• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**Merged** [OFFICIAL] The Future of Miz Thread

Ok see I agree with you. He will be a main eventer, he will get his run(s) with the title (hopefully just one...), and yeah sure he'll be successful.

The one thing that got me is when you said he will be ONE of the faces of the company. I'm sorry I just don't see it. Face of the Company is a HUGE title. John Cena has it right now and Orton is next in line. After that? It's some old guys and then no ones close. HHH, Taker sure. No one else is in there though, no one. It's a title made for one guy and that right now is Cena.

What I mean by Miz being ONE of the faces is pretty obvious. He will be on posters, video games, dvd’s etc along with the likes of Orton, Cena, Trips, Taker, Shawn etc. He’s going to be where Sheamus is getting to.

If you only see one face of the company then I will say no he won’t be the face of the company in your eyes however in mine I see him as one of the faces of the company with Cena/Orton at the helm. Obviously Cena and Orton aren’t going anywhere but Miz will still be right up there for a long time to come so if you don’t like him I feel bad for you because we’re only going to get more and more of him on WWE programming.

The way you see faces of the company is just the way I see main eventers. Same thing, I suppose.

The FACE of the company though is just a single title given to a single person, to me at least. And as I've said that's John Cena.

I'm not too worried about seeing more and more of him on the WWE. The thing that was irritating me about this guy is how much people think he is the next John Cena of the WWE. There is no "next John Cena" of the WWE when THE John Cena is there. They won't switch spots, it simply isn't going to happen. I can totally live with Miz being like Sheamus is now. Title opportunities, some title runs, some pushes, etc. But if this guy ever was to be the FACE of the WWE, in my eyes, I'd simply stop watching. He's just not good enough to me.

The way you see faces of the company is just the way I see main eventers. Same thing, I suppose.

The FACE of the company though is just a single title given to a single person, to me at least. And as I've said that's John Cena.

I'm not too worried about seeing more and more of him on the WWE. The thing that was irritating me about this guy is how much people think he is the next John Cena of the WWE. There is no "next John Cena" of the WWE when THE John Cena is there. They won't switch spots, it simply isn't going to happen. I can totally live with Miz being like Sheamus is now. Title opportunities, some title runs, some pushes, etc. But if this guy ever was to be the FACE of the WWE, in my eyes, I'd simply stop watching. He's just not good enough to me.

That’s pretty much how I see it, if you main event then you’re a face of the company. You’re getting your face stuck to everything WWE puts in their merch trucks.

I completely agree with you though that he won’t ever take over John Cena’s spot. If that’s what you’re getting at then I 100% agree. I just wanted to argue that he will be a huge success but of course he will not take over Cena’s spot. Not in this lifetime anyways. And even if Cena were to leave for some unknown reason there’s guys like Orton and Punk who should step into that role, not Miz. All I’m saying is Miz will be a big star and he will be a stay around main eventer.

First of all, I'm a little surprised Cena is older than Orton. I'm not sure why, but I am. Anyway, I agree with you about The Miz. I just don't see it. I think his ring work is average at best. And as for his mic skills, well, he speaks well. But are his promos that memorable? He had the one memorable one a few months ago about coming up through the ranks & JBL, but he doesn't show all that much creativity. Jericho is creative. One of the funniest things I've heard in a long time was when Jericho sat with the announcers during the 1st season of NXT. Jericho, HHH, the Rock, they all have the ability to think on the fly & create memorable moments. The Miz doesn't have that. He's more of an actor than a performer. I've accepted that The Miz will be a world champion at some point, & that he will be a main eventer. But I think many fans will regret that they ever hoped for it.

dood if you're going to make a debate dont trash every good point about the miz. the WWE knows they're losing triple H undertaker rey mysterio and possibly edge soon. whats the problem with molding the superstars of tomorrow? we need the miz cause not many others can do what he does. the miz is talented and idk why you cant admit it, its kinda foolish but whatever.

Exactly, Miz is just another main-eventer.

Swagger, Sheamus, Punk, HHH, Cena, Orton, Big Show, Taker, Kane, Rey, Edge, Jericho, Barrett. Add Miz to that list and there are your main-eventers. He's better than some (very few... very, very few) but he is far from some as well. He's just another main eventer. He is not the next Rock. He's not the next Austin. He's not the next Chris Jericho. He is the next Miz. That's all he is.

dood if you're going to make a debate dont trash every good point about the miz. the WWE knows they're losing triple H undertaker rey mysterio and possibly edge soon. whats the problem with molding the superstars of tomorrow? we need the miz cause not many others can do what he does. the miz is talented and idk why you cant admit it, its kinda foolish but whatever.

