Jeff Hardy's New Gimmick

Kinsey144

Occasional Pre-Show
Hey guys.

So it is obvious to just about everyone that when Jeff Hardy returns; he will not jump back into immortal and be "the antichrist of proffesional wrestling". It is most likely that TNA will try to spin his victory road incident into their favour (controversy creates ca$h anyone)... But i just had a thought of quite a cool idea they could do with jeff hardy.

Now, we know that jeff is scheduled to come down to the ring, and make his big apology speech to the fans, and become the humble face.

But what if he doesn't.

What if jeff comes down to the ring (without any music) wearing facepaint and wet, drapey hair - and gets a microphone... just when it seems like jeff is about to speak, immortals music hits, and immortal come down to the ring. it would be the usual immortal stuff.. Bully Ray gets in his face, shoving him, calls him a loser etc. Hogan says he is an embarressment to TNA.. and Jeff just stands there, taking their insults, hair draped over his eyes, emotionless and gloomy looking. kinda like (if you hadnt guessed it yet) crow sting ala 1996. Hopefully, gaining a sympathy vote from the audience, as nobody wants to see someone fail, try to make it up to you, and then be kicked to the curb for their mistake again.

If it was portrayed well, the commentators could put across that jeff had it all going for him, before his mind was poisoned by immortal. Jeffs forlon expressions could paint a picture worth a thousand words. He messed up, and knows that no matter what is said, it wouldn't make it up to the fans. He could allow his actions to speak for himself, taking out immortal members here and there, and making appearances, in a similar fashion to Crow Sting, but at the same time, making the character his own, placing his own "charasmatic enigma" twist on it.

I think this could work out for Jeff, because lets face it, he was never gold on the mic, so giving him a silent, emotionless persona may work out for him.

Naturally, the human being within me wants to see an out of favour jeff hardy turn his life around, and the wrestling fan within me wants to see jeff hardy come back, and be a success; because to me, he has been and probably always will be an entertaining wrestler, if only because he is so unique.

Now please dont reply to this thread saying "Jeff hardy sucks, i hate him, hes a disgrace", lets put that aside and discuss an idea. Dont say "it wont happen" or "what a ridiculous suggestion" or "WCW rehash blah blah"... i know it won't happen and its a similar idea to "crow", but hey, as if wrestling has never done an idea twice. Let's just entertain the idea of Jeff portraying this role, and tell me what your thoughts are about it. Thanks for reading

I dont see that idea working, jeff is no c.m punk on the mic but the guy is decent. Plus this "crow/speechless" gimmick has been done before (sting) i doubt TNA would have any luck bringing back that angle. Jeff needs to speak rather he's face or heel, people are tuning in next thursday to hear what he has to say not to see him standing in the ring quiet and looking drugged out.

Wouldn't it be cool if TNA does a spinoff of the current WWE angle and make Jeff the COO of TNA or Network Rep. like Mick Foley was

I remember reading back that either Bischoff or Hogan said if Hardy was to return it was not to be a face but yet in his heel role. I liked his heel run personally and thought it could be something till he ruined it. I just think Hardy will come back and this will be a way to test the waters. To see how the fans interact with him and to see if they should push him as a face or as heel again.

I personally want to see him as the Anti Christ of Pro Wrestling, I just thought it was different and sick and his promos were pretty good. I just think he is what Immortal needs to turn themselves around. I wanted to know where it was to go.

I just think as you said they should take advantage of his back ground and his mistakes and show he has cleaned him self up. That whole miracle story line type deal. An push him to the sky if he stays clean and dedicated. I don't know if he is truly clean but I hope he is. An also if they push him right he can sell merch and make TNA tons of money as he did in the WWE. He out sold Cena at one point. So I hope him and TNA don't fuck up and they both do something great with this situation.

Like someone said we as fans want to hear Jeff Hardy speak, we want and we better get an apology, I do not care if he comes back as a face or a heel...He owes us an apology...There are a lot of people that look up to jeff, and what he did is a disgrace, and if any of us normal folks walked into our place of business stoned out of our minds like that, do you honestly think an apology would be good enough...

