Mark The Undertaker Callaway is overrated.

Mouthy Idiot

Occasional Pre-Show
First off I know that this post is probably pointless because I have never seen anyone who agrees with me on this. But I believe Mark Callaway is overrated and here is why. The thing that gets me is that he gets to be gone for months at a time and step right into the main event at WM. How is that fair? Everybody in the world worships this dude and I dont get it. Its like Vince and the 'boys in the back' bow down and worship this guy like he is the god of the world. The streak has become overkill at this point . How does 1 man get this kind of rub??? Its a predetermined sport and this guy gets to have this kayfabe record. The fact that Mark Callaway hasnt insisted on his streak being ended proves hes a mark for his own fake gimmick. All you ever hear is how athletic he is. Umm ok hes tall , umm he can walk on a rope and jump down and hit a guys arm. Wow thats some John Morrison moves right there. Sarcasm anyone?? He does the eye rolling and tongue sticking out and the dark music and oh yeah the tombstone, Wow my god what an athlete. Basically hes a control freak and he has a high opinion of his self. I hate when every pro wrestler praises this guy. Longevity is good but this guy has taken how many vacations over the years?? Hes been buried alive like 5 times and injured more than a brittle boned girl and hes some god?? Please tell me someone on this planet isnt fooled by this guy. Am I the only one out there who sees through this. Please someone reply on this and show some courage. Also how does he get hot chicks??? Hes a very ugly man and I know thats not overlooked by everyone. Hes ugly and yet his fame and worship gets him hot chicks. Plus he thinks he can kick every mans butt alive in the real world. Lets see him fight someone like Cain Velasquez.

That was one helluva rant.

There are a lot of wrestlers such as Bret Hart, Jericho and Lance Storm who have called Undertaker very talented and good to work with. I'd take the opinion of an accomplished wrestler like Lance Storm. Plus, I'm a fan of Undertaker and you have to remember that wrestling for as long as he has with a physique like his is going to come with injuries. But his loyalty and popularity are what keeps him coming back, thus all the returns.

First off I know that this post is probably pointless because I have never seen anyone who agrees with me on this. But I believe Mark Callaway is overrated and here is why. The thing that gets me is that he gets to be gone for months at a time and step right into the main event at WM. How is that fair?

Because the streak is a draw for Wrestlemania? That may be a reason. Randy Orton was the first to mention it so maybe you want to rant about him.

Everybody in the world worships this dude and I dont get it. Its like Vince and the 'boys in the back' bow down and worship this guy like he is the god of the world. The streak has become overkill at this point . How does 1 man get this kind of rub???

He's not the first to get a rub like that. Besides, wrestlers beat Undertaker all the time anyways.

Its a predetermined sport and this guy gets to have this kayfabe record. The fact that Mark Callaway hasnt insisted on his streak being ended proves hes a mark for his own fake gimmick.

You must have spoken to the man personally. Did you record the conversation in which he stated that he doesn't want his streak to be broken?

All you ever hear is how athletic he is. Umm ok hes tall , umm he can walk on a rope and jump down and hit a guys arm. Wow thats some John Morrison moves right there. Sarcasm anyone??

Only sarcasm you're seeing is in my post.

He does the eye rolling and tongue sticking out and the dark music and oh yeah the tombstone, Wow my god what an athlete

Do you know what a gimmick is? I'm sure people equate that to him being an athlete.

Basically hes a control freak and he has a high opinion of his self. I hate when every pro wrestler praises this guy. Longevity is good but this guy has taken how many vacations over the years??

You better not be a HBK fan and say this.

Hes been buried alive like 5 times and injured more than a brittle boned girl and hes some god?? Please tell me someone on this planet isnt fooled by this guy. Am I the only one out there who sees through this.

I see through your post.

Please someone reply on this and show some courage. Also how does he get hot chicks??? Hes a very ugly man and I know thats not overlooked by everyone.

Seems like you're the only one obsessing over his facial features.

Hes ugly and yet his fame and worship gets him hot chicks. Plus he thinks he can kick every mans butt alive in the real world. Lets see him fight someone like Cain Velasquez.

