*MERGED* [OFFICIAL] Future WWE Hall Of Fame Discussion

I know that for the most part Batista is one of the most hated men in the IWC, but alot of people hate him simply because of his mediocre wrestling skills. But great wrestling skills dont guarentee you a spot in the HOF. Batista is one of the most well known stars in the company, when people think of the word WWE he's usually one of the first wrestlers to come to mind. Sure he may not be the most technical wrestler around, but he's had some very memorable matches with people like the Undertaker,Triple H,edge,shawn michaels, The list goes on. On top of all that very recently he's very much improved on the mic and has really done a great job at playing a heel. I'm not saying it's certain he'll get a HOF spot, But I wouldn't rule it out.

I hope he doesn't get in. He is not a very good wrestler and the only reason he has been a main eventer for so long is he is really big and good friends with HHH. He has average mic skills and even worse wrestling skills. There was a time that I thought he would end up being really good, but I think his talents have maxed out and won't get much better. He probably will only be around for a few more years and I do not see that with the short amount of time he has wrestled when you consider his injuries that he has show he is a hall of famer.

I'm not surprised he's leaving soon. He's in his 40's if not older and a grandfather. As for him being in the HoF....no. It's bad enough we all know Cena will be in it VERY soon, please don't put Dave in it too....oh wait, yeah they put Koko B Ware in it....fuck it, who cares who gets put in it? If Koko can get it, and Macho can't, put David Arquette in it. Honestly he's more qualified than Koko. At least Arquette ''won'' a world title lol.

by the way, Neon, I'm your biggest fan lol

Can I have your autograph? please don't throw a drink at me!

Well, even if you don't particularly like Batista, I think if you look at the grand scheme of his career, I think he's a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame one day. He's been a multiple time World Champion, been involved in many main event matches in the recent WWE years, and was part of Evolution. While he might not have had a note worthy career to some, he is sort of the embodiment of the WWE's main desire for its athletes: big, muscular brute. And to be fair to Batista, he really isn't that bad of a worker. I'm not saying he's the best (not by a long shot), but he does have good matches. And to be perfectly honest, his recent heel turn will probably add to his legacy because I think it's rejuvenated his career from where it was last year at this time.

If they can let glorified jobbers into the Hall of Fame (Koko B. Ware), they'll put Batista in eventually.

Let's see, he and Undertaker tore the roof down at WM23. He's a Royal Rumble winner. He'll be in the HOF. His feud with HHH in '05 was very good.

Mic skills not that great... But he got a lot of praise for his promos leading up to WM26.

He might not be Bret Hart, Hogan, or Piper (who never won a world title but made it to the HOF)... but he happens to be one of the most intense wrestlers this generation. During his first WHC reign, the crowd will ape shit for him, especially when he would unleash. I marked out when he beat HHH in the HIAC.

The guy is really good at building up matches too, believe it or not. Watch his promos for his matches and feel the intense anger coming off him. It gets my blood going sometimes.

Regardless of personal opinions, he will be in the WWE Hall of Fame one day.

Mr.Metallica Fan 92
i dont like Batista i dont think he's a good worker, lacks passion, lacks personality, and to me doesn't really seem to care

The guy cried in the ring when he was made to give up the title on Smackdown.If that's not passion I don't know what is.

I do think that Batista will be in the Hall of Fame.And he should be, he hasn't had a long run in the WWE but he has had some great feuds and he is a former world champion.He might not have the best mic skills in the WWE but he entretain people.As it was said before, he and Taker stole the show at Mania 23 and should have been the main event.He beat Triple H at wrestlemania in the main event for his first world title.He won the royal rumble in that same year.Then he beat one of the top 2 guys in Hell in a Cell, triple H.Then he dosen't even get beat for his championship!He got hurt so maybe his title run wasn't going to end at that time.

His feud with Taker in 2007 was great.The matchs they had were exciting.Then in late 2007 he beat Taker inside HIAC(with a little help).So After you take in that this man has had great match's and won world title's I do think that he should be in the Hall of Fame.

Batista worthy of being in the WWE Hall of Fame... debatable. Very much so. However I think he will one day be voted in. It might not be immediately following his career, but I'm sure he will. Everyone knows he is at best average in the ring and on the mic. Definitely not the best we have seen, but certainly by no stretch the worst. He has had some great feuds with future HOF's, and at the very least has made a name for himself that people will always remember. I doubt we would even be having this discussion if it weren't for his multiple injuries and having to vacate championships and things like that. I mean everyone suffers and battles through injuries during their career, but it seemed for Batista to always just happen at the worst possible time for him, the storyline, the 'E' and his career. But because of what he has been able to accomplish, the feuds, multiple championships, Evolution! IMO, I think his involvement in Evolution solidifies it for him. So yes I think he will make it in.
I don't know if it is just me or not but in a lot of ways I don't take the WWE's HOF extremely seriously anyway. I mean sure it's a big deal to be recognized and I guess in many ways it can cement someones legacy. But it is the WWE's or should I say (Vince McMahons) HOF. And I often wonder how much that comes into play. Because even though someone may be deserving in everyone elses' eyes (I mainly mean the fans), if that person ever pissed Vince off, or jumped ship in a shady way or anything like that, he could be THE most talented performer ever and Vince could just say "Eh, f*ck 'em!" Now that's just speculation but I am just trying to introduce another argument and make a point.

