the new mark henry

flaboy

Dark Match Winner
Personally i like mark henry i think he is one of the most underrated and under used superstar in wwe and it is time for a big push. hes been around for a long time and hes not getting any younger plus id rather watch him as champ rather than the usual hhh cena batista. i truely believe he couldbeone of the next world champs in the near future instead of someone like mvp or someone. so how bout it y doesnt he desrve it, its time for a new face to be champ.

First off, I doubt he's going to be a champion. He's basically there tonight to punish orton for what he's done. He won't get a shot at the title at NOC, and i doubt its coming anytime soon. But it does give him some momentum where he could fued with Kofi for the US title, but the thing i don't like about Henry is that its always the same format for all his matches, plus he's pretty slow, so i doubt he'll be champion. I seriously think that it would kill the ratings for MNR(monday night raw) if he did win it. Even a PPV match with him in it wouldn't draw that big he's just a main event jobber like Show imo

I have to agree, I think Mark Henry could be a new player in the ME field. ME jobber, I don't think so, I think he could be a believable champion (he had a nice run in ECW), especially with the way he looked against Orton. Been a long time since Mark was a face too so this could be good.

Mark Henry needs to bring out the Sexual Chocolate to be over again. We all miss the love connections with Mae Young and Chyna. Anytime WWE tries to push a gimmick such as "The World's Strongest Man" the viewing audience disapears. It's been 13 years since he was declared the World's Strongest Man anyways. I'm pretty sure there have been tons of younger guys that have earned that title now. That's like calling Ken Shamrock or Mike Tyson The Most Dangerous Man today.

I freakin' hate Mark Henry. I was so disappointed when I found out he was going to be on Raw. If only it was Christian and not Henry, everything would've been great in my humble opinion. I don't know why, but, I just don't like Mark Henry at all. Not as a heel, not as a face, just not at all. Henry and Koslov should start a tag team called "No One Gives a Fuck About Us and We Should Fuck Off" and job to everyone including Hornswaggle and Funaki. The N.O.G.F.A.U.W.S.F.O. can even job to the divas and then be released and I'd be happy.

I must hugely disagree with you ellisman and cheech. Mark Henry is the perfect new blood that RAW needs and everyone has been desperate for. There are not alot of big guy faces anymore. The Great Khali is the exception, but he's more for humor and fun than anything else. As for Mark being slow ellis, you don't watch enough ECW. I personally believe that Mark is going to do what they had planned for MVP and Mr. Kennedy to do, add new faces to the main event roster, which I also think Evan Bourne is for. Let's face it, The Miz, will not be vying for the title anytime soon, but Evan Bourne, could be up for it as soon as No Mercy(Hell in a Cell). I think these two and Swagger, especially if they fued him with Cena and drop The Miz, could bring the lifeblood back to RAW. I'm very excited about these trades, Mark Henry as a face being the bleeping gold of it all.

Catacomb, is it windy up on your pedestal. Stop hating and enjoy the fact that Henry is not only a big man, but also a great mic man. Remember him as ECW champion last year and just schooling Matt Hardy on the mic.

Ummm I do believe that the mark henry experiment is gonna be pretty short lived. They already have a big dude named big show. I dunno this aint goi no where

Henry is gonna be buried soon and that's what vince does.

That's my humble opinion. What y all think?

Rightphitt, I agree with you on the fact that RAW has a big guy named The Big Show, but he is the penultimate heel. Don't you think, and everyone else, that it would be nice to have a big face. Someone who isn't John Cena to face him. Matches between Show and Henry would be great, and think about it, if Henry in about a year or sooner, takes the title, then he could face anybody. The feuds don't have to keep repeating. Does anybodyagree with me, that Henry could actually be the saving grace of RAW. I can't be alone, can I? I have to say that I have this opinion not being a huge Mark Henry fan, I just really have a good feeling about him.

i too personally like Mark Henry but i dont think fans will ever accept a Henry world title reign hopefully we could see a successful US title run in the works

Did someone say Mark Henry schooled someone on mic? Could you please tell me what WWE Programing you were watching, because I dont remember seeing, or hearing anything of that sorts.

Mark Henry could be a monster, but he's been in the WWE for 10+ years, he's gotten some big pushes, but he's never gotten out of the mid card (Yes I will repeat for the 7th time the ECW Title is a Mid Card title) He still cant cut a promo to save his life, I think thats the reason why they paired him with Tony Atlas, so Tony could do the talking, and Henry could do the in ring work.

I'm open to some new faces on Raw, and in the Main Event. I'm really just ready for Triple H vs Orton to be over, but more so for Triple H to leave the main event

Ok Henry may not be the MVP of ECW and without a doubt he is in the midcard but that doesn´t mean that he has not improved over the years.

I liked his work in the ECW so far and it´s no coincidence that he´s getting pushed at least once a year.

He is big and he is spectacular to watch and with Atlas as a manager he has someone to speak for him, there´s nothing wrong with that, hell even Rick Rude had Heenan and Rude really didn´t lack charisma at all.