You're mad because you can't get a woman caliber of Michelle McCool. I knew we would get to the real reason you're angry.

Er I'd go as far as say his character has become bigger than his talent. BUT, only as his age has begun to limit his ability.

For his size he was impressively agile in his day and although not massively technical he had that something that made; and still makes, him very watchable.

His long vacation periods are because of a combination of two things. One how realistically possible a career ending injury is at this point, along with, two, how easily marketable The Undertaker is as a character.

The Streak? Again I think the streak started by accident but has been kept going by how marketable it is as a concept for Wrestlemania.

He might not be the "Greatest Ever". But he is the Only one left from the roster at the time that the very first Monday Night Raw aired.

Oh yeah, and for a fella, he's a bit of dish!

The Word "Overrated" should be erased from the English language, because nobody knows how to use it without being 100% biased.

Look....I've said it before, and I will say it again. If millions and millions of people love a certain wrestler, but you don't....then YOU are the one that doesn't get it.

I could sit here all day and tell you why I am such a huge undertaker fan, but it won't change your opinion. Let's face it, you posted this thread to let off steem, not to hear other people's opinions.

Just live with the fact that this guy is a Wrestling pioneer and a future hall of famer, whether a user by the name of "Mouthy idiot" likes him or not....

Bye.

Ok buddy how bout this you go to WWE be given a gimmick which is completely ridiculous on paper and then you roll with it and become a huge star, a multi-time world champ and all over the course of about two decades. Undertaker has earned his spot and everybody respects what he has done.

He has always been loyal, he backs up what he says with actions, he is incredible in the ring for a man his age, and as far as the streak goes he wanted Orton to break it and he said no so that argument goes out the window. The point is people respect him for a reason.

Undertaker is far from overrated in fact he has more than earned the praise he gets and you need to shut up and show some respect for a man who has shown nothing but passion and love for his craft and his fans. Good God man show some sense.

Dear Mouthy Idiot,
I highly advise you to see a doctor as it seems you may be extremely fucking stupid. Please step away from your television/computer or wherever you get your wrestling information from. Undertaker is highly revered because he is a veteran who stuck with the wwf/wwe through the good and the bad. He has acted as a leader backstage and i am sure someone who gets a scholarship for basketball is an athlete. The fact that you call him ugly and question how he gets women shows that your just a jealous troll. Ever think maybe he has a great personality and doesn't sit home writing his own forum posts? I feel extremely bad for you and once again, please seek medical attention immediately.
Someone way smarter than you,
xxxxTNAsucksBALLsxxxx

First off I know that this post is probably pointless because I have never seen anyone who agrees with me on this. But I believe Mark Callaway is overrated and here is why. The thing that gets me is that he gets to be gone for months at a time and step right into the main event at WM. How is that fair? Everybody in the world worships this dude and I dont get it. Its like Vince and the 'boys in the back' bow down and worship this guy like he is the god of the world. The streak has become overkill at this point . How does 1 man get this kind of rub??? Its a predetermined sport and this guy gets to have this kayfabe record. The fact that Mark Callaway hasnt insisted on his streak being ended proves hes a mark for his own fake gimmick. All you ever hear is how athletic he is. Umm ok hes tall , umm he can walk on a rope and jump down and hit a guys arm. Wow thats some John Morrison moves right there. Sarcasm anyone?? He does the eye rolling and tongue sticking out and the dark music and oh yeah the tombstone, Wow my god what an athlete. Basically hes a control freak and he has a high opinion of his self. I hate when every pro wrestler praises this guy. Longevity is good but this guy has taken how many vacations over the years?? Hes been buried alive like 5 times and injured more than a brittle boned girl and hes some god?? Please tell me someone on this planet isnt fooled by this guy. Am I the only one out there who sees through this. Please someone reply on this and show some courage. Also how does he get hot chicks??? Hes a very ugly man and I know thats not overlooked by everyone. Hes ugly and yet his fame and worship gets him hot chicks. Plus he thinks he can kick every mans butt alive in the real world. Lets see him fight someone like Cain Velasquez.

he has put a better portion of his life into wrestling yes he gets injured alot, but look back at the matches he has had, therefore he has earned respect, other stars have said he is good to work with, yes he wins constantly at WM, thats the wwes choice. he captivates the crowd, his entrance and appearance isnt like others, he is different and it works for him. he works hard, and is an amazing performer. when has he went around saying he could beat anyone real time? never, unless it was a promo of sorts. looks are in the eye of the beholder, you may not look the best, but some people look at whats inside, plus :worship:undertaker doesnt look that bad. unless you dont know, when he gets buried alive, he tends to be recovering from an injury.

