Jeff Hardy's New TNA "Immortal" Championship

It IS fucking ugly. But no, there's nothing artistic about it. Being an actual artist (as I am) anyone claiming Jeff Hardy, his paintings, or that ugly ass belt are artistic doesn't know the first thing about the aesthetics of art. Hardy's paintings are pure shit, he's entirely talentless like so many other fake abstract artists nowadays. The belt, though, looks like the Divas title and there's nothing at all original about creating a title specifically for a champion. It's been done before, and I think it's entirely unecessary in this case, too. But yeah, the belt looks horrible. I would go as far as to say it's the worst looking belt in the history of the business, in any promotion past or present.

It IS fucking ugly. But no, there's nothing artistic about it. Being an actual artist (as I am) anyone claiming Jeff Hardy, his paintings, or that ugly ass belt are artistic doesn't know the first thing about the aesthetics of art. Hardy's paintings are pure shit, he's entirely talentless like so many other fake abstract artists nowadays. The belt, though, looks like the Divas title and there's nothing at all original about creating a title specifically for a champion. It's been done before, and I think it's entirely unecessary in this case, too. But yeah, the belt looks horrible. I would go as far as to say it's the worst looking belt in the history of the business, in any promotion past or present.

I bet my ass he's selling more than you are.

Anyway, you're right. I don't know the first thing about the aesthetics of art. Wanna know why? I don't need to know the first thing about the aesthetics of art in order to like a painting. I like the guy's shit. Kill me.

Well... it suits Jeff Hardy I think. I saw the pictures with him holding it. And It looks alright. Sorta cool, whatever. BUT as a World Title it doesn't look alright. It looks like a joke if you're trying to sell that as your wrestling organizations world title.

I bet my ass he's selling more than you are.

Anyway, you're right. I don't know the first thing about the aesthetics of art. Wanna know why? I don't need to know the first thing about the aesthetics of art in order to like a painting. I like the guy's shit. Kill me.

That doesn't make him a good artist. The guy who painted the wall of a room with his own shit made more money then me too, that doesn't mean that was good art. It means there's people willing to buy shit based solely on name recognition and not the quality of the actual work.

The belt is still ugly as fuck, though.

Well... it suits Jeff Hardy I think. I saw the pictures with him holding it. And It looks alright. Sorta cool, whatever. BUT as a World Title it doesn't look alright. It looks like a joke if you're trying to sell that as your wrestling organizations world title.

Funny you mention that because i was wondering if TNA was to sell this Jeff Hardy's world title belt, who would actually buy it and am curious would any of you buy this title if you were to purchase this on TNA's shop??

The funny thing is I thought the same thing when I saw it; why did they bring the WWE's Diva's title to TNA? For those who thought the smoking title was bad, the spinning title was worse; now you have the new TNA belt to make fun of.

It looks like the Divas title because of the shades of purple? Last time I checked, there was nothing on the actual plate that resembled the other, with the exception of them being silver. Hardy's belt is not intended to be a new TNA title. It is the same as the Smokin Skull belt. It's just to symbolize Hardy's reign as more personal. If Morgan wins the belt, or Anderson or RVD, I'm sure Hardy will continue to defend the "Immortal" belt (like the Legends title.) I don't like the design, but I DO like the fact that it coincides with his image and his gimmick of being the anti christ to TNA.

Well now that I saw it in real time, it looks like the emblem of the decepticons from Transformers. Man what an ugly belt. Like I said, I hope it is just something for Jeff.

I like the championship to be honest. It suits Jeff and his character and just who he is, with the wild and crazy design of it. It also signifies that they intend for him to be champion for a long time, which I like, because it solidifies that Immortal will be around for a while , and I'm liking the booking right now.

Most titles in the past were special qualities that a person made. My question is if Jeff Loses the title would it change the quality of it because it has Jeff hardy look but would it be the same thing to the other wrestlers on the tna roster.

I absolutely am a fan of the belt. It is not meant to be a permanent design, just a strap that sums up Jeff's unique and enigmatic character. From the looks of it, he had a hand in designing it. There is nothing wrong with this incarnation or the previous incarnation. Hulk summed it up pretty well by saying the previous design we've all been used to since 2007 represented Dixie Carter's "old TNA company."