Your avatar and sig. Not surprised you're calling me "foolish".

I never said he wasn't talented. Everyone on that roster is talented. Yes even The Great Khali. I said he's no where near as talented as Austin/Rock.... and I'm right.... no questions.

There's nothing wrong with molding the superstars of tomorrow. But if you want to bring that up, I'd rather have Rhodes or Kofi getting the push that Miz is getting.

I really don't think this guy can ever be a face. I just don't see it if wwe ever turns him face imo they will be making a big mistake. The miz is great on the mic as a heel but i wouldn't wanna listen to him cut a promo as a face.

He is great as a heel because he has that cocky arrogant im better than you attitude and really knows how to sell it. Also the miz isn't the biggest guy imo he is kinda avg size.

What would his gimmick be as a face a underdog who always over comes the odds? I sure hope not wwe already has rey mysterio playing that gimmick which really isnt all that entertaining imo so i dont know how wwe could make it work.

So does anyone think he could be a successful face? If so what do you think his gimmick will be? How would wwe turn him face?

dood the miz will be just as good on the mic if he turns face. think about the rock, triple h, randy orton. these guys went face but their personas remained the same i think if WWE turns Miz to a face then they'll go that direction.

Surprise surprise, yet another Miz-bashing thread. It seems like someone can't get a push nowadays without multiple threads claiming they're not ready radda radda radda. Let's see what yours is claiming.

Exactly, Miz is just another main-eventer.

Swagger, Sheamus, Punk, HHH, Cena, Orton, Big Show, Taker, Kane, Rey, Edge, Jericho, Barrett. Add Miz to that list and there are your main-eventers. He's better than some (very few... very, very few) but he is far from some as well. He's just another main eventer. He is not the next Rock. He's not the next Austin. He's not the next Chris Jericho. He is the next Miz. That's all he is.

Well first off, you're wrong. Miz is not a main-eventer... yet. How many main-eventers do you see holding midcard championships? Which leads me to my second problem with your post. Swagger, Punk, Show, Kane, Rey, Barrett, and even the almighty Jericho are not main-eventers. They sometimes fill spots in the main event but more often than not used to put over up and coming stars because they're upper-midcarders. And thirdly, of course he's The Miz and that's all he's trying to be. Why must he be compared to all time greats instead of we just sitting back and enjoying his push?

Your avatar and sig. Not surprised you're calling me "foolish".

I never said he wasn't talented. Everyone on that roster is talented. Yes even The Great Khali. I said he's no where near as talented as Austin/Rock.... and I'm right.... no questions.

There's nothing wrong with molding the superstars of tomorrow. But if you want to bring that up, I'd rather have Rhodes or Kofi getting the push that Miz is getting.

yea im a mizfit, so what? if im going to make a decent argument id do both sides fairly unlike you. no one and i mean no one starts off great. austin and the rock were pretty much losers when the started off and it was that one push that sent them to the top. why cant that be miz? it very well can be. and duh dont you think you're going to see cody at the top when he beefs up? the guyss got mad credentials so i dont doubt hes a future world champ.

I think all of you are wrong! What does a guy like Edge have, that The Miz doesnt? Edge has good Mic skills, So does The Miz, Edge is an average wrestler, The Miz has better Muscle Tone, and more Athletic Body! The MIZ works hard and has a passion to succeed! I like the MIZ, I think he will be a World Champion before this year, or he might cash in his Money in the bank at Wrestlemania! Look at past champs in recent years, Jeff Hardy, RVD (both suck on the MIC), Chris Jericho (which sounds very monotone) And does the same ole crap over and over!, CM PUNK, EDGE, Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger, I can go on and on! These guys are not better than The MIZ!!! Some maybe be better "WRESTLERS" but all-round, The Miz has a better look and more Marketable. Thats why CENA, AUSTIN, ROCK, HOGAN, WARRIOR has been the face of the company in past years!

Merk sadly as much as I want to agree with you I think he will be less like those three and more like Cena. His promos will become more formulaic and lose their bite but he wont have the physique or power to pull the Superman routine

Surprise surprise, yet another Miz-bashing thread. It seems like someone can't get a push nowadays without multiple threads claiming they're not ready radda radda radda. Let's see what yours is claiming.

