[Official] Hulk Hogan Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, this guy would prefer you make a good life for yourself WITHOUT fucking people over in your way. A lot of people made A LOT of money in this business and they never once fucking a single soul over.

And Hogan made the undercard earn money? REALLY? Have you ever heard of Bad News Brown? Look it up. Ever heard interviews from Rude, Perfect, Honky Tonk Man? You made dick for money unless you worked with Hogan and then you made bank. Hogan not once has ever said "What can I do for you" except when he jobbed to Taker, which was payback for his 91 bullshit angle, and Brock. Now yeah he made people money in WCW, but he's also one of the blames for it closing, so I think that issue is even.

Like I have said, if I was Hogan would I change? Probably not. He never has had to change and he made a ton of money. Why change. But in the same breath don't fucking bullshit me and try to tell me your now "worried" about the business and are going to "help" the young kids. Well isn't that just great.

I bet Jericho, Benoit, Eddy, Flair, all could have used that "support". Instead they went to your competition and buried your fucking ass. Those guys could have helped WCW but they weren't worth the time right Hulk?

He duped us all, bringing in guys like the Nastys and Hall and Waltman, just to show that they weren't going to be part of the new TNA

Yeah he sure duped us. If TNA never use those 3 again, all that was was a simple easy payday then. I don't see how that helps anything. But It looks like Dudleys vs Nasties in the future, maybe the next PPV,. Outsiders at next PPV. I guess I will say I was wrong too, as Waltman won't be going after the X Division gold. At least I'd hope hot.

TNA has some REALLY good X Division stars. They got REALLY good tag teams. Two things WWE lacks right now. So what do they do? They bury their X Division in the first match, and the show ends with Hall, Nash and Waltman beating down Foley. You weren't wrong Night. This is what you said would happen. It happened. The main storyline should involve SOME TNA wrestlers besides Jeff right? Instead it's Hogan, Hall, Nash, Waltman, Foley, Bischoff. None of those guys are TNA. Hogan can say "Changes are coming brother.." But if somebody turns on TNA and all they see if the same men who tore down WCW, then they will change the channel.

Hogan has sold a ton in the past. He knows how to work a crowd, how to feed off it. NO doubt about that. He has done more with less than anybody. But you give Hogan creative control and you got problems. That's when you have Hogan vs Zodiak feuds, or you see Sting being buried after Starrcade, or Savage being a lacky in nWo, or Flair losing to everybody under the sun, or Eddie Jericho, Mysterio, all making WWE a good amount of money but wasn't given crap in WCW.

At the end of the Styles Angle match I ALMOST.....I ALMOST forgot about the X division bullshit, the womens title rollup.....I ALMOST believe maybe Hogan might be telling 20% truth. The show ends with that crap. TNA would have been fine had they ended with that fantastic top 5 match of 2010 (will be top 5 I don't care who wrestles this year). Show fans "THIS is TNA, expect even better things"..

I also think TNA dropped the ball, and I guess this isn't Hogans fault, by not going past WWEs time frame. With WWE not getting the extra time it wanted, TNA should have tried to reel in those WWE fans that just got done watching a segment end RAW, where they could NOW see wrestling and great wrestling, end a show.

You need to get your facts straight dude. Hogan didn't have anything to do with WCW going down at the end. He was the #1 guy when he was there, whether your opinion matters on that or not. Whether or not he was honest or dishonest back then we'll never really know because the only guys that ever talk shit about those days are the undercard guys. Did they make Hogan money? No, but I bet they had better pay days when they were on the same card as him. WCW went under at the end for this plain and simple reason: the WCW programming was cancelled by AOL/Time-Warner. Eric Bischoff lost his financial backing when it was cancelled. He was prepared to pay a lot more for WCW than Vince McMahon did. AOL/Time-Warner just wanted to get rid of WCW and the quickest way was to cancel the TV programming. Did Hulk Hogan have anything to do with that?

Hogan not once has ever said "What can I do for you" except when he jobbed to Taker, which was payback for his 91 bullshit angle, and Brock. Now yeah he made people money in WCW, but he's also one of the blames for it closing, so I think that issue is even.

So when Hogan tapped out to Kurt Angle in 2002, that was in fact to put himself over? When he lost to the Rock in 2002 and 2003 that was to put over Hogan? And of course when he lost the tag titles with Edge to Christian and Lance Storm that was again Hogan serving himself? Maybe you should get off your smark cloud and take a look at all the times Hogan helped out other wrestlers. He lost to Goldberg cleanly. When WCW implemented the New Blood storyline we saw Hogan get jobbed out to Billy Kidman and Mike Awesome multiple times. Hogan isn't what ruined WCW. A combination of poor booking, inability to build new stars who could connect with the crowd and an executive decision made by Time Warner, who no longer wanted a wrestling program is what killed WCW. Hogan wasn't even there when it went under, he left almost a full year earlier.

Hogan doesn't want to help anybody, only himself. You give him a chance, hell give him a couple, could care less.

I'm more of the "Show me first" type. He's full of shit, has always been full of shit and will remain full of shit until he shows me otherwise. Everybody wants WWE to have competition, and wants TNA to be that. Yet everybody fucking forgets if it wasn't for old fuckstick Hogan and his ass buddy Nash we might still HAVE WCW and this wouldn't be happening.

