• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kurt Angle Arrested For DWI

Am I missing this story? I mean, I read it on TMZ, but it's been posted since 4:30 and no mention on Wrestlezone? I would have thought Paglino's fake sources would be blowing up his phone!

Am I missing this story? I mean, I read it on TMZ, but it's been posted since 4:30 and no mention on Wrestlezone? I would have thought Paglino's fake sources would be blowing up his phone!

Wrestlezone is probably not on the ball then, because there's a mugshot too.

I've saw it on many other websites, so it's not some story made up by a forum member, it's legit. But, I'm giving Angle a day for the "don't believe the police reports, believe me!"

Where is EVERYONE'S SANITY AT HERE? You all must not have a real, professional job, or you all are to young to work. Why is it ANY OF OUR BUSINESS WHAT KURT ANGLE DOES IN HIS PRIVATE LIFE??? :banghead:

I work in a hospital. I could get loaded every night of the week and as long as it doesn't affect my job then it doesn't matter! It is ONLY WHEN/ IF I SHOW UP TO WORK COMPLETELY TRASHED!!! Then it is a problem...

Everyone in here needs to take that high horse/ moral majority BS and leave it at the door! As long as Kurt's personal life is not affecting his professional life then let the man drink as much as he wants to... Jesus effing Christ!!!

I don't care about TNA and what they do to him, this guy obviously has a major problem with alcohol, and than driving while drunk... He should at the very very least lose his license, and hopefully get a decent amount of time in jail. He obviously doesn't care about the lives of others, and only thinks about himself and his ability to, "have a good time". In my mind there is no difference between a person who walks into a crowded room blindfolded and starts shooting off a machine gun and a person who drinks and drives. they both knowingly put every life they come across in jeopardy without any regard for anything but there own amusement and fun.

the simple fact is that he has been arrested for this same thing too many times for it to always be a mistake and that "we should wait till the facts come out before we make judgment" (and you KNOW that he will be tweeting that sometime soon... again). But, as always, NOTHING will happen, because Drink Driving isn't much of a crime in this country (mostly because most of the people who make the laws are drunks themselves) and it will take him actually killing someone before something major will happen too him, and even then it will be minimalized down to vehicular manslaughter, something else ridiculous like that, WHEN it does finally happens.

Some of these responses to this are so ridiculous you wonder if 80% are writing story-lines for TNA. You know... computers do have a spellcheck. I recommend some of you use it.

Kurt has clearly got issues. Which is a shame because he is EASILY one of ten most gifted wrestlers of all time. But he's TNA's golden boy. He's all they have as far as any kind of actual talent behind AJ Styles and a few others. When you're a floundering company like TNA, you need all the help you can get. Here, it's Angle. It's almost pathetic the things they have to do to keep any talent. That's why they didn't even have to cough before they rid themselves of Fat Matt Hardy. He's actually replaceable. But they let Jeff come back, Kurt come back after numerous DUIs, and letting a 60 yr. old man in Ric Flair still perform in the ring.

TNA won't make an example of Angle because they can't afford to. It's as simple as that. They'll pretend like it never happened. But if Angle would hurt someone else in one of his drunken driving incidents, it's going to come down tenfold upon TNA for not doing anything about it sooner. Honestly, they're screwed either way. Should they make an example of Angle? Yes. But will they? No.

As long as Kurt's personal life is not affecting his professional life then let the man drink as much as he wants to... Jesus effing Christ!!!

I don't think its the drinking that people have a problem with, because if he was JUST drinking than shit, I'm with you, I could give a flying fuck what he does, but the fact is that he chooses to DRIVE after he drinks, and THAT is peoples concern, because at that point he his putting EVERYONES life in danger that he comes across

The Angle apologists on here need to realize that DWI does involve others. Anybody who has lost a family member to a drunk driver knows this all too well, and for your sake, I hope you are just trolling and not THAT stupid.

As for Angle, I'm sure it wasn't his fault. Someone must have hacked his breathalyzer.

This disgusts me on multiple levels...

