners are far better to be honest.

In short, I think they'll keep the whole Jamaican laid back thing until it gets stale, and his career will basically follow a similar path to MVPs, position on the card wise, only with him being maybe a year behind. I expect another US reign before he hits the main event though, to be perfectly honest.

Nice to see him in the 7 on 7 tag team match. He's very over with the crowd and this match can do wonders for him. He seems ready to take on the main event scene. Even if it was just for a month or so to see how he'd fare there. I don't think he'll feud over the United States Championship for sure again at some point, but it'd be great to see what he'd do up there.

I'm happy they dropped his fake accent.

Now he can be taken seriously or at least seem like a serious threat. Kofi Kingston has now everything to go and jump to main-event feuds, he as the looks, the mic skills and also he is very good inside the ring, and it's pretty over with the crowd.

What now? Upper mid card status. Maybe a feud with Cody Rhodes? Maybe a short world title feud with the winner of Cena/Orton? He really has nothing to do right now, as they seem to have yanked him out of the US Title hunt very quickly. Him chasing the title and losing to The Miz again will kill his momentum IMO. He can go anywhere from here, and I just hope its not mid card limbo, or a failed chase at regaining the US Title. A feud with Swagger could also work starting at Bragging Rights, heading into the SS, with him finally ending the undefeated streak at the December PPV to put them both over very well going into the Rumble…possibly even feuding into MITB which I think they are the favorites to win along with JoMo.

Without a doubt Kofi has the look that the “E” is going for right now. Young, athletic, television friendly, and very clean. Billing him from Ghana now also let’s the WWE tout its international presence a little more, since Jamaica is barely an hour flight away from Florida.

I’m glad he dropped the Jamaican accent. His natural voice is much better, and he articulates his words well. He has the move set, and he is without a doubt over with the crowd, and children love him. Not to go too far off course but how awesome would he be on Smackdown right now?

I'm happy they dropped his fake accent.

Now he can be taken seriously or at least seem like a serious threat. Kofi Kingston has now everything to go and jump to main-event feuds, he as the looks, the mic skills and also he is very good inside the ring, and it's pretty over with the crowd.

I'd love to see how they are going to explain the fake accent being dropped.

Knowing WWE, they will simply pretend like it never happened and will never address it again.

I'd love to see how they are going to explain the fake accent being dropped.

Knowing WWE, they will simply pretend like it never happened and will never address it again.

I thought that was hilarious when Triple H pointed that out on Raw. I got a good kick out of it.

But onto the subject at hand here. I believe Kofi will move more towards the upper-midcard/ lower main event level. He will be that guy that gets randomly thrown into the matches that involve more then one opponent. I also would like to see him have a meaningful feud with a mid carder and help establish himself and the other more to help their pushes. Hopefully Kofi does not go on to be in the title hunt right away though as he would be crushed and it would hurt his credibility in my opinion.

This whole change for Kofi is nothing but good for him. To be honest although i liked the gimmick and found it both amusing and entertaining, it would in the end hold him back from moving towards the main event scene.

Having him being billed from his actual home is good, but the announcers still continue to say that he spent a lot of time in Jamaica, so while they're changing it, there is still a sense of continuity to it, so its not suddenly just up and changing his gimmick and assuming no one will notice. I'm not sure how they will explain the sudden drop of his jamaican accent, but maybe he'll just say that he used it as a tribute to the people who he knew in Jamaica that helped him in life or whatever.

These changes are just the first step on the way to starting to develop these new and much needed main event players, and with the current staleness of the main event scene, and the necessity and urgency to develop new stars being put out there by Jericho and other older stars, maybe Vince is starting to agree with them

wouldnt it be cool if kofi ,mvp,mark henry started back the nation of domination it would be perfect they dont get the push there stuck jobbin every other week they can all turn heel turin on the fans sayin that the white wrestlers get all the title shots while they dont get any respect and they start by comin out every week beatin up random wrestlers until they really get heat

wouldnt it be cool if kofi ,mvp,mark henry started back the nation of domination it would be perfect they dont get the push there stuck jobbin every other week they can all turn heel turin on the fans sayin that the white wrestlers get all the title shots while they dont get any respect and they start by comin out every week beatin up random wrestlers until they really get heat

I had an idea like this in my Book This thread but it had all the black wrestlers on the roster and they managed by teddy long since non of them are really good talkers.