Batista worthy of being in the WWE Hall of Fame... debatable. Very much so. However I think he will one day be voted in. It might not be immediately following his career, but I'm sure he will. Everyone knows he is at best average in the ring and on the mic. Definitely not the best we have seen, but certainly by no stretch the worst. He has had some great feuds with future HOF's, and at the very least has made a name for himself that people will always remember. I doubt we would even be having this discussion if it weren't for his multiple injuries and having to vacate championships and things like that. I mean everyone suffers and battles through injuries during their career, but it seemed for Batista to always just happen at the worst possible time for him, the storyline, the 'E' and his career. But because of what he has been able to accomplish, the feuds, multiple championships, Evolution! IMO, I think his involvement in Evolution solidifies it for him. So yes I think he will make it in.
I don't know if it is just me or not but in a lot of ways I don't take the WWE's HOF extremely seriously anyway. I mean sure it's a big deal to be recognized and I guess in many ways it can cement someones legacy. But it is the WWE's or should I say (Vince McMahons) HOF. And I often wonder how much that comes into play. Because even though someone may be deserving in everyone elses' eyes (I mainly mean the fans), if that person ever pissed Vince off, or jumped ship in a shady way or anything like that, he could be THE most talented performer ever and Vince could just say "Eh, f*ck 'em!" Now that's just speculation but I am just trying to introduce another argument and make a point.

Batista is a shoe in HOF'er. That's a fact. Even Koko B. Ware made it to the HOF.

Guys , calm down and think.Which factor plays the most important or maybe the only role for sb to be inducted in HoF?

The answer is how's somebody's relationship with Vince at the moment.You can see that Vince and Randy Savage are not on good terms so he is not in HoF.

If Big Dave leaves WWE on good terms and without any problem with Vince , He will be in HoF for sure.But If he leaves WWE in a bad way then you should wait and see how things will go between Vince and Batista,

To me , HoF worthy = having no problem with Vince.

I wish that Batista's heel run happened just a little bit earlier as he has upped his game in my eyes since becoming one of the bad guys.

But yeah, I think Batista is worthy of the Hall Of Fame. He's known the world over, has won multiple World Championships, and has made a crapload of money for Vince. In 2005, he and John Cena shared roles as the two top faces of their respective brands. And these days, Batista is quickly developing himself into on of the best heels WWE has to offer today.

Oh, yeah, and he's Filipino. I wanna see one of my people make it into the Hall Of Fame someday.

I don't think he deserves it because he hasn't done anything memorable aside from having a few good matches. Then again, this is the WWE HOF, which means....anyone has a shot.

I think Batista should be inducted, my reasons are:
When he is performing, we are all watchin, from the time his music hits, to his ring entrance, to his dominance and here recently, I've noticed he has stepped his Mic performance up... He was apart of the Legendary Stable "Legacy"... His moments with Eddie were the best for both of them...

I certainly hope not, though it is WWE we're talking about. He is a popular "sports-entertainer" with no mic skills, who has held the world title largely due to his huge body size and chisled look. That shouldn't be enough to get you in the HOF, but there's been notable examples of HOFer's who didn't really deserve the induction. Dave Batista was cool in 2005... that's it. He's never had the skills of fellow big wrestler Brock Lesnar, nor the drawing power of mediocre but wildly popular Goldberg... case closed. hopefully...

Well I think it's very early to decide if he's worthy it or not.
Todays generation haven't impressed me with anything and neither one of them deserves to be in the Hall of fame. In a couple of years it would be way easier to decide if he can or cannot be inducted to the hall of fame.

but he is significant in the Legacy of Triple H. How good would it look on Hunter to have someone he brought up in the Hall Of Fame?