TNA will probably do nothing about it and he will continue to headline TNA. Matt was made an example of, why not make a bigger and actually intimidating statement about their wellness policies?

This man is going to represent our country next? *shakes head* Why? Is this the image we want to portray?

This puts TNA in a tight spot here. Unfortunately I see them looking the other way and allowing Kurt Angle stay on board. He's too important. If TNA does however do something about it I would be thoroughly impressed and we all know the goal of any organization is to impress me. haha

I don't think its the drinking that people have a problem with, because if he was JUST drinking than shit, I'm with you, I could give a flying fuck what he does, but the fact is that he chooses to DRIVE after he drinks, and THAT is peoples concern, because at that point he his putting EVERYONES life in danger that he comes across

The problem is that there are reports out there right now that say that Angle blew a 0.06, which is below the legal limit... Don't give me all of this BS about putting people's lives in danger. How many people in here (who are actually of driving age) don't fuck with the radio while they are driving? Or talk on their cell phone, text, light a smoke up, etc...? Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe Angle had a drink or two, and was possibly fucking with his radio or texting on his cell phone and that is why his car swerved a few times? Has anyone even really looked at his "mugshot" photo? He doesn't look trashed at all.

Some posters here are out of their mind.

If a WWE champion, let alone their WORLD champion, had been arrested for DUI multiple times, do you think they'd just brush it off and do nothing? Of course fucking not. They're a business. They have sponsors, they have a fan base, and they have an image to protect. You can guarantee there'd be severe repercussions and that person would likely be stripped of the title quickly, even one of their top stars.

Its the same with any sports team. They're representing the company even when they're not performing. When you're an athlete and you're part of a company that's how it works. This isn't a regular job, someone like Kurt Angle whose the champion is the FACE of the company. What kind of second rate company is fine with having their top star, the man whose a reflection of them, as some drunken asshole who drives and endangers peoples lives? And this isn't even one random incident, its happened multiple times. And before Kurt Angle there was the druggie Jeff Hardy in legal trouble.

TNA's just lucky they're so insignificant and under the radar that very few care.

Where is EVERYONE'S SANITY AT HERE? You all must not have a real, professional job, or you all are to young to work. Why is it ANY OF OUR BUSINESS WHAT KURT ANGLE DOES IN HIS PRIVATE LIFE???

Personally I could not care less what Kurt Angle does in his private life. If he wants to stay in the comfort of his own home and get hammered seven days a week, I really could not care less, and I even don't care what type of impact this would have on his professional life. What I do care about is when he gets behind the wheel of his car after he has been drinking, because then it is very much my business, as well as the business of everyone else. Because when he does so, he potentially threatens me, my kids, my family, my friends, and plenty of other innocent bystanders. That's where my sanity is. And I say this from the perspective of someone who is certainly old enough to work, who has a real, professional job.

I work in a hospital. I could get loaded every night of the week and as long as it doesn't affect my job then it doesn't matter! It is ONLY WHEN/ IF I SHOW UP TO WORK COMPLETELY TRASHED!!! Then it is a problem...

I'd like to know how you could theoretically get loaded every night of the week and have it not affect your job at a hospital. I'd also like to know what city you live in, what hospital you work at, and what you do there, because if you are getting loaded every night of the week, or are showing up there completely trashed, I think I might drive right on past that hospital and take my chances on the next one.

Everyone in here needs to take that high horse/ moral majority BS and leave it at the door! As long as Kurt's personal life is not affecting his professional life then let the man drink as much as he wants to... Jesus effing Christ!!!

It's got nothing to do with high horse/moral majority BS. Kurt Angle's private life is definitely affecting his professional life, Jesus man just look at him! But I don't even care about that as I have already lost all respect for the man on a personal and a professional basis, and as far as I am concerned, he can drink as much as he wants to, as many evenings as he chooses to do so. But stay the hell out of your car and keep away from being behind the wheel of it. Because then it's an issue of the potential effect it has on the other innocent people he happens upon at some point in the future. I wouldn't want myself or my kids to be just another statistic at the hands of Kurt Angle the next time we are visiting Florida. That's not moral billshit, that's reality.