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO START THIS THREAD! I am so friggen excited for this 1: because we all know that Kofi is dynamite in the ring, and he is finally getting some mic time, and developing a character, and 2: because of 1, it looks like someone other than Randy, HHH, or Cena is finally, finally, finally, finally, joining the main event scene. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Now maybe he isn't there yet, but a nice feud with Randy will certainly get him there. I am so happy to see someone NEW!

Well he dropped the fake Jamican Accent, which I think was holding him back on getting some time on the mic. Without that now though, I really think the sky is the limit for him. He just needs to develop some mic skills, and get a good character, and BAM! as I already said, we finally have someone new in the main event scene.

Kofi has always been huge with the crowd so the final push to Main Event with a feud with Orton is just what the doctor ordered to fix the WWE. The monotonous title scene will be broken should Kofi succeed in getting fully over in this feud.

AKA Kofi Kingston just impressed the hell out of me on Raw.

I've never been able to take him even slightly serious, but seeing him destroy Randy Orton's car tonight was fucking Gold. That kid has so much charisma if they just let him be himself and talk in his real voice, watching him tonight was the first time I've ever even considered Kofi to be a future main eventer, but damnit if he didn't impress the hell out of me tonight. All he needs to do now is get rid of the dreadlocks and this kid is bondafide main event material. Give him the rub of a feud with a guy like Orton, and you've already set in motion a future main eventer.

Am I being too optimistic here, or what? Keep in mind I've always criticized Kofi on here. Good wrestler, but I thought he had absolutely no charisma whatsoever, but he has clearly proven me wrong tonight. What do you guys think, future main eventer here?

That segment was awesome. Kofi really sold that segment well. Plus, Kofi has always put on some very good matches with people and that phase of his work has always spoken for itself. If this feud can further develop that, this feud will be very successful. I am certainly looking forward to that

Holy shit!!! This is actually the first feud in a long time that im actually excited about!

Finally a feud that doesnt have predictable written all over it! Someone new in the main event scene for a change! :)

when he had his accent he really couldnt talk at all, but in the last 2 weeks hes been a really solid talker. now i think he just needs some new trunks and hes golden. this feud is shaping up to be good tho

when he had his accent he really couldnt talk at all, but in the last 2 weeks hes been a really solid talker. now i think he just needs some new trunks and hes golden. this feud is shaping up to be good tho

The entrance music has got to go aswell if he is seriously trying to get rid of this jamaican gimmick!

I'm still a little skeptical about this feud. It's good that the status quo has changed and Kofi is getting his chance, his opportunity to show that he has what it takes to be in the upper echelon on Raw. With Randy Orton being his opponent, Kofi has a chance to gain a lot of support with the fans and have some decent to good matches. The one thing I'm worried about Kofi is that sometimes his ring work tends to be a little sloppy. But then again, this probably goes with the territory of having the high risk wrestling style that Kofi has.

I'm rooting for Kofi to succeed, not in the feud wins or losses but in making the feud work. His success means Raw has a fresh contender for the main event slots, which is what it desperately needs.

It's really exciting to see a new main eventer finally enter the fray and let's hope that Randy will put Kingston over and make him a legitimate contender for the WWE Title. I like the direction the WWE is heading with this, the WWE is greatly in need of some new main eventers.

I'm also excited to see The Miz, Jack Swagger, and possibly Evan Bourne become viable contenders in the near future. If they can develop enough main eventers I think that the WWE can finally churn out a fresh new product.

I think that the same actions need to be taken on Smackdown, right now I have no idea why Eric Escobar is on SD. He doesn't seem to belong and I just feel he is out of place. I'd like to see either more of Morrison v Ziggler or Morrison v CM Punk. I 'm really just hoping that Morrison will get a chance for the World title before Wrestlemania or soon after. Right now it seems like he is getting lost in the mix.

It's nice to see that Kofi is getting a chance a last to go into the main event scene. It'll be very interesting to see what he can do against Orton since he can't face Cena for the title now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back