NCAA College Football 2014 - LD

I don't see how can anybody can use yesterday as a way to downgrade the SEC.

We already knew South Carolina sucked, LSU wasn't much better, and that Alabama and Texas A&M were probably a little overrated and would struggle in Conference Divisional play. So I don't think any of those losses should alter any preconceptions of what the SEC was.

Conversely both Mississippi teams looked better than some wanted to admit they are, especially State. I will concede that Ole Miss tried to give that game away at times yesterday, but that can be attributed to the specter of Saban and Bama's aura. Yet they still pulled it out. And Miss State are gonna seriously contend while Prescott has to be the clear run away leader in the early Heisman race.

Also its clear now that at this point in the season Auburn is the best team in the country.

I would lean toward taking a minimum of six SEC teams right now to beat FSU on a neutral field.

Also...

Go Cats!!! I love you Mark Stoops.

Haha... when I read that first sentence, I vaguely remembered you mentioning in the past that he left a great game early before and missed of comeback. Sure enough it was the other classic Notre Dame/Stanford game. :lmao: Some people can never get rid of that "beat the traffic" instinct no matter what.
:)

In his defense, while the first Stanford game was to beat the traffic (it is a 7-8 hour trip home), the one last night wasn't about beating the traffic. The weather was just so miserable and it caused his back to lock up and various other aches, to the point he couldn't even sit anymore. So, I'll grant him a pass on that one.

Sounded like an awesome day for you though. Glad to hear it was a great birthday.

Now please use some of that birthday magic and wish for a Saints win today for me if you would. Thank you. :thumbsup:
Sometimes I forget the NFL plays on Sunday. I love college football, but NFL is just okay for me.

While I could look it up, it's easier for me to be lazier and just ask you...who do they play?
Sly, got love for you, but you being an ND fan just bummed me.

All kidding aside, I told myself I wasn't getting my hopes high this year. Now I know ASU is no walk in the park, but c'mon. You have two two-score leads within 3 minutes, and you give up two Hail Mary's (although the first one really wasn't a Hail Mary, but a huge play nonetheless). The defensive coordinator needs to be fired. I can take one team losing but UCLA as well damn near ruined the night. But USC stung the most.
Anytime USC loses, it's a good night. But I think they have a good coach and he'll get them going again.

Eh, not to me. I think you have to cap it at 5 (4 Vs 5 being sort of a wild card "win and in" game). Eight hurts the regular season too much, and you get to a spot were the lowest team in the bracket has no buisness on the same field as the top team in the bracket

I'm not sure on the regular season part. If you have these big schools banging into each other all the time, the big teams are going to knock each other off. It doesn't mean they're not still very good and worthy of having a chance to play it out. I wouldn't go beyond eight though.

So what if they knock each other off. Thats the point. Thats what gives CFB the best regular season of any sport. EVERY week is just about the playoffs.

True but should a one loss team who has played great in a tough conference not have a chance if they lose one close game in the middle of the season? Maybe but I wouldn't be opposed to having them have a chance.

In the current situation, that shouldnt really happen, depending on what happens the rest of the year.

and besides, fuck everyone's sob story. You dont want to worry about not having a chance? Win your games.

In the current situation, that shouldnt really happen, depending on what happens the rest of the year.

and besides, fuck everyone's sob story. You dont want to worry about not having a chance? Win your games.

This is true. It's not something I'm adamant about. Just sounds cool.

I think it's funny when SEC teams beat each other it's because the conference is so good but when Pac-12 or Big-12 teams beat each other it's because the conference is weak.

Sometimes ESPN's propaganda machine infuriates me.

I guess Bama is back....
Or A&M just isn't that good.....

No, Bama is probably back, and will most likely be #3 this week behind Ole Miss and Miss. St. ND will beat FSU and should jump to 3, but Bama will pass them because the SEC is the blowjob buddy of the media.

Heartbreaking loss for Notre Dame. They had it.
Such an awful way to lose. Very arbitrary call on the offensive pass interference, especially considering FSU's defense on an earlier play on the drive.

Oh well. I know the ESPN bias will drop Notre Dame permanently out of playoff contention, but they showed tonight they are as good as anyone in the country. Assuming they win out, Notre Dame deserves the fourth spot in the playoff.

Very arbitrary call on the offensive pass interference,

:lmao: :lmao:

PLEASE

Don't sully ND's fantastic, gritty showing by trying to act like that wasn't BLATANT offensive pass interference. They didnt block for screen passes as good as they blocked on the "routes" on that play :lmao:

Maybe if they would have, they wouldnt have utterly wasted first down. What a stupid fucking call.

That was a great game and great showing by Notre Dame, answered many question marks about them especially Golson, that 4th & 18 conversion was ridiculous. However, I have to agree with the call, the guy didn't even make an attempt to run a route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back