• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**MERGED** Money in the Bank 2012 & Aftermath Discussion- Keep it all in here!!

TheHeartbreakPunk

HBK for life
Yes, i know that its pretty early, but i would like to know who you think is going to win this years money in the bank matches for their brands.

Smackdown-Im gonna go with wade barrett. A report said that the mitb match at wrestlemania was cancelled because he was supposed to win it, and it would make the most sense for smackdown right now

Raw-Raw has a bit more to choose from, but i think the best would be dolph ziggler. Hes already established and this would be that final thing to solidify himself as a main event star and capture that first real world title

So what do you think?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that there will only be one Money In The Bank match this year.

I think WWE was content on having only one MITB match this year because they realized having one case that was good for either title was more exciting. I loved knowing that the MITB winner could cash in on Raw or Smackdown's champion. It gave that unpredictability factor.

With all that being said I agree with your first choice, and I'll say Wade Barrett will win the case. I think he may get drafted back to Raw to get the rub from guys like Punk and Cena, he'll look like more of a threat if he's hanging with the big dogs on Raw (much like his Nexus days), and then he'll cash in on Smackdown's champ.

Wade Barrett

Rumour has it that now WWE wants to hold the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at SummerSlam instead of WrestleMania XXVIII. The reason the Money in the Bank Ladder Match was cancelled for WrestleMania XXVIII was because of Wade Barrett's injury, as he was due to win it.

I'm going to say because there isn't going to be a Pay-Per-View based on the match now, there will only be one match. That for me is a damn shame as I would've liked to see both Wade Barrett and Dolph Ziggler win the Money in the Bank Ladder Match.

well as Wade Barrett was scheduled to win MITB at Mania 28, I would suggest he will return and win MITB at the MITB ppv. Now they have nixed the idea for Mnaia, shows how their booking plans were solely all around Barrett winning. As for the other brand, it will depend who is on what show. Assuming Barrett is on Smackdown, I would suggest the Raw MITB case would be won by Dolph Ziggler. He is the next breajout star in the industry, I see WWE Title run diown the track, maybe late in the year after Survivor Series

I think Barrett is taking the Smackdown briefcase for sure and I'm not too sure about the Raw one. I hope Ziggler doesn't win it but that's because I'm hoping he wins the Rumble next year and wins the title at mania. I would say maybe Cody Rhodes could take a briefcase but i'm not too sure.. A lot can change in 4 months.

I say scrap MITB for the year. Bring it back to next years WM. This year Id have a KOTR tournament stretched out over 2 months. Have the finals be at the PPV before Summerslam and the winner earning a title shot. As for who should win that, id have Ziggler or Barrett. I think thats a much better way to get someone into the title picture than MITB, as MITB is really a 50/50 chance since so many ppl failed to actually reach the top and stay there. It really only worked for Edge who consistently stayed at the top. Everyone else were not so hot. Punk won it twice but his title reigns were very forgettable and he was dropped to the mid card and forgotten about until this past summer. Del Rio, fail. Not his fault, he had no chance with what he was given. Miz was a success but look where he is now, once he lost the title he was hard to be viewed as a threat. MITB now is just about giving a guy a quick title run and capitalizing but not sustaining his popularity. If they do have MITB this year Id give it to Ziggler. Have him hang onto it for 8 or 9 months and work a few upper mid card feuds to gain momentum and credibility.

The only two superstars on smackdown that can win is Wade and Cody. Wade should win i don't want Cody to win it. Cody winning would mess up his build, he can't be the next big thing by winning the title with the mitb brief case he has to do it by going up the ranks like he is now all the work put in to him would be tarnished Wades character is perfect by any mean necessary. Cody wants the honor respect and legacy.

I can definitely see Wade Barrett winning the Smackdown case. I think he was on the rise, and I was excited to see what he could have done at Wrestlemania.

I'm going outside the box with the RAW side and I think the Miz should win that side. It might get him back up to where he could be, and having that case should make him relevant again.

I'm sure a lot will change after the draft but as it stands there are several options on Smackdown and just one on raw.

