• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NFL Thread - 2009-10

How many games will the Lions win this year.

• Winless (0-16, again)

• 1-4wins

• 5-8 wins

• 9-11 wins

• 12-15 wins

• Undefeated (16-0)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Tony Romo has been struggling a lot so far.

9 TDs to 10 interception. I guess he isn't a 'way better' QB without T.O. (Not that I think with T.O Romo would have better numbers). Romo is just too inconsistent & doesn't have that clutch factor other elite QBs share. I don't care what WR is on the team.

Actually it's 4 TDs to 4 INTs, but still, he hasn't looked good at all, especially against the Giants, the only really good teams he's played thus far. I don't think he's necessarily missing TO, but he definetly doesn't have much talent around him. Besides Witten, there really isn't much else. The RBs have been banged up and they are seriously lacking a #1 receiver, Roy Williams definetly isn't that guy.

I have always thought pretty highly of Romo, but he better turn it around soon, or things could get really ugly in Big D.

Man, fuck the NFL. This season is the hardest to ever watch if you're a fan of the St. Louis Rams. I have no idea if anyone else hear is a Rams fan whatsoever but i just want someone to cry with me about this team. It hurts more and more to watch every game. Our franchise is on par with the Browns in the race to an 0 and 16 year. We got a new coach, new attitude, new players, but we are still the same Rams. People can say that we're rebuilding, and that's true, but trust me, this is the same fucking Rams team of old. Good luck to all of you and your teams, and let me go jump out of a fucking window while my favorite teams plays like shit forever.

Man, fuck the NFL. This season is the hardest to ever watch if you're a fan of the St. Louis Rams. I have no idea if anyone else hear is a Rams fan whatsoever but i just want someone to cry with me about this team. It hurts more and more to watch every game. Our franchise is on par with the Browns in the race to an 0 and 16 year. We got a new coach, new attitude, new players, but we are still the same Rams. People can say that we're rebuilding, and that's true, but trust me, this is the same fucking Rams team of old. Good luck to all of you and your teams, and let me go jump out of a fucking window while my favorite teams plays like shit forever.

Before you do that let me debate you on this. My Redskins are terrible. Yes everyone says you are rebuilding. The organization knows you are rebuilding. The 'Skins are not. They spent all that money on Haynsworth and Hall and we cam barely beat the sorry teams? That my friend is truly pathetic. We are not rebuilding yet we suck. That I believe is worse.

Trent Dilfer just ripped the call. He was basically saying everything I have here. The quarterbacks where shoulder pads too. Guys like Unitas, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, and Staubach all made their names because of their toughness, and they wore less padding then.

I stand by what I said. If you don't want to get hit, stay off the field, or move to Canada.

"The truth of the matter is ... somebody is going to die here in the NFL. It's going to happen.''
-- Cincinnati's Carson Palmer, in my quarterback roundtable discussion this week in Sports Illustrated.
I found that comment chilling, to say the least. The other quarterbacks at the table -- Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers -- didn't dispute Palmer's words, and when he said them, the table got very quiet. They know. They feel the same thing happening in this game, too. And the fact that this statement has gotten zero traction in the last four days tells me something that all of us should find frightening: People read that line and just said, Yup, someone's going to die. We accept that. Now bring on football, dammit!
I gathered the five quarterbacks after their Friday round of golf at the celebrity golf tournament at South Lake Tahoe in mid-July. [If you think that was easy, for my next trick I'm going to pull a rabbit out of this MacBook Air.] It was a loose group. The light beer flowed, and it was the kind of scene you wish could have lasted five hours, not one. And so occasionally, a Roethlisberger would grab his phone and text someone, or chat with Rodgers about something that happened out on the course, but when Palmer said what he said, the table got quiet and everyone listened.
My question was about the endless defensive grousing concerning the overprotection of quarterbacks by the NFL, and Palmer went on, stridently, for a couple of minutes. "I don't mind [the league's protection of passers],'' he said. "In fact, I love it.'' In SI's preview issue, we edited some of his comments for space reasons, but here's much of what he said:
"Guys are getting so big, so fast, so explosive,'' Palmer said. "The game's so violent. Now that they're cutting out the wedge deal on kickoff returns, those guys [are] coming free, and at some point somebody is going to die in football. And I hope it's not anyone at this table, and I hope it doesn't happen, obviously. Everyone talks about the good old days, when guys were tough and quarterbacks got crushed all the time, but back in the day, there weren't defensive ends that were Mario Williams -- 6-7, 300 pounds, 10 percent body fat, running a 4.7 40.
"The game has changed, the game is getting bigger, faster, stronger, and there needs to be more protection. If I weren't a quarterback, I would be mad about the rules. If I were a safety or a defensive back, I would be mad about the new rule that you can't hit your helmet above their shoulder pads or whatever it is because it does take some of the ferociousness out of the game, but somebody is going to get seriously hurt, possibly die.
"I don't think you can change it. It's the nature of the world. The ways that guys train now, the way that guys eat and take vitamins and take supplements and all these things, guys are getting more muscle mass, more explosiveness, faster. Like I said, I hope to God it doesn't happen. Since I've been in the league, I feel like the D-Ends that come into the league, they're freaks, they're freaks of nature, and I hope it doesn't happen, but the rules need to be adjusted a little bit because [the violence] is getting a little out of control.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/09/06/mmqb/3.html#ixzz0T6pMbGCT
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