Triple H's legacy won't be affected if Batista goes on to become a Hall of Famer, Triple H's legacy won't be affected if Batista drops the ball tomorrow and ruins his own legacy, Triple H bringing up Batista won't have any affect on either's career if you ask me, because I don't feel that Triple H's legacy is any bigger or any smaller because of the success of Randy Orton for example, or Shawn Michaels legacy being any bigger cause he "brought up" Triple H so to say, (or well was associated with Triple H for a well length of his career)
Triple H's legacy, Batista's legacy etc. will be affected on what they do themselves, not because they raised a success, or was raised by a success, their legacy will be formed on what they did for the business, not for who they put in the business.
You don't see Harley Race being honored for putting over Ric Flair in 83 do you? only for the fight, but not for making Ric Flair world champion, and you don't see Ric Flair being honored for also having an affect on Batista and Randy Orton's career, or for the sake any of the horsemen's career, they're honored for being a part of the legendary stables, not because of who they were in there with, but ultimately for what they did while they were in it, at least that's my opinion.

Onto topic.

So what do you think? Will we see Dave Batista in the Hall Of Fame? Should we see Batista in the hall of fame?

Batista will eventually become a Hall of Famer, that is an inevitable accomplishment that will be laid on Batista eventually, just as much as it will be laid on John Cena and Randy Orton, while you could argue their contribution to the business compared to Batista, we can't deny that Batista goes out there and puts on a fight, and has put on some great fights in the past, especially with Triple H.

While some may disagree with me, I think Batista eventually should be in the Hall of Fame yes, not a huge name induction, but for the sake of actually honoring him putting on a show for everybody, and leaving some (while some may argue) memorable moments of pay per views, like Wrestlemania 21, Royal Rumble 2005, Wrestlemania 23 etc. and for a dominant reign on Smackdown after Wrestlemania 21.

While some of you may not like it, Batista is a future Hall of Famer, not because of his wrestling abilities, because people like or dislike him, but because he's put on a show, accomplished things, and left his mark, like any other wrestler does, yet it's only the more accomplished people that are properly acknowledged, and Batista will eventually be among them.
Batista has held 10 titles, while it's not a lot, it's the way that he carried those titles, the way he's portrayed himself through his career that I eventually believe will be the breaking point to his induction.

Besides, let's remember, he's not retired yet, could still leave his mark quite well.

Edit:

i dont like Batista i dont think he's a good worker, lacks passion, lacks personality, and to me doesn't really seem to care

Batista is a perfectly fine worker, he goes out there and puts on matches when he has to, I don't know what you call that, but I call it a good worker, not great, but decent to say the least, he's put on some awesome matches, like at Bragging rights, all those 4 wrestlers put on an amazing match for the evening, it's a shame although that it was overshadowed by John Cena vs Randy Orton.
Likewise his match at Wrestlemania 26 caught me off guard, two otherwise limited move set wrestlers putting on an amazing match that in my eyes was the 3rd best of the card (because Edge vs Jericho and Shawn vs Undertaker just was superior, it was a tough competition for Batista vs Cena to overdo those 2)

Batista has amazing passion, like someone said he cried in the ring when he let his world title go, his passion against Mark Henry when he returned, his passion for Eddie Guerrero at the Smackdown tribute show, and the tribute video for Eddie where he talked about Eddie on RAW, he might not have the greatest passion for this business, but he has the respect for it that's no doubt.
Oh and not to forget, I even believe he cried at Wrestlemania 21 after defeating Triple H, but then again he just won a world title, I would damn well be crying too if I had put my heart into a business for the past 5 years time and then win myself a world title.

And ultimately, lacks personality? what? sure he's bland as a face wrestler, but you've obviously lived under a rock during his heel persona with Evolution, and the great heel persona he puts on now.

It's not whether he is worthy or not to us, It's the fact that if he does not anger the McMahons before they put him in the hall of fame a la Savage, who is my personal favorite wrestler of all time. He worked well as both as a heal and a face. He has held many championships with the WWE, and has been trying to retire for years, but still keeps working for the company. Just because the IWC does not care for him, he has a decent stiff style, and if you listen, people mark out for him. He is a shoe in.

I dont think he will go in the Hall of fame. Honestly I dont think he did anything big for wwe. If you look at all the former hall of famers and compare them to Batista....The hall of famers will be over compared. Yes Batista has won world titltes but how many people have won world titles and are not in the Hall Of fame? Many people.

Is he worthy of the hall of fame, hell no!!!!

However since the WWE hall of fame sports the likes of Koko B. Ware and Pete Rose, I would say pretty much anyone can get in.

I don't get it why people keep shitting on Koko B Ware and Pete Rose being in the WWE Hall of Fame.

Let's look at it, Koko B Ware was inducted for his ability to entertain the crowd, and his antics with that parrot, why wouldn't you induct someone who proved to be a memorable act in entertaining a crowd and making sure they had some memories for that night? it'd be like saying "Don't induct.." yeah I can't come up with a name just yet, but the matter is that Koko entertained people and won titles, so I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, and why he's worth of Hall of Fame for that? have some respect dammit.