I don't feel sorry one bit that Hogan is all crippled and broke cause his gold diggin wife broke him. It's called Karma. His comments on the whole Nick crash shit saying that the kid got what he deserved because he was a homo just showed what a vile piece of fucking garbage this man is.

Like I said, give him a chance. But if he controls TNA it will go down just like WCW did. Doesn't bother me one damn bit. I have no stock in either TNA or WWE.

If TNA wanted to compete all they needed was to fire Russo, get Bischoff and Heyman and let those two do they do best. Restrict who Eric could sign and let him create something.

Instead we got the Outsiders at the next PPV and can be looking forward to Nasties vs Dudleys.

Fuck Hogan

EDIT:

"And brother, if it doesn't work, I'll be a great security guard at Target. "

There's Hogan right there in a nutshell. Making jokes. Well guess what you crippled fucking nothing, if you fuck up TNA and "It doesn't work out" a lot of good men, just like WCW, will be out of a job. But you don't give a shit cause you will always have your reality TV shows or you could ****e out your skank daughter again who can't sing worth a shit. Fuck Hogan

Stop talking silly things, yes Hogan didnt exactly help WCW like he could but he sure as hell didnt want Mcmahon to buy the company, no one wanted that. WCW didnt go out of business, it was sold to Mcmahon. WCW was fine, it was doing higher ratings than what Smackdown does today. The network just simply didnt want them on their channel. I could of bought WCW if i had the money, but that doesnt mean they went bankrupt or went out of business.

Stop sucking Mcmahons nutsuck and stop listenin to everything he tells you people.

Sure, give Hogan a chance. It will be interesting to see what he can do with it.

But the idea that he will be a successful "controller" of TNA is the crux of the matter. This reminds me of Michael Jordan becoming a basketball executive. It was presumed he'd be the greatest ever at management because he was the greatest ever at playing the game. As far as I'm concerned, he tarnished his legacy by getting into an area he knew nothing about......not to mention how he hurt the team he was running.

It could be the same with Hogan. Notwithstanding his claim that he "taught the business to Vince McMahon," his professional experience is as a performer, not a front office exec. Presuming he can run the creative side of a wrestling company because of his impact (no pun intended) on the in-ring product is a tremendous risk.

I hope the investors behind TNA know what they're doing. I would hate to see Hogan run the company into the ground but I've never seen evidence that he knows the production side of his profession, at least not enough to run a whole company. (By the way, all of this presumes he really is running the company and hasn't been brought in as a front man who actually doesn't run creative.....sort of a 21st century Jack Tunney).

A couple of posters in this thread commented on Hogan's placing his self-interest above others. Despite his claim that he's too beat up to wrestle, if he can't resist the urge to give himself a championship run......then we'll know.

This might be off topic, but speaking of hogan, when he came out his theme was another version of the nWo theme, but i was wondering if they brought back the nWo to compete with DX, can they use the original theme, or even call themselves nWo, since the last time the nWo and the theme was used was on raw, does vince own the nWo and the theme?

Jeese, someone starts a topic on giving Hogan a chance and the 3rd comment is from the angriest anti-Hogan fan ever, sad state of affairs.

I'm very willing to give Hogan and Bischoff a chance to see what they can do with TNA and everyone involved with it. People are inevitably always going to bring up the past with what happened in WCW, but if we haven't forgot about it, where is this assumption coming from that Bischoff and Hogan have forgotten about it coming from? For a long time they were on the top of the wrestling mountain at perhaps wrestling's most successful time. Then it all went downhill. Now if you were one of those guys, how can you forget that? Whether you could accept the part you played in the downfall or not, such a major fall from grace is going to be harder to forget than all the weeks you were number 1 I believe.
Now we're a decade on from this and people have it in their minds that these guys haven't changed at all based on their own views. The amount of times you read someone blindly saying, "Hogan thinks this" or "Hogan will only do that" is quite astounding and are simply opinions presented as facts. How many people who say this honestly know Hogan well enough to know what he thinks? Opinions are fine, but stop pretending like you're an authority on someone you know through reports and an on-screen persona.

After seeing Impact on Monday, I quite liked what I saw, not all of it but enough there to be hopeful for what can happen in the coming months. It is indeed too early to say whether he's a success or not but if he can get the best out of the young talent that TNA has and call upon his and Bischoff's experience then who knows how far these guys could go in the next 5 years, and even beyond that. A final note, a lot of people have been dubious about these older faces coming in and complaining that so-and-so will hold this title and that, but when you consider all the tips and tricks that these older hands can pass on to folk like Matt Morgan, Jay Lethal, Machine Guns etc then this could give them the confidence to really excel and raise their games even more.

I like the "wait and see" attitude. No one knows what's going to happen yet. I'm encouraged to see guys like Wolfe, Pope and AJ get a decent amount of match time this past Monday. I'm worried when I see the Nasty Boys show up. So it could really go either way right now.

A "wait and see" attitude, however, doesn't mean you sit around talking shit about a guy that, despite whatever else he may have done, had a hand in practically building the house of Professional Wrestling brick by brick with his own bare hands over the past 30 years. That's classless, ignorant, disrespectful, and just a douche thing to do.