That's how I feel on the matter. Someone is going to get seriously hurt, as if torn acl's, broken limbs, and paralysis aren't "serious injuries". Look, I'm from a town with a franchise quarterback that has had two seasons now ended by injury. Look at guys like Troy Aikman whose career ended earlier then it should have due to headshots. Look at Steve Young, the list goes on and on.

The defensive players in the league are so damn strong and fast, that you ahve to protect a guy that stands back there in the pocket. Is it frustrating as a defensive fan, yes, but you have to remain open about this, and protecting guys is more important then big hits.

I'm not calling for more big hits, or to allow major hits that can end careers. I'm complaining that they'll throw a flag on a play like that, where almost no contact was made, and no one was in danger.

Hits to the head need to be outlawed. I get this. They're dirty, dangerous, and don't do anyone any good. Below that though, there needs to be some leniency. On hits to the legs, the referees need to use some common sense. The hits that took out Palmer and Brady deserved flags. "Hits" like the one Sunday need to be let go.

Man...Im struggling to remain a Washington Deadskins Fan here, But what kind of fan would I be if I abandoned them? Campbell is no damn better than his rookie season, he's mistakes galore. We need a fresh start next season with a new Head Coach & QB. And Haynesworth aint worth no damn 100 mill, he's already limped off the damn field. Actually come to think about it maybe we need a new Owner not HC/QB, and a Owner who knows Football! Im pleased with Denver's D> The Cowgirls and the overrated Tony Rambo I mean Romo. I feel bad for Skins/Rams Fans.

Forget anything I said about anyone else.

Jared Allen is the MVP this weekend. The Packers came in with emotions riding high, and he has 3 sacks and either a forced fumble or a safety. The game still has about 10 minutes to go. He's just been dominant tonight. He is the reason that the Vikings are running away with the game. If he wasn't mauling Rodgers on every series, this game would either be tied or close to it.

EDIT: Make it 4.5. Game also isn't done, and Green Bay has to pass the rest of the way.

This is blind Brady hatred at it's best. He's the best quarterback in the league, and you guys need to get over that.

If it's winning that matters, he's been to four Super Bowls and won three of them. If it's stats you want, wake me up when someone else throws fifty TD passes in a year.

As far as the penalty goes, Suggs broke the rules, and a flag was thrown. Are you calling Brady a bitch for asking for it? Honestly, his job is to win games. If there's a penalty, he has every right to ask for it. Are wideouts bitches when they look for pass interference calls? Fuck no. The players know the rules as well as anyone. They have to. Asking for a call is an age old trick, and sometimes it even works. In this case it did. Get over it.

Reactions: X
Man...Im struggling to remain a Washington Deadskins Fan here, But what kind of fan would I be if I abandoned them? Campbell is no damn better than his rookie season, he's mistakes galore. We need a fresh start next season with a new Head Coach & QB. And Haynesworth aint worth no damn 100 mill, he's already limped off the damn field. Actually come to think about it maybe we need a new Owner not HC/QB, and a Owner who knows Football! Im pleased with Denver's D> The Cowgirls and the overrated Tony Rambo I mean Romo. I feel bad for Skins/Rams Fans.

Yes it is dificult to say the least. I don't see Snyder ever giving up the team. What he should do is hire either a great coach like Bill Cower who knows what he's doing. Or an executive to make decisions, the way the Dolphins hired Parcells. He needs someone to tell him when certain moves are just not going to work.

Yes it is dificult to say the least. I don't see Snyder ever giving up the team. What he should do is hire either a great coach like Bill Cower who knows what he's doing. Or an executive to make decisions, the way the Dolphins hired Parcells. He needs someone to tell him when certain moves are just not going to work.