The only thing I see online about his BAC is that the .06 was according to a "fan" and should in no way be taken as fact. And the cell example is a dumb one, if talking on a cellphone while driving is illegal in your state, then cops should bust people for that, too.

The problem is that there are reports out there right now that say that Angle blew a 0.06, which is below the legal limit... Don't give me all of this BS about putting people's lives in danger. How many people in here (who are actually of driving age) don't fuck with the radio while they are driving? Or talk on their cell phone, text, light a smoke up, etc...? Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe Angle had a drink or two, and was possibly fucking with his radio or texting on his cell phone and that is why his car swerved a few times? Has anyone even really looked at his "mugshot" photo? He doesn't look trashed at all.

So, Your defense of Angle is that he might have been texting (or in Angle's case, drunk tweeting) on top of drinking? and that somehow makes it better? uhhh... seriously? I'm at a loss right now...

Personally I could not care less what Kurt Angle does in his private life. If he wants to stay in the comfort of his own home and get hammered seven days a week, I really could not care less, and I even don't care what type of impact this would have on his professional life. What I do care about is when he gets behind the wheel of his car after he has been drinking, because then it is very much my business, as well as the business of everyone else. Because when he does so, he potentially threatens me, my kids, my family, my friends, and plenty of other innocent bystanders. That's where my sanity is. And I say this from the perspective of someone who is certainly old enough to work, who has a real, professional job.

I'd like to know how you could theoretically get loaded every night of the week and have it not affect your job at a hospital. I'd also like to know what city you live in, what hospital you work at, and what you do there, because if you are getting loaded every night of the week, or are showing up there completely trashed, I think I might drive right on past that hospital and take my chances on the next one.

It's got nothing to do with high horse/moral majority BS. Kurt Angle's private life is definitely affecting his professional life, Jesus man just look at him! But I don't even care about that as I have already lost all respect for the man on a personal and a professional basis, and as far as I am concerned, he can drink as much as he wants to, as many evenings as he chooses to do so. But stay the hell out of your car and keep away from being behind the wheel of it. Because then it's an issue of the potential effect it has on the other innocent people he happens upon at some point in the future. I wouldn't want myself or my kids to be just another statistic at the hands of Kurt Angle the next time we are visiting Florida. That's not moral billshit, that's reality.

First of all, it is NOT illegal to drink and drive! It IS ILLEGAL TO DRINK TOO MUCH AND THEN DRIVE! The reports say that Kurt blew a 0.06... that is NOT over the legal limit! So by the very LETTER OF THE LAW, Kurt did not endanger you or anyone else on the highway because of his drinking...

Secondly, I was using "getting loaded every night" as an example, NOT as fact... I do not get "loaded" every night. Most people cannot function like that. However, there are people out there who do function perfectly fine (at least in the short term) and get loaded every night and work professional jobs.

Yes I agree 100% with shafe_41. The wrestling business is a completely different monster. Like I said in my last post TNA can't afford to lose Kurt. Kurt is by far the best Superstar not only in TNA but frankly in the world right now.

Now for all the people that think Kurt should be given some type of punishment lets analyze this here. Lets just say TNA was to give Kurt a suspension with pay, make him do assembly appearances etc. You know for a fact Kurt won't like that one bit and REMEMBERR.....he still hasn't signed a long tern deal with TNA yet!! You know that if at any point he gets mad at TNA, he'll remember that come contract time and will think twice before he re-signs with Dixie. Kurt even said that he hasn't ruled out a return to the WWE based solely on financial reasons.

So Heavyweight Champ or not, lets say Kurt gets punished by TNA because "its the right thing to do". Guess what, Kurt will get mad, not re-sign with TNA and sign with Vince McMahon. You know for a fact that Vince would take Kurt back in a heart beat. If that happens, I'd hate to see what would happen to TNA and Dixie Carter. Nobody seems to realize that as long as Kurt is with TNA, he will literally walk on water in that company. He's virtually untouchable.

Hopefully this will sink in.....