I don't like Mark Henry, never have and likely never will and yes he has improved but he is still slow as hell, he has no character and I can't remember ever seeing him look good or make anybody else look good, that being said i'd much rather see him face anyone on RAW than another Otrton vs HHH match.
They need to change up his gimmick a little, have him in an actual feud/storyline so we the fans have a reason to care about his matches, there's only so many times we can watch a Henry squash match with no purpose behind it and stay interested.

Did anyone see or hear the reaction Mark Henry received when he smiled and shook his finger? That was a pretty big pop for Mark Henry who just last week was a heel facing Evan Bourne. I think fans are ready to see Mark Henry in the Main Event. I also have to say, when he did that, I marked out like crazy. I was expecting Mark to do the same thing that Jack did and after seeing another predictable John Cena match, I was pretty angry/disappointed with RAW, but Mark Henry changed my mood the instant he grabbed the ref's hand. If no one else is ready for Mark Henry, I am.

Did someone say Mark Henry schooled someone on mic? Could you please tell me what WWE Programing you were watching, because I dont remember seeing, or hearing anything of that sorts.

Mark Henry could be a monster, but he's been in the WWE for 10+ years, he's gotten some big pushes, but he's never gotten out of the mid card (Yes I will repeat for the 7th time the ECW Title is a Mid Card title) He still cant cut a promo to save his life, I think thats the reason why they paired him with Tony Atlas, so Tony could do the talking, and Henry could do the in ring work.

I'm open to some new faces on Raw, and in the Main Event. I'm really just ready for Triple H vs Orton to be over, but more so for Triple H to leave the main event

Uh, he school Matt Hardy on the promos in ECW. Tony Atlas was there just to make the monster heel look even more unbeatable. Atlas was horrible on the mic.

Mark Henry did some solid promos when he was under the "Sexual Chocolate" several years ago. He won't do that now because his music doesn't work with that gimmick. Plus the reaction he got last night was a huge surprise when he grabbed the ref's arm to stop the 10 count and put his finger up to say "No way".

If he continues to get the reactions he got last night, I could see him as World Champion. It's a wait and see project.

No,No,No,No,NO,NO. Does anyone not rember WWE trying to push Henry in the main event scene back in late 05 to early 06 back on smackdown. The guy could not put on a decent match to save his life. Take the RR 2006 back when he faced Kurt Angle. The matched sucked. I can see Henery falling back in the midcard scene in 3 weeks.

Ok Henry may not be the MVP of ECW and without a doubt he is in the midcard but that doesn´t mean that he has not improved over the years.

I liked his work in the ECW so far and it´s no coincidence that he´s getting pushed at least once a year.

He is big and he is spectacular to watch and with Atlas as a manager he has someone to speak for him, there´s nothing wrong with that, hell even Rick Rude had Heenan and Rude really didn´t lack charisma at all.

I guess you also didn't notice that Atlas was not there last night. I doubt we will see Atlas with him anymore. They were already hinting at this on ECW because he was costing Henry matches.

Plus the ECW Title isn't as much about the heavyweights if you go all the way back to 1993. Sure, guys like Kane, Big Show, and Mark Henry held the belt, but I don't think we will see another big monster hold the belt for a while unless it's Koslov, but he's got no charisma.

Did anyone see or hear the reaction Mark Henry received when he smiled and shook his finger? That was a pretty big pop for Mark Henry who just last week was a heel facing Evan Bourne. I think fans are ready to see Mark Henry in the Main Event. I also have to say, when he did that, I marked out like crazy. I was expecting Mark to do the same thing that Jack did and after seeing another predictable John Cena match, I was pretty angry/disappointed with RAW, but Mark Henry changed my mood the instant he grabbed the ref's hand. If no one else is ready for Mark Henry, I am.

You're not the only one who is ready to Henry to jump into the title picture. It's a fresh face, and a deserving one.

Now let's see what happens next week and his reaction. I think the reaction he gets will determine if MVP stays in the main event picture as a face or heel for a while.

If Kali can get a world title i dont see why Mark cant get atleast one. I dont think its that hard to believe that the worlds strongest man can manhandle anyone. Didn't he "world strongest slam" Big Show???

I was there last night at raw in sj...henry got a huge pop when he shook that finger and an even bigger pop with that slam on orton...he can be in the title picture against orton an start to build up his face status because he got huge pop for killing orton...for people who say he's too slow I disagree..he doesn't need speed to be dominate or be exciting..henry as a face and in the title hunt will be great

I doubt Henry is going to be used as a jobber on Raw. Regardless of the particular circumstances surrounding it, Henry has a pinfall fictory over the reigning WWE Champion. Turning Henry into a jobber will make Orton look like an even weaker champion than he already does.

I have to admit that I was surprised how big Henry's pop was last night. Maybe it was just the situation of knowing that Randy Orton was going to get run over or maybe the guy is genuinely over. I dunno. Either way, anything is an improvement over the one dimenstional, brooding angry man that Henry's been portraying the past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back