*edit*

Whether you could accept the part you played in the downfall or not, such a major fall from grace is going to be harder to forget than all the weeks you were number 1 I believe.

VERY well said.

No, this guy would prefer you make a good life for yourself WITHOUT fucking people over in your way. A lot of people made A LOT of money in this business and they never once fucking a single soul over.

And Hogan made the undercard earn money? REALLY? Have you ever heard of Bad News Brown? Look it up. Ever heard interviews from Rude, Perfect, Honky Tonk Man? You made dick for money unless you worked with Hogan and then you made bank. Hogan not once has ever said "What can I do for you" except when he jobbed to Taker, which was payback for his 91 bullshit angle, and Brock. Now yeah he made people money in WCW, but he's also one of the blames for it closing, so I think that issue is even.

Like I have said, if I was Hogan would I change? Probably not. He never has had to change and he made a ton of money. Why change. But in the same breath don't fucking bullshit me and try to tell me your now "worried" about the business and are going to "help" the young kids. Well isn't that just great.

I bet Jericho, Benoit, Eddy, Flair, all could have used that "support". Instead they went to your competition and buried your fucking ass. Those guys could have helped WCW but they weren't worth the time right Hulk?

I'm gonna ignore a lot of your individual points here, cos you're so off the mark through so much of it, but I will say this: Jericho, Benoit, Eddie and Flair all became superstars/legends without Hulk's help. Sitting there saying that they could've been BIGGER stars if Hulk jobbed out to them (for the record, he jobbed out to Flair on several occassions) is just nonsensical. There, I stop.

It's unfortunate that Hulk's in the position he's in; so many fans, myself included, that wanna believe he'll be a positive thing for TNA and give us some variety to our wrestling but his record of selfish booking and creative control abuse is working against him.
Basically, where I stand is this: I'm watching TNA. I'm watching Hogan. And I'm hoping for the best. But I'm prepared for the worst.

Do any of you remember the CCW that Hogan and Bischoff ran with the celebrities? Who trained these guys to wrestle. Nasty Nobbs, Beefcake, RVD, Goldberg, and Hogan himself. Yes i know the art of Camera editing does occur but they seemed to wrestle ok. I was finding that more interesting that the wwe. What we need to look at is who would you rather AJ learning the tricks of wreslting from Flair or Jarrett. (nothing against JJ) Who is going to teach team chemistry better than a team that has been around along time. What group is going to rub Vince the wrong way and teach the young guys how to do it better than the original nWo who was kicking vinces ASS for weeks.

Complain all you want about the old guys but i would rather them be in there teaching a younger group and even jobbing to them to give them a rub and some conidence that they dont have to beat Vince. WCW didnt have that swagger until Hogan and the nWo came about. I dont think Dixie will let them spend money like its water but they will have to spend some to get better especially in the production department. I think with Russo who did WWE's progaming during the wars they can do it. I think he likes challenges and will do well knowing he has to answer to Hogan now.

Just a thought

Hogan doesn't want to help anybody, only himself. You give him a chance, hell give him a couple, could care less.

I'm more of the "Show me first" type. He's full of shit, has always been full of shit and will remain full of shit until he shows me otherwise. Everybody wants WWE to have competition, and wants TNA to be that. Yet everybody fucking forgets if it wasn't for old fuckstick Hogan and his ass buddy Nash we might still HAVE WCW and this wouldn't be happening.

I don't feel sorry one bit that Hogan is all crippled and broke cause his gold diggin wife broke him. It's called Karma. His comments on the whole Nick crash shit saying that the kid got what he deserved because he was a homo just showed what a vile piece of fucking garbage this man is.

Like I said, give him a chance. But if he controls TNA it will go down just like WCW did. Doesn't bother me one damn bit. I have no stock in either TNA or WWE.

If TNA wanted to compete all they needed was to fire Russo, get Bischoff and Heyman and let those two do they do best. Restrict who Eric could sign and let him create something.

Instead we got the Outsiders at the next PPV and can be looking forward to Nasties vs Dudleys.

Fuck Hogan

EDIT:

"And brother, if it doesn't work, I'll be a great security guard at Target. "

There's Hogan right there in a nutshell. Making jokes. Well guess what you crippled fucking nothing, if you fuck up TNA and "It doesn't work out" a lot of good men, just like WCW, will be out of a job. But you don't give a shit cause you will always have your reality TV shows or you could ****e out your skank daughter again who can't sing worth a shit. Fuck Hogan

You sir, are probably the greatest example of an armchair wrestling expert if ever I have seen one. You sound like you intimately know all these wrestlers in real life, judging Hogan's character alone shows that you have an overwhelming negative bias towards him and to be honest your words have got to be the most ignorant thing I have seen on these boards since I've joined.

Sure, Hulk Hogan's taped comments in Nick's jail cell were very unbecoming of this man who was marketed as a children's role model for all these years, but then again you find me a single person in that business that's any better and worthy of sainthood. Good luck finding one you short sighted loudmouth because the wrestling business isn't tailored for humanitarians. All these people have flaws, but like I said I don't watch wrestling to critique the personal character of these people, which more times than not has nothing to do with the overall product. I watch it to be entertained.

