In My Opinion: Immortal Storyline is Now Obsolete

CelticCorey

Getting Noticed By Management
Ok, you can tell from the title of what I think of the Immortal storyline as it currently stands. It seems directionless at this time and really needs a shake up. Something needs to be done and fast. I never really cared for Immortal; but no doubt they were a huge part of TNA and dominated TV time. Now though, it's meh. Immortal has Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Ric Flair, The Hardy's, Rob Terry and the most incompetent in ring tag team I have seen, perhaps ever- Gunner and Murphy. Oh and Jeff Jarrett-*YAWN*

Remember when Fortune turned face? How's that going now? Storm and Roode have been ok as tag champs, Kazarian is hardly getting any exposure as X-Division Champ, even though I see him as main event material and your face of the company is in midcard land jobbing to a guy whose always been in the midcard. Sure Hogan is back and all; but it doesn't seem like Immortal is feuding with Fortune at all, except for Hardy and Flair vs. A.J. And Crimson- Fortune's messenger boy: lost in the fucking shuffle.

Remember that storyline where Immortal had to have all the belts? They dropped that with no explanation. Kazarian is a great wrestler and if one of the Bucks win the title tonight, fine; but I like Kazarian and hope he keeps it (please no Robbie E again) Doug Williams, my guy, dropped the TV title to Abyss, who hasn't been seen on TV in how long? It's really a debate: which belt is more worthless in the company- the T.V. belt or the Knockouts tag belts? I am a fan of Beer Money; but being the MCMG mark that I am, Beer Money will never live up to MCMG IMO. Did I also mention that your World Champion has lost the Championship TWICE since this idea was started? Right out the window.

And speaking of the World Championship. Ugh, that awful, AWFUL design. It makes sense with Hardy having it. It fits his character. Just like the spinny belt USED TO fit Cena's character but now it doesn't fit anybody IMO. Not even Cena. I know it's a business but fuck Vince for selling out to make an easy buck. It seems silly but he has so much money up his ass and he decides to permanently make the spinny belt (doesn't spin anymore) his design, thus giving the finger the Winged Eagle, Attitude and Ruthless Aggression belts. I mean do you think it fits Orton's character? Just saying.

Now, back to TNA. Do you think Hardy's likeliness fits Anderson or Sting? Hell no. I mean, TNA just HAAAAAAADDDD to put the belt back on Hardy at Against All Odds. THAT FUCKING PISSED ME OFF!!! I know Anderson isn't gonna hold the title forever but damnit I waited five years for a World Title reign and all I get is one month. Arguably your most over babyface gets a one month reign after a year of great buildup and tension, along with many title shots and didn't win. Then 11 days later Sting picks it up. That is a slap in the face to Mr. Anderson and really a joke to Hardy and the belt. If they keep this as the permanent design, I swear..... At least the spinny belt sells. I can't say the same for this.

So while I wish I could say better for Immortal, right now it looks like a joke. Seeing as what Hogan and Bischoff have done since coming to TNA, I fear that Immortal will drag on forever and just dominate like the NWO. That wouldn't be good. This is basically TNA's Nexus- potential, looking good, dominate screen time and then lose direction and fall off; but WWE is smart not to let Nexus drag on forever either. I just hope Immortal changes.

The whole Immortal thing will play out just fine. They just got Hogan back two weeks ago. Given that, they really haven't had time to "Rally The Troops" as it were. I would expect a shake up at the pay per view, or the ending of the storyline all together. Either way, I can see them pulling something down tonight one way or the other.

sting is back and the champ. fourtune is fighting immortal and have the tag and x titles. and kurt is kicking jj ass. i think abyss is the tv title holder but i think crimson killed him or something. so fourtune/sting/kurt v immortal , with dixie helping as the network. actually sounds like everything is coming together.

Sting as champ is not things coming together for me. You seriously think he'd have come back to TNA if it wasn't for a World Title reign? I mean, I don't know, but I am 99.9% sure they offered him a title reign so he could choose to come back to TNA.

Beer Money is facing Ink Inc- not in Immortal

Kazarian is facing Robbie E and the Bucks- none of whom are in Immortal

Beer Money has had a decent reign as tag champs, but not as great as the Guns' reign. Kazarian, since winning the X Division title, how many times on Impact he has been featured little to nothing at all?

Fortune hasn't aligned with Sting at all and Kurt has brawled with Immortal members in a segment. He's only feuding with Jarrett. Look at Immortal from October to January and look at them now. It's completely different IMO.

You also need to remember that Immortal is on a recruiting trail and Flair has garnered the services of Hernandez recently so you could see Big Mex as a member of Immortal. I don't think all the tricks for the Immortal storyline have taken place yet so don't be surprised to see a few twists and turns along the way.

Yes I do remember that and I hope SuperMex does join Immortal because he can play a great heel and is a pretty good wrestler for his size. That would definitely get me to like Immortal more. I mean I hope Immortal doesn't crash and burn; but at this point in time, something has to give.

Well Eric Bischoff said in the begining that there was no actual plan for Immortal, and the direction of the group as well as his character were in the hands of Jeff Hardy. It's pretty clear that's what has been happening. As much as a few rabid TNA marks here insisted that Fortune as "They" was Plan A, the way things are working are definitely showing otherwise.