So whatever TNA decides with hardy and apology better first and foremost, and if not I will not watch TNA again...

I was and still am a fan of hardy, and you are damn right I want him back in that ring, because he is a great talent, and still pretty young...Now he has to win us(the fans) back over...

To be honest, I would kinda like to see Jeff Hardy do something similar to what CM Punk is doing, in regards to wanting to see change in TNA, and how TNA is becoming more like WCW (cuz let's face it, it really is). Hardy can say the reason he did what he did at VR is because it caused people to think about how things could be different, granted Jeff was in no condition to compete at that given time. He could also say that he got tired of the bullshit that Immortal was saying, which caused him to drug up at VR. No matter what, whatever Jeff Hardy says or does probably has been said/done before.

He doesn't need a gimmick. Let him be the Hardy that got people interested in him in the first place. A babyface that pretty much is an "enigma" that does the right things and takes all sorts of risks.

Hardy is in a different place since 2010. It's about time, he actually portray himself into a new light and do right by fans, wrestlers and himself. Come out for an apology, forgiveness, do some PSAs on drugs and actually make it a movement going forward into media outlets, schools, house shows for atleast 2-3 months to spread the message.

After the Benoit thing and now Matt Hardy. I think it would benefit him and TNA if he did a media tour trying to explain his story and promote rehab and getting clean for people in general. He'd establish more fans, win back his fans trust and will give the company some exposure on what he has been doing lately and what's going on with himself.

To be honest, I would kinda like to see Jeff Hardy do something similar to what CM Punk is doing

You just ruined you're post.
in regards to wanting to see change in TNA, and how TNA is becoming more like WCW (cuz let's face it, it really is).
:lmao:

Explain to me how is TNA becoming like WCW? Last time I checked, WCW didn't push new talent, they kept a storyline that should have died out, they kept their top wrestlers winning matches instead of putting over new people.

That sounds more like WWE today with Cena and Orton than it does with TNA. Just saying.
Hardy can say the reason he did what he did at VR is because it caused people to think about how things could be different, granted Jeff was in no condition to compete at that given time.
That makes no sense whatsoever.
He could also say that he got tired of the bullshit that Immortal was saying, which caused him to drug up at VR. [/QUOTE
That would be the worst reason ever.
No matter what, whatever Jeff Hardy says or does probably has been said/done before.
So, you know what he said before he even said it to make that judgment?

You're idea is from CM Punk which has been done before. Great job contradicting you're concept.

If they really want Hardy to be a heel, they have to completely strip away everything that fans love about him. he was the "rainbow haired warrior" as a babyface with long multi-colored hair, have him keep his hair shorter (no longer that it was when he left) and keep it completely jet black. he wore different face paint and had cool designs shaved out of his facial hair, have him go without any face paint and grow in a full beard. he did a lot of high spots and was known for his risk taking, have him use a submission move, like the guillotine choke, as a finisher. have him give a promo where he rips into the fans for all the years he broke his body for their amusement, and what did he get out of it? constant pain and addictions, and where were the fans when he needed them? they abandoned him, just like everyone else.

if it is done right a full fledged Heel Jeff hardy could be very compelling, but I don't see it happening, and quite honestly, I don't have faith in Jeff Hardy to keep his shit together. It's sad, but its also true, no matter how many chances he gets he always screws up and can't be relied upon for any extended amount of time.

Explain to me how is TNA becoming like WCW? Last time I checked, WCW didn't push new talent, they kept a storyline that should have died out, they kept their top wrestlers winning matches instead of putting over new people.

That sounds more like WWE today with Cena and Orton than it does with TNA. Just saying.

TNA doesn't push new talent either. Sting/Hogan/Flair/Angle are all in the main event picture, and people like Steiner, Hardy, Bischoff, Bubba Ray, and many other former WCW/WWE guys are what the company is based on. There are so few "young" talents in TNA it's insane that you think they're really based on youth. Don't even bring up the joke that is the X-Division, because they mishandle almost everyone in it.

A storyline that should have died out? Hmm, Immortal? Weird how it's almost exactly like nWo...oh wait it is exactly like nWo! Crazy!