Yeah, that's right I said it, I am bursting your bubble right now and telling you that professional wrestling is an illusion. These people you see on TV are very often separate from the characters they are portraying. I don't expect these performers that I like to watch to be nice people. And you know why? Because the entertainment business isn't suppose to be about being nice, to make it you have to be on top of your game and be agressive. You just can not let people walk all over you, you have to make your own luck to succeed. That pretty much applies to everything else in life. So therefore that type of environment sometimes brings out the worst in people and the man behind Hulk Hogan is no different, but at the same time Hulk Hogan's done a lot more for other talent than people think and his role in taking down WCW was vastly overrated. This tired point of him killing WCW annoys me in addition to people who say he never loses to other wrestlers. I guess Sting, Kurt Angle, The Rock, and Goldberg were in the ring with an impostor claiming to be Hulk Hogan! Since Hulk Hogan's "refusal" to job is so tied in with WCW's downfall, I thought I would just point that out. And yes before you say anything else I know The Rock and Angle were WWF/E wrestlers, but Sting and Goldberg were definitely WCW guys and Hogan at any time with his pull in the business could have flat out refused to drop matches to both of them.

But getting back to WCW's demise, I guess people somehow forgot that unlike WWF/E, which at the time was in its infancy of being a publicly traded company, was more or less a family owned business. WCW didn't have that luxury of having one tireless man like Vince McMahon (I have to give the man credit in that respect) to fight for his company.

No, WCW was the red headed step child of Turner Broadcasting and because like anything else in Corporate America, leadership changes, especially with television networks and things get changed all the time. It's proven fact that the network execs didn't want professional wrestling on the air once Turner got ousted by the other shareholders of the newly merged AOL Time Warner, that is the MAIN reason why WCW got absorbed by the WWF! That much is proven fact, all you have to go on with Hogan and Nash being "supposed" culprits in the death of WCW is from other ill-informed self professed wrestling insiders that somehow know everything that goes on behind the gorilla position. All that my good man is just speculation. And don't tell me you have solid proof, because shoot interviews from embittered ex-performers in WCW or people that HATE Hulk Hogan aren't admissible as actual evidence.

All you're saying wolvdog316 you nauseating little smark is that you basically can't formulate your own opinions and/or theories because you're just saying the same tired old conspiracy BS like the majority of people on this forum and the internet as a whole.

But then again I could be wrong, maybe you got some pay stubs kicking around your home that have the words "Turner Broadcasting" or "World Championship Wrestling" printed on them. I mean far be it from me to call you out on something if you happen to have at any point worked for World Championship Wrestling and saw the backstage antics of people like Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash unfold. So tell me kind sir, did you ever happen to be an employee of WCW during the years of 1994-2001? I really want to know, because if you were and you know something I don't, I'll be more than glad to not only apologize but also pay my air fare to wherever you live whether it's Detroit, Michigan or Beijing, China and on my hands and knees, I'll personally kiss your ass.

Somehow though, I don't see that happening you tool, have a beautiful day and I hope you enjoyed the read you incessant little internet troll!

wow what wolvdog 316 said was one of the wrost posts i have ever seen sir jose ole put him in the right place and to be honest i am glad he did that. wolvdog has no right to say any of that because he doesnt personally know hogan or the business since he has never been in it.

What i would like to say is to give Hogan a chance. Sure in WCW he did make mistakes and there were times when he was a good role model, but let the past be the past and move on. WCW is dead it was 10 years ago so get over it. Hogan has already done some good for TNA by getting them on the map on Monday night against Raw and still pulled a 1.5 rating (which i think is good for a small company trying to make it) and lets see what he can really do with a young company with really good wrestlers and i think with the experience of Hogan and the genious of Bischoff (who i believe to be the greatest mind in wrestling today) they can really make a push at this whole TNA vs. WWE war thing.

LETS DO THIS TNA!!!!

i am still a WWE fan, but competition brings out the best

"Sitting there saying that they could've been BIGGER stars if Hulk jobbed out to them (for the record, he jobbed out to Flair on several occassions) is just nonsensical. There, I stop."

Who said anything about Hogan jobbing to them? I never did. I said Hulk never helped them. And he didn't. He had nWo on the fucking tv every 10 minutes. God forbid somebody else get some serious tv time. No, had to go to nWo and Hogan.

I watched a Nitro from 98, and it was horrible. Hogan came out for 3 different 10 minute interviews. Why? That was not needed. Give Benoit, Jericho a chance to try and compete with the nWo. Give them a match with Hall, Nash, Buff, anybody. Instead nWo buried everyone in their wake.

And some people say it was the lack of a merger that killed WCW. Sure. But it was because WCW was losing so much money you would have to be an idiot to keep them on the air. But why were they losing money? Because when nWo got stale, when Goldberg got stale, WCW had nothing to fall back on. By the time WCW figured out Hogan wasn't drawing dick anymore, it was too late. That's why you had Steiner, and Booker, and shorts wearing Sid in the main event. Jeff too.

