Jeff Hardy's New TNA "Immortal" Championship

am so glad that i wasn't the only one that felt that that title looks like a diva's title. I understand they are trying to create something for jeff hardy but come on look at the belt. It looks like something that came out of a Conan movie or something that came out of nightmare on Elm st.

Personally to me this title looks like the baby between the divas title and the silverback ecw title...i find it tacky and ugly,i really hope they keep it as a supplemental title as it has already been said

When I first saw a picture of the belt about 5 minutes ago, it very much put me in mind of the WWE Divas Championship. I've read a few other posts and it seems I'm not the only one that thinks that. It looks like shit in my opinion, just really cheap and tacky looking. If the Divas Championship were to give birth to a bastard son, the new TNA World Heavyweight Championship would be that bastard.

However, the idea of a personalized championship is fine with me. I just hope that TNA doesn't adopt this design on a permanent basis when Hardy finally drops it because, based on this one picture, it looks really really bad.

Actually when Edge was a heel on RAW and won it from Rob Van Dam, he debuted the Rated R spinner belt, so technically that should count as a gimmick title belt, even if he was copying the spinner concept from Cena.

Still, it would be new to have for TNA to debut something like that. I almost expect Robbie E. to have a spinner belt for the X division title. It would also mean that Jeff will be champ for a LONG time.

All edge did was put a Rated R sticker on the front of Cenas belt so a dont think that would count. And even if you say it does count your still wrong because Lance Storm put the Canadian flag on the wcw US title long be4 Edge did!

Anyways this belt is ugly as helll! Why do Tna keep putting different coloured straps on belts it looks soooo tacky! Im a big fan of tna and liked there WHC but this belt isnt even gold! It looks like Jeff made it when he was stoned! TNA make a real WHC! with a black strap! a dunno why it annoys me so much but it really does lol!

it looks like a masquerade mask wearing a bad thong! TNA needs to take a page out of WWE and ROH's book and learn how to make a good championship title like the WHC!

ERM DUDE WWE DIDNT EVEN DESIGN THE WHC! SO I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU GOING ON ABOUT. AND THE RING OF HONOR WHC LOOKS LIKE A TV CHAMPIONSHIP IT SUCKS!

I do agree though that this new TNA strap sucks! but with any luck it will lead to a even better tna belt!

The new TNA championship looks like you took the Diva's title the last ECW title threw them in a blender and let a 5 year old design it based on the monster under his bed..total fail for a title. TNA just took all the prestige (what little there was to begin with) and threw it out the window. I pray this is just a Jeff belt.

Going out and making up some title belt that looks a mixture between the diva's belt and He-man the universe doesn't help anything out.

Awww dammit! You beat me to the He-Man joke! My first thought when I saw this photo was that the belt belong around Skeletor's waist.

I agree with the majority that it easily could be a bad move as it takes away from the prestige of the title AND is inconsistent with what Immortal is supposed to be. It was one thing when Hogan was carrying the WCW strap with "nWo" spraypainted across it; that was awesome. But by giving Jeff a personalized belt it diminishes Hogan, Abyss, and Jarrett as the rest of Immortal.

That said, it's also one of those moves that could be perceived differently down the road. What if Anderson comes out in a few weeks with the old TNA title and says, "if you don't want this, I'll be happy to take it." Not only would it be a good way to stick it to Jeff and Immortal, but it would make him look like he's standing up for TNA (not just himself) and elevate him even more as a face.

I guess I'm reserving judgment until I see how it all plays out.

Yeah I saw the picture and it looks really cool. However, it doesn't seem like the new official TNA World Title, it looks Hardy-ish. Still, I love the idea. Immortal already took over the intro, they're beating people up left and right, and now they've got their own belt. THAT'S how you do a take over.

Are you on the payroll?

This belt looks terrible, clearly you'll eat anything Eric and Hogan feed you.

To the OP, the World title didn't need changing, it was practically brand new, and looked good.

Practically no title belts look good these days. WHC looks good, and the TNA TV title is pretty cool, I like the red. I also enjoy the WWE title, it's loud and flashy and DOES NOT SPIN ANYMORE.

