[Official] Dragon Ball Z Thread

I still hold the opinion that Goku/ King Piccolo was the best fight in the series...

Goku/ Tien Shinhan would be my second choice...

I dont really know what my favorite was, I think Ive said it before but my thought process tends to change. I think it might be Gohan Vs Cell, simply because it was one of the most important. Then theres Goku VS Buu, as it was supposed to be the most important and significant fight in the series, as it was the final fight; it also has some awesome moments.

I cant say for sure, I go by significance and sheer awesomeness.

I dont really know what my favorite was, I think Ive said it before but my thought process tends to change. I think it might be Gohan Vs Cell, simply because it was one of the most important. Then theres Goku VS Buu, as it was supposed to be the most important and significant fight in the series, as it was the final fight; it also has some awesome moments.

I cant say for sure, I go by significance and sheer awesomeness.

In that case, the Goku/ King Piccolo fight was definately the most significant, as the entire history of Z would have been affected by the outcome of that fight.

In that case, the Goku/ King Piccolo fight was definately the most significant, as the entire history of Z would have been affected by the outcome of that fight.

I wouldnt say the most significant. And besides you can say that about every fight after as well be it Frieza, Cell, or Buu. The exception being the stakes were higher in the last three. Frieza would have gained immortality and blown up Earth, Cell would take over or destroy the universe, and Buu would most certainly have destroyed the universe and the Other World as well.

If Goku had lost to King Piccolo:

Raditz might not have learned of the Dragonballs. Thus Vegeta and Frieza would not have learned of them as well.

Cell might not have been created, or in the very least would not have been nearly as powerful, as Gero's research would have been cut short and rendered irrelevant with the loss of Goku.

Babidi might never have been drawn to Earth's warriors in search of the power released by the Super Saiyans.

I wouldnt say the most significant. And besides you can say that about every fight after as well be it Frieza, Cell, or Buu. The exception being the stakes were higher in the last three. Frieza would have gained immortality and blown up Earth, Cell would take over or destroy the universe, and Buu would most certainly have destroyed the universe and the Other World as well.

And the stakes weren't high in the King Piccolo saga? He gained immortality through eternal youth, and was threating to blow up whole cities (one he actually did.)

The outcome of that fight, had it gone the other way, would have totally changed the history of Z... think about it... no Gohan, no Cell, Piccolo rules the world until the saiyans arrive, and Earth is placed under Frieza's control until Buu is revived and kills everyone...

That's pretty much how Z would have gone down...

DirtyJosé;2447325 said:
If Goku had lost to King Piccolo:

Raditz might not have learned of the Dragonballs. Thus Vegeta and Frieza would not have learned of them as well.

Cell might not have been created, or in the very least would not have been nearly as powerful, as Gero's research would have been cut short and rendered irrelevant with the loss of Goku.

Babidi might never have been drawn to Earth's warriors in search of the power released by the Super Saiyans.

Frieza would have gotten the Earth anyway; Raditz was on his way to Earth to retrieve Goku because the Earth had been a previous target of theirs.

The Supreme Kai mentioned that Bibidi had sent Buu's ball to Earth because he had intended that part of the galaxy to be Buu's next target.

The Supreme Kai had overlooked the area because the natives of that part of the universe were all incredibly weak.

And the stakes weren't high in the King Piccolo saga? He gained immortality through eternal youth, and was threating to blow up whole cities (one he actually did.)

They were most certainly high, however the stakes were higher in the other fights, at least as the universe was concerned.

The outcome of that fight, had it gone the other way, would have totally changed the history of Z... think about it... no Gohan, no Cell, Piccolo rules the world until the saiyans arrive, and Earth is placed under Frieza's control until Buu is revived and kills everyone...

That's pretty much how Z would have gone down...

Yes, but just the same every other big fight would have worked the same. Vegeta would have killed Goku and blown up the planet killing everyone. Frieza would have killed everyone on Namek and then blown up the Earth and used the new Dragonballs to gain immortality, or simply blow it up, and Buu would have ended existence.

They all more or less hold equal sway on the future of the universe, however the Piccolo one does in fact draw on the existence of the future story. Thus it could in fact be more important.

In my opinion I find the others more epic.

Frieza would have gotten the Earth anyway; Raditz was on his way to Earth to retrieve Goku because the Earth had been a previous target of theirs.

But a dead Goku doesn't have friends to reveal to Raditz the existence of the Dragonballs. And I did say "might".

