Time For Pope To Join Immortal?

TNA cross the line

Pre-Show Stalwart
As we all know Immortal lacks a young stud and a legit TNA World Title contender.

I believe it is time for the Pope DeAngelo Dinero to be bumped to the mainevent and be the leader of Immortal in the ring. Its perfect the build up is already there and makes sense.

Joe has already exposed pope for the conman he is and he fits Immortal perfectly, also they could throw him in the title picture with Sting, RVD, and Asshole. The back story for the World Title would be that Pope was fighting the good fight for TNA with Sting and Nash and they abandoned him when Pope needed them the most.

Now hes with Immortal and is gonna take the TNA World Championship from Sting for himself and Immortal cause they appreciate and care about Pope unlike Sting and to get revenge on Sting for throwing Pope to the wolves with no aid.

Do yall think this could work or is the title picture too crowded as it is? :confused:

Well he's certainly a more viable option than Matt Hardy or Bully Ray. Christ, I never would have thought that losing Jeff Hardy would kill the credibility of a faction. Honestly, I'd rather see him go at it on his own. Immortal is dead in the water at this point which is evident by the constant fave vs face world title matches we've been treated to lately. Maybe Pope could be the answer to their problems, but I'd rather just see Immortal disband instead of throwing more people onto the sinking ship.

Interesting. Pope does have talent in the ring and on the mic so he is a potential option. I kinda wish that Anderson would just join Immortal already, getting bored of his flip-flopping and think he should just embrace being a dick of a heel. It would be a good surprise if Anderson gets offered to join them again, takes his time to decide then when he's ready to announce his decision have Pope come and lay him out saying he took too long, Pope loves a payday or something. Mind you that keeps Anderson flip-flopping around so maybe not.

Pope doesn't seem like the kind of character to just fall in line though, so it could be tough to rein in his individuality without making him bland in the process.

Think this idea has potential though.

The problem is The Pope isnt over as a credible heel, atleast in the impact zone (but then again neither was Jeff.) On the flip side, this could do it.

It is a very credible storyline though, Hogan tries one last time to give RVD the pipe, RVD throws it back, Pope walks down, picks it up and clobbers Sting with it. Turns around and says how does it feel to be left to the dogs and off we go. You would have to ignore the fact Pope was on the receiving end of Immortal for a while, but you can always have Pope behave as the though hes just in it for the title shot.

The problem I have is seeing Pope as a main eventer. He was pushed to that top spot before he got injured, he had a great match with AJ Styles but since hes really been dropped to mid card and his feud with the Pope hasn't really elevated him.

I would honestly love to see The Pope vs AJ Styles again (without the pen to the eye finish this time please) he could have a pretty good match with Sting and RVD.

I still cant see him as a main eventer yet though, nor can I see him as a leader of Immortal.

Yes the pope could be a good idea but dunno if he could run with the world title yet?

also what about hernandez he came back starts helping immortal then starts this shit faction which is a waste of his talent

and what about scot steiner as he looks like he is trying to get bk in the title hunt so why not have him turn heel and join immortal maybe ?

As we all know Immortal lacks a young stud and a legit TNA World Title contender.

Well they do need someone to take Hardy's place.... More than likely it would see it ending up being Jarrett though, unless they can figure out someone better for the spot.

I believe it is time for the Pope DeAngelo Dinero to be bumped to the mainevent and be the leader of Immortal in the ring. Its perfect the build up is already there and makes sense.

I disagree. Why should he lead Immortal? I don't see him as being ready for a main event run yet. He's been stuck in pointless feuds and has not developed enough to get a world title push at the moment if you ask me. He would not be believable in such a role right now. That's just for a world title run. He'd make even less sense as the leader of Immortal.

Joe has already exposed pope for the conman he is and he fits Immortal perfectly, also they could throw him in the title picture with Sting, RVD, and Asshole. The back story for the World Title would be that Pope was fighting the good fight for TNA with Sting and Nash and they abandoned him when Pope needed them the most.

Still doesn't make much sense to me. Sting, RVD, and Anderson would be better off without the addition of Pope. As for Pope himself, he needs to get some more momentum before climbing up to the main event level and associating with Immortal would only make him more likely to get lost in the shuffle.

Now hes with Immortal and is gonna take the TNA World Championship from Sting for himself and Immortal cause they appreciate and care about Pope unlike Sting and to get revenge on Sting for throwing Pope to the wolves with no aid.

They could just as easily have Abyss, Matt Hardy, or Bully Ray do it instead. Not that I'd want any of them as world champion at the moment, just stating a point behind my argument. So.... why Pope when they have others who could be pushed in his place who would make more sense?

Do yall think this could work or is the title picture too crowded as it is? :confused:

No. It's confusing enough as it is right now. Pope in a push like this would not make sense from a booking standpoint, even by TNA standards, and I think that this would not work out in the end due to overcrowding the title scene when they already have better contenders feuding for it as we speak.

i like the idea, but i dont see it happening. i made a comment about Immortal needing new members to make them credible and they do. as much as Bully Ray's getting better, i still cant take him seriously with that stupid name of Bully Ray, it's cheesy in my book and if he had a real name, then i would take him seriously. As for Hardy, drop the cold blooded gimmick and give him new music and he will be fine, that new submission he had looks good, but as for Pope, if they dont sign someone off the street or have RVD or Anderson join Immortal, then the Pope would make sense.

I think that the Pope would be an EXCELLENT addition to Immortal. Let him stay off of TV for the next month and then have him debut as Immortal's newest member and stick him into a feud with a newly crowded TV Champion Daniels and watch them make the TV Title worth fighting for.

Pope would be a great #2 for Immortal on the level of Matt Hardy or Abyss. Unfortunately, that leaves Jeff Jarrett as the top guy by default. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back