[Official] Dragon Ball Z Thread

ZGif-Byepika.gif

Oh, and I think Super Awesome won the debate.

That's better :p

Yup.

Both of you guys did a phenomenal job debating, and should both be commended - but at the end of the day, "Super Awesome" had better points.

Rep to you both.

I agree, praise to the both of you for putting on such an exhilarating debate. I'm also incline to agree that Mister "super" awesome pulled out the win on this. Not to take anything away from Funkay, your one hell of a debater but I found myself agreeing with most of Mister awesome points slightly more often. Kudos to you both though.

Rumored Sequel said:
There are rumors the a sequel, called Dragonball 2: Reborn. There is no scheduled released date, but it is said that James Marsters will reprise his role as Piccolo, and Vegeta will appear. Justin Chatwin, Eriko Tamura, Jamie Chung and Emmy Rossum are rumored to reprise their roles as Goku, Mai, Chi Chi and Bulma. On IMDB, Jason Scott Lee is added as Tien Shinhan, Bill Goldberg as Nappa, Shaobo Qin as Krillin, Isaac Jin Solstein as Gohan and Hiro Super as Raditz, Super will also write the film. James Kyson-Lee and Tatsuya Fujiwara are up to replace Joon Park as Yamcha. Matt Mullins is rumored to appear as Vegeta. James Wong is not going to direct the sequel, Dragonball Evolution producer Stephen Chow and Takeshi Kitano are rumor to direct the film.

WAT

Goldberg as Nappa would not be all that bad although no one, I repeat NO ONE should be allowed to play Vegeta except Christopher Sabat.

I don't care if the character has to be computer generated, Sabat must do Vegeta's voice

The Goldberg thing is a really old rumour. I seriously hope they just abandon the franchise and let someone else at least have a decent crack at it. I could write a better film than Evolution.

You know, I've collected all the recently remastered sets, I have all of dragonball through to z and into GT. Have all the movies as well Then was annoyed to find out that they then released these so called "dragonbox sets" For so called hardcore fans and I was just wondering..what major differences is there from the dragonbox sets from the remastered ones? Anybody own some of them?

Played this for like 2 hours last night, pretty much destroyed every character on max CPU level with piccolo, he's a monster if you can use him right

DBZ revolves around Goku and most notably the story revolves around the Saiyans if anything, its the story of the struggles between good and evil. Gohan is not the main character, hes one of the main characters but not THEE main character.

Now somebody answer my question damn it!

The main story that permeates the entirety of DBZ right up to the appearance of Kid Buu is the rise of Gohan.

You could also say that the story of DB is the Rise of the Saiyans

Барбоса;2920562 said:
The main story that permeates the entirety of DBZ right up to the appearance of Kid Buu is the rise of Gohan.

I can see what you're saying, however, I just don't get it. I agree with Lenguy. DBZ is more about the Saiyans then it is about one particular character. Each Saiyan of the series had their spot in the lime light. While only Gohan and Goku defeated the major villians(unless you give credit for Frieza to Trunks), the other Saiyans helped out a hell of a lot.

I would agree that the extension of the original story beyond the Cell Games with the Buu sagas shifts the focus back to Goku but I feel that the main point behind the DBZ manga was the shift of the story from Goku to Gohan.

I'd still like to see it properly argued that DBZ is the story of Vegeta.

1225419942637_f.jpg

From Villainous Slave to Reluctant Hero: The Story of a Dark Prince

Барбоса;2922729 said:
I would agree that the extension of the original story beyond the Cell Games with the Buu sagas shifts the focus back to Goku but I feel that the main point behind the DBZ manga was the shift of the story from Goku to Gohan.

Now you can say that one particular saga is about one particular character, however, if you want to talk about the entire DBZ series(not DB or DBGT), I don't think that there is one main character. All of the characters(except the humans e.g. Krillin, Tein, Yamcha, and Chiatzu) continue to advance and grow. Vegeta goes from evil super villian to the not so sure hero. Gohan goes from frightened little boy, to the first ever Super Saiyan 2, and then to the confident and sure of himself Ultimate Gohan. Future Trunks goes from not being able to defeat the Androids of his time, to Ultra Super Saiyan(SSJ 1.5), and then to finally ridding the future of the Androids and Cell. Piccolo is the only non Saiyan that could keep up with the Saiyans. And of course, Goku advances the most out of anyone. I don't think that I have to list his growth.

Барбоса;2922729 said:
I'd still like to see it properly argued that DBZ is the story of Vegeta.

That would be damn hard to do, but I think that an argument could be made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back