The Supreme Kai mentioned that Bibidi had sent Buu's ball to Earth because he had intended that part of the galaxy to be Buu's next target.

I see. Still, didn't Buu need massive amounts of energy to be free of his ball prison?

The Supreme Kai had overlooked the area because the natives of that part of the universe were all incredibly weak.

You callin' Yajirobe weak?

They were most certainly high, however the stakes were higher in the other fights, at least as the universe was concerned.

Yes, but just the same every other big fight would have worked the same. Vegeta would have killed Goku and blown up the planet killing everyone. Frieza would have killed everyone on Namek and then blown up the Earth and used the new Dragonballs to gain immortality, or simply blow it up, and Buu would have ended existence.

They all more or less hold equal sway on the future of the universe, however the Piccolo one does in fact draw on the existence of the future story. Thus it could in fact be more important.

In my opinion I find the others more epic.

All true... however; Goku/ King Piccolo was the first significant fight in the series with everything on the line. And because it predates all the other significant fights in Z, that automatically makes it the most important fight in the series because the history of Z would have been drastically different had Piccolo killed Goku.

That's my point...

All true... however; Goku/ King Piccolo was the first significant fight in the series with everything on the line. And because it predates all the other significant fights in Z, that automatically makes it the most important fight in the series because the history of Z would have been drastically different had Piccolo killed Goku.

That's my point...

My intention was to agree with you, but say on a universal scale there were higher ones and I found others cooler.

Also for the "Buu needed massive energy" idea. Babbidi could have simply used his own minions for it, such as Debora.

My intention was to agree with you, but say on a universal scale there were higher ones and I found others cooler.

Also for the "Buu needed massive energy" idea. Babbidi could have simply used his own minions for it, such as Debora.

I have no problem with that, as I throughly enjoyed the Buu saga as well; in fact, I plan on writing some fanfiction with Majin Buu as the lead character.

I have no problem with that, as I throughly enjoyed the Buu saga as well; in fact, I plan on writing some fanfiction with Majin Buu as the lead character.

have you ever gone on the Online Universe? I think its called Dragonball online or something like that. It takes place in the future and Toriama is very involved in it. Buu spawned his own race of beings apparently.

have you ever gone on the Online Universe? I think its called Dragonball online or something like that. It takes place in the future and Toriama is very involved in it. Buu spawned his own race of beings apparently.

That's exactly what I'm basing the plot of my story off of, except with some minor changes

I was never fond of the Buu arc's. They just blew the story out of proportion. I always saw the Gohan/Cell fight as the tip of the series as the backstory had been laid out so well for it.

Who likes short shorts? Buu likes short shorts!

goodbuufatbuu.jpg

[QUOTE="iMPACT! Player" Riaku;2447526]I was never fond of the Buu arc's. They just blew the story out of proportion. I always saw the Gohan/Cell fight as the tip of the series as the backstory had been laid out so well for it.[/QUOTE]

THIS ^^^

Today's Moment of the Day - Cell Becomes Perfect
[YOUTUBE]A0GzZON3MUM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]​

[QUOTE="iMPACT! Player" Riaku;2447526]I always saw the Gohan/Cell fight as the tip of the series as the backstory had been laid out so well for it.[/QUOTE]

I would agree with this had Cell's search for perfection been played up as the threat to the universe that it really was, especially after he learned Instant Transmission. Had Cell been victorious he could have gained access to time travel technology again and become a threat to the space-time continuum.

Buu was had no such goal aside from destruction

I'm sorry... I just had to post these

[youtube]SRDhYtjI6yc&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]QLITW5iLDy0&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]GYK8crveHhc[/youtube]

Do they show any new episodes of DBZ Kai anymore? They used to show new episodes every day on Nicktoons Network, but not anymore. DBZ Kai seems like the violence has been toned down alot, but that could just be the network editing.

Do they show any new episodes of DBZ Kai anymore? They used to show new episodes every day on Nicktoons Network, but not anymore. DBZ Kai seems like the violence has been toned down alot, but that could just be the network editing.

They've cut allot of it out; I'm sure the epsiode where Videl gets the shit kicked out of her will be cut entirely

No, they had it every day then they made it every other day, they took the "traditional mid season" break for DBZ Kai once Frieza arrived. Itll be back next month I think.

Also the editing was done in Japan, not America. Japan has had strickter regulations put in place since the original airing of Z.

Ahh i see, thanks. Not really digging the toned down violence, but digging the way they cut out a bunch of unnecessary crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back