New Dragonball Z film: Battle of Gods due out this year!

lenguy

First Immortality..Then the Bitches
[YOUTUBE]tAyLJq08lZo[/YOUTUBE]

"The global phenomenon Dragon Ball is being made into a movie using Toei Animation’s latest technology, consistently realized as a Toriyama work, with the original author Akira Toriyama himself deeply involved from the script stage for the first time. An episode from between the animation series “Z” and “GT”, or in other words from the blank decade between the end of the battle with Majin Buu in chapter 517 of the manga and chapter 518, will be depicted for the first time.

Such well-known and charming characters as Krillin, Piccolo, and Vegeta will all make an appearance. A new story in the official history of Dragon Ball is born, neither a spin-off nor a side-story, one that can be enjoyed by both children and parents, manga fans and anime fans."
— Toei Animation's Press Release for the upcoming film - July 17, 2012

Fuck Yeah! I've been patiently awaiting the day we would see more DBZ and that day has finally arrived. I hope this is the first of many more movies to come. Who else is excited?

I don't know as much as other Dragonball experts, but one thing about that show always bothered me, and that's the usage of the Dragonballs. They undermine every major development in the storylines. Someone dies, it's okay we'll just use the Dragonballs to bring them back. A planet is destroyed, it's okay we'll use the Dragonballs to restore the planet.

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but sometime during the Cell saga, Krillin wished for a human version of Andriod 18, but Shenron (I think?) said the wish was impossible, so he removed the bomb/self-destruct device from 18's body instead. So the Eternal Dragons are capable of restoring an entire civilization, erasing Majin Buu from the memories of everyone on earth, and rebuilding entire planets, but somehow transforming an android into a human being is asking too much? Okay then.

As far as the new movie goes, I'll probably check it out. I have a few of the Broly movies on DVD, Cooler's Revenge on VHS, and The Return Of Cooler on DVD.

Psyched for it. It's supposed to be out by March. Hope it gets a dub release with the Funimation cast.
I don't know as much as other Dragonball experts, but one thing about that show always bothered me, and that's the usage of the Dragonballs. They undermine every major development in the storylines. Someone dies, it's okay we'll just use the Dragonballs to bring them back. A planet is destroyed, it's okay we'll use the Dragonballs to restore the planet.
It's a really heavy plot point early on and the reason they fight Freeza. But by the Majin Buu saga they were literally letting people die with the intention of bringing them back. It does become a plot point to close GT though.

Also, I'm not 100% sure, but sometime during the Cell saga, Krillin wished for a human version of Andriod 18, but Shenron (I think?) said the wish was impossible, so he removed the bomb/self-destruct device from 18's body instead. So the Eternal Dragons are capable of restoring an entire civilization, erasing Majin Buu from the memories of everyone on earth, and rebuilding entire planets, but somehow transforming an android into a human being is asking too much? Okay then.
That bastard could never follow standards.

Psyched for it. It's supposed to be out by March. Hope it gets a dub release with the Funimation cast.

It's a really heavy plot point early on and the reason they fight Freeza. But by the Majin Buu saga they were literally letting people die with the intention of bringing them back. It does become a plot point to close GT though.

I've only seen it once, so I don't remember it too well, but I guess you're talking about the episode where Shenron takes the Dragonballs away from the people of earth and Bulma's dragon radar, because the people of earth had to learn about survival without the Dragonballs. And then Goku makes some kind of deal to go with Shenron, leaving earth forever, and handing over his role as protector to Vegeta.

That bastard could never follow standards.

Lulz. Krillin has to be one of the most useless (unless I'm missing something from the Garlic Jr. saga) Dragonball characters ever, next to Tien and Chiaotzu of course.

I'm guessing/hoping there's an explanation. Akira Toriyama is close to the script after all.

I'm guessing they just forgot about it. Toriyama had a habit of often forgetting about consistency, and any project he has input with reflects this.

Maybe the lack of Mystic Gohan will be it put to much strain on his body (like Super Saiyan 3) or it was a temporary thing

Maybe the lack of Mystic Gohan will be it put to much strain on his body (like Super Saiyan 3) or it was a temporary thing

Manga states there was no strain at all, and the transformation permanently replaced his SSJ form. The only drawback of the transformation is that he can't get any stronger unless he fuses.

I'm sure Toriyama just forgot about it.

I'm guessing they just forgot about it. Toriyama had a habit of often forgetting about consistency, and any project he has input with reflects this.

This is true... afterall, in DragonBall, Goku promised he'd go see Grandpa Gohan in Other World when he passed away. Well I've seen Goku die at least twice in the series and each time he dies, he's never went to go see Grandpa Gohan. You'd think that would be a big moment considering Goku's the one that killed him in the first place, and Goku never got to physically apologize for it... the closest he had was a realization when he was fighting Vegeta.

This is true... afterall, in DragonBall, Goku promised he'd go see Grandpa Gohan in Other World when he passed away. Well I've seen Goku die at least twice in the series and each time he dies, he's never went to go see Grandpa Gohan. You'd think that would be a big moment considering Goku's the one that killed him in the first place, and Goku never got to physically apologize for it... the closest he had was a realization when he was fighting Vegeta.

And they never once had a Bardock/Goku moment for a moment with Vegeta and his father.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back