• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mr. Wrestlemania vs. The Streak: Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

Taker v Michaels would be a dream match for us wrestling fans who can recall their rivally in 97/98. If JBL was involved it would completely stink the joint out! If Taker was to beat Michaels than why not have JBL say to Michaels that he wants a shot at Taker, and Michaels wants a re-match so maybe it could be a triple threat match at Backlash between Taker, JBL & Michaels.

As for getting JBL on the card, if their that desperate to have him on the card than let him enter Money in the Bank or something, who cares.

I wouldn't say the greatest matches of all time come out of nowhere. People looked at Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 21 and expected the world out of it, and guess what, they got what I consider is the best Wrestlemania match in history out of those two. That match had the hype and the weight of the world on it's shoulders, and the guys delivered.

I expect nothing less out of this scenario (barring that the WWE just doesn't fuck it up beyond all recognition by putting JBL into this match). Shawn Michaels and the Undertaker bring their games up at Wrestlemania each and every year, and when you have a match with both guy sin it, they are going to tear the roof off of the place.

I'd buy Wrestlemania for this match alone - it will be absolutely amazing. It's the only match that will ever come close to beating Angle/Michaels at WM. Shawn and The Undertaker are always at the top of their game, The Undertaker just seems to be getting better. People have been wanting this match for years, it's been hinted at so long. The winner won't matter - this will be a match for the ages.

Well,it looks like Taker vs JBL and/or HBK.
If its Taker vs HBK,were talking TWO Mr Wrestlemanias with seamingly SoMe locker room influence.I a gree Takers streak,however now Un matchablE should NeveR be broken but it all boils down to.Vince-who do yoo luv.
(I still say HBKS FINAL match should be a title or quit he will lose due to interference from Bret.If I ever see it on TV ,I SHALL SUE)

Arguably, these two have stolen the show at Mania more than anyone, so I see no reason why this match won't be great..that is unless they add JBL in any way, shape, or form. To bastardize this match with that would make WWE lose a ton of respect for me.

But I digress...we're going to assume it's just a straight up singles match. I don't know if this match is going to be the best ever, but it certainly will be great and has potential of being one of the better Mania matches. Even though they are the longest tenured guys in WWE and older than just about anyone, these two can still go and both can make just about anyone look like a million bucks. They have had matches in the past, and their in-ring chemistry is great, so while I try not to in these type situations, I have high hopes for them to steal the show again. Not sure how they're going to build it...but need I say more to sell it than:
Mr. Wrestlemania vs The Wrestlemania Streak

Don't get me wrong this match will be fucking epic. It will most likley be HBK's best ever match, and the Undertakers best ever match. but I can't say that it will be the best ever. (only because we don't know what is around the corner) But I am pumped for this match if it happens. Two of my favourite wrestlers competing against each other. its a match where you don't give a fuck who wins, you just know its going to be awesome.

I doubt it will be the greatest match for the simple reason Undertaker is physically shot and always looks like he's exhausted but it will definately bee one for the history books.

I didn't think the match HBK Vs Ric Flair was that great from a Flair standpoint. HBK carried that whole match IMO, only thing that made that match of the yr was the storyline that led to i, and now they killed it anyway by Flair coming back 1yr later Pffft

But saying that HBK and Taker don't need to do a hell of a lot to put on a good match. Taker does his thing, Pound the crap out of ya and repeatedly get back up, Michaels does his thing make every match look main event quality and a bit of everything style wrestling, Hopefully JBL doesn't get injected in there someway that would ruin it completely.

It's going to be an awesome match purely because it's between the two longest lasting WWE legends in recent history, both having been with the company for close to 20yrs and it's on the grandest stage of em all, and in Takers home town, 2nd time around. Side note. wasn't the Wrestlemania Triple H faced Taker in Houston aswell, how ironic?

And that match was off the page.

I will be marking it, regardless of who wins. Personally now they've gone past the 15-0 kinda mirroring the 15yr undefeated streak of Andre the Giant, taker should retire undefeated at WrestleMania, that way no one could beat his record and since he rarely got the strap for more than a few months it would be a fitting tribute to give him a record that will never "EVER" be surpassed A GAIN!

Anyway i'm sure HBK would have no problem losing.

If they went the other way and gave HBK the nod for his yrs of service and taking on so much shit personally over his storylines that too would be a nice start to his career end.

Someone made this point already, but I do not want to see this match turn into a Triple Threat, or Four Way or anything like that. (I dont think they will.. but you never know anymore)

I lost it when Taker vs HBK happened in the rumble a few years back, it was awesome. Then the following years they each had their run-ins in the match itself.

The buildup to this is perfect... and it will be very interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks.

but if JBL somehow beats HBK on raw, im going to loose my mind....

