[Official] Dragon Ball Z Thread

I see. Yea, the typical DBZ game is like that. Although, I distinctly remember Budokai wasn't the same as the others. It had great video sequences right after you played said match.

Stinger, GBC limits three colors to a sprite, the biggest offense in that game being that 16 has a green mohawk (Which actually looks even MORE boss)

I'm a monster in Supersonic Warriors with Cell

There's not really a story mode in Raging Blast 2. It's more a campaign of sorts. You have to fight a bunch of battles which have varying degrees of difficulty and some added stipulations.

Sorry, I'm used to typing is )V(ajin because of this DBZ game i used to play online; you haad to type someone's full name to IT (Intstant Transmission) to someone, and that's how they typecasted Majin

Before you ask, it's long since dead, and I doubt I can find the host files to put a server up

wow this looks like the most incredible thread ever, Dragon Ball Z was the Shit for asignificant stretch of my childhood

I think that's one of the few gems of GT, along with the ending, 18's reaction to Krillin's death and Nappa's second death.

What did you want to debate about Awesome?

I fully believe that I may be the only one this forum that likes GT.

I didn't love it but then again I didn't hate it. They sure could of expanded on some aspects of it, but I never truly understood of the hate for GT. It wasent great but it was alright so I thought.

Some of GT - the Baby Saga, the last three Evil Dragons - is pretty good but more of it is just horrendous - the Blackstar Dragonballs, Kid Goku, Super 17, HELL, the first four Evil Dragons, the relegation of basically the entire cast at the expense of more Goku screen time and in particular Pan

The only thing that I really enjoyed about Gt is that it gave the Dragonball series a proper ending and not some instance in which Goku is making a little boy scream in the sky.

Also, Funkay: :shrug: I don't know. It has to be something where we disagree mildly to strongly on because if we just debate for the fuck of it, it's not as engaging.

I remember seeing a fan made story for DBGT called "I am KAKAROT!" and thinking that there was a potentially epic saga to be made out of it - Vegeta vs Goku III with the Saiyan Prince needing to win to save Earth from an evil Goku

The only thing that I really enjoyed about Gt is that it gave the Dragonball series a proper ending and not some instance in which Goku is making a little boy scream in the sky.

Also, Funkay: :shrug: I don't know. It has to be something where we disagree mildly to strongly on because if we just debate for the fuck of it, it's not as engaging.

We could perhaps debate best character? Best saga?

If anybody wants to go in depth about GT, I posted some points on GT in the non DBZ spam thread on why some people improperly criticize the series. I've tried to elaborate on some points people have made falsely accusing the series. Come join the discuss.

We could perhaps debate best character? Best saga?

Sounds good so long as we don't have the same opinion on the matter.

In my opinion, the best character in DBZ is Goku. Though, I can see a very strong case for Vegeta as well... What about you?

As for best saga, my favorite is the Cell Games, but I think the Frieza Saga was the most bestest. Hmmm, if we argue sagas would you rather we do it by the different sections of DBZ? As in, you either argue the Buu sagas were better - the Cell Sagas were better - or the Frieza Sagas were better. Because really, the sagas that lead up to the Frieza saga, Cell Games Saga, and Kid Buu Saga are but a mere sequence of events leading up to the climax of said story.

:shrug: I don't know... What do you think?

For me it's always broke down into the Freeza Sagas (Saiyan-Freeza), the Android Sagas (Trunks-Cell Games) and the Buu Sagas (Great Saiyaman-Kid Buu). Personally my favourite and the one I thinks’ the best is the Cell Saga.

The saga that got me hooked on watching DBZ was the Saiyan Saga and particularly the fight between Goku and Vegeta (the Dark Prince won damnit!!)

The sagas that made me a real fan were the Imperfect/Perfect/Cell Games. I remember watching it's UK television premiere on Toonami and they made a massive fucking deal about the arrival of Cell - Piccolo vs #17; Tien's Neo Tri-Beam last stand; Vegeta scaring the shit out of Perfect Cell and then blowing him in half; Goku's Instant Transmission Kamehameha and then Vegeta's interference in the Kamehameha Power Struggle before Cell's last desperate scream of "I'M PERFECT!!" Imagine seeing all of that for the first time without having the slightest idea of where it was all going...

However, while the Cell Sagas are undoubtedly the best and contains most of my favourite bits, it is the Majin Buu sagas that make me come back to watch over and over again. Every form of Buu was great, we got Vegeta beating Goku (again!), Gotenks, SSJ3, Human Extinction Attack, Super Ghost Kamikaze Attack, Vegito; it was just so out there and fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back