All Hogan had to do was pick 2 guys....2 guys that he gave a rub too, not be jobbing, just putting them in ME status and WCW would have been fine. He did it for 1. Goldberg. That's it.

Fact is Hogan and Bischoff thought unless you were 6'6 or bigger, had good mic skills, was a star in the past, you couldn't sell. They were wrong and it cost WCW and hundreds of employees.

These are the same two guys who took the Horsemen who were JUST as over as nWo and buried them every chance they got.

But like I said, it doesn't bother me one bit. I don't like TNA that much. You guys do, not me. So when your show is filled with nWo 6.0 who will that affect? Me? Nope. You. Your the ones who will have to suffer seeing Hall, Nash, Bischoff, Jeff, Hogan not me.

Want to know how I know TNA won't ever be as big as WWE with this current selection of writers bookers, men in charge? It's simple

WWE drew a 3.6, highest in 5-6 months. They are pissed. They are mad. They think that # is garbage.

TNA drew a 1.5. Only .2 better than their highest draw with Hogan, Flair, Hardy, nwo, Bischoff, Jeff. They are happy.

They should be questioning why 4 supposedly huge draws only drew a half a point rating each.

And I'll say it again, WCW went big more because of Bischoff and Hall and Nash than Hogan. Hogan was stale, nobody wanted to see Hogan. People weren't paying to see Hogan vs Zodiak or Hogan vs Flair for the millionth time. Hall and Nash changed wrestling, as much as I hate them. Hogan only drew for 2 years out of the 8 he was in WCW. Thats a 25% draw rate. Is that supposed to be great? No that's horrible

And I'll say it again, WCW went big more because of Bischoff and Hall and Nash than Hogan. Hogan was stale, nobody wanted to see Hogan. People weren't paying to see Hogan vs Zodiak or Hogan vs Flair for the millionth time. Hall and Nash changed wrestling, as much as I hate them. Hogan only drew for 2 years out of the 8 he was in WCW. Thats a 25% draw rate. Is that supposed to be great? No that's horrible

As far as the low numbers for TNA by comparison to WWE, it is what it is, WCW didn't boom overnight and neither will TNA. Yes, I do realize that in theory with the star power, things should have been huge for TNA but 2.2 million people is a precedent for the company. It's what you call a start, and trust me without Hogan, TNA very likely would not have gotten that start.

People haven't seen an alternative to WWE in nearly a decade, so there's that adjustment time that is needed to get this thing off the ground if it can take off. A whole new audience is on the rise to see that there isn't just WWE anymore to watch, but then again what do I know, you must have a magic eight ball or a business degree kicking around somewhere to help you make these amazing points.

And as far as nWo taking off with just Hall, Nash and Bischoff, are you kidding me? Did you see how riled up that crowd got AFTER Hogan came into that ring, the audience was so invested in this guy for all those years, and it's neither here nor there if the "Red and Yellow" had gotten old, the fact is people still found comfort in the persona, enough fans still supported Hogan for him to remain over in WCW for his first couple of years. So when Hogan turned against the crowd and became Hollywood Hogan that totally gave the nWo angle a legit stamp. It made sense for storyline purposes to have Hogan as the third man. You're just letting real life interfere with kayfabe dude, and that's a real bad mix.

No offense to Hall and Nash because I've always loved their personas but believe me, they needed a TRUE trump card for the nWo to work, and that trump card was Hogan. Trust me, if the third man was Luger, Sting, or Randy Savage the shock value would not have been there. To a small contigent of loyal WCW fans that never grew up on WWF, I would say that Sting would have riled things up a bit and made the storyline interesting, but the mass appeal wouldn't have worked and in the end you still needed wrestling's biggest star to make the nWo a success that made WCW a true rival to WWF.

With that said, I don't think I'd trust you as a booker anymore than most of you internet theorists trust Vince Russo! Heck wolvdog316, I think that if you were booking WCW, you'd probably have made Sgt. Craig Pittman or Aracnhaman the third man. Bottom line, neither you or I truly know the ins and outs of booking a great wrestling program, the only difference is that I got the edge over you with having an open mind and critical thinking and I'm not one to banter in speculation, I only work on solid hard fact and I go off only what I know not what I think when it comes to making a critical point and that's what these forums should be about. I understand you have an opinion and you're entitled to it the same way I am, but in my view and as I can tell from the views of others, you are offering nothing constructive to the point that this thread was trying to make in the first place.

Oh and from 1994-2000, Hogan only drew two out of his six years in WCW?! You're totally delusional for pulling that one out of your rear end! Trust me his presence in the company was for the better. If he's this shitty draw you say he is then let me ask you one other thing, shall I?

Where are you hiding all those gate receipts from the WCW events that Hogan wrestled in during his stint in the company. I want to see if any of this adds up to the paltry 25 per cent draw that you said he made with the company. Where are you honestly getting these numbers you armchair virtuoso, was I right the first time, were you indeed a WCW staff member, I mean I just want to make sure man, because if I am wrong on something I would feel awfully foolish for calling someone of your grand expertise out.

Perish the thought, right?

Well, for me as of right now, as a fan I will give him a change (easy guys because I know I am not doing Hulk any favors with that) since at least it helped TNA in the ratings but I am not completely convinced to be honest.