Well first off, you're wrong. Miz is not a main-eventer... yet. How many main-eventers do you see holding midcard championships? Which leads me to my second problem with your post. Swagger, Punk, Show, Kane, Rey, Barrett, and even the almighty Jericho are not main-eventers. They sometimes fill spots in the main event but more often than not used to put over up and coming stars because they're upper-midcarders. And thirdly, of course he's The Miz and that's all he's trying to be. Why must he be compared to all time greats instead of we just sitting back and enjoying his push?

Yeah dude, I was totally saying he isn't ready for a push or anything. That is exactly what I said. You are DEAD on.

That was sarcasm.

What a main-eventer is to you, could be different from me. As long as a guy is in or has been in a main event someone can argue they are a main-eventer. Think of the principals of it. Don't be so ignorant. I'm not saying that's my definition of what a main eventer is but to each his own.

You act as if I'M the one comparing Miz to other people. I'm not. The people that say MIZ IZ DA NEX JERICHO are the ones that are. /facepalm

yea im a mizfit, so what? if im going to make a decent argument id do both sides fairly unlike you. no one and i mean no one starts off great. austin and the rock were pretty much losers when the started off and it was that one push that sent them to the top. why cant that be miz? it very well can be. and duh dont you think you're going to see cody at the top when he beefs up? the guyss got mad credentials so i dont doubt hes a future world champ.

Are you slow?

Do you realize the point of this thread?

You do understand I've been saying Miz will be a main-eventer this ENTIRE time?

You must be one of the idiots that claim he is the future face of the WWE. No shit people start slow, it's how you get into the business. This guy started slow, now he's going to be a main-eventer soon (I should say soon, so that other guy doesn't get his panties in a bunch). Am I arguing with this? No. Is he the future face of the company? No. Will he carry the company? No.

I advise many of you to get hooked on some phonics. I point out a few things bad about your dream date and you put words in my mouth as if it's your job. Easssssssssssssy.

And to the guy that went off listing people as if he's Santa Clause. None of the people you listed were ever, EVER the face of the company. So what are you bickering about? Yes, the last few were as you said, but how are you comparing Miz to them? How are you even comparing him to a guy who is the INNOVATOR of the ladder match, a 9 time world champ, a guy who has been around and seriously DONE-IT-ALL, like Edge has?

Face of the company is not the same as a main-eventer. Learn to read. Come back with better material.

Why do people insist on stating that Miz is "the future face of the company" or something along those lines?

Let's play.

Let's state the reasons why people think this:

-Cuts great Promos (hello CM Punk, hi there Chris Jericho, bonjour Edge)

Notice how all the men you listed are former world champions. If cutting great promos does that, Miz will be a multiple time champ in no time.

-Vince McMahon loves him. He also loves John Cena, who is currently the face at the age of 33... thats not old... Batista retired when he was like 41 and Cena is way more dedicated to the business than Batista was. So assuming Cena stays around until he is at least 41, he will be the face up until that point (dont even say the Miz will take that away from Cena... what?), then by that time Miz will be 37. Is this the point where you guys think he'll be the face?

Who said any of this? Miz doesn't have to be THE face of the company, but he can definitely share that spot with Cena or whomever. Orton is doing it now.

-He's "constantly improving in the ring" (very debatable).

Hardly. The guy has grown by leaps and bounds and continues to do so.

-He's one of the best heels. But uh, what does this have to do with being a face? I don't see a heel being the face of the company. Maybe a tweener like Austin/Rock but only Austin/Rock had the kind of charisma to do that. Miz is no where near as talented as them. Not even close.

Okay, being the "face" of the company doesn't literally mean being the top good guy. It just means being the top guy, the top draw. And while he isn't at the level of Rock and Austin, he's not THAT far off (in terms of charisma and in-ring ability) If he keeps improving, he'll be at that level in no time.

-Michael Cole calls him the future face of the company. Well, in case you haven't noticed, Michael Cole is in the transition into a heel himself lately. Maybe not a full turn, but some may argue he already has. Bryan is an obvious baby-face and Cole hates him where as Miz is a giant heel and he wants his hotdog in his face at all times. Simply calling him "the future face of the WWE" may be a way of just pushing the guy. Not LITERALLY an attempt to make people believe he'll be a bigger star than Orton or Cena.

Ignoring your pointless rambling, it was reported that Vince told the commentators to start referring to Miz as the future of the company because that's what he actually believes. Vince is very high on Miz right now, and seemingly has plans to push Miz to the level of Cena and Orton.

-He works really hard. Oh really? Wow that hard working American! Let's make him the face of this giant company and leading face of this wrestling federation! Do you even realize how stupid that is? I'm not saying you shouldn't be rewarded for your hard work. I'm saying that just because you work really hard doesn't mean you are entitled to certain things.

