Kurt Angle Arrested For DWI

TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle was arrested early this morning on charges of driving under the influence, TMZ.com reports.

The Olympic gold medalist was arrested by Virginia State Troopers and taken to Warren County Jail. He posted $2,000 bond and was released at 3:31 a.m.

Angle was previously arrested on March 25, 2011 in Grand Forks, North Dakota and charged with "being in control of a motor vehicle while intoxicated," after failing a field sobriety test. He later pled guilty to the charges and was on April 20 sentenced to one year of unsupervised probation, a chemical dependency evaluation, a $250 fine, $225 in court fees, and a ten day suspended jail sentence.

Kurt Angle has yet another substance problem. I think Tna will look the other way and do nothing. What do you think TNA will do? What would you do?

Kurt Angle has been arrested in Virgina on DWI charges this morning.

Heres the TMZ story on the arrest with Mugshot.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/09/04/kurt-angle-arrested-dwi-wrestling-virginia-state-troopers/

This is the second time in recent history i can think of Kurt Angle getting in trouble for Alcohol issues. He was arrested near Grand Forks, North Dakota back in March of this year. He was in town for a TNA house show (which i attended...he made bail and was at the show) I believe all those charges were dropped. Anyways my question do you think this will be the end for Kurt in TNA if convicted or is he too big of a draw for them? Remember they gave up on Matt Hardy very quickly, same day in fact after he was arrested for DWI a couple weeks ago. Is there a double standard?

Lol I just posted this like a minute before you but yeah I think that TNA will at least make him lose his next title defense and they might suspend him for a bit and thats exactly what I would do.

Oh, please, a DWI ain't shit in professional wrestling. This is far from Kurt Angle's first brush with the law, and TNA/IW knows what they are dealing with. Kurt Angle puts asses in seats; Matt Hardy keeps those asses from taking a piss halfway through the card.

either this or the other angle DWI thread will be closed i bet you.

what does it matter? he probobly will get zero consequences from tna as he always does. unlike hardy kurt angle's drunk days has a high chance of continuing. i swer i have heard this tory a dozen times

either this or the other angle DWI thread will be closed i bet you.

what does it matter? he probobly will get zero consequences from tna as he always does. unlike hardy kurt angle's drunk days has a high chance of continuing. i swer i have heard this tory a dozen times

1 question why would this be closed down if I was the 1st to report it and yes I agree that TNA will probably wont do anything but then again they might not want all bad attention with the incidents.

At least it wasn't steroids! He has to stay some kind of clean for the olympic try outs....right? This man needs help. Did you see his lips quiver last week on TV. He looks like he's tweaking big time!

How many times can he get a DWI or stalking charge and TNA do nothing? Seriously

They got rid of Matt Hardy because of a D.W.I. why not get rid of Angle too? And how about Jeff while their at it? Their all liability's that bring nothing but negative press and intolerance to themselves in the God-forsaken company that has no drug testing, and allows performers to wrestle intoxicated. I wonder when Spike TV and Panda Energy are going to step in and do something about this? It's just no good press or help to wrestling at all what this company is allowing wrestlers to do. Sure, it's not TNA's fault he was driving drunk, but it's their fault that the press and negative shit is getting thrown at them, especially after Jeff Hardy's Victory Road debacle. Common sense, get rid of him, or "them" is you want to add Jeff Hardy as well. Add this to how badly the wrestlers are treated, how bad the pay is, and how low-life the people that run the company, I can't see it being around much longer.

But, TNA will probably make him keep the Championship, becuase they can care less about stuff that's bad publicity, becuase Bischoff and Russo thinks it's "controversial" to have wrestler's driving drunk, wrestling intoxicated, having to use food stamps. not having hospital bills paid. Plus a non-existent Wellness Policy.

Lol Kurt Angle is like the Steve Howe of professional wrestling! How many times can he get arrested for a DWI or stalking charge without TNA doing something? He fills seats so I bet they do nothing at all. They may strip him of the title which means nothing he gets paid either way. :banghead:

They got rid of Matt Hardy because of a D.W.I. why not get rid of Angle too? And how about Jeff while their at it? Their all liability's that bring nothing but negative press and intolerance to themselves in the God-forsaken company that has no drug testing, and allows performers to wrestle intoxicated. I wonder when Spike TV and Panda Energy are going to step in and do something about this? It's just no good press or help to wrestling at all what this company is allowing wrestlers to do. Sure, it's not TNA's fault he was driving drunk, but it's their fault that the press and negative shit is getting thrown at them, especially after Jeff Hardy's Victory Road debacle. Common sense, get rid of him, or "them" is you want to add Jeff Hardy as well. Add this to how badly the wrestlers are treated, how bad the pay is, and how low-life the people that run the company, I can't see it being around much longer.