This is from reading, hearing his interviews during all this time and how he was portayed on Monday, which just should had ended with the end of the match, instead it finished with Hogan going out there, taking the attention from the awesome match AJ and Angle had and turning everything about him and a storyline about him.

Also if you read or hear a recap of his interviews, is like he is a God and the only reason he has not nad is because the only mistake he has ever made is to trust too much in people and being in power most of the time.

One agument why the WCW according to Hogan (you can look for it at the Archives of the site) was because he allowed Eric Bishoff to become full of himself and that ended up bringing WCW down, That he alone brought with him all the WWF fans and almost ended Vince' company, that he teached Vince the lost art of Wrestling and then he became successful, that he now know fix TNA's direction, by what? bringging his old Guard with him? Give me a break.

To his credit, he has alway been cool with the fans, just by the way he portaits himself and always has with talent, according to the ones who knows him personally (which I happen to know a few) he believes usually that everything is and should revolve around him (Don't completely blame the guy, since at the beginning everything was, but as time goes by, things change and He never let go).

So as a fan I hope more than anything that he leaves the guys do their thing and really contributes with knowlegde instead of what happened at the end of both his runs at WWE in the early 90's and WCW at the end.

And no, the answer is not to fire Russo either, They guy might have lost it at some point but is the one that has allowed AJ to shine, not in the best way but hey, at least he is not jobbing to Jeff Jarret anymore, is he?

So when Hogan tapped out to Kurt Angle in 2002, that was in fact to put himself over? When he lost to the Rock in 2002 and 2003 that was to put over Hogan? And of course when he lost the tag titles with Edge to Christian and Lance Storm that was again Hogan serving himself? Maybe you should get off your smark cloud and take a look at all the times Hogan helped out other wrestlers. He lost to Goldberg cleanly. When WCW implemented the New Blood storyline we saw Hogan get jobbed out to Billy Kidman and Mike Awesome multiple times. Hogan isn't what ruined WCW. A combination of poor booking, inability to build new stars who could connect with the crowd and an executive decision made by Time Warner, who no longer wanted a wrestling program is what killed WCW. Hogan wasn't even there when it went under, he left almost a full year earlier.

Sorry dude but you are way off, Hogan, Nash, Bischoff killed WCW and they will do the same to TNA. Three words - "Fingerpoke of Doom". basically when Hogan jobbed to Kidman and Awesome the water was going down the drain, there was no way to correct it. Hogan to the Rock, is the WWE proving the Rock was the man... You obviously didn't watch the TNA show. Hogan said that everything was different this time around, and then we see a fat Hall, a pathetic soft dicked Chyna butt raper Waltman, and a Nash who can barely walk, kick the crap out of everyone in the back just like the good ole days. Now we see the the Outsiders will fight Beer Money, WTF is that crap?

TNA and Hogan will not do what is right for TNA, they are selfish and they will not push the talent.

Sorry dude but you are way off, Hogan, Nash, Bischoff killed WCW and they will do the same to TNA. Three words - "Fingerpoke of Doom". basically when Hogan jobbed to Kidman and Awesome the water was going down the drain, there was no way to correct it. Hogan to the Rock, is the WWE proving the Rock was the man... You obviously didn't watch the TNA show. Hogan said that everything was different this time around, and then we see a fat Hall, a pathetic soft dicked Chyna butt raper Waltman, and a Nash who can barely walk, kick the crap out of everyone in the back just like the good ole days. Now we see the the Outsiders will fight Beer Money, WTF is that crap?

TNA and Hogan will not do what is right for TNA, they are selfish and they will not push the talent.

Dude, sorry to tell you but you are way off, I just love how you are so articulate and you think you know what you are talking about, but please just go take your internet wrestling conspiracy theories and shove them straight up your rear end you bozo.

Again, the reason WCW was done and over with was because the corporate entity (AOL) that merged with Time Warner, no longer wanted wrestling on their programming period, that's what has been proven, that's what the network execs themselves said. People aren't arguing that the bigger stars never pulled their weight and had stroke, I think that's a fair suspicion to have. But to say that it went on to the extent you claim it did, is just pure speculation, you or I don't know the true story, so stop trying to act like you're spouting fact.

Get over yourself, you pompous smark!

Dude, sorry to tell you but you are way off, I just love how you are so articulate and you think you know what you are talking about, but please just go take your internet wrestling conspiracy theories and shove them straight up your rear end you bozo.

Again, the reason WCW was done and over with was because the corporate entity (AOL) that merged with Time Warner, no longer wanted wrestling on their programming period, that's what has been proven, that's what the network execs themselves said. People aren't arguing that the bigger stars never pulled their weight and had stroke, I think that's a fair suspicion to have. But to say that it went on to the extent you claim it did, is just pure speculation, you or I don't know the true story, so stop trying to act like you're spouting fact.

Get over yourself, you pompous smark!

My my my, what a mouth you have on you, So you are going to tell us that AOL wanted them gone huh? It has nothing to do with the crappy ratings, the losing money thing, and any of that huh? So beside Goldberg, name someone else who got a major push other than the nWo? Why did all this younger talent jump ship to the WWE, was it becasue of AOL??? Yeah didn't think so, all that happened long before the company closed, when the talent left so did the ratings and look where they went to the WWE.

