• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Live Discussion: NHL Playoffs

Detroit is not going to the finals. They are a very good team, and they always go far in the playoffs, but they never (as of late) actually win the cup. So I see the finals for the cup being the Penguins, against the Stars.

Detroit is not going to the finals. They are a very good team, and they always go far in the playoffs, but they never (as of late) actually win the cup. So I see the finals for the cup being the Penguins, against the Stars.

*sigh*:disappointed:

Detroit won there last Cup in 2001-02, Dallas last won it in 1998-99, so I really don't see your point, it doesn't matter what they did last year or any other year before in the playoffs, this is a completely different team, than from years past, lets take the SB for example, the Giants hadn't done shit in the playoffs before this year, and they ended up winning the damn thing

*sigh*:disappointed:

Detroit won there last Cup in 2001-02, Dallas last won it in 1998-99, so I really don't see your point, it doesn't matter what they did last year or any other year before in the playoffs, this is a completely different team, than from years past, lets take the SB for example, the Giants hadn't done shit in the playoffs before this year, and they ended up winning the damn thing

but remember Justin, the NFL is scripted.

u guys cant use the old "doesnt get far in the playoffs" argument anymore...DALLAS AND DETROIT HAVE BOTH PROVEN THEMSELVES this year and both deserve to be where they are at. I see Detroit taking this...no offense Wes...I said very very very very tired....4 fucking overtimes....as JR would say GOOD GOD KING.....Penguins take out the Flyers in 5 and then Sports Illustrated has their Stanley Cup Title Game. SI has never been right so that would be a first (SI said Detroit-Pittsburgh)

Pittsburgh in 6.. its a rival. its going to be a hard fought series.

I still say Detroit in 6. The tired argument is horrible. 4 days of rest, well not rest but at least a day off. I still think Detroit advances because i believe they are better. But it will be a hard fought series.

then Detroit dismantles PGH in 6.

ah the Devil :(

Yeah ok, 4 days of rest obviously means nothing :rolleyes:

Yeah, as much as I hate it, I have to agree, Dallas won't be as tired as you think Hayek, they have four days off, it's not like they are playing tomarrow or something, and Detroit will have been away from action for over a week, it's possible they are come into game one looking kinda rusty, but they'll win the series in 5-6 games

Meh, I see it as Detroit's offense can't get going with the Dallas D pwnage. We played well against them during the season as well. Although it doesn't mean much, DIAR would say otherwise.

Dallas in 6. We'll take it at home up 3-2. But be destroyed in 5 by Pitt.

:(

Meh, I see it as Detroit's offense can't get going with the Dallas D pwnage. We played well against them during the season as well. Although it doesn't mean much, DIAR would say otherwise.

Dallas in 6. We'll take it at home up 3-2. But be destroyed in 5 by Pitt.

:(

The same Dallas D that you said was shit last night, the same Dallas D that blew a 2-0 lead in game 5?, is that the Dallas D you think is gonna stop a Detroit Offense that is averaging 3.6 goals per game?

the pens defense played horrible Sunday afternoon because they blew a 2-0 lead. Fleury played horrible because he blew a lead :rolleyes:. blowing a lead doesnt mean the defense played horrible. that shit just haooens

the pens defense played horrible Sunday afternoon because they blew a 2-0 lead. Fleury played horrible because he blew a lead :rolleyes:. blowing a lead doesnt mean the defense played horrible. that shit just haooens

It does when you're up 2-0 and about to win the series, and blow the lead in the 3rd period and then lose the game in just over a minute in OT

So thats playing bad defense? Dont you know that Sharks team was hungry? They were playing to play another day. You cant sit back, you're desperate. So maybe the Sharks played well at the end of the game?

yeah, arent playoff OT's 20 minutes long, and if so, they basically played two games in one night.

whatever...okay so maybe the tired argument is dead but the fact is that Detroit has been playing consistent hockey all year long and are undefeated at home in the playoffs....if that continues...Red Wings win....simple as that...continuity and playing to their strentghs which would be Datsyuk, Lindstrom and John Franzen. Plus goalie Chris Osgood

We'll see. I don't know any other team outside of San Jose and Pittsburgh that are as good, when on fire, then Dallas is. Det is a one dimensional team IMO.

If they get hot, they'll take it if Detroit does any flopping whatsoever.

I dont know. i'm torn between. I dont see a lot of the western conference on tv, so i really dont know. Dallas played their hearts out in game 6, even when they were battling through adversity. Playing basically 2 and 1/3 game. they played over 120 minutes worth of hockey. That shows something, no matter who wins, it will be a hard fought series.

Besides, Dallas showed a lot, especially on the defensive end, and Turco was amazing, spectacular, and simply phenomenal.

Defense wins championships. They're sound defensively, and having a "proven" goalie always helps.

That was also one of those CLUTCH games that you HAD TO WIN.

And we came through. That must say something.

exactly. the pens were in that situation, they lose game five at home, they go back to MSG, a place where they usually suck. They blow a two goal lead in the 3rd period and battle back. it shows a lot. their defense turned it up a notch and made a play when they needed to.

that shows something. It was a must win for the rangers and the sharks, and their opponents closed the door on em, through defense and goaltending.

Wes, remember the Fleury bashing on MSN that one time? gosh we were so wrong.

i did too. i wont deny that. He was our best penalty killer. he made some crucial saves, and played well throughout the playoffs. he's leading in like every goaltending category, and if he isn't #1, he's #2. Gosh, we were so wrong about him.

at least for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back