The thing that gets me is that he gets to be gone for months at a time and step right into the main event at WM.

Well hmm lets see wheres your source that says hes gonna be in the main event? i personally follow wrestlezone constantly check at least once a day and i've yet too see a report thats hes gonna main event.

Longevity is good but this guy has taken how many vacations over the years?? Hes been buried alive like 5 times

Ok you go wrestle for 21 years (wwe years) for a company and be faithful to that company for that long and see what happens..better yet go wrestle one match and see how you feel.

Its like Vince and the 'boys in the back' bow down and worship this guy like he is the god of the world.

No i believe there is only one wrestler that Vince bows down too and that would be Shawn Micheals...but thats for another time.

All in all im not saying that Undertaker is the best wrestler out there but hes is ALOT better than alot of people who have gotten pushes and like Futurechamp said he was given a gimmick that sucked a purple tie and garden gloves and made it work for atleast 17 yrs. (trying to exclude the big evil years)

Wow, nice rant... now, here's my response to your rubbish:

۩Out of the past 20 years, who has given us not only Wonder, Excitement, Fear, Suspense, Passion, Reason and Respect? I’ll now elaborate.
۩Wonder:
Who has performed such wondrous things of their caliber? Mark Calaway is a 6'10, 295lb living legend. He has performed the most wondrous things with the assistance of others, and that's all adding up to his glorious career. He has wondered us with everything from mic skills, promos and in ring ability.
۩Excitement:
How many times were you excited to see a match or a rematch on YouTube? How often would you think to yourself "I wish I was there when..." when it wasn't a major accomplishment. I'm talking about Undertaker vs. HBK (all), Mankind (all), Kane (all) and many more. Those matches defined and raised the bar above all others. It is a typical horror storyline. Back in the day things that weren't scary (Dracula, etc) were. Undertaker had a scary character (especially as, to some, The Ministry persona) and you would be excited to see what he'd do next as LoD and Ministry because he was an unstoppable force. He disposed of competition by throwing them off of 20 foot high structures or sacrificing them or *nearly* marrying them in an unholy wedding. That's excitement and no other wrestler could compare.
۩Fear:
Like I said, things used to be scary (even though we wouldn't find it so). Part of his fear is his surprise (returning i.e. WM XX, SSeries 05, and ABA in 2000) and dying (SSeries03, Rumble 94 etc). They always find a way for him to "die" and return as a great character, striking fear into the hearts of opponents. No other superstar was billed to be as scary as Taker or even compare. No other was meant to frighten you out a bit (excluding those "freak" gimmicks, Goldust etc...). The Undertaker did that. When he talks, it's not a natural voice. It's a creepy, scary voice by a great actor. That is a classic "fear" voice you would hear from phone psychos.
۩Suspense:
Who makes us wonder what will happen? Who can make our heart beat fast when something is nearly over (Like the streak, with the 9.8 count at WM25)? Or shock us. Who can take our breath away with something simple like coming from beneath the WWE Ring and pulling one under to "Hell" or merely returning with the aid of druids, walking out the a Humongous pop in which nobody could compare to in a return. Who has amazing returns, and after which, leaves us going "I want to see more of that feud...” The Undertaker does that the Best. Other superstars have left us going "Whoa I want to see more" "Whoa, what's going on" but none have had our heart beating faster, or our mouths gaping in awe or our eyes glued to the screen at something simple. How many big men superstars flip over the top rope with only speed and jumping?
۩Passion:
He is the most dedicated. Wrestling in the WWE for 20 years he is the longest contracted superstar that wrestles (He wrestled in every year although has taken some breaks, since 1990-now). HBK took 4 years off and is 1 year behind Undertaker's career length. The Undertaker didn't jump ship to WCW like the prodigy Hulk Hogan; he stayed and was a valuable asset in the Attitude Era. He was loyal to WWE, he doesn't ask for Title Reigns, he is given them due to what he's done for WWE, and he still wrestles each year although he has injuries. He has the streak, a repayment for his loyalty as well He lives for the business and no other superstar is more passionate, although some have wrestled for longer, none have played the same gimmick as long and equivalent to the marvelous acting Mark Calaway does with his gimmick. It's golden and when he's on the screen, you'd better watch because if you don't, you'll miss out on something special. His presence will be remembered forever.
۩Reason:
He is one reason I still actively watch WWE. Note, I say watch. If Taker left then I'd only help and contribute to forums/wrestling talk due to my knowledge on the subject in question and how much it really entertains me and other fans. However, since HBK retired the closest I have to a second favourite is Chris Jericho, though he won’t replace HBK and nobody will replace The Deadman.
He is the greatest thing about WWE. Why? When all other characters changed to play the PG part, he hasn’t and has been one of the most mature & entertaining gimmicks to follow.
۩Respect:
How many superstars, when they cut a promo or segment, have the crowd absolutely quite with no disrespectful chants like "What", etc? The crowd wants to know what The Undertaker has to say. They want to hang off his every word because this moment is so scarce. The crowd respects him so when you're watching a WWE event, all the crowd does to him is cheer him after his sentence is finished. They are polite and respectful and even Taker Haters will be quiet (they wouldn't even dare risk the humiliation for being the only crowd member to boo The Undertaker. That’s respect.