So genius, zip your lip, shut your hole, and suck it.

My my my, what a mouth you have on you, So you are going to tell us that AOL wanted them gone huh? It has nothing to do with the crappy ratings, the losing money thing, and any of that huh? So beside Goldberg, name someone else who got a major push other than the nWo? Why did all this younger talent jump ship to the WWE, was it becasue of AOL??? Yeah didn't think so, all that happened long before the company closed, when the talent left so did the ratings and look where they went to the WWE.

So genius, zip your lip, shut your hole, and suck it.

Yes, I am telling you that exactly, moron that the newly formed AOL Time Warner no longer wanted wrestling on its programming line up, the individual responsible for this call was Jamie Kellner. AOL Time Warner at one time was going to sell WCW to Fusient Media Ventures along with Eric Bischoff, but the deal fell through since Jamie Kellner himself no longer wanted wrestling on television.

Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia, which was based on information from the Death of WCW book, (which I must add did talk about the older stars having their part, and while I personally don't agree with everything they said, their points were a lot more objective than yours), I mention this just so you know that it wasn't something that was just posted out of the blue, it's definitely not WikiFiction, so read on you misguided individual...

A 2005 book about World Championship Wrestling alleged that Kellner was the one who really "killed" the former powerhouse promotion. Despite a downturn in ratings (WCW's ratings were still higher than most programming on TNT and TBS at the time) and a financial crisis, former WCW president Eric Bischoff (through Fusient Media Ventures) was still interested in buying it and turning it around. However, Kellner thought that, even if WCW could once again attract viewers, the demographics would not be favorable enough to get the "right" advertisers to buy airtime. In early 2001, Kellner announced that TBS and TNT would no longer air wrestling shows. In March 2001, the WWF purchased WCW and its related assets. Due to what is considered the decline of the WWE product, many wrestling fans have denounced Kellner's actions in regards to WCW, blaming him for the fact that WWE owner Vince McMahon has a virtual monopoly on the professional wrestling market on the national level.

As far as other talent jumping ship to the WWF (yeah assclown, it was WWF then not WWE), they found other opportunities, like I said in earlier posts, I am not saying that Hall, Nash, Hogan and these other big guys didn't have their pull and take advantage of their stardom. But I am not saying they did either, because I was never there to see what went down in WCW! And neither were you, unless you can prove beyond the shadow of a doubt you were there. So let me ask you, were you there to see guys like Benoit, Malenko and Guerrero negotiate their release from WCW? Yeah, I'm pretty sure you weren't, anyway for more on WCW's downfall let me let you in on something, press releases do not lie, so read this article...

http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling/WCWNWO/bischoff.txt

Right there shows that there attempts to keep WCW alive, and that even with the money the audience it was losing, it was still a viable enough product for a company like Fuisent Media Ventures to buy, after all this company only did find a network called Classic Sports, which would end up under the ESPN umbrella of networks. So basically, my point here is that you like all these other armchair experts, are going off of internet dirtsheet speculation, show me the smoking gun moron.

Jumping ship to WWF, people whining and crying on TV rags like WWE Confidential or all these shoot interviews just aren't enough to convince me to be honest that Hulk Hogan and these other vets were the killers of WCW. Because in my mind if WCW was that weak a prospect you wouldn't have had investors still looking to buy it.

I don't hold a business degree and I don't really understand business, I can say that I myself wasn't a fan of the overall WCW product at the time, but they still had a lot to offer at that point, and obviously other people except AOL Time Warner thought that.

Like I said I hate bursting that smark bubble that you're suffocating inside of, but your speculation does nothing to give your points any merit. Show me solid fact like I have shown you, or show me your business degree from Harvard or Yale...if you can do all that, maybe just maybe I'll consider putting on some lip gloss and royally kissing your ass while waiting for hell to freeze over...

Who's the genius now there you self professed wrestling Einstein! Oh and by the way you deserve bonus points for ripping off D-X's catchphrase, my what a master of originality you are, no wonder why all your posts lack credibility!

Yes, I am telling you that exactly, moron that the newly formed AOL Time Warner no longer wanted wrestling on its programming line up, the individual responsible for this call was Jamie Kellner. AOL Time Warner at one time was going to sell WCW to Fusient Media Ventures along with Eric Bischoff, but the deal fell through since Jamie Kellner himself no longer wanted wrestling on television.

Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia, which was based on information from the Death of WCW book, (which I must add did talk about the older stars having their part, and while I personally don't agree with everything they said, their points were a lot more objective than yours), I mention this just so you know that it wasn't something that was just posted out of the blue, it's definitely not WikiFiction, so read on you misguided individual...

---SNIP---

Who's the genius now there you self professed wrestling Einstein! Oh and by the way you deserve bonus points for ripping off D-X's catchphrase, my what a master of originality you are, no wonder why all your posts lack credibility!