I didn't know Carlito had an account here. Hard work equals reward; that applies in wrestling as much as it does in life. Cena is a workhorse who gives 110% for the company and look what it's gotten him. Miz has been doing the same and it's being recognized. You can't expect more if you put in less.

NOW, THE REASONS WHY HE WILL NOT BE THE FUTURE FACE OF THE WWE

Oh joy.

-John Cena, as previously stated, is only 33 years old. Randy Orton, is currently 30. They will both be around for a long time (barring injury). Miz is 29. They aren't going to tell their 2 biggest stars and arguably 2 biggest draws that "hey this Miz guy is now 'the guy', sorry." Will Miz be a main eventer? Of course. Will he be some super hero like John Cena is and take over the WWE? Of course.. not.

I don't think anyone is actually saying this and if they are, they're morons. And I highly doubt people want Miz to get a "SuperCzena" push. He'll main event, but Cena and Orton will be there with him. Also, what do their ages have to do with anything?

-His "improving in the ring" is HARDLY noticeable. I think it's just cool to say now, I mean seriously, "MAN DA MIZ IS ALWAYS IMPROVIN DID U C DAT MOVE HE DID". No, I must have missed it, as I do every week, apparently. YES, I DO REALIZE JOHN CENA IS NOT THE GREATEST IN-RING PERFORMER, BUT, a lot of his "inability" is overblown due to the massive heat he gets from "uber internet wrestling fans". The crowd goes wild over his 5 moves because he's that damn entertaining (apparently). If he isn't to you, I'm sorry, but you are in the minority. I don't see how different the Miz is. I honestly don't. I mean hell, if Cena wasn't scripted to always just come back like a super hero after getting his ass kicked for 20 minutes then we probably would REALLY see what he is capable of. Like the stuff we saw when he first got on the scene.

Watch videos of Miz's matches from 2 years ago and tell me he hasn't improved. If you can't see it, than you're either blind or don't know wrestling. He's ring work has gotten much smoother and he has expanded his move-set. Not to mention he can play a crowd like few can and has great heel physiology.

-Why would they make the face of the WWE a guy that most of the fans (especially the younger generations) have been taught to hate? Yeah kids, remember that guy that would always fight dirty and beat up the good guys and call you all losers? Yeah well he's now a good guy so root for him! Maybe that happens with a lot of wrestlers, a simple change of script from heel to face of vice-versa, but does it turn them into the FACE OF THE COMPANY? NO. Definitely not when they are THIS BIG of a heel.

The Rock used to be a pretty big heel too. Everyone hated that guy. Then they turned him face and what happened again? Oh, and remember when Cena was heel?

Now I'm not saying that every heel that turns face has to be, or will be, the face of the company. But to even suggest that they couldn't successfully turn Miz face, when far bigger heels have done, is asinine.

-I could get into his look, but it would be helpless. The point has been made.

Difference of opinion, though I think you mean "pointless" not "helpless".

I think just because he is young, cuts great promos, and has the briefcase everyone thinks hes the next hottest thing ever. He's an entertaining fellow, but let's be real here ok? He is not the future face of the company. He is not going to ever carry the company. He will be your typical above-average heel main eventer. Name me one of his matches that have been memorable? Ok, thanks.

Youth, mic skills, and the MITB briefcase are usually DO mean your one of the hottest things going on. We don't know if he'll be the face of the company, but it's more likely than you think. I mean, if Vince himself thinks so, than the sky's the limit for Miz. Maybe you should be a little more open-minded and give him a chance instead of bashing him with weak arguments.

Oh, and I remember Miz's MITB ladder match :)

A lot of big guys debuted as heels (or were heels for a big part of their initial career) and went on to become top faces, like Undertaker, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and in the current era Randy Orton. The Miz is not bigger or better than them in character presentation, so he too definitely can turn face later when the crowd starts liking him.

Are you slow?

Do you realize the point of this thread?

You do understand I've been saying Miz will be a main-eventer this ENTIRE time?

You must be one of the idiots that claim he is the future face of the WWE. No shit people start slow, it's how you get into the business. This guy started slow, now he's going to be a main-eventer soon (I should say soon, so that other guy doesn't get his panties in a bunch). Am I arguing with this? No. Is he the future face of the company? No. Will he carry the company? No.

I advise many of you to get hooked on some phonics. I point out a few things bad about your dream date and you put words in my mouth as if it's your job. Easssssssssssssy.