Same goes for Pete Rose, while he didn't contribute as much for the WWE, lets remember.. he's a celebrity induction yes that's right, a celebrity induction, John Cena did it, blame him if we're to blame anybody, Pete had an amazing career in Baseball, and again, as a celebrity induction why in the world shouldn't he be allowed to be honored for it even if he only made brief appearances in WWE? he still made them to say the least and put a memorable moment in WWE too when he took that Tombstone by Kane.

Something tells me, looking at the hate for Pete and Koko, soon we'll be hearing "WHO THE FUCK INDUCTED BOB UECKER?!?!".. amazes me we haven't heard any crying over William Perry yet.

Exactly the things I mentioned above is why I think Batista should be inducted as I said, he's kept the crowd entertained throughout his whole career, some people said what I do agree with, he was without a shadow of a doubt over with the crowd, and we all know Batista has done quite a few things for this business, left some memorable moments which I also mentioned.

I'll be happy to see Batista eventually inducted Hall of Fame.

And

Yes Batista has won world titltes but how many people have won world titles and are not in the Hall Of fame? Many people.

The Hall of Fame hasn't been shut down yet, there's still plenty of time to induct those people, but then again there's nothing saying that just because "oh he won a world title, induct the kid" if he was a crappy champion that left nothing memorable for the business, why in the world would we want to induct him then?

Who do you think are future hall of famers?why?

John Cena-Hes a 9-time world champion 2-time tag team champ(with HBK and Batista),3-time US champ and won the 2008 royal rumble

Batista-6-time world champ,4-time tag champ,and won the 2005 royal rumble

Undertaker-7-time world champ,6 time tag champ,1 time WCW tag champ,1 time hardcore champ,and 2007 royal rumle winner.

there are alot more..

John Cena: without a doubt, he's achieved a lot, he's hugely over, has entertained the crowd for many years, and is perhaps the new era of Hulk Hogan, without the heel turn, I think John Cena is one of the most absolute to be inducted into the Hall of Fame rather quickly after his retirement.

Batista: I've already said this in the other thread about Batista and the Hall of Fame, Batista has proved a lot, like John Cena he has put on some memorable moments, while he's not the Hulk Hogan of this era, he's definitely one worth to remember, and a definite worthy induction.

Undertaker: without a doubt, Undertaker.. 18-0 already, just that would be enough to induct him into the hall of fame, he's the one who's now the longest on-screen employee of WWE, and he's held many titles, contributed a lot to this business, and will definitely be hall of fame material, like Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair, probably one of the few who's worthy of his own wing.

Triple H: who can leave this guy out of it? one of the biggest names in the business, and in the WWE, a corner stone, a 13 times world champion, having held numerous titles, done numerous memorable things with many different factions and as a singles career, this guy is on this list, perhaps the biggest induction if you ask me, call me nuts, but I think Triple H will be the biggest induction of current WWE wrestlers.

Randy Orton: Yes Randy will eventually be in the hall of fame, like Batista he's done a lot of things, and is very popular with the crowd, not like John Cena, but he's done so much to prove himself, and he has many years back in him, so he'll go on to become a huge name of the business, perhaps eventually a big enough name to be inducted on the level of John, Triple H or Undertaker, who knows.

There's many more who will eventually prove themselves to be worthy of hall of fame inductions, or already has done it, but I'm gonna keep my list a little shorter than a word fort, so here are my primary names.

First off:
Should he be in the HOF?
I believe so, He has multiple tittle reigns,
Hes been in the main event scene for a good part of his career,
Hes had some great feuds over the years,
And at least now if he retires soon,
He'll go out strong, since I (and many others) are really enjoying this heel character.

Will he be inducted.
Yes.
Theres no doubt in my mind that he will, unless he does something that pisses off Vince,
Such as go to TNA.
I don't think he'll be inducted soon,
But he will.

I dont think he will go in the Hall of fame. Honestly I dont think he did anything big for wwe. If you look at all the former hall of famers and compare them to Batista....The hall of famers will be over compared. Yes Batista has won world titltes but how many people have won world titles and are not in the Hall Of fame? Many people.

We never said he'll be inducted next year, calm down. Hulk Hogan wasn't even the first person inducted. Other people will definitely be inducted before Batista, but he will eventually be in it. Let's look at what "big things" he has done for WWE:

Royal Rumble winner '05
2-time HIAC winner over HHH and Taker
Won the main event at WM21
Beat Cena at Summerslam
Evolution member
Destroyed Goldberg
Beat the Rock n Sock Connection at WM20
Feuded with HBK, JBL, Booker, Mysterio, HHH, Taker, Mark Henry, Eddie Guerrero, Randy Orton, John Cena, Great Khali, Kane, Edge, and many others since evolving intot he main event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back