[Official] Dragon Ball Z Thread

I always thought Baby should have taken over Goku and let Vegita save the world by defeating Goku...that'd have been epic. Of course, Goku HAD to go SSJ4.

For me it's always broke down into the Freeza Sagas (Saiyan-Freeza), the Android Sagas (Trunks-Cell Games) and the Buu Sagas (Great Saiyaman-Kid Buu). Personally my favourite and the one I thinks’ the best is the Cell Saga.

Yea, makes sense. Let me ask you a question (and this could probably determine what we can debate on): Do you think it would have been better for DBZ to end with the Cell Games Saga? Or do you think it should have continued all the way up 'til when it did end - the Kid Buu Saga? Barbosa's post made me think of this question.

Apparently Saiyan is its own saga, I think it has to do with show breaks

If this is true, I'd retract my statement on claiming that the Frieza Sagas are the most bestest.

I always thought Baby should have taken over Goku and let Vegita save the world by defeating Goku...that'd have been epic. Of course, Goku HAD to go SSJ4.

Baby Goku? Lol. That'd have been interesting to see.

I know it'll probably never happen, but with the rising popularity of the show, they should continue the Dragonball series. Make it as good as Dragonball Z was -- maybe even longer. Here are a list of events and sagas that popped into my head...

Raditz's Return & Super Saiyan Transformation
Master Roshi's Death
Female Super Saiyans
Bardock Wished Alive & Reuniting With Goku
New Villains
Trouble On The Planet Of The Kai's.
New Super Saiyan Transformations -- Return Of Golden Hair
Returning Villains
Goku Turning Evil & Becoming The Biggest Threat Ever

Do you think it would have been better for DBZ to end with the Cell Games Saga? Or do you think it should have continued all the way up 'til when it did end - the Kid Buu Saga?

Yes. Don't get me wrong, the Buu sagas are great, but the Cell Games was the perfect place to end DBZ. Each character was left with a sense of closure. Hell Goku was dead and Gohan inherited his role as protector of earth, defeating the 'Perfect' nemesis.

I know it'll probably never happen, but with the rising popularity of the show, they should continue the Dragonball series.

I don't think so. I think it needed to end and when it ended it was appropriate. GT is the perfect example of why they don't need to continue the show.

That would of been awesome. Since his hairs so long in the first place most people would think of him as a SSJ3. What about nappa :lmao: The golden mustache

Master Roshi's Death

It does seem like hes been alive forever dosent it? Isn't his back story was that he drank from the fountain of youth or something?

Female Super Saiyans

Pan? Maybe but people often debate that after so much generations the Saiyan blood would be to deluded to perform the Super Saiyan transformation. In fact Akira Toriyama pointed this out in an interview once saying that originally at the very end of GT that for Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr to become S.S was impossible since their blood line had become to deluded and saturated for them to transform without at least a quarter Saiyan blood.

That would be something, maybe bring back King Vegeta as well?

New Villains

Always got to be new Villains

Buu? We'll kind of as he posed a threat to everybody no matter where they were.

Dragonball AF!! lol Originally SSJ3 was suppose to be the limit of the Super Saiyan transformations but the people of GT saw otherwise. In fact a lot of people don't even consider Super Saiyan 4 to be a real S.S form.

Returning Villains

I always thought they could of done more with Janemba as I always thought he was just badass. I often think Broly could of been a mini saga, why not? they did spread it out over 3 movies? Or maybe S.S 4 Broly? That would of been epic.

OMG WHAT A TWIST! :lol: Babidi awakens the evil in gokus heart!( Goku becomes super greedy and doesn't share his food with anybody!) Oh the possibilities.

Yes. Don't get me wrong, the Buu sagas are great, but the Cell Games was the perfect place to end DBZ. Each character was left with a sense of closure. Hell Goku was dead and Gohan inherited his role as protector of earth, defeating the 'Perfect' nemesis.

We have a good disagreement then. I always believed that the Buu Sagas did more for DBZ then fans give it credit for. Cell Games may have been a good way to end DBZ, but adding in the Buu's did more for the series in terms of the popularity that DBZ was able to garner over the years.

I know it'll probably never happen, but with the rising popularity of the show, they should continue the Dragonball series. Make it as good as Dragonball Z was -- maybe even longer. Here are a list of events and sagas that popped into my head...

Master Roshi's Death
Female Super Saiyans
New Villains
Returning Villains

I always woished that DBZ were to have continued itself and not have ended. hell, I remember thinking that it would have been great if they just continued to make feature films every year. After Herudigan, there'd be another and so forth. I would have personally loved to see that.

We have a good disagreement then. I always believed that the Buu Sagas did more for DBZ then fans give it credit for. Cell Games may have been a good way to end DBZ, but adding in the Buu's did more for the series in terms of the popularity that DBZ was able to garner over the years.

Then go ahead and post an OP in the non-spam thread and I'll see you there.

Response is up. How do we decide a winner when it's over?

Not gonna lie. Coming up with a response to you was fucking hard. Shit, man. You're one hell of a debater.

Also, the winner, :shrug: that's a good question. I haven't a clue. Maybe if someone were to act as judge for the debate. Only thing, who'd be willing to read all that?...

Nothin', just...DBZ.

Let me ask you somethin, Charlie: Do you think that DBZ would have been better off ending with the Cell Sagas or do you think that the ending was better when it did happen - the Kid Buu Saga?

Jus' Curious.

I wanted Buu to end with Gohan being the big damn hero, but i still say the best ending was Frieza

...I don't know, I liked Cell's ending better, plus Piccolo was still relevant; I'm glad it ran all 4 sagas though

Funkay and Awesome. Lol again I apologize for interfering in your debate. I get caught in such a DBZ nerd rage when ever there's a debate about the series going on.

Sorry for having my closing up so late, I've been busy with life right now.

Really enjoyed this debate; thanks for everything, man.

ZGif-Byepika.gif

Oh, and I think Mr. Awesome won the debate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back