And to the guy that went off listing people as if he's Santa Clause. None of the people you listed were ever, EVER the face of the company. So what are you bickering about? Yes, the last few were as you said, but how are you comparing Miz to them? How are you even comparing him to a guy who is the INNOVATOR of the ladder match, a 9 time world champ, a guy who has been around and seriously DONE-IT-ALL, like Edge has?

Face of the company is not the same as a main-eventer. Learn to read. Come back with better material.

hey dumbshit do you mind going back to your original post and look at all the pros you listed about te miz, then you rag on them? like wtf? and you're stupid cause the Miz is doing better in his first 4 years than edge and jericho so why cant miz be the next big thing? dont say he doesnt deserve it cause he really does.

You basically agreed with me around 900 times in that post, but seemed to insist that you were disagreeing. He will main event. He will get title runs. He will NOT be the top face of the company or the #1 guy that Cena has been these past few years, that Rock and Austin were, that Hogan was. No. Just, no.

So thank you for agreeing with me.

In regards to the Rock, he is absolutely unique. I stick by my guns that Miz is NO WHERE NEAR Austin/Rock. That is RIDICULOUS to think. MAYBE, HUGEEEEEEEEE MAYBE, if we weren't in the PG ERA and anything went Miz could come CLOSE. But I mean dude are you shitting me right now? Rock could do a heel to face turn because he was that damn good.

I don't see how any of those arguments are 'weak' either. And how does age have nothing to do with this? We're talking about the future face of the WWE for years to come. If Cena and Orton were both in their forties, your little girlfriend would have a much better shot at being the top dog. But he doesn't, and he won't be.

hey dumbshit do you mind going back to your original post and look at all the pros you listed about te miz, then you rag on them? like wtf? and you're stupid cause the Miz is doing better in his first 4 years than edge and jericho so why cant miz be the next big thing? dont say he doesnt deserve it cause he really does.

haha, "dumbshit". Oh no, please don't call me a dumbshit! I'd be ashamed if someone who used the grammar of a 9 year old called me a "dumbshit". :(

....:shrug:

Was Edge or Jericho ever the face of the WWE? The guy that was the first that comes to mind when someone mentioned the letters "WWE" or "WWF"?

This will be the last time I say this, so I hope you are paying attention, the Miz will be a main-eventer. He will hold the title.

The Miz will never be what John Cena is right now. That is, the top face of the company. The guy you think of when you hear "WWE".

this guy is so close minded. hes four fucking years into the business. he WILL be on the levels of the greats i guarentee it.

By "greats" please list who you mean.

Tell me, sonny, do you think the Miz will be the face of the company? The lone guy that carries the company? Or even the Rock to Cena's Austin? Sure, maybe he'll have some feuds with Cena and it will be the "mainstream" feud on WWE, but do you think it will get to the point where Miz is on the same level as John Cena?

If your answer to that is no, then why the fuck are you arguing with me? You are agreeing with me.

1 trick pony. Eventually, the Rock wannabe will fade away like all the other 15 minute guys in the business. Maybe he get's some longevity, but I highly, HIGHLY doubt it.

And on a side note, i REALLY hope at some point they get the Rock to visit again and interrupt the Miz and do the "Who in the blue hell thing" to him. Oh man.

You're dead wrong if you say The Miz can't be a face, he has already proven a few times that the crowd is behind him. The crowd booed MVP for jumping the Miz after their PPV match and it's not hard to spot Miz signs and shirt in the crowd. He's already appealing to a section of the WWE fanbase, much like Chris Jericho had a few fans in the crowd in WCW while he worked as an annoying heel. The Miz will most likely play face when the time is right, but not anytime soon.

all im saying is give it time, a guy like the miz wont fade away. just think about it, hes growing every single week he goes out there and its not for nothing. be naive if you want buddy it doesnt change a thing. oh and btw just because arguing with you isnt important enough for me to capitalize my letters or use apostrophes doesnt make my grammar that of a 9 year olds.

The importance of the conversation at hand should not directly replicate how you type. "talkin lik u r sum kind of dum guy xD" makes you look like a flat out moron. As does trying to argue with someone that you are actually agreeing with.

A lot of superstars grow each week. You want to talk about hot starts? How about Sheamus? Oh but I don't see anyone saying SHEAMUS IS THE NEXT STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN like I am with The Miz. Why? I have no fucking idea. He's a new comer to the main-event scene and he will have his time to shine but he won't be the ICON that VERY, VERY few people have been. AKA, the face of the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back