[Official] Dragon Ball Z Thread

Garlic JR was one of the coolest villains, he was the only one to actually gain immortality and could only be beaten by himself. Though I did find the way he was beaten in the Filler Saga poorly done, simply because hes stupid to once again open up the portal when he was sent into it before. He should have simply beaten them all to death. I also wonder if they didnt have Goku there because it would have been too unbelievable for him to be beaten by Garlic Junior, even if he was immortal.

Of course its probably due to him still being in space and not wanting to break canon or not wanting either to lose momentum. Either way cool story.

Garlic JR was one of the coolest villains, he was the only one to actually gain immortality and could only be beaten by himself. Though I did find the way he was beaten in the Filler Saga poorly done, simply because hes stupid to once again open up the portal when he was sent into it before. He should have simply beaten them all to death. I also wonder if they didnt have Goku there because it would have been too unbelievable for him to be beaten by Garlic Junior, even if he was immortal.

Of course its probably due to him still being in space and not wanting to break canon or not wanting either to lose momentum. Either way cool story.

Wrong... King Piccolo also gained immortality through eternal youth. Majin Buu and Cell were both "born" immortal.

Wrong... King Piccolo also gained immortality through eternal youth. Majin Buu and Cell were both "born" immortal.

You clearly dont know what immortality is. First off Cell was never stated to be immortal and Buu wasnt either, If they are immortal in DBZ they cant die, period. Goku killed King Piccolo, Majin Buu and Cell were killed, none of them were immortal. Furthermore even though it is non canon it showed that via his immortality Garlic Junior was able to regenerate from fatal blows pretty much right away, and wasnt killable by them.

Immortal in DB means YOU CANT DIE.

You clearly dont know what immortality is. First off Cell was never stated to be immortal and Buu wasnt either, If they are immortal in DBZ they cant die, period. Goku killed King Piccolo, Majin Buu and Cell were killed, none of them were immortal. Furthermore even though it is non canon it showed that via his immortality Garlic Junior was able to regenerate from fatal blows pretty much right away, and wasnt killable by them.

Immortal in DB means YOU CANT DIE.

Er... Immortality as defined means immunity from the grip of death... or immunity from the effects of time and old age. Being immortal does not make some invincible...

If immortality= invincibility, then vampires would never die...

Cell's immortality was stated by his own merit, and both Buu and Bobidi had been alive for millions of years prior to the main storyline as stated by the Supreme Kai.

And Garlic Junior's powers were maxed by the power of the Makyo Star... without it, he was pretty much nothing

I would not say Buu, Cell or Babidi were immortal per se. I would say that they were ageless in that they would never die of old age but could be killed.

King Piccolo asked for the restoration of his youth not immortality and therefore could be killed.

Garlic Jnr was immortal and therefore could not die no matter what anybody did to him or through old age

It all depends on your interpretation of 'immortality' but what doesn't help is that different shows use different interpretations.

I personally would interpret immortality to suggest that you cannot be killed by anything ever.

In both the comics and the Justice League cartoons, Vandal Savage is listed as being immortal because he cannot be killed by anything. He himself refers to himself as being 'immortal'. Even non-lethal wounds heel within seconds.

However, during one of the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoons back in the early 90's, i can remember there being a story where Dr. Robotnik started collecting the Chaos Emeralds, and in the cartoon, there were only 4. 1 of them was 'Immortality' and there was another, separate Emerald that granted him 'Invulnerability' or made him 'Indestructible', and i remember at the time thinking 'why does he need that one if he's got the other one?'

But if we're talking just DBZ, i would say that Garlick Jr was immortal yet the others listed were simply ageless, except for King Piccolo who wished for his youth back.

Барбоса;2452387 said:
I would not say Buu, Cell or Babidi were immortal per se. I would say that they were ageless in that they would never die of old age but could be killed.

You pretty much just described my definition of immortality

Барбоса;2453335 said:
To me, immortality means that you can never ever be killed.

Cell, Babidi and Buu were killed and were therefore not immortal

Were they even immortal to begin with? Last I recall, they only major DBZ villain who at least tried to wish immortality was Frieza.

Were they even immortal to begin with? Last I recall, they only major DBZ villain who at least tried to wish immortality was Frieza.

That was everyone in dragon ball's big shtick. Pilaf wanted it, most of the Red Ribbon Army wanted it, King Piccolo wanted Eternal Youth (which is a similar thing but not the same) and Garlic Jr successfully wished for it in the Dead Zone

Барбоса;2453335 said:
To me, immortality means that you can never ever be killed.

Cell, Babidi and Buu were killed and were therefore not immortal

If your definition were true, then vampires would essentially be invincible...

To me, immortality simply means ageless...

That's the context I refer to an immortal in DBZ; if you want to say Garlic Jr was invincible, that's fine by me...

That's the context I refer to an immortal in DBZ; if you want to say Garlic Jr was invincible, that's fine by me...

Master Roshi is immortal. He's a pervert aswell, but lets not go into that.

An official thread on Dragon Ball Z? I'm loving it....

When I was a kid, Pokemon and DBZ were the best reasons of being a teen. Now that I'm 21, I'm still catching up with DBZ. It's been a big part of my childhood. Here's my list on my favorite things of DBZ.

Favorite Character: Vegeta
Favorite Saga: Saiyan Saga
Favorite Moment: Vegeta's sacrifice in Buu Saga
Favorite DBZ Movie: Cooler's Revenge
Favorite Rivalry: Goku Vs. Vegeta
Favorite Attack: Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon

I've still been playing DBZ: Raging Blast lately, and I have just finished the main parts in the Freiza saga.

However, I have some questions:

When do Yamcha and Recoome fight on King Kai's Planet?
When do Tien and Burter/Jeice fight on King Kai's Planet?
When do Chaiotzu and Guldo fight?
When does Piccolo fight himself during the Sayian Saga?

Sometime during SSJ Goku's fight with 100% Freiza; King Kai summon's the already dead Ginyu force to his planet, where they are promptly defeated by the Z Fighters

Either the episode before or during Gohan's first oozaru transformation

...and the music used is "Vegeta fights Frieza" if you're watching the funimation dub

However, I have some questions:

I'll answer them for you :)

While Goku fights against Frieza on Namek. King Kai decides to bring the Ginyu Force to his planet to 'test' Yamcha's, Tien's, and Chiaotzu's growth in strength. Around episodes 93-95 [UNCUT version (Season 3)]

This was an 'interesting' video I found...I don't know what to think of it...

[YOUTUBE]Y9bJbsz72So[/YOUTUBE]

While training Gohan out in the wilderness....Gohna falls asleep as Piccolo decides to train. Episode 15 [Uncut version (season 1)]

BAM! I know my DBZ...

Vampires certainly are not immortal as they die for all sorts of reasons including malnourishment.

As for DB, aside from perhaps King Yemma, the only true immortal was Garlic Jnr as he could not die

Of course the sheer number of reincarnations would suggest that virtually no one dies in DB

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back