I think it will certainly go down as one of the best ever, and definitely the 2009 Match of the Year. This will be our next Angle/Michaels, Rock/Hogan, Rock/Austin in that it will be the one match we talk about for many years, and shown every year when they are hyping up that year's WrestleMania.

But THE bext ever? I doubt it. Its possible, I think, but I doubt it. I hope so, because that would be rpetty fucking awesome. It will be a fine match indeed. May end up as the second best WrestleMania match of all-time, right behind Michaels/Angle from WM21, but only time will tell.

Hopefully it will be a great match but it won't be the greatest all of time. My personal favorite was Kurt Angle v. Undertaker at No Way Out in 2006. I wish they would have saved it for Wrestlemania because that match would have been better than Kurt Angle v. HBK (Another one of my all-time favorites).

Yeah the man that's undefeated at Wrestlemania vs. the man who always steals the show at Wrestlemania. Think about all of the Wrestlemania's Michaels has been in since he has returned.

WM19- HBK vs. Jericho MOTN
WMXX- HBK vs. HHH vs. Benoit MOTN
WM21- HBK vs. Angle MOTN
WM22- He faced Vince McMahon, so I mean you can't get MOTN out of him.
WM23- HBK vs. Cena MOTN
WM24- HBK vs. Flair MOTN

So 5/6 Wrestlemania's since he has returned, he has the best match of the night. This year it will be the same, MOTN.

uh just saying but this one was actually the match of the year, and hbk vs cena may have been too, so if this isnt the match of the DECADE i'd be pretty surprised.
furthermore does anyone remember the end of the rumble where they squared off? or for that matter the begining of the next years rumble? those two cant help but be amazing, they always deliver, and i must admit i HATE the undertaker, but there is no denying that guy shows up every time there he has a match.

Dont go over your head pal lol..it might be match of the year but greatest match of all time..no..It COULD be greatest buildup of all time if Creative gets it right! Im personally not looking foward to this match. After seeing the sloppy performance in the 2007 R.R between these two, I think its best to watch this match from start to finish inorder to make any fair judgements...

IMO,They're 2 Overrated person,I don't know the reason they got to be big these days
(hey both can't wrestle)
,I prefer Batista vs John cena,that is a fresh new idea that needs to happen
i mean batista and cena are 2 of WWE's finest,pure athleats.

My answer is no Takr/HBK would be Boremania simply because they both suck as wrestlers.
Taker who botches everything these days,and HBK who is a drama king would ruin mania 25.oh and isn't it obvious JBL or Vladimir will interfere.

So is anyone else hating how this feud is starting up? The fact that two stinkers JBL and Kozlov are involved is really keeping it from taking off the ground. I was hoping Shawn would simply win on Monday and JBL would get lost so Shawn and Taker could actually build a feud, but now Kozlov has to get involved. :fu2: /rant

Anyways, I don't think this will be the greatest match ever but it could possibly be the best of the decade. These two had a great rivalry back in the late 90's, their Royal Rumble teasers have been great, and HBK got a great match out of Flair last year so he can definitely work well with Taker.

I just hope that Kozlov and JBL aren't involved after next week. I've been looking forward to this match for a long time and it would just ruin it if any of them are in the match or interfere in it.

JBL-Wrestling God,That would be a classic match,definitely since JBL's wrestling skills is improving.

Undertaker vs JBL would steal the show
HBK/Taker is bs,since both of them are ''old''.

Quite frankly with the way things are be built up i am only going to wrestlemania for this one match. As for match of all time i have to see but it's been 22 years in the making and by the grace of god i cant wait to see the crowd when im there and how they will erupt when that bell goes off. These are two of the greatest in the bussiness and there will be no problem that this will probably be the best "Rasslin" match in wrestlemania history. But as far as greatest match ever we will just have to see.

This match is going to be overhyped, and although HBK always puts a good show at mania, it isn't going to be THAT good. If it was HBK/Cena again it might have a shot at been a great match, but Taker/HBK is unlikely too in my opinion, it will be a good match probably not great though. Neither are in the peak of their career, or in great physical condition. Even discounting this, I still don't see how it will be a great match, Undertaker hasnt had a great match for ages (Edge/Taker last year was grossly overated), and HBK has had some great matches with Cena and Jericho, but both are great storytellers, the Undertaker as much as I think he's a good wrestler is not a great storyteller anymore. I mean there is a chance that both of them pull something fantastic out the bag and its a great match, HBK especiallyis capable of doing so. But the greatest match of all time? Cmmon.. It's never going to be able to even better their HITC match, let alone the hundreds of great matches in wrestling history.

Beating Undertaker's streak is now becoming as big as winning a world title at Mania.
Right now we've got 2 Main eventers and...eh... Vladimir Kozlov fighting for the match at Mania. It's more hype than a Undertaker match at mania has ever gotten, and that's truly saying something.