So, Your defense of Angle is that he might have been texting (or in Angle's case, drunk tweeting) on top of drinking? and that somehow makes it better? uhhh... seriously? I'm at a loss right now...

I was just using examples dude... Jesus. There is not a person in the room who has not sent a text while driving. Taking your eyes off of the road to send that text and endangering "little Jimmy's" life, HOW DARE YOU!!!

Please get off moral roller coaster. All I was saying was that there are other reasons as to why someone might have swerved while they were driving. That's it!!! This is not hard!!! When I was driving into work today I dropped a cd and when I went to pick it up my passenger tire dropped off the side of the road a little. You act like there is ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER EXPLANATION OTHER THAN ANGLE WAS FUCKED UP! Once again, look at his mugshot and tell me that he looks "fucked up"...

I was just using examples dude... Jesus. There is not a person in the room who has not sent a text while driving. Taking your eyes off of the road to send that text and endangering "little Jimmy's" life, HOW DARE YOU!!!

Please get off moral roller coaster. All I was saying was that there are other reasons as to why someone might have swerved while they were driving. That's it!!! This is not hard!!! When I was driving into work today I dropped a cd and when I went to pick it up my passenger tire dropped off the side of the road a little. You act like there is ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER EXPLANATION OTHER THAN ANGLE WAS FUCKED UP! Once again, look at his mugshot and tell me that he looks "fucked up"...

if this was an isolated incident than you MIGHT have a valid point, but it's not. he had been arrested more than once on this exact same charge.

Yes I agree 100% with shafe_41. The wrestling business is a completely different monster. Like I said in my last post TNA can't afford to lose Kurt. Kurt is by far the best Superstar not only in TNA but frankly in the world right now.

Now for all the people that think Kurt should be given some type of punishment lets analyze this here. Lets just say TNA was to give Kurt a suspension with pay, make him do assembly appearances etc. You know for a fact Kurt won't like that one bit and REMEMBERR.....he still hasn't signed a long tern deal with TNA yet!! You know that if at any point he gets mad at TNA, he'll remember that come contract time and will think twice before he re-signs with Dixie. Kurt even said that he hasn't ruled out a return to the WWE based solely on financial reasons.

So Heavyweight Champ or not, lets say Kurt gets punished by TNA because "its the right thing to do". Guess what, Kurt will get mad, not re-sign with TNA and sign with Vince McMahon. You know for a fact that Vince would take Kurt back in a heart beat. If that happens, I'd hate to see what would happen to TNA and Dixie Carter. Nobody seems to realize that as long as Kurt is with TNA, he will literally walk on water in that company. He's virtually untouchable.

Hopefully this will sink in.....

if i recall correctly, there was a report on kurt angle signed a 5 yr deal with TNA in early 2011.

First of all, it is NOT illegal to drink and drive! It IS ILLEGAL TO DRINK TOO MUCH AND THEN DRIVE! The reports say that Kurt blew a 0.06... that is NOT over the legal limit! So by the very LETTER OF THE LAW, Kurt did not endanger you or anyone else on the highway because of his drinking...

Not sure what is the source of information for you regarding Angle's BAC being "only" 0.06. All I read in the article was that he was driving erratically (which I would assume would be attributable to the alcohol in his bloodstream). I also read that he was arrested. Had he blown less than the legal limit he would not have been arrested. Had he passed the breathalyzer, there's less of an issue here, but one can assume that he did not pass the breathalyzer, otherwise he would not have been arrested and there would have been no news story. Not to mention that your ability to drive completely safely is diminished with every drink, so it could be argued that even if he were not legally impaired, he still should not have been behind the wheel if he was driving. Jesus, man, it's Kurt freaking Angle. He has tons of money. If there's any question at all about your sobriety, take a goddamn cab. Hire a chauffeur and a limousine. Call a friend. God knows you can afford it. It's not like he's some Joe Blow who is strapped for cash and might make a poor choice for financial reasons. There's no reason for someone in the position of Kurt Angle to ever put himself, and his employer, in this situation. This is a combination of arrogance and stupidity if you ask me.