Are you two fans of the Redskins? And, are either of you from the DC area? If not, then I am a little shocked. I was under the impression that no one outside of DC/MD/VA liked the Redskins. Nonetheless, it's good to know that there are some forum members that share my pain; no matter how bad the 'Skins treat me, I just can't seem to quit them.

tdiglÉric Rohmer;1423194 said:
Are you two fans of the Redskins? And, are either of you from the DC area? If not, then I am a little shocked. I was under the impression that no one outside of DC/MD/VA liked the Redskins. Nonetheless, it's good to know that there are some forum members that share my pain; no matter how bad the 'Skins treat me, I just can't seem to quit them.

Yes I am a diehard Redskins fan and no I'm not from the DC area. My dad is a huge Redskins fan and so I watched them growing up. And you never question why you do when your young. By the time I was old enough to truly realize the oddness of being a Redskin fan in the Bay Area it was too late. I was attached. Its painful watching them. I'm thinking of making a support group for us Skins fans. But seriously a lot of things need to change. But as you know, the love is too strong!

I will go the homer route and choose Mendenhall. Parker was out this week, and he was forced to step in after 0 carries last week and only 100 yards for his whole career. I understand that San Diego is banged up and their defense isn't the greatest, but the Steelers have had absolutely no running game this season, none at all. It has all been on Big Ben's shoulder.

Rashad came out strong from the strat and once the running game got going, San Diego had no chance. Once they tried to stack up against the run, the play action started to work, and before you know it, it's 28-0 and the game is virtually over. SD did muster a slight comeback, but Mendenhall put that away with some big runs in the 4th.

He stepped up from being a role player to the best player on the field in what was a must win game for the Steelers.

Honorable mentions to to Favre (played great), Peyton (he's been doing it every week), and Sharper, for coming up with a huge play.

ESPN said:
After months of holding out, wide receiver Michael Crabtree has agreed to a contract with the San Francisco 49ers, league sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Crabtree will get a six-year deal that he can void to five years if he meets undefined performance clauses, a league source told ESPN's Michael Smith.

The 22-year-old Crabtree is expected to report to the team's training facility Wednesday.

Crabtree and agent Eugene Parker met into the early-morning hours Wednesday with 49ers owner Jed York, general manager Scot McCloughan and Paraag Marathe, vice president of football operations. The two sides had gone almost three weeks without talking.

San Francisco selected Crabtree with the 10th pick in this year's draft and could use the wideout's game-breaking ability in the passing game. That said, he has a lot of catching up to do to learn the offense after missing all of training camp.

He also sat out the 49ers' offseason minicamps and organized team activities while recovering from a foot injury, but was a regular presence for rehabilitation and strengthening workouts at the team's training facility.

Coach Mike Singletary, whose 49ers lead the NFC West and at 3-1 are off to their best start since 2002, said Monday he would welcome Crabtree whenever he joins the team.

Crabtree caught 97 passes for 1,165 yards and 19 touchdowns last year during his sophomore season at Texas Tech. He finished his college career with 231 receptions for 3,127 yards and 41 TDs.

I was going to make a new thread, but screw it. All I have to say is it is about damn time. I don't care how good of a receiver he was in college, he hasn't done anything in the pros to garner any bigger pay than what the 10 pick got last year. He wants to make veteran type money, hell probably more than some of the veterans. He is also lucky to have gotten this deal now, because had he gone to be re-drafted, I don't think he would even be the #10 pick next year. Whoever says rookie salary cap, I wholeheartedly agree, because it is bullshit for rookies to be making more money than proven veterans.

A big trade has taken place between the Jets and the Browns. Cleveland sent Braylon Edwards to the Jets for Chansi Stuckey and a couple of draft picks. This is a good trade for both teams. Edwards is a free agent after this season and he wasn't going to resign in Cleveland so they needed to get something for him. The Jets needed a number one receiver and Braylon will fit in nicely. His production the last two years has not been great, but a lot of that is attributed to Cleveland being horrible and not having anyone to throw him the ball. I think this makes the Jets even better then they already were and they should be able to compete for at the very least a wild card spot in the playoffs.

That's a dumb trade on NY's part in my opinion. They gave away the future for Sanchez and they just gave away more picks. Edwards can be good. But someone like him is draftable in my opinion. O well time will only tell how big this trade is.

He was not going anywhere in Cleveland and a change of scenery could be huge. But now he has off the field struggles and the dropsies...