Wow genius, I noticed the second sentence said becasue of declining ratings, LIKE I SAID... I would love to find where you are so I could bet you that Hogan will not do what is right for TNA, at least for what we saw last Monday, granted all we have to go from is one Monday oh and his utter failure at WCW. If what you say is true about that jackhole from AOL dropping WCW is true, I really doubt that they would have dropped it if it was making the kind of money it was when they were beating the WWF/E... Oh and you were not there at those AOL meetings, so basically you are going off what someone else said, I have the ratings to prove my points, and the fact that most of the talent jumped ship, and once that happened WCW went down...

Wow genius, I noticed the second sentence said becasue of declining ratings, LIKE I SAID... I would love to find where you are so I could bet you that Hogan will not do what is right for TNA, at least for what we saw last Monday, granted all we have to go from is one Monday oh and his utter failure at WCW. If what you say is true about that jackhole from AOL dropping WCW is true, I really doubt that they would have dropped it if it was making the kind of money it was when they were beating the WWF/E... Oh and you were not there at those AOL meetings, so basically you are going off what someone else said, I have the ratings to prove my points, and the fact that most of the talent jumped ship, and once that happened WCW went down...You know we are both right in this, but I think you are just being a total ******* and wanting to argue with me. Have a nice day A-Hole!

You see unlike you, I am not claiming to have insider knowledge, I only make mere observations, but yes I do admit that declining ratings didn't help WCW's case, but they were in far worse shape in the pre-Hogan era than they were when he was around and when he left in 2000. The shift in authority with Ted Turner losing his power in the company is a more likely bet for WCW being sold to WWE, than the gibberish you're trying to tell everyone else here.

Just get over the fact that you lack objectivity, you lack critical thinking, and that you can't form your own opinion, you're going off the television ratings proves nothing to us, and if you are trying to use TNA's 1.5 rating as means to say that Hogan and company have already failed then you really are an idiot, because like I said in previous posts, TNA is the first organization we have seen in almost a decade to counter WWE on Monday nights.

If it can succeed and I said if, because even I don't know what's going to happen, things will have to take time, but yeah man if I were you, I'd leave all the thinking to other people because it's pretty obvious that's something you have no concept of.

As short minded as you are, AOL is a business. WCW was losing money like a sieve. If WCW was making the money it was when the nWo was rocking, I can 100% say that there would be no way that AOL and it's share holders wouold drop a show like that with all the money it was drawing, but the heads of AOL saw that they were losing money and decided to drop the show, so sure AOL dropped it and killed it, but why, it was becasue they lost all the talent, WWE was kicking the crap out them in the ratings, they were losing money, which is what I have said all along.

As short minded as you are, AOL is a business. WCW was losing money like a sieve. If WCW was making the money it was when the nWo was rocking, I can 100% say that there would be no way that AOL and it's share holders wouold drop a show like that with all the money it was drawing, but the heads of AOL saw that they were losing money and decided to drop the show, so sure AOL dropped it and killed it, but why, it was becasue they lost all the talent, WWE was kicking the crap out them in the ratings, they were losing money, which is what I have said all along.

Your resorting to once again steal the tired old "two words" that Shawn Michaels and Hunter Hearst-Helmsley made famous once again shows how are one sad sack my good man. Again, start thinking of your own trash talk, because the words "suck it" are losing their cuteness.

Again, not a single one of your posts had a lick of credibility to begin with. I should just ignore you but because I can't stand the mindsets of people like you and I think you are a bad example of what a wrestling fan is, I just can't help but have to continue this because the "smark" phenomenon just irks the hell out of me.

What I proposed was a mere theory, that from what I was able to draw upon by their being attempts to buy WCW and keep it running as well as the fact that WCW was still drawing ratings, WCW could have stayed alive. Look at it like this, I never ever said WCW wasn't losing money, but say AOL Time Warner sold to Fusient, then they would still be having the same respectable ratings for WCW programming but they would no longer be owners of the organization, therefore they would not be losing money, it'd be Eric Bischoff and Fusient's problem from that point. AOL Time Warner would have been no worse if they had sold to the investors instead of Vince McMahon, it's just that with a new head of programming they did not want pro wrestling on their station anymore, whether they owned it or not, it's that simple. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that WCW's biggest supporter Ted Turner lost all of his control after the AOL Time Warner merger.

But considering your constant emphasis on speculation and your unnerving bias, something tells me that you were probably a shareholder in AOL Time Warner's stock and you'd rather watch Re-runs of Law and Order on TNT all night and then switch over to TBS for an all day viewing of Dirty Dancing.

The identity of Turner programming (which ironically had little to do with the man that founded it at this point) was changing and wrestling wasn't part of it. Oh I am sure that if they were doing WWF numbers the likelihood of selling would have been less, who knows? I'm not a mystic here, I am just offering an opinion, a constructive one.

But again, corporate shifts happen all the time, even if something is a money maker or not, there's always that possibility of change when the corporate ladder is restructured. Again, Mr. Business Major, unless you know something I don't and you were behind the scenes for WCW's rise and fall, then I'll bow down on my knees and apologize.

But I don't see that happening...

"If you can't wrestle or talk then pack your bags and head up north!" this was the quote from Hogan of all people! this bastard cannot talk nor wrestle!
TNA is fuct if they have this guy in charge.....he can't sell and is over-rated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back