Secondly, I was using "getting loaded every night" as an example, NOT as fact... I do not get "loaded" every night. Most people cannot function like that. However, there are people out there who do function perfectly fine (at least in the short term) and get loaded every night and work professional jobs.

I realize you were not suggesting you yourself were getting drunk every night and working, just yanking your chain a little while still making my point. But my point is still the same, and you, with all due respect, are totally missing the point. I don't care if he can function perfectly fine while getting loaded every night while working a professional job. He can do that to his heart's desire for all I care. But he cannot do it behind the the wheel of his car, nor can any of these other people you mention who are functioning perfectly fine under these circumstances. I don't care how well he can function while he is impaired, the fact of the matter is, if he is impaired he should not be driving, and that's all there is to it. Call a cab Angle, God knows you can afford it after all the talking you do about how lucrative a contract you have down there in TNA.

ACTUALLY I think Kurt is similar to the who CBS/ Charlie Sheen fiasco. They made sooo much money they turned a blind eye to the problem until they couldn't any longer. They need to do the same with Kurt. While they don't make the kind of money with Kurt CBS did with Sheen, enough is enough.

TNA needs a Roger Goodell type personality in TNA and remind these people that people pay their salaries and it's a privilege not right to work here. You screw over the fans who have to work even harder in this economy to afford to see the product.

Being former military, we were always held above the civilian life policy. You knew if you had a drug issue and got caught, you're gone! Same thing with an alcohol issue. One too many times you're gone!

If TNA is serious like WWE has with wellness, they need to make an example of him. Show the world you're serious!

They already have some sort of Wellness Policy, but nobody get's punished. That's the thing about TNA, carelessness. They couldn't care less if Jeff Hardy wrestled high, Angle gets two D.U.I.'s in the same year, if TNA wrestlers have to use food stamps.

You just said it,Carelessness.

If TNA was serious about taking care of their guys then crap like Angle getting arrested twice in a year wouldn't happen.

Instead they just shrug it off and keep on going.

Will the WWE fanboys take you're heads out of you're ass for once or just get out?

Matt Hardy was fired after a DWI. Desmond Wolfe failed the Wellness Policy and was suspended which also led to the info on his disease.

Saying, TNA doesn't do anything about their policy is total bullshit when they have been things done and you simply ignore it to feed you're own bullshit smarky posts.

Jeff Hardy went out there and wrestled a 1 minute match for a reason. The fact is, It would look stupid for them to cancel it and throw out some random ass person rather than put him out there and do a quick match and send him home and rehab which is what they did.

Now, Angle should get fined and suspended but the problem here is, he did this at a terrible time when he's needed the most.

Chances are he will get some sort of punishment. If, he isn't on the No Surrender card, you know why.

You know someone once said "People believe whatever they read" and in many cases I think that's true.

Haven't any of you heard of this amazing innovation in our country called the "rules of law"??? I guess you know nothing about "innocent until proven guilty"... Good grief!

Will the WWE fanboys take you're heads out of you're ass for once or just get out?

Matt Hardy was fired after a DWI. Desmond Wolfe failed the Wellness Policy and was suspended which also led to the info on his disease.

Saying, TNA doesn't do anything about their policy is total bullshit when they have been things done and you simply ignore it to feed you're own bullshit smarky posts.

Jeff Hardy went out there and wrestled a 1 minute match for a reason. The fact is, It would look stupid for them to cancel it and throw out some random ass person rather than put him out there and do a quick match and send him home and rehab which is what they did.

Now, Angle should get fined and suspended but the problem here is, he did this at a terrible time when he's needed the most.

Chances are he will get some sort of punishment. If, he isn't on the No Surrender card, you know why.

TNA doesn't do anything to TOP wrestlers. And THAT is the bullshit. Who cares if TNA let go Matt Hardy or Desmonde Wolfe? They're nobody's. Angle is a legit top guy. The company will look the other way and how is that fair? Why should he stay while Hardy and Wolfe are shown the door? Angle should be fired. Simple as that. He should get no special treatment, but he will because TNA is a complete joke of a company. They can't afford to let him go or the PPV will get even worse buyouts than they already get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back