The man from the dark side is a man who has been so mysterious, yet so well known in the past 20 years and revealed not only his dark side but his “Close to home” side as well. Seldom will you see a pure Undertaker hater and when you do they aren’t often a WWE fan, or a true being knowledgeable of wrestling.
“The Man who has Never Lost at WrestleMania” has amassed an unprecedented Streak at the Grandest Stage of Them All, defeating some retired superstars, or Legends of such a status some superstars can’t even fathom how great their reputations are. Wrestlers such as Jimmy Snuka, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Kane, and Sycho Sid, Diesel and even soon-to-be Hall of Famers such as Edge, Batista, Triple H, Randy Orton and many of his other victims have fallen before him. The Streak has become a legend in itself with such a legacy that entire feuds revolve around it; take Randy Orton when he failed to end the biggest Legend in WWE History, The Streak.
During his “American Bada**” days when he showed us a deeper, more natural side to him, Brock Lesnar was the biggest new thing going around. However, he wasn’t the biggest. Brock Lesnar had quickly achieved Top status in WWE, but who, in WWE, would never drop from the top? Undertaker pushed Lesnar above Main Event status when Lesnar defeated him on several occasions, two in Undertaker’s own matches (Biker Chain and Hell in a Cell). This catapulted Lesnar to a level that was unseen so quickly in WWE all because of The Undertaker.
Lesnar isn’t the only one The Undertaker has helped push to an outstanding level, Orton, in 2005, was slowly slipping from the Main Event Scene, and his lengthy feud with The Deadman pulled him to a credible level and an extremely underrated feud, but one of his finest.
Most recently, Kane’s title push has been based on The Undertaker. Kane had been jobbing since 2002, losing every feud. I’m convinced his first title win was a botch, back to the point; Undertaker is bringing Kane to his level. He is making Kane a worthy opponent for SmackDown.
The man has a huge arsenal of moves, sure, not as many as a high flier, but he’s limited to ‘giant’ moves. With rapid or brutal closed fists, turnbuckle, aerial and power moves it’s no wonder he’s classified as one of the greatest. His finishers consist of power moves and a submission move, his signature consists of an aerial move and power moves. He leaps over a 150cm high rope without using the steel ropes for leverage, this is pure agility. The man is a living, walking phenomena, which is very apt for one of his many nicknames, The Phenom.
He has provided the most extravagant moments, such as throwing Mankind off of, and through, the Hell in a Cell, pushing HBK down from the Cell, having one of the greatest feuds of all time with Kane and also catapulting him to main event status (with Paul Bearer as Kane’s manager).
The Undertaker’s Streak is also a huge part of his legacy. Despite people saying he has buried 18 wrestlers for 18 years, it’s a known fact that you don’t need to win to be pushed. With most of his feuds he has an entertaining background story, such as against Kane (twice), or Shawn Michaels (twice), Randy Orton, Batista, Edge, the list goes on.
Each week he has to imitate an unrealistic character, but you know what? He makes it seem realistic. When you watch him it’s as if you’re really watching a creepy intellectual who won’t forget, yet he won’t forgive.
The Undertaker has truly done it all in the WWE, from holding the WWE and WHC titles, the top prize in WWE, creating his own WrestleMania Legacy, a prize so great it surpasses WWE’s expectations of what their “prize” is. He’s also teamed up with numerous wrestlers to win tag team championship gold, but he hasn’t won the IC or US title. Why? Because he’s too good for winning mid card titles and he’s been too good for that since 9 months into his career. In the 90’s he won so many Slammy awards it wasn’t funny, one notable (yet forgettable) moment was when he grabbed Diesel (Kevin Nash) and pulled him through the ring and invariably sucking him into the ‘abyss’. He won the award for best tattoo and best attire, and official wrestling magazines and columnists voted him with the Greatest Gimmick. There is no doubt that his gimmick will never be surpassed, whether you find it corny or not, he pulls it off greater than any wrestler in history. He plays the role so well that he is no mere mortal; he is a true Phenom inside and outside the ring.