We know HBK will beat JBL yet again, possibly end Kozlov's undefeated streak... and then go on to face The Undertaker.
This is gonna be one of the matches where, even though the hype will be huge, the match will make all the hype completely irrelevant because it'll be so good. Hell, we might even forget about the streak simply cause we'll be so lost in how good the match will be.
Really can't wait for this one.

Even if it's a good match, there's no way it'll be instantly recognized as one of the greatest matches of all time. If people think that Undertaker will lose this year or they did previous years, then there's something wrong with them. It's not ending to somebody like HBK, Edge or Kane. So there's nowhere near as much drama as their could be in those matches.

So, all in all, i've paid something like £1000 for my ticket to WM plus the flight and accomodation etc, and for me personally, it's worth all the effort and struggling simply for this match.

I thought i was estatic when i got a ticket in the 9th row.

I thought i was estatic when i heard Batista won't be wrestling.

I thought i was estatic when Orton won the Rumble and will most likely win the WWE title again.

Now we're getting Taker v HBK? Mr. Wrestlemania v The Undefeated Embodiment of Wrestlemania? Now i'm estatic to the level that my brain may simply melt and then ooze out of my eyes and ears.

Greatest match ever? How can we even ask this question until the match actually happens? What matches are we going to compare it to exactly?

There's little doubt in my mind that this will probably be MOTY. HBK usually gets that accolade most years regardless. Facing a guy the calibur of Taker, who's matches since his 2004 return have more often than not been awesome (unless he was facing Khali or Mark Henry or Big Show, so anybody heavier than he is basically), signifies that this match will probably be off the chart, and guys like Edge, Cena, HHH and Orton are probably already wondering how they're possibly going to top this match.

Greatest match ever? I think it'll probably be the greatest HBK/Taker match ever, but until you give me a list to compare with, how could i possibly say?

Wouldn't it be a terrible swerve if this suddenly became a Fatal 4 Way match with JBL and Kozlov, and they all just ganged up on Taker, only for him to hit a quick Tombstone and win? Lol. Being a die hard Taker mark i'd laugh my ass off, but i can imagine everyone else wouldn't be particularly happy with that.

On a side note, I do hope that Baptista090909's post above is the reason he was Teddy Harted.

Shawn michaels and The Undertaker are the two most respected wwe characters of all time!!! and in my opinion this will be the greatest match of all time! but those are my to favorites so am i biased? or is this match indeed the greatest of all time!?

NO

Sorry, I'm vooting for a no on this one, whilst it will very likely be match of the night, it won't be the greatest match of all time. The main thing in this will be the build up of Undertaker's "undefeated streak" v "Mr Wrestlemania" HBK rather than the match itself.

The match itself would have been better off 10 years ago, from an in ring POV, but you have to also think about the build up, 10 years ago you'd have 6-0 v someone who's not really secured as Mr Wrestlemania. So really it's a tough situation, but definitely not the greatest match of all time.

What the greatest match ever is is subjective. It's based on opinion. I definitely have high expectations, having touted this match for, well, a while now. Michaels and Undertaker are two of my very favourites. Their Royal Rumble finish was what made 2007 my favourite rumble ever and they share my favourite match spot - Undertaker facing Angle and Michaels facing, uh, Angle. I'm definitely expecting it to deliver.

But I don't see Michaels getting past JBL.

At this rate there is about zero chance this match will live up to the hype, people have set their expectations so high for this match, that there is no that even the Undertaker and HBK can meet them, people need to just relax, and stop throwing out shit saying "it'll be the greatest match eva!!!!" will it be good?, more than likely, will it be the greatest match ever?, prolly not, at least no more than say Rock/Hogan or HBK/Flair were, anybody who sets their hopes so high as to beleive this is going to be the greatest match ever is doing nothing more than setting themselves up for disappointment, I am also sure now that I will be seeing and endless stream of posts, after the match, stating how it was good but didn't live up the hype and could've been soooo much better

If Vladimir Kozlov faces Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV, that would be the worst thing that WWE creative would do in a long, long time. I mean, he's Russian. He's not a Texan like JBL or HBK. I mean, sure, JBL vs UnderTaker, HBK vs UnderTaker or JBL vs HBK vs UnderTaker would be an awesome match but why Kozlov? Just because the WWE has no place for him doesn't mean the have to ruin a match that is perfectly good without a foreigner of Texas.

my guess is that it is going to be Taker vs HBK.

Now they have Vladimir in the mix.

heres how it see it going down over the next few weeks.

On raw HBK will beat JBL.

Vladimir will then challenge HBK to a match, and winner gets to face taker at WM.

HBK will defeat Vladimir, thus ending his streak, and then showing everyone that he can defeat someone who has an undefeated streak.

It all makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back