[Official] Dragon Ball Z Thread

I very recently changed my wallpaper to this:
Dragon_Ball_Z_HD_Wallpaper_by_UntouchedGFX.jpg

Awesome!!

Yes that was one reason. But still, Im pretty positive they referred to Frieza as "he" several times in the story.

There was a point where he voiced four out of five members of the Ginyu Force. Only Brice Armstrong voiced Ginyu, otherwise he would have had the whole team.

Schemell originally wanted to be Ginyu. He thought he sounded cool so he tried out for the part. When he got the part of Goku he said something like "Are you sure I cant be Ginyu?". Only when he walked in to the building to do the voice acting that he saw all of the pictures of Goku and realized that they this was the right choice for him.

Schemell originally wanted to be Ginyu. He thought he sounded cool so he tried out for the part. When he got the part of Goku he said something like "Are you sure I cant be Ginyu?". Only when he walked in to the building to do the voice acting that he saw all of the pictures of Goku and realized that they this was the right choice for him.

I've heard this story before...in fact:

[YOUTUBE]LoFWf5PUgI8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]OfGXxyGRFRY[/YOUTUBE]

The dub of Ep. #85 Gohan Returns has a rather interesting subplot. While Shenron is trying to fulfil Mr Popo's wish of reviving all of the victims of Freiza and his goons, Gohan and Freiza claim that Goku has been killed.

When Goku emerges from the sea again, the timing almost makes it seem like he WAS defeated and killed by Freiza only to be revived by the same wish that brings Vegeta, Dende, Guru and the other Namekians back to live.

Of course, this is not supposedly possible as Goku had been revived by Shenron before for the Saiyan Invasion of Earth and Goku was not fully healed when he emerges to finish Freiza. However, due to the special relationship that developed between Goku and the Eternal Dragon and Shenron's bending of the rules him it might not be completely out of the question.

Барбоса;2419073 said:
The dub of Ep. #85 Gohan Returns has a rather interesting subplot. While Shenron is trying to fulfil Mr Popo's wish of reviving all of the victims of Freiza and his goons, Gohan and Freiza claim that Goku has been killed.

When Goku emerges from the sea again, the timing almost makes it seem like he WAS defeated and killed by Freiza only to be revived by the same wish that brings Vegeta, Dende, Guru and the other Namekians back to live.

Of course, this is not supposedly possible as Goku had been revived by Shenron before for the Saiyan Invasion of Earth and Goku was not fully healed when he emerges to finish Freiza. However, due to the special relationship that developed between Goku and the Eternal Dragon and Shenron's bending of the rules him it might not be completely out of the question.

Well Im sure the final say of this can only be achieved via the manga. Also even with a special relationship, whatever that means, the Dragon doesnt have the power to do it the multiple times, which is the entire reason that they went to Namek in the first place.

Also Im pretty positive it was made to seem like Goku wasnt beaten, he was simply down for that time, and did that part even happen in the Manga? I always found it weird that that whole ep even took place as it seemed out of place, especially with parts like Frieza automatically going down and up from Maximum.

Did anyone else think Frieza should have died. Even if he could survive being in space he should have bled to death.

Well Im sure the final say of this can only be achieved via the manga. Also even with a special relationship, whatever that means, the Dragon doesnt have the power to do it the multiple times, which is the entire reason that they went to Namek in the first place.

Also Im pretty positive it was made to seem like Goku wasnt beaten, he was simply down for that time, and did that part even happen in the Manga? I always found it weird that that whole ep even took place as it seemed out of place, especially with parts like Frieza automatically going down and up from Maximum.

There definitely was some strange timing with that episode. Not sure why they felt the need to have Goku down for so long and then have Gohan, Freiza and even King Kai make such a big deal about Goku being dead when a wish to bring back everyone killed by Freiza and his goons.

I mentioned a special relationship between Goku and Shenron only due to the non-canon part of DBGT where Shenron revives Krillin for a second time

Барбоса;2419766 said:
There definitely was some strange timing with that episode. Not sure why they felt the need to have Goku down for so long and then have Gohan, Freiza and even King Kai make such a big deal about Goku being dead when a wish to bring back everyone killed by Freiza and his goons.

I mentioned a special relationship between Goku and Shenron only due to the non-canon part of DBGT where Shenron revives Krillin for a second time

Well Shenron is different in GT than he is during the Frieza Saga.

Did anyone else think Frieza should have died. Even if he could survive being in space he should have bled to death.

I would say that Freiza did not bleed in the conventional manner. Sure he coughed up blood on occasion but when he had his tail cut off by Krillin and a second time by the Genki Dama and finally when he was cut in half, he did not spew blood the same way as say Nail did when Freiza broke his arm off.

Being able to control ki may have used in some way to explain the lack of blood on other occasions such as Tien's loss of an arm against Nappa that was likely due to some kind of censoring

This entire episode was epic

It was. What was really shocking was that Freeza was alive. They'd just spent literally a whole 75+ episodes trying to kill him, thought he was dead and then he showed up with his bigger, badder dad. I wish they hadn't used Cold as Trunks' fodder though. I'd have preferred to have seen him actually do something.

Барбоса;2419812 said:
I would say that Freiza did not bleed in the conventional manner. Sure he coughed up blood on occasion but when he had his tail cut off by Krillin and a second time by the Genki Dama and finally when he was cut in half, he did not spew blood the same way as say Nail did when Freiza broke his arm off.

Being able to control ki may have used in some way to explain the lack of blood on other occasions such as Tien's loss of an arm against Nappa that was likely due to some kind of censoring

Also hes an alien, the ability to survive anywhere means an obvious difference in physiology. This could mean that perhaps he is quicker to heal and thus doesnt bleed as such. He does bleed as there was blood all of the ground from Goku brutally bleeding, but it was different. Also I recall his blood was purple(could be from the dub), what we saw of him floating simply could have been chunks of his body floating in space with him.

Idk it might simply be a case of inconsistency.

It was. What was really shocking was that Freeza was alive. They'd just spent literally a whole 75+ episodes trying to kill him, thought he was dead and then he showed up with his bigger, badder dad. I wish they hadn't used Cold as Trunks' fodder though. I'd have preferred to have seen him actually do something.

Me too, but I guess killing them right away was a way of putting over the new threat and to show just how much powerful they were in comparison to Frieza.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back