That's a dumb trade on NY's part in my opinion. They gave away the future for Sanchez and they just gave away more picks. Edwards can be good. But someone like him is draftable in my opinion. O well time will only tell how big this trade is.

He was not going anywhere in Cleveland and a change of scenery could be huge. But now he has off the field struggles and the dropsies...

The trade was Edwards to he Jets for Chansi Stuckey (a third receiver at best, who was proven to be outmatched as a #2), Jason Trusnik (a special teams ace, but the key word is SPECIAL TEAMS), a 5 and a 3 (that can move to a 2 if Edwards reaches lofty performance milestones). I would gladly give up a 3 and a 5 for a #1 receiver, and now he has a QB that doesn't suck major balls like Brady Quinn (Derek Anderson doesn't suck MAJOR balls, he just sucks). Brady was the 2008 starter, when Edwards played poorly, so maybe Edwards 2008 could be partially attributed to Brady Quinn not being an NFL caliber QB (which pains me to say as a Notre Dame fan).

The Jets (who are 3-1 right now) are more then likely to get a higher draft pick prior to this trade (somewhere between 17 and 24 probably). Go and find me a #1 receiver in year 1 with that pick. Go ahead, I'll wait................................................................ Oh yeah, he doesn't exist. He definitely doesn't exist if you want him to help the 2009 team.

Edwards 2007 stats: 80 receptions, 1,289 yards and 16 touchdowns. Thats pretty damn good, and if he can even get CLOSE to that, this is a huge pickup for the Jets.

Some quotes about the trade (with links below them):
ESPN NFL Insider Adam Shefter said:
The 3rd-round pick the Jets gave up to Cleveland could turn into second-round pick if Edwards catches a certain number of passes this yr.....But it's said to be a high number and unlikely to be attained. So more than likely, it's the 3 and 5 to go along with Stuckey and Trusnik.
Adam Shefters official Twitter page, where he broke the trade

New York Jets (via the official twitter page) said:
Mike T {Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum} on Braylon Edwards' off-field situation: "We did our due diligence and we're comfortable in adding him to the team."
New York Jets official twitter page

Adam Shefter again said:
One year left on his deal. He'll be a restricted free agent if it's uncapped year. RT @pstradio: what is Braylons current contract?
Adam Shefter's twitter page again

The key to the third quote is RESTRICTED free agent. If that's the case, then we could potentially get picks back if he goes elsewhere.

All in all, this is a happy day for Jets fans, we how have a complete team, that could potentially go far this year.

Good trades for the Jets. They receiver core looks pretty solid now with Cotchery and Edwards, who is super talented. I think he just needed a change in scenery. He'll be much happier on a winning team and will really help Sanchez out. If he can handle the media pressure in NY, he'll be great.

I guess this means Clevland really likes Masaqui(?), the receiver outta Georgia, he had about 150 yards last week. They are clearly in the rebuilding stage and likely wouldn't have kept Edwards, so this is a great move on their part.

Oh man! If Braylon ends up re-signing with the Jets this off season, expect more years and years of his headaches. Edwards loves the attention. He is a huge headline grabber in both his inconsistent play and off-field issues.

OTHERWISE, he's a great acquisition for the Jets. Braylon's play making abilities should help the offense.

Looking at the Saints-Jets game, the Saints completely shut down the run game and pretty much asked rookie QB Sanchez to beat them by himself. That obviously means the Saints didn't give a living shit about the wide receivers. Braylon Edwards helps this flaw in the Jets offense, a lot.

Let's just hope he can catch the balls thrown his way.

Crabtree is a goon. I hope the vets give him shit and he get's thrown to less then T.O. "no offense to Niner Fans" I just hate these punks that think their above the game, they dont deserve to be in it if they dont respect it. But yeah Oakland made the wrong pick lol.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Baltimore Ravens - The Bengals are a play away from being 4-0, but really don't have the offense, or defense, to support it. The Ravens on the other hand, have a very good squad, and are coming off their first loss against a tough Patriots team. Sorry Shocky, but Baltimore should reign supreme here. Ravens 34-20

Cleveland Browns @ Buffalo Bills - The Browns just traded away their best weapon, and have the worst statistical defense I think there ever has been at this point of the season. Edwards would be wise to get T.O. and Lee Evans involved big time here, as well as getting the running game going. Bills 27-22

Washington Redskins @ Carolina Panthers - Carolina is 0-3 in large part due to their turnovers, and Washington is 2-2, based almost solely on the fact their defense can create turnovers. I see this as a bad formula, and the 5th reason this season for Moore to be named the starter in Carolina. Redskins 16-6