The only thing that I agree with you is that your post IS pointless.

Undertaker is prasied like a god, and God damit, he derses it.
Dude he's over forty FUCKING years old, he's wrestled for over two decades.Let's see YOU do that, and not be injury prone.

What makes you think that he can kick every man's ass, because of the lesnar comment?That was probably was going to be used in the taker/lesnar feud that never happenned. Now Cain Velasquez is 29 yrs. old,Mark is 46 plus with mutple injuries.WOW that is definatly a fair fight.

Control Freak?!?!?!He's asked people to break the streak, BUT THEY REFUSE!He got what seems like a terrible gimmick on paper, and made it last for over twenty years. He's about seven feet tail, and pretty agile for his hieght,Why do people complaign about giants being slow?What do you people want, him to fly around the ring like rey mesterio?He's put plently of people over, when you have guys that refuse to work with younger talent.

Now you say he's ugly,right? So MAYBE, JUST MAYBE he and michelle got married because they were in love.Did you ever think of that?

He started in the main event, and has been a big superstar from day one. He's amazing in the ring, probably in the top ten best techincally sound wrestlers ever. What about him doesn't derse to be worshipped? He has brought thousands of people into wrestling,including me.

I need a minute to cool off......
I'll be back to finish

Dear Mouthy Idiot,

You should have done a poll instead... will I get flamed A) YES B) YES ALOT C) YES BY EVERYONE.

Obviously you have a very biased and narrow view of sports entertainment. Are you... maybe seven years old and just got your first internet for your birthday? The Undertaker is NOT over rated. Was not over rated as Mean Mark Calloway, The Dead Man, The American Bad Ass... Hell, he could don the Doink the Clown costume and not be over rated. He has performed, giving life and limb for our benefit for FREAKING YEARS. And I have marked out like a school girl for Justin Beiber ever since he debuted in the WWF in Harford, Connecicut (yeah I was there as a lil kiddo). He may work a reduced schedule now-days... but his body can only handle so much anymore. Get a life homeboy... You have started a very...very...very...bad thread.

Sigh your name speaks volumes for you already Mouthy Idiot lol. Are you on crack at his age and how his game kept improving over the years like a fine wine something must be wrong with you his dedication to the business gave him that status u must and i repeat must be on crack, so i suggest you stop smoking what ever u are on.

The thing that gets me is that he gets to be gone for months at a time and step right into the main event at WM. How is that fair? Everybody in the world worships this dude and I dont get it. .

Um he only missed 1 WrestleMania in since his first at WrestleMania 7 and that was because of an injury, besides that he didn't start taking time off til the last 6yrs or so. So he was full time active for the better part of 15 yrs.