On Smackdown the clear favorites would be either Rhodes or Barrett although I think that Barrett may be involved in something more credible than a MITB story-line. That is why i would say Rhodes will win. He will drop his belt just before the PPV and will win briefcase. Christian and at a push Drew Mcintyre would also be options to win.

On raw, as it stands, Dolph Ziggler is the only option to win. He deserves to be a firm main-eventer in the WWE and will get his opportunity in 2012. The only problem is it does not happen sooner than MITB but I can wait because he is the next big thing in the WWE.

Wade Barrett is a good option. However i dont think he needs the briefcase to stay relivant. Wade can start a fued with Seamus (presuming he's champ) this Summer, its something i want to see and I think if Wade was to cash in on Seamus it would take the goodness out of the fued. There is plenty of options creative can take with a Wade Seamus fued Irish v English for example.

Who needs the case more. The Miz. Remember how good he was with it. This can help to rebuild Miz. I know nobody wants a repeat of what happened last time because thats boring, but there is still plenty of options here. Maybe have him cash in and lose, or have him turn face and cash in the same way rvd did.

Assuming they don't win the titles before then, I'd say the most likely thing is a heel win and a face win for the title.

My pick for a heel to win will probably be either Cody or Wade Barrett. They're both at the top and could use one little push to make it huge. I doubt a turn for either of them, so they should be safe from anything getting in the way from a straight push to the top.

The face side is a bit harder to predict, but I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say Sin Cara. WWE is insistent on pushing him and assuming he's back in time and there's no reason he's taken off of TV at the moment, he has a really good shot if we're going by what face is most likely to win it. If not, the only other guy I can see they were pushing that hasn't gotten too much of a shot is Ted DiBiase, and I'm interested to see how that would work.

Wade Barrett is definitely a likely option. Take the rumors with a grain of salt that said he was the reason Money in the Bank was cancelled at Wrestlemania. The WWE has a money maker in the PPV, so why toss it to the side. Barrett though has been through the ranks and just wasn't given the title during the whole Nexus thing. For whatever reason that may be remains unseen. He is a guy who would benefit vastly from having the briefcase. It just fits his persona really and he should be a favorite on everyone's list.

Dolph Ziggler is another. He tested the main event waters again this year and nothing really came from it, but Ziggler could do wonders with the case. With his whole show off persona, it could add a nice new element to the case if it was defended. Ziggler is a guy who could do that. And finally two names (sort of out of nowhere) that should be considered are Santino Marella and David Otunga. In Santino's case, the dude is vastly over and I imagine he could have loads of fun with the briefcase. Plus he gives you the option of dropping it to someone down the road or losing the cash in match (as you think someone will lose eventually). Now Otunga is a bit farfetched, but the guy is improving and I think if he keeps it up he could be a future world champion someday.

The question of MITB is sort of up in the air this year. Last I heard, there was an MITB ppv scheduled to take place this summer. However, there've been lots of reports that WWE intends to do away with the MITB ppv concept. According to what I read, the MITB ppv was going to be cancelled and the MITB match was going to make a return at this year's WM. Allegedly, Wade Barrett was penciled in as the winner of the match with the plan of him eventually heading into a feud with CM Punk over the WWE Championship.

However, again allegedly, Barrett's injury took him out of WM and was the reason WWE decided not to have MITB at the event. The new plan, supposedly, was for Barrett to make a return before SummerSlam and participate in an MITB match there. He'd pick up the win and go into a feud with Punk in the fall.

If Barrett is able to make it back in a timely fashion, it's all but written in the stars for him to win MITB.

i think there will only be one case, which actually makes more sense to me. only way 2 cases interests me is if the second caseholder were to cash in on the first and steal the win.

like the usual stalking prey angle thats used with the MITB winners. case 1 is cashed in when champ is down and out, new champ crowned. now ex-champ attacks MITB winner and all of a sudden the second case is cashed in, another new champ crowned.

if you had the right individuals in this then it could make for a good 3 way angle in my opinion. BUT to finally get back on topic, i cant honestly say who i think will win but i feel like it SHOULD be someone like zigs, WWE needs a big heel and they need one now. personally doe, id love to see Kofi win.