The only problem I have with it is that it could be a bit bigger, like WWE World Heavyweight title-size. That would help symbolize the dominating, larger-than-life personality and will of the Immortals. Other than that, it's fine. Once a contender wins it from Hardy, I'm sure that TNA management will switch back to the old design, or perhaps introduce a new one.

I do not like the new belt at all. It resembles the Diva's championship way too much. Almost so much, that it is a joke.

Though the design of the belt was the same, WWE used to change the actual color of the strap at certain times. The Ultimate Warrior did it like that. But when HBK was IC Champion as a Heel, he had the white color strap.

I definitely was in support of them changing the title and making a new belt to signify a new era. But I think they failed at what the overall style and color is.

How successful could it be when it resembles your "rival's" women's title? A title with a look that most people trash anyway.

Good idea from TNA. But bad decision to be honest.

Well the belt is a sight to cause sore eyes, but 80 people before me have already observed and stated that. Big Deal it is an ugly belt, it doesn't take anything away from the new heel Jeff Hardy character it actually adds to his new found mystique and makes him seem important well done TNA.

I personally like the design, it fits Hardy. It also seems to be doing its job of people wanting the old championship back so they'll tune in to see Anderson (or whoever) defeat Hardy and restore the original.

That belt looks like somthing Lady Gaga would wear to accept an award. That is truly the most hurtfull thing I can say about it. Wow.

Upon further review, I have to say its unsuprising. How much faith could we have in a guy who wrestles in zipper pants and mesh undershirts to come up with a cool design. I dont want knock Hardys wrestling ability because he is very talented, but his ring gear looks like something out of Limp Bizkit video from 1999.

This wouldn't be the first heel to get a custom belt. You forgot Edge's Rated R Spinner belt. That aside, I like the Immortal Championship. You heard me. I said I liked it. Belts don't HAVE to look like the classic style. So what if it looks weird? Jeff Hardy is a very unique individual and this belt fits his character perfectly. If the belt sticks around after Hardy loses it, there could be some issues with it not fitting in at that point.... but right now it's a perfect fit because it goes so well with Hardy's character. It also looks kinda cool!

As has been said numerous times before it looks like the Divas Championship which is fitting because next to David Arquette he is the least intimidating world champion ever. Maybe I'll give you Mysterio too but thats about it.

Shouldn't a world championship be gold? It doesn't look like anything worth fighting for to me.

This wouldn't be the first heel to get a custom belt. You forgot Edge's Rated R Spinner belt.

It wasn't 100% original. It was more of a mock up of the Cena belt. This is an all original belt.

Now, If WWE did the exact same title belt....I don't anyone would be comparing it to the Divas title or finding a way to dislike it.

It wasn't 100% original. It was more of a mock up of the Cena belt. This is an all original belt.

The plan was for it to be an all original belt, but they realized that:

A: That costs a lot of money.

and

B: It's really quite a silly idea, best just to let it go.

Now, If WWE did the exact same title belt....I don't anyone would be comparing it to the Divas title or finding a way to dislike it.

Sure we would, don't be so stupid. It's an ugly belt; doesn't matter which company it's in. It looks like a toy. It looks cheap and filmsy. It does not look like a serious title. TNA or WWE, I'd still call it out as looking like the Diva's Title. This is what TNA gets for trusting Hardy's talk of being a meaningful artist. His idea of art is doing cheap backflips over some pieces of scrap metal that he randomly welded together.

When I first saw the spoiler photos of the title I was horrified. But I decided that I would not comment on it, until I saw Hardy with the Title on Impact. So after finally watching Impact. I have changed my opinion on the Title. If it was infront of a crowd of actual TNA fans, Imortal would have goten serious heat for throwing the traditional Gold Title in a bin, and replacing it with a sliver and purple piece of shit. It's obvious the belt will only be for Hardys' reign. And I think it suits his new character, and it dosen't look too bad when he is wearing it. Also it seems like another step towards Imortal taking control of TNA which is AWESOME. By the way it's not like people are going to stop watching TNA just because there is a new title for a few months.

The thing looks atrocious. It looks like Jeff Hardy's face paint was plastered onto the belt. The thing is Divas Championship ugly.

That said, I don't mind it for now. I think this is a way for Hardy to get some cheap heat. I'm almost positive that the title will only be temporary (in some ways much like Stone Cold's Smoking Skull title was). I only wonder if the belt will stick around when someone manages to take the title off of Hardy or if they'll go back to the original design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back