He's a big guy who moves far better then any other big man in recent history, and is one of few people that have stuck with WWE through thick and thin and has been a locker room leader the whole time

Lastly he has the respect of everyone he works with, even the "best" in the business, and has faced anyone who's anyone in big match environment in the WWE and thats all that matters.

Personally i don't worship Marc Calloway, but the Undertaker character brings atmosphere and a safe bet the match won't be a stinker, and the streak is one match that will draw WrestleMania buys even if no other does.

No point repeating what others ahead of me have already said
If you can't see that, that's your opinion as deluded as it is, but obviously millions would disagree with your moronic thread.

Okay, so you apparently are not a fan of Undertaker. Is it the gimmick you dislike, or Mark Callaway as a wrestler? I mean, forget the fact that its just a gimmick, and he even said himself he wasn't a fan of it at first, but the fact of the matter is, people respond to it. He is probably the most respected person they have in the locker room in WWE besides Vince McMahon. I challenge you to find anyone who is willing to put their body, their mind, their soul, and push their own social life aside while working their ass off to entertain everyone around the world.

I mean, do you think he went out to the ring to achieve greatness on purpose to piss you off? No one is trying to make a point, they do what they love. In the inter-rim, he just HAPPENED to become one of the greatest with his udnefeated streaks at Wrestlemania. So what that its considered sports entertainment? Its what drives people. I bet if you were to speak to your hero, John Morrison, if you asked him "Who are some of your inspirations in wrestling?" More than likely, the majority of them would name Undertaker. Hell, many of them are young enough that they would have seen him for quite a few of his great moments. I feel like you are just un-informed and that is why you make those en-educated statements. I know its a board and everyone has opinions, but Undertaker, the man is the only other person besides Shawn Michaels who has seen WWE since its beginning on the televised weekly shows. I think his loyalty and drive are not anything to be scoffed at. I wonder if you would be as bold to make such remarks when actually faced with Mr. Callaway in person?

As a wrestling fan, I respect your opinion, though I strongly disagree

Now, I think what you don't understand is Mark Calaway, not The Undertaker. Everything I have ever read, heard, or saw about Mark Calaway was damn near gospel. The Undertaker, Mark, seems to be the kindest person on Earth! He gives advice when needed to younger stars, and not only advice, but his full attention. Taker has "laid down" to many upcoming stars, often times helping them in their future. He cares for the business he loves, and dedicates his life to leading the locker-room through good times and bad. Remember, when WWF was going through rough times, Taker stayed with WWE. He knew that Vince made him, and he was not going to do that to Vince. Mark Calaway is a genuine great guy, think about that.

Ill admit Taker wasn't the greatest wrestler till Mankind came in and feuded with Taker. Undertaker has had some amazing matches with Shawn, Bret, HHH, Austin, and so many great superstars. Nowadays, Taker's body is winding down. He has had many injuries due to his love for the industry. But, have you seen a man, well into his 40s, 7 feet tall and near 300lbs, jump over a rope nearly 6 feet high without touching nor using his hands, and trust somebody to catch him as he falls from that height on very hard padding. Taker is a great wrestler! Shawn Micheals wasn't no Bryan Danielson, and he is considered the greatest if all time. Taker is very technical wrestler when he needs to, and he can fly when possible, and he is one of the strongest men in the business ever.

The gimmmick.......need I say more.....greatest gimmick ever!

To quote Jericho, "Taker is like Madonna, he is always evolving and staying fresh." Hope u enjoyed my long yet thoughtful post!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS THREAD!!

i totally agree with you but sadly we're not many.

Taker has been an incredibly overrated wrestler for the longest time, even when the company was huge, he was never the main draw nor was he the face of the company. You know it's true

Even more pathetic, is his most recent runs, that probably last 2 months at max, in which he buries any sort of talent that challenges him (punk anyone? he beat him in squash matches after having one of the best rivalries with hardy)

The man should hang em up and call it a day.

LOL OMFG

clearly some ufc cain velasquez fan got on the wreslting forums to bash taker not knowing anything about wreslting.