Barrett will not win now, the story was leaked because Vince knew Barrett will miss and when he comes back but Barrett will not even be in the match.
Going out on a limb here and say R-Truth wins it with little jimmy by his side. He proved he can match it in the main event and is ready to take the next step.

I initially thought Wade would win because of the push he was gettin at the end of 2011/start of 2012 despite mostly getting owned by Orton.
Now though I do believe that he won't win it because of the leak, because Vince doesn't like the IWC knowing what's going to happen.

My pick now would be Rhodes. Whilst I still feel he'll still feud for another event or two with Big Show, I believe that should he win back his IC title or not (for the record I believe his reign was stale for a good portion due to him never defending it) he is ready to (at least) challenge for the WHC. He has the look, the swagger, the flexibility and the heat to at least challenge for the belt. He would be a great foil to Punk, Orton or a face Jericho.

Right now, Rhodes has to be a major favourite. He's lost the Intercontinental Title and now there isn't much point in him winning it back. It's time for him to move to the main event. Money in the Bank may be the route WWE chooses to follow. With Rhodes having been pushed on the whole very well, winning MITB will be fine for him because he'll be ready for a world title tilt by the time the PPV comes.

First of all, there should be only one Money in the Bank match and the winner should be able to cash the Money in the Bank briefcase on either RAW or Smackdown. Two Money in the Banks have made it less intresting.

My picks to win this year are - Either Wade Barrett, Alberto Del Rio or The Miz.

Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler aren't main-event material in my opinion.

I'm going to, and as much as I hate it, go with Cena.. Now here me out.

Let's say Cena gets destroyed by Lesnar (please!) and Cena ends up getting drafted to SmackDown! the next night. Their paths take different directions and we see Brock handling RAW while Cena handles SmackDown! for the summer. After Cena wins the briefcase, he hangs on to it for a while. We see Brock capture the WWE Championship sometime over the course of the year. Cena cashes in for a match against Brock Lesnar at the Royal Rumble and goes on to win the WWE Championship. The Rock goes on to win the Royal Rumble setting up Rock vs Cena II for the strap at Mania 29.

I know it is never going to happen but i think they should scrap The Money In The Bank Pay Per Veiw and Move The Money In The Bank Ladder Match to the Tables, Ladders and Chairs event but change it to a 6-Man Money In The Bank Tables, Ladders and Chairs

They need to stop MITB matches.. exciting YES, but too many ppl who shouldnt hold the title win it..

And a sidenote, its annoying how they keep saying that everyone who has won the MITB ladder match has won the title.. cuz Anderson (as Kennedy) won it, then "lost" the briefcase to edge. So TECHNICALLY thats an incorrect statement

Well, I only know what I have read online, and that is that Wade Barrett was set to get the push as MITB winner at this year's WrestleMania before injury put him on the shelf. If that was the case, and I believe it was, I have no doubt that Wade will be the one to win the briefcase this year if he is fit and healthy enough.

However, other options to consider are Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler. Both have great futures ahead of them, are looking set to be future World Champions, and I would have no problem with either of them winning a MITB match in the near future.

They are really the only credible options for WWE right now. I would absolutely love Christian to win the briefcase, but I fully expect WWE to go with either Barrett, Ziggler or Rhodes. Who knows though, they may go out to surprise us and give the briefcase to one of the new guys like Ryback, Tensai or even Dean Ambrose depending on how these guys do before the PPV, we all know Vince likes to trick the fanbase if he feels they know what his plans are.

We all know that Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam and Survivor Series are seen as 'The Big 4' when it comes to Pay-Per-Views. Survivor Series is seen as the one that launches careers, through the 5 v 5 elimination matches, the same said for The Rumble by headlining Wrestlemania.

Surely Money In The Bank does the same job as 'launching' careers by giving them a chance, and then reign at being a champion.

You are just saying this because of Money in the Bank 2011 and the CM Punk storyline. No Money in the Bank won't be in the "Big 4".

Money in the Bank should be held at Wrestlemania or Summerslam.

To be honest it won't but it should. It would be better if it would just replace Survivor Series because Survivor Series is the weakest of the big 4 and is barely an upgrade from B PPVs IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back