I'd like him to come back as a bible thumping reincarnated Brother Love, spewing the gospel in the ring and saving souls one at a time with each pinfall! LOL... It doesn't matter what he comes back as, he'll probably be gone in 6 months anyways.

Now, I haven't paid attention to the TNA product in a good long while, let me just get that out of the way. But I think xxxdaniel_ariesxxx hit the nail right on the head with his idea for what they should do with Jeff. It would be a complete and total overhaul, that very well could explode in everyone's faces, but it could also give Jeff essentially a new lease on his career. If all these people who are saying that he's actually getting help this time around are to be believed, this could be the perfect gimmick for him.

But, like he also said, I too have very little faith in TNA and Jeff Hardy for any of these things to happen. In all honesty, I see Jeff being the same high flying, reckless face that he's been almost his entire career, then, 6 months from now, he's in the same position as Matt: without a fucking job and blacklisted from every major promotion.

Let me begin by saying that I really don't care for the use of wrestlers' personal struggles as storyline. For example, the whole Angle/Jarrett killed me. It was awkward to watch for me.

That being said, the fans are hungry for realism and there's no better way to get it, so my opinion is poop. I would be cool with Hardy coming out on TV and getting that first 15 minutes to just pour his heart out. Everything he feels, just let it fly. But don't trash it when he's done. I would hate to see him bear his soul and share his demons with the world, only to have Immortal come out and turn it all into script. So I guess my answer in a nutshell is....one week with no gimmick at all, following week start fresh, heel or face.

I say keep him The Antichrist, turn him heel once again, but I would make him a "Lone Wolf" with no ties to Immortal or to anyone, he stands alone, and he can become World Champion once again as the Antichrist

I just think we will see him again as regular old face Jeff Hardy.

I expect him to get a pop when he comes out, along with a few boos from the smart fans who atually know what happened in the match v Sting. However, I predict there wont be any radical changes in the Jeff Hardy gimmick. He will come out as the normal guy he was before Immortal, and maybe start to apologise to the fans without admitting the extent of his problems and then Hogan etc all come out to the ring, get in Hardy's face and jump him, before the faces run out to save the day, making a 4-4 tag match later in the show.

If TNA want to reinvent Hardy and make people see him in a different way, they need to try something different with him. The Antichrist gimmick was great, but it won't work now. They should give Hardy something different, but I expect he will just be the enigma again, and will get totally forigven by the fans.

I thought the Hardy time at the end of Impact was great. it was nice to see him looking natural, instead of his usual face paint.
forget what his personal problems with drugs are, most general fans don't know enough about that anyway. I don't think he needs to be sorry for that, but just specifically what happened with his match with Sting.
I hope Hardy can be face and not wear the face paint anymore.
I don't really remember what he was like in the recent time before he left WWE, but there was awhile when in WWE when he did not wear any face paint. do a google image search for Jeff Hardy and in most of the picture he doesn't have face paint.
he can come back and say it's all about making the fans happy and putting on a good show.

I think the question is, how does TNA get Hardy back into things?
since he is in jail through this entire week and how TNA usually tapes at least 2 Impact's in the first week after the PPV.. you wont be seeing Hardy for at least the next 2 weeks. even if TNA only tapes 2 Impact this week and is able to tape the following Impact once Hardy is out, is there enough time to get him involved in some feud for Bound For Glory? not much.
we assume(know) that Sting is going to beat Flair and set up a match at BFG between Sting and Hogan. maybe Hardy can make his next return at BFG to help Sting? Hardy when he was in the ring at the end of Impact talked about how he looked up to Sting when he was young. it was a match with Sting when we last saw Hardy wrestle. at the time he was also with Hogan and Immortal, so he can want to now go against Hogan/Immortal. that would also help put him over as face to help Sting and be against Hogan/Immortal. you would have to figure other members of Immortal would want to help Hogan in that match, so Hardy can be someone to help Sting. Sting can beat Hogan(which he should) and after the match Hardy can offer his hand to shake Sting and tell Sting he is sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back