Just like everyone stated taker is a wreslting god whoc iconic status can compare or surpass the likes of rock austin hogan.

Hes a big man who when he was younger could fly over the top rope among other things.

Yes hes been buried alive a number of times but hey its part of the gimmick.

Go back to watching ufc you idiot

Taker has been an incredibly overrated wrestler for the longest time, even when the company was huge, he was never the main draw nor was he the face of the company. You know it's true

Even more pathetic, is his most recent runs, that probably last 2 months at max, in which he buries any sort of talent that challenges him (punk anyone? he beat him in squash matches after having one of the best rivalries with hardy)

Not being the face of a company doesn't mean you're then overrated. Kurt Angle was never the face of the company in WWF/WWE either.

He no way buried Punk. He didn't disappear off the map considering how he dominated the Royal Rumble match for a bit and had a good feud with Mysterio.

I've been a reader and visitor here for along time, but this topic - I had to register and respond.

I don't personally care for the Undertaker gimmick, I do believe the guy behind the gimmick is a true star. Everything I've read has been top notch with talent backstage and on air. You certainly don't heard all positive that often.

As with his looks and women, I don't care. My mother thinks he's good looking, so what? I Give zero Fs

While I dislike the gimmick I enjoy the entertainment, and hope to see more for many years.

Are you serious squash matches lol you too are on crack son even a loss to undertaker means something in this business and he never pushed not a huge draw do you realize that he has main-evented ppvs even though they where title matches lol you make me laugh son. You and the mouthy idiot talked so much rubbish that i for got to punctuate my post but i guess this kinda response is suited for a stupid post like yours lol.

LOL OMFG

clearly some ufc cain velasquez fan got on the wreslting forums to bash taker not knowing anything about wreslting.

Just like everyone stated taker is a wreslting god whoc iconic status can compare or surpass the likes of rock austin hogan.

Hes a big man who when he was younger could fly over the top rope among other things.

Yes hes been buried alive a number of times but hey its part of the gimmick.

Go back to watching ufc you idiot

Great stuff man and now that you talk about it the mouthy idiot said he never put over anyone but names like MR.Kennedy and Heidenrich come to mind just to name a few i mean he practically endorsed John Cena and Orlando Jordan. And to top things off he created matches and the put over guys in them never winning a single one of his gimmick matches with the exception of hell in a cell.

:wtf::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:Man you must be new to wrestling for posting this. Ok you say the Undertaker is overrated? Lol the guy has been wrestling for at least 20 years, has been champion on both Smackdown and Raw, he would be a champion in a matter of seconds in TNA if he was there. Its not because he is overrated, its because he is respected. He had matches with nearly ever big wrestler in the industry(Flair, Hogan, HBK, HHH, Nash, Jeff Hardy, Austin, Bret Hart etc...).The reason he takes breaks from time to time is because 1 he is over 40 2 because he has ben wrestling since 1990,try to wrestle for that long and at his age and tell me how it feels.:rolleyes: The reason he gets hot chicks is because unlike you maybe he has a good personality in real life and also has some brains.:lol:

His wrestling ability in the last couple years has been overrated by fans due to his awesomeness pre-09. Take a peek at his last title run which was pretty shit. Fans would rather retain their nostalgic memories of Taker in his prime rather than realize how stale and boring his character and in ring work has become. Taker's unique, the greatest gimmick triumph in the history of wrestling was legitimizing Taker and it's a testament to Mark Calaway how no one has ever questioned the Undertakers persona though it doesn't change the current situation with Take. It's unfortunate but after Shawn in 09 excluding Mania 010 Taker hasn't impressed me one bit with his matches.

Good thing I have no rep to lose. I have split opinions. The Undertaker gimmick made Mark Calloway, despite how ridiculous it looked on paper. It was scary to kids and made him a legitimate main eventer. The Undertaker was huge, not Mark Calloway. Having said that, Mark Calloway made the Undertaker evolve from a main eventer to legendary. Whether it be him showing loyalty, putting others over (which he did), the streak, or his overall ability, Mark Calloway/The Undertaker became a legend but without the gimmick to kick it off, who knows if anyone would have known the name "Mark Calloway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back