**MERGED** Money in the Bank 2012 & Aftermath Discussion- Keep it all in here!!

Ok, so Money in the Bank was yesterday, and I for one, was not impressed. The only match on the card that I had no idea who was winning, was CM Punk VS Daniel Bryan w/ AJ as ref. Other than that, every other match was so predictable. Lets have a quick review of the main events.

*NOTE* Im not counting the small mid-card matches that were added last second. I'm discussing the main matches that affect the main storylines.

Ok, first off, we open up with the World Heavyweight MiTB Match. Smart move. The participants included Dolph Ziggler vs. Santino Marella vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Sin Cara vs. Tensai vs. Christian. It was completely obvious Ziggler was going over here. He's been getting very good crowd reaction, he know's what he's doing in the ring, and he's genius on the mic. Ziggler's time is now. There is no reason why he shouldn't have won this match. Santino will never be World Champ, Rhode's still needs a little bit more (not much) improvement, Sandow just debuted not too long ago, (and hasn't even been on Raw) Kidd will never be World Champ, Cara isn't ready, Tensai still needs work, and Christian is currently busy with the IC title. Ziggler is the ONLY possible option to win this match.

Next off, we have Sheamus VS Alberto Del Rio. Obviously, Sheamus was not going to lose to Del Rio. With Ziggler winning MitB, they aren't going to have him cash in on a heel. It would be a good way for him to turn face, but creative isn't ready for him to do that yet. If Ziggler turns face, it will be when he dumps Vickie. Plus, with Alberto getting the upper hand on Sheamus the last few weeks, you knew Sheamus was going to walk away with the win here.

Lastly, the WWE Championship MitB. Okay, I hated the concept of this match consisting of only former WWE Champions. MitB was created to build stars, and that is what it has done and should always do. When that concept is added, along with John Cena, "entering" himself in the Money in The Bank match to stop Big Show, it was pretty much obvious Cena was going to win. The whole concept was made to make Cena look good. You can't just put Cena in a MitB match. He's much bigger than that. You have to put him in a MitB match to where it only consists of only former WWE Champions, so it looks better on him when he wins. Not only to mention how Cena kept cutting promos saying that he "Had" to win this match to stop Big Show once and for all. It wouldn't have made sense for anyone else to win this match. Cena was going to win this match, and stop Big Show. That is what this match was about. Even with WWE throwing Miz in there last minute to try and throw everyone off guard, it still did not work.

So overall, i'm not so much disappointed in this PPV, even though I knew exactly what to expect. I just hope this is the last predictable PPV in 2012. What are your thoughts on Money in the Bank?

What did you think of MITB?? I thought it was ok PPV it didn't seem to be that creative of a PPV it was a very safe PPV. I thought the Smackdown MITB ladder match was very entertaining from start to finish. Im glad Dolph Ziggler won but I have a feeling he's going to try cash it in on the 1000th Raw episode but thats just my opinion. I thought the Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio match was good soild match. I really enjoyed the Cm Punk and Daniel Byran match two very good wrestler's in the ring and know each other very well and have great chemistry together. But I was very disappointed with AJ as the Special Refree she really do a hole lot in the match and I didn't like the ending of the match where she just stood there and watched Punk. It seem's to me there either going to drag the storyline a bit more properly as far as 1000th Raw Episode. And the Raw Ladder MITB well I wasn't surpised to see John Cena winning it Im not thrilled about it by any means tbh. I would have given it to kane or The Miz someone who could revamp there character to going back to the Main Event spot and the other which is (Kane) For one last title run before he retires I say he only has another 2 years left in him.

The World Heavyweight Money in the Bank match stole the show for me. Sandow had some pretty decent spots to add to his level of relativity, and I liked the teasing of Christian winning a couple times. The moments with Santino climbing the ladder were pretty funny, too. I thought Tensai was going to paralyze Ziggler when he threw him over the table, which just goes to show you how good Ziggler truly is. Sin Cara is really going to hurt someone one of these days and he nearly took Ziggler's head off. This match was really well booked.

My biggest qualm with the pay per view was the WWE title match. Maybe my expectations were too high combined with the anticipation that Ambrose might've debuted, but I thought the ending was so anticlimactic. They did a decent job booking the match when AJ went to the back hurt, because it gave Punk and Bryan time to work without any distraction. Bryan's Yes-Lock with the kendo stick was pretty sweet, too.

Also, am I the only one that's getting tired of having these unannounced Ryback matches on pay per views? Ryback is very slowly getting over, but he is getting over, and I do not mind him at all. I just think it's time to pull the trigger on the guy and give him the U.S. title or something if that's what they're going to do. At least with MITB he struggled against Reks and Hawkins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back