Hopefully this is just a Hardy belt, because whoever eventually takes it from him should switch back. Imagine Anderson/Pope/Morgan wearing this thing? Jeez, it's nice that they gave him his own but as long as it stays there it'll be fine, but if it stays once he drops it, it'll be a travesty.

Is that suppose to be the answer to the Smoking Skull title? I see why Big Momma Carter is in control of the money now. They are just messing shit up over at TNA. I said this for years.

1. You have too many wrestlers
2. You have too many titles
3. You have too many PPV
4. Promote title changes during House shows.

All these things will get people out of there seats and into the arena.

Maybe it's me, but I've never liked the personalized title belts. I thought Cena's spinner belt was ******ed... Didn't like the Austin Skull belt.

To me, a belt should always be the same regardless of who wears it. It should define the person that holds it and not the other way around.

It's not like the NFL changes the Lombardi Trophy every time a team wins it so that there's a big frickin' horse on it if the Colts win it or a big star on it if Dallas won it (Dallas winning the Superbowl... bwahahahahah...)...

Looks like Optimus Prime. Nonetheless, it's a decent idea. Gives Hardy something else to brag about. It's good symbolism. Hardy is infecting everything he touches. It's good.

Hopefully, they won't make the next guy keep the title that way though. It wouldn't fit and I hate that WWE did that with the spinning title belt.

Regardless, could look better but the concept is going in the right place.

By the way, I changed my mind. The belt is ugly, it looks like the Diva's title. Why did I change it? Because everyone else thinks so.

SIKE!

Jesus Christ, you're all just a bunch of Hitler's waiting to happen ain'tcha? I like the belt, it fits Hardy and who he is, and I like Hardy's style. Fuck me. It's DEFFINITELY not a permanent championship, so I have nooo problem with it. It's going to make the feud between Hardy and whoever ( hopefully Anderson ) a bit more special if for example Anderson brings back the old TNA belt and yada yada. Kind of symbollic.

I'm not a big TNA fan, but I watch it time to time. The TNA World Championship is beautiful, but what the hell are they thinking bringing in something like that? It looks awful. Like you (original poster) said in your opening post, I'm also not going to give away what it looks like, just for spoiling reasons.. but I will say this; it looks like something that you'd create in Smackdown vs. Raw in Championship Mode and call it the "Hardy Boyz Championship".

Seriously, I can't believe they've replaced such a prestigious looking Championship with such a disgustingly designed and horribly coloured piece of shite like that. Take a hammer, smash it into pieces and throw it in the trash along with Hardy's career.

My question is, if they were going to spend money on a new title, why not spend it making an actual TV title, that isnt just the legends title with a nameplate that says television. That TV (Legends) belt already looked too good to be a tv title, they really needed to redesign it to make it fit.

And I agree with everyone else. Theres no good spin to be put on this belt. It looks terrible. Those saying it looks good are probably mega TNA marks. I don't see how anyone could like the look of that title. Total Fail.

And I am not a WWE mark. I watch a little bit of both WWE and TNA. For the record, the new WWE tag team belts look like shit too.

I think it would be cool for the old school raw next week for them to have all the champions come out with the old title belts. I love the old Winged Eagle belt and the old Intercontinental belt. Even the old Tag titles were pretty decent.

I personally like the way the Belt Looks and fits Hardy's character and it really does not remind of the Divas title at all. The Main Plate with eyes is kind of cool of reminds of like a Transformer. The Belt is only For Hardy and I have no problem with it whenever Hardy Loses the Belt the New Champ will bring back the Old Title and look sort of like a Savior. Its a Personal Title and I like it but this Belt Should Only be For Hardy.

I'm not too crazy about this belt design. It looks kind of cartoonish. I think the purple is overwhelming. They should've mixed some other darker colors in with the design. I think darker colors fit Jeff's new persona better.

Jeff has his own personalized belt now, so this probably means he's going to hold on to the Championship for a long time.

Yuck.

While I normally don't have much of an issue with progression (as opposed to the refusal to break from historical tradition), this is one of those cases (from what I can see of it thus far) where the gimmick is just too kitschy to be taken seriously—just like it was with Cena's spinner belt.