Pittsburgh Steelers @ Detroit Lions - The Lions haven't played well all season, and were only passingly impressive against the Redskins. The Steelers have struggled to a 2-2 record, but seem to be getting their running game going. This could be ugly and fun to watch, or completely unimpressive. Steelers 30-3

Dallas Cowboys @ Kansas City Chiefs - The Giants proved last week that the Chiefs cannot stop the run, and Dallas proved last week they will abandon the run in their time of need. Good thing there won't be a "time of need" this week. Cassel should be able to start getting the offense rolling though. Cowboys 35-16

Oakland Raiders @ New York Giants - Eli Manning might not play, but does that really matter when the #1 defense takes on the #32 offense? Or when the Giants just-getting-hot running game meets a big nothing on the Raiders defense? Russell fails to complete 35% of his passes on the way to getting a bonus from old man Davis. Giants 41-12

Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Philadelphia Eagles - McNabb returns to face the defense ranked slightly above Oakland's, and with Westbrook also returning, it could be the recipe for a huge game. Expect DeSean Jackson to get a few mentions around here for Week 5 MVP. Eagles 36-13

Minnesota Vikings @ St. Louis Rams - The 4-0 Vikings against the 0-4 Rams, in another dome. Hmm...Yeah, I'm going to go with Father Time and All Day to rack up a bunch of yards, and push Spags closer and closer to the hot seat just 5 games into his first season. Vikings 33-0

Atlanta Falcons @ San Francisco 49ers - Quick! Who's got the better numbers: Ryan or Hill? If you guessed Ryan, you lose. Add in that Gore missed a game, and still beats the Falcons in rushing yards, as well as the Falcons defense underachieving, and you have a recipe for the 49ers to continue towards a division crown. 49ers 28-24

Houston Texans @ Arizona Cardinals - With the Texans defense getting on a roll last week, look for them to continue to improve against a Cardinals offense that has been a semi-letdown from last season. Andre Johnson should have plenty of running room, so expect him to catch double digit passes, as well as a pair of scores. Texans 30-21

New England Patriots @ Denver Broncos - Again, the Patriots should have the game of the week. Both teams are ranked in the top 10 across the board for offense and defense, and Kyle Orton has proven to be a winning QB in the young season. Brady is finally getting his game together, but potentially faces a bigger test than last week. Patriots 27-25

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Seattle Seahawks - The Jaguars have been surprisingly good, and the Seahawks are not as bad as a 1-3 record would indicate. If they can get their passing game going against the Jags failing secondary, it could be a lot closer than most people think. Jaguars 23-14

Indianapolis Colts @ Tennessee Titans - Interesting fact: The Colts rank 1st in passing and total offense, but is 29th in running. Expect that to change this weekend, as they rack up big points against an over-matched D. The Titans have had trouble protecting Collins, and it could get worse this weekend. Colts 44-14

New York Jets @ Miami Dolphins - The Dolphins pulled off a miracle last week, but don't look for a repeat. Without Edwards, the Jets could have pulled this game off easily, simply because the Dolphins could not rattle Sanchez the way he was last week. Add in Edwards, and this has the potential to be a blow-out. Jets 27-9

This is a good week for games. I'll give my predictions for the week right now.

Bungles at Raves
-I got the Bengals here. They were my sleeper team and they are a fluke tip pass away from being undefeated. Baltimore is obviously the better team, but this is the NFL and I think the Bengals can pull this one off.

Brownies at Buff
-Going with another upset here. Cleveland played Cinci good last week and Buffalo just can't seem to find their stroke. I like Anderson better as the Browns QB, as he has been able to manage the offense and make them look good. I expect a big game from Jerome Harrison and the Browns get their first victory.

Skins at Carolina
-Another one of the winless teams gets that first victory. Carolina is coming off a bye and the Skins are coming off a close victory over the Bucs. I expect a big game out of Deangelo Williams and they get to JCamp often and Delhomme's attempts are held to a minimum. Kitty Kats win.

Blitzburgh at Motor City Kitties
-Lions have played some decent ball thus far and have surprised me. But it looks like my boy Daunte Culpepper might be handling the snaps for the Motor City Cats. Pitts defense is nasty and they will get to DC. Pitt should win this easily.

America's Team at Chiefs
-Da Boys get the W here. I see Romo having a big game like he did week 1 against TB. The Chiefs just aren't that good of a team, though I think they have improved. I see them showing some more flash, but still losing in the end.