I agree with you 100%!!!! I used to LOVE TNA! But unfortunately once Hogan and Bischoff took over they went back to the pushing of the older wrestlers and burying the younger guys which MADE TNA stand out. So because of this TNA will sweep it under the rug. I haven't watched TNA in about 7 months so I don;t know what's going on (due to the loss of 6 sides of steel and them dumping a lot of the younger talent). I can say once they started bringing in Orlando Jones, The Nasty Boys, and others I had to quit watching.

Really Kurt Angle? In a D.U.I.? Again?

So, now what, will TNA get rid of him? Do they realize that this guy is ruining their company, and making wrestling look stupid. He's a mess, and he's completely insane. Also, add to the fact that he's TNA Champion, so I wonder how long he'll keep it? Seriously, if TNA was a logical, sane company, who make motherfuckin' sense, I would get rid of him. I mean, it's his second D.U.I. in what, 6 months? The guy couldn't care less about the health of not only fellow people, but his own health and well-being. When is TNA going to realize that Kurt has fuckin' lost his mind, and is completely out of touch with anything remotely sane and tolerable.

And this was the guy that was going to do into the Olympic's? He's not going anywhere but one a shooting rampage (or a mental hospital) if he keeps up how his life is going, which is down. This guy is intolerable of other humans lives, a stalker, a liar, and he feels the need to try and kill himself every match. And people are still fans of this man?

Kurt needs help. This is 2 times in 1 year. Get him to an AA or Rehab.

Hopefully TNA can do the right thing and tell Kurt if he's drinking they'll pay for a Taxi and keep him off the road.

TNA needs to send a message to everyone thats employed by them. Kurt should be suspended without pay for this. They fired Matt Hardy and they don't touch Kurt then its total BS in the offices. Dixie send this guy to an AA meeting or tell him to get a taxi if he's going drinking.

Surely no one is expecting that Kurt Angle is going to face any repercussions for his latest brush with the law, do you? Kurt Angle gets arrested, Kurt Angle makes a statement tomorrow or the next day denying all accusations, claiming that he was driving erratically because he was sleepy and the smell of booze filling the car was his new aftershave. Somehow or another, his annual law breaking event gets swept under yet another rug, and life goes on in the world of TNA Wrestling. TNA Wrestling is quickly becoming an organization of enablers, allowing guys like Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy a safe haven to work while continuing to spiral out of control. Don't be surprised to see Matt Hardy back with them in some capacity in the future. Shit, Scott Hall would probably still be with them if they could find a pair of wrestling trunks to fit him.

Somehow, some time, this has to stop, doesn't it? How can anyone take this company seriously when the entire organization is built on a deck of cards? It's tough enough to sell professional wrestling to the public at the best of times, but with black mark after black mark, brain cramp after brain cramp, how long before even TNA says enough is enough and puts their foot down?

I seem to real some young man named Styles who had a promising future with this company. Too bad they won't give someone like him a shot at the top of the company, rather than such guys as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, etc.,

I don't really care much for how TNA will react, but I'm more so curious to see how the people in charge of the Olympic teams will react. Knowing that he has serious notions of trying to make the U.S team, will they even let him try out with his arrest record?

I honestly wouldn't want him to represent the U.S. again with his current background. Yes he's a prior gold medalist and was suitable to represent the country at that point in time, but since then, I don't think he deserves that prestigious position.
Look at Michael Phelps. Great swimmer... easily the best in the world. But he was caught with weed and everyone flipped out. Kurt Angle should receive no less of judgment. Don't let him represent the U.S.

nice representation of your World Heavyweight Champion TNA

I'm sure no consequences will be thrown towards Angle's way... AGAIN

Maybe until he gets into his car a 3rd time loaded and kills someone right?

Never mind TNA, the US Olympic Committee should just close the door on this guy. Don't even give him a tryout or anything. Not like he really had much of a chance to make the team as it is, but there is no way he should even get the chance to make the team now.

Never mind TNA, the US Olympic Committee should just close the door on this guy. Don't even give him a tryout or anything. Not like he really had much of a chance to make the team as it is, but there is no way he should even get the chance to make the team now.