While I'm not entirely opposed to gimmick belts (see: Million Dollar Belt, Smoking Skull Austin Belt, nWo spray-painted WCW World Championship, etc.), there is a discernible line in the sand, and IMO this belt crosses it. The belt is too "Hardy", in that it would look ridiculous on anyone else, just like I'd imagine it might on him as well.

I'll let this breathe before I castrate it, but things don't look good right now for this angle.

tnatitle.jpg

P-DIVAS-01.gif

It looks nothing like the Divas title. Looks more like the ROH World title was dropped in the washing machine with too much bleach and a red sock. It looks like something Hardy would conjure up himself. I wouldn't be surprised. For people who say it's too gimmicky... Well... Gee... Isn't a gimmick belt supposed to look gimmicky? I doubt it's the new belt design. You can't even see the TNA logo. Or anything written on it. The way I see it, it's a way to put Hardy's control over. It reminds me of when Steve Austin introduced the Smokin' Skull belt. Eventually The Rock took it and Austin was forced to use the old belt. I wouldn't mind seeing Anderson do the same thing.

I can't believe people are trying to say that the belt fits Hardy's personality. Unless Hardy suddenly morphs into Megatron and states that this title is the result of a coupling between himself and a wild, drunken night with the Divas Championship, I don't see this as fitting his character.

Of course, I guess to be fair, pinning down Hardy's character is a little difficult. He's been MIA since winning the title and all we have to go on are the little videos of him calling himself the Anti-Christ of professional wrestling.

Jack-Hammer I think people saying it suits Hardy's personality is that his personality is wierd and strange and the new belt looks wierd and strange, thus going with Hardy's current direction

Jack-Hammer I think people saying it suits Hardy's personality is that his personality is wierd and strange and the new belt looks wierd and strange, thus going with Hardy's current direction

Pretty much. I mean, the first time I saw Hardy my alert wouldn't stop beeping. He's got like ... socks with holes on his arms, guy liner, crazy hair, painted nails. Come on, he ain't the prettiest guy in the world and he looks like a freak, we just got used to it. Just like we'll get used to this belt.

Come on people. It's the TNA IMMORTAL CHAMPIONSHIP. You guys are acting like this belt is going to stay after the Immortal takeover is done. It's not. I said that already.

It's Hardy's belt. Nothing more. If anything, this gives them time to come out with a better TNA belt design.

I'm not a huge fan of the new belt, it doesn't look like a wrestling belt at all. Mind you I think they're all kind of gaudy to begin with. But anyway, I guess it suits Hardy, but again I'm not a fan of personalized belts.

Everyone talks about the Championship belt loses prestige, well it's going to if everytime they drop it too another wrestler, we'll see a new belt. What's it going to look like if Anderson wins it, a horse's ass on a piece of leather.

Oh, everyone seems to think it's red, am I the only one who thinks it's purple? Might just be a bad picture or the colour on my monitor is screwed up.

Definitely a Hardy design, and I really doubt anyone other than him will hold this belt. Vanity belts kind of bug me, the designs are never that great and the current WWE title is my least favorite vanity belt of all. I can't imagine a babyface winning this belt from Hardy and keeping it. Hardy's fans are surely going to pick up a replica belt, so it made great business sense. It is a strange design, definitely looks like it was constructed by whoever made the Divas title and the last ECW title. I don't care for it, but I suppose I'm not supposed to. It will definitely get him more heel heat.

I like how the first thing that comes to mind is the Divas title but not the Knockouts Belt which is also the same colors. The guy is strange and different. Expect it.

He probably designed the thing and detailed it himself. Jeff's input is on a Triple H level now within his own character and storylines involving him.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2enb2mq.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/2eq86cm.jpg

Got linked to a couple of more pics. It looks like the Joker made it to taunt Batman or something.

Thanks for these, and at least now we know that this is not a permanent championship. The plate is basically one of Hardy's weird ass lookin' faces he draws when he's high. Good to know. Still, my only conern is that it's really small, or at least looks small. Could've made it bigger y'know.

Oh well ... Gotham's in trouble that's all I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back