Live Discussion 2/17/2008: No Way Out

PPV wasnt too bad.

Predictable, but thats how it usually is going into Wrestlemania, as the matches need shaping.

Personally I think it's basically confirmed a Mania card for me headlined by the two title matches

WWE Title -- Orton (c) vs Cena vs Triple H
World Heavyweight Title -- Edge (c) vs Undertaker

Them two matches to be joined by

Finlay vs Vince
Money In The Bank (Jeff, Shelton, Kennedy, + 3 others (maybe Y2J and JBL depending on if they have a singles match)
Mayweather/Big Show stuff
MVP vs Matt Hardy
Flair's Last Match vs Shawn Michaels
JBL vs Chris Jericho?

Big Show thing was a good surprise. And the whole segment was done exceptionally well.

Apart from that every winner to the matches was predicted by most people.

Mania will be like dis.

HHH vs Cena vs RKO

Hardy vs HBK

Batista vs Flair

JBL vs Jericho (Bullrope match?)

Finlay vs McMoron (Gimmick)

Show vs Mayweather Brawl for All

MITB

MVP vs M. Hardy

Edge vs Taker.

Good card IMO.

PPV wasnt too bad.

Predictable, but thats how it usually is going into Wrestlemania, as the matches need shaping.

Personally I think it's basically confirmed a Mania card for me headlined by the two title matches

WWE Title -- Orton (c) vs Cena vs Triple H
World Heavyweight Title -- Edge (c) vs Undertaker

Them two matches to be joined by

Finlay vs Vince
Money In The Bank (Jeff, Shelton, Kennedy, + 3 others (maybe Y2J and JBL depending on if they have a singles match)
Mayweather/Big Show stuff
MVP vs Matt Hardy
Flair's Last Match vs Shawn Michaels
JBL vs Chris Jericho?

I can almost agree with you but i see this.

Jeff Hardy vs HBK

Ric Flair vs Batista ( I dont know why, but it would be friend ending friend)

MITB ( Shelton, Kennedy, Morrison, Punk, ??,??

HHH, Cena, Orton

Edge vs UT

JBL vs Jericho

Vince vs Finlay

Mayweather vs Big show (boxing Match)

MVP vs Hardy

Okay show in my opinion.

I enjoyed Chavo and Punk's PPV outing more than their tv ones. Maybe it was just seeing Chavo do something more than Eddie tribute moves for a change. Short, but that was expected with a stacked card.

I kind of like the Smackdown chamber match. Thankfully, the crap (V and Khali) didn't last long, but I'd of been just fine with a normal Taker/Batista blowoff match.

Kennedy/Flair was typical work the injured bodypart stuff that makes sense but isn't that exciting. Nothing great, and I expected Flair to win here.

I didn't expected much from Rey/Edge given Rey's legit injury. It was okay for what it was, and I hope the post match segment was just filler and doesn't mean were getting a celeb vs. wrestler match for Mania. Liked the segment, wouldn't want to see a match, though. As far as the match goes, I enjoyed it. Hard to rate a match that has a legit injured guy in it, though.

Cena/Orton was SOS. Crowd was into it and it wasn't crap, but I want to know where everything Orton learned in OVW went. Same for Cena.

Raw elimination chamber was entertaining, though predictable.

Not bad, somewhat entertaining show, but I guess I shouldn't expected too much from "the big time in sports entertainment". Don't get me wrong, I don't hate WWE to oblivion, I just see a product that could be so much more. Plus its 40 bucks in this case. Thank god for friends (and ones who will pay while I supply a few 24 packs of beer).

Id rather have Hardy in the MITB match as Mania, as he'd be the crowd favourite, and the most logical one to have as the winner, thus giving him the title shot, anytime for a year which would do him well as he may need that to thrust him back into the Main Event picture seeing as the likes of Triple H, Orton, Cena, JBL, Y2J, HBK are all involved, and if Triple H turns heel and feuds with Cena throughout the year, Jeff always has that option to turn up and win the Title whenever which is good for him, and for WWE in my opinion

I don't understand why people are complaining about it being predictable. No
Way Out is almost always predictable, it's the last PPV before WM, and half the card has already been teased or strongly hinted at.

I see WM looking like this:

Cena vs. HHH vs. Orton

Edge vs. Undertaker

Vince vs. Finlay (Street Fight)

Big Show vs. Floyd Merrywether (boxing match)

MVP vs. Matt Hardy

JBL vs. Chris Jericho (Texas Bullrope Match, playing off the hangings angle)

Batista vs. Ric Flair (Vince makes a Loser Retires Match, to motivate Batista)

Jeff Hardy vs. Shawn Michaels

MITB(Kennedy, Shelton, Umaga, Kofi, Kane, Miz, Morrison, and Rey if he can compete, if not then probably Khali, Henry, or Big Daddy V)

Candice Michelle vs. Beth Phoenix

CM Punk vs. Chavo Guerrero (possible gimmick match)

Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes vs. Santino Marella & Carlito (most likely a dark match)

The worst part of the night was easily the Flair match.

Vince: "Here's a good idea. Let's have Kennedy dominate the whole match, and then have Flair do some chop blocks and apply the figure four."

DUMBBBBB

Well, I agree with about the Women's match, but it's gonna happen anyway.
But they gotta have Santino at Mania, so its either gonna be him in a segment or a tag team match, and I'd rather see him cut a promo and then wrestle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back