Da Raiiidas at The G-Men
-Raiders shown promise week 1 and have been on the downfall since. The Gmen should walk away with this easily. This could be a trap game, but I think Tommy C won't let the team under perform. This could be the blow out of the week.

Buccaroos at Iggles
-Josh Johnson showed promise in his first start. But the Eagles defense isn't very friendly to young QBs. Yes this isn't a Jim Johnson defense, but McDermott is pretty darn good. Eagles should win this one by a comfortable margin.

Purple People Eaters at Lambs
-I feel for the Rams, I really do. SJax is pretty much the only offensive weapon they got. If the Vikes stop me, the Rams have nothing. AD should have a huge game and Favre will do what he does. This could be a trap coming off the big MNF win against the Pack, but this team has enough vets to not let that happen. The PPE gobble up the Rams for dinner.

Hotlanta at Niners
-Oh man will this one be a DOOOZY. I think the Falcs win this hard fought game. This could be one of the top games of the week. I see Ryan coming through in the clutch and getting a big play to win the game. This could be a preview of a possible playoff showdown.

Texans at Cards
-This one could be the highest scoring match of the year. I see Schaub lighting up on of the leagues worse secondaries on route to a huge game. Cards will hang in with that dynamic O. I expect a big game from Timmy Hightower against one of the leagues worse run defense. For those that love points, tune it.

Pats at Broncs
-Another fantastic showdown. I got the Pats here, as Sneaky Bill knows his former coaches and I think he shuts down whatever McDaniels brings. McD has his Broncos playing good, surprising football and hopefully they keep it together and finish strong, but I can't see McD defeating the Master.

Jags at Hawks
-The Jags have surprised some and the Hawks aren't as bad as their record. I think the Hawks pull this one out. It'll be a close game and I think it'll come down to crucial plays. I just see Seattle bouncing back after two Ls and beat the Jags who are coming off a big W.

Indy at Tenassee
-Boy oh boy have the Titans been the leagues most disappointing team. If Collins doesn't perform here I expect we see a sighting of VY. Peyton rips the Titans apart here and the Colts should win by 2 TD. Wayne (maybe the most underrated star WR) and Clark (league's best TE thus far) should have huge games.

J-E-T-S at Phins
-Sanchez was shown to be vulnerable by a good Saints team. Dolphins finally got one the board with a W against the Bills. The Phins and Jets always have some good football games. I think Marky Mark bounces back and the Jets get back to their winning ways. I see a low scoring, close football game.

Out of all the winless teams playing Sunday, I think the team with the best chance to win will either be the Browns who play the Bills or the Panthers who play the Redskins. The Browns gave a good Bengals team a tough good last week and Buffalo isn't great offensively or defensively so this game could be low-scoring which would give Cleveland a good chance to win and the same goes for the Panthers.

I'm shocked how well the 49ers defense has been playing. I saw the game against the Cardinals at Week 1, and that pass rush was insane.

On the other hand, I think their offense is average at best(Without Frank Gore). Even with Frank Gore, all you have to do is pay more attention to him, and ask Shaun Hill to beat you through the air. Lets see if Michael Crabtree can help Vernon Davis, who can't do this job with Shaun all by himself.

All in all, I see the 49ers dominating the Falcons.

The Falcons, in my humble opinion, is an overrated team. Their defensive scheme is shit, their offense is line is slightly above average, and Tony Gonzalez & Matt Ryan is really the offense. Their offense got easily limited by the Patriots and should be no different from the 49ers, whoms defense is statistically better than New England's.

The Falcons defense is also pretty bad. They have been allowing over 400 yards of offense the last 2 games. I don't expect the 49ers offense to have a career day though, but should put enough points to take the game easily.

I am not a Redskins fan but I do live in Virginia so I sit through every Redskin game on Sunday. I actually like Jason Campbell though. I think a good portion of his struggles can be blamed on the inconsistency at the offensive coordinator spot. Snyder and the front office folk made a major faux pas in the off-season by flirting with Sanchez and trying to woo Cutler to Washington. I figured that would have fueled Jason but perhaps it lowered his confidence. I'm not sure why the skins' are struggling as much as they are this season. I would not bench Campbell though. Was it two season ago that Campbell got injured and Todd Collins came in and played fairly well, even getting the skins to the playoffs? Is Collins still the back-up? Campbell may have some heat on him but I think Washington should stick with him this season. Re-consider the signing of Jim Zorn though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back