Yeah, that's the funny part. He has a snowball chance in hell of getting even tested by the Olympic committee, much less being a possible contender. He's probably an afterthought now in the Olympic Committee, because, well, Kurt is becoming an embarrassment.

The Olympic's are just some place you go and wrestle, their a highly respected organization.

Ok nobody gets it here in this forum. Everybody can say state that Kurt should be suspended, Kurt should do this, Dixie should do this....blah blah blah. Look Matt Hardy was let go by TNA because of his problems. Does Kurt have problems, most likely yes but guess what....Kurt Angle is a huge superstar in TNA right now and has been the last 3-4 years. If you take Kurt away from TNA, who knows what could happen during that time.

To make a long story short, Matt Hardy's career was over a long time ago...why you may ask..because he never shuts his mouth. If he would've played politics in WWE he might have became a bigger superstar than his brother ever was.

With all the negative things surrounding Matt, it just wasn't worth it financially and internally to keep him around in TNA. So TNA did what they had to do. Plus lets just face it, bringing in Matt was going to be a high risk low reward situation anyway.

So to really sum everything up in a nutshell...Kurt Angle is a huge superstar and unfortunately Matt Hardy isn't. Thats why Matt was let go and Kurt will most likely get a slap on the wrist.

Ok nobody gets it here in this forum. Everybody can say state that Kurt should be suspended, Kurt should do this, Dixie should do this....blah blah blah. Look Matt Hardy was let go by TNA because of his problems. Does Kurt have problems, most likely yes but guess what....Kurt Angle is a huge superstar in TNA right now and has been the last 3-4 years. If you take Kurt away from TNA, who knows what could happen during that time.

To make a long story short, Matt Hardy's career was over a long time ago...why you may ask..because he never shuts his mouth. If he would've played politics in WWE he might have became a bigger superstar than his brother ever was.

With all the negative things surrounding Matt, it just wasn't worth it financially and internally to keep him around in TNA. So TNA did what they had to do. Plus lets just face it, bringing in Matt was going to be a high risk low reward situation anyway.

So to really sum everything up in a nutshell...Kurt Angle is a huge superstar and unfortunately Matt Hardy isn't. Thats why Matt was let go and Kurt will most likely get a slap on the wrist.

Yeah but come on does someone in TNA have to die before the morons who run that place get the damn message?

You have your Current World Heavyweight Champion getting arrested twice in the same calendar year for the same offense. You have someone come out on a Live PPV which some people paid to see high as a kite,be allowed to Wrestle,and make your Company look like total fools. Then you have another one get arrested for a DWI offense.

Shouldn't that tell TNA that oh something is wrong we need a Wellness Policy like WWE has in place. I think so.

Does anyone know if he is facing jail time? That may make TNA's decision much easier.

Now the rant...

I know Angle is his own man and any damage he does to himself or others is his fault but doesn't TNA need to take some action here. Forget business, doesn't TNA have an obligation as human beings to keep its employees from possibly hurting themselves or possibly others? And from a business perspective doesn't TNA want to protect one of it's biggest assets from ruining himself and possibly the company? He clearly has problems.

Yeah but come on does someone in TNA have to die before the morons who run that place get the damn message?

You have your Current World Heavyweight Champion getting arrested twice in the same calendar year for the same offense. You have someone come out on a Live PPV which some people paid to see high as a kite,be allowed to Wrestle,and make your Company look like total fools. Then you have another one get arrested for a DWI offense.

Shouldn't that tell TNA that oh something is wrong we need a Wellness Policy like WWE has in place. I think so.

They already have some sort of Wellness Policy, but nobody get's punished. That's the thing about TNA, carelessness. They couldn't care less if Jeff Hardy wrestled high, Angle gets two D.U.I.'s in the same year, if TNA wrestlers have to use food stamps.

This is embarrassing not only for Kurt Angle but for Tna wrestling. You just had the whole Matt Hardy incident and now you have your World Heavyweight Champion driving drunk. If I was Tna I wouldn't fire Angle but at the same time Tna needs to set a strong precedence around to show their talent that driving drunk is unacceptable and if you get caught driving drunk or your involved in any reckless detrimental behavior that is not only putting your well being but others around you in danger that their not gonna tolerate that and will send a strong message. I think Tna should suspend Kurt for 30 days without pay. But in reality Tna will probably do nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back