I agree with the OP completely, Anderson got shafted, and the belt that should be around his (or Matt Morgan's) waist is being bounced between a guy who can't hold it because he's probably going to jail soon and a guy whose only hope for relevance is showing up in a WWE ring.

Immortal definatley needs to recruit guys. I would like to see guys like Ink Inc, Lethal, and Wolfe join Immortal. I would make Abyss come back soon too (without the belt, just let it disappear, its useless).

With all that being said, consider who is booking TNA and then don't be surprised when Sting turns and joins Immortal.

Sting as champ is not things coming together for me. You seriously think he'd have come back to TNA if it wasn't for a World Title reign? I mean, I don't know, but I am 99.9% sure they offered him a title reign so he could choose to come back to TNA.

Beer Money is facing Ink Inc- not in Immortal

Kazarian is facing Robbie E and the Bucks- none of whom are in Immortal

Beer Money has had a decent reign as tag champs, but not as great as the Guns' reign. Kazarian, since winning the X Division title, how many times on Impact he has been featured little to nothing at all?

Fortune hasn't aligned with Sting at all and Kurt has brawled with Immortal members in a segment. He's only feuding with Jarrett. Look at Immortal from October to January and look at them now. It's completely different IMO.

All you said is basically true, but for the sake of argument i will tell you what could happen.

1. Yes Beer Money is facing Ink Inc., but it doesn't mean that The Immortal Goons (Gunner&Murphy) won't be involved.

2. Yes Kazarian is defending his X-title against Robbie E and The Buck, but i could see Matt hardy costing him the match or Douglas Williams returning in Immortal by costing him the title.

3. Sting is facing Jeff Hardy for the world title. I could imagine Bischoff or Hogan pulling a screwjob finish for Jeff to regain his Title or a Heel turn for RVD and joining Jeff Hardy in Immortal

4. Abyss as of now is still TV-Champ, Crimson could face him and take the title off him.

5. Angle is facing Jarrett, i don't know what is going to happen .

In my opinion, IMMORTAL was obsolete before it even began. It got even more obsolete when they utterly crushed all their resistance, and TNA had to have Fourtune arbitrarily break away. They began COMPLETELY obsolete two weeks ago when Dixie Carter got her kayfabe comeuppance for being an idiot who signs an Eric Bischoff contract without reading them.

In my opinion, if TNA want Immortal to appear like a strong faction again, they don't need to recruit, but consolidate.

Get rid of the dead weight like Terry, Murphy and Gunner. Fans barely know who they are in the first place, let alone why they're running with some of the biggest names this business has ever seen.

Now decide on a core set group that doesn't change every two minutes. For the most part the angle has revolved around Hogan and Bischoff riding Jeff Hardy's coat tails, so they're a given, and Matt gets a pass for being Jeff's brother (although I'd totally play that up and give him an inferiority complex).

I'd love to think of a reason for Flair to be involved, but I literally cant. Now that he's lost the backing of Fortune, he brings nothing to the table. They should publicly kick him out of the group. Maybe he could go take part in another angle. Bleed a few buckets worth to put some other young gun over.

I never liked Immortal. It was a waste time and the largest disappointment ever. We waited so long to find out that "they" were there the whole fucking time. Then the second "they" was an almost as big disappointment, I mean what the fuck. What made Immortal an okay stable was it's large size and members within it, such as Fortune. Then Fortuneis just gone? Now you never see Fortune members doing anything exciting. Beer Money rarely has matches, they just watch other peoples matches. You barely see Kaz, and Aj is getting shitty ass matches. TNA needs some help.

I felt it was dead once fortune left...I mean who in it wrestled beside hardy...JJ is sometimes and who cares about rob terry?

In my opinion, this is the perfect time to end this Immortal storyline. It's gotten out of hand, and was never that great to start with.

The stable is weak, bottom line. They have hardly any talent left, and with Jeff Hardy more than likely being out (was sent home from t.v. tapings), I'm not sure how it goes on. I cannot see anyone replacing Jeff, seeing Immortal has beaten down and screwed basically every other wrestler on the roster. A random replacement (RVD, Ken Anderson, Samoa Joe, whoever) wouldn't make sense. Then again, this entire storyline has made little to no sense, so I guess anything is possible.

I just think it's time to end this entire storyline. I know Hogan, Bischoff, Russo and company love their giant heel stables, but the wheels are falling off, and rather quickly. Let this legal proceeding garbage lean in the favor of Dixie, and split the group up. It's over. You can only apply so many band-aids, so many times.

How fast til Sting has a new belt? Because not only does Immortal not make sense, the Icon and one of the only legit wrestlers left in the company (as in he has notoriety on a mainstream level) is holding a belt w/ the face of an absolute disgrace to the company. I will turn off Impact if he carries that belt out Thursday.

they need to end immortal, and fortune, its over. ric flair is done, hulk hogan is done. these guys need to go back to being singles. bottom line, its over. when this first happened in summer of last year it was big, it was fairly interesting, but now its done. tna needs to accept that, and start new storylines before they drown and cant resurface. they need to let jeff take time off to recollect himself, their storylines need to be chiseled (worked on), better and longer title runs (not 1 month or 11 days),they can come out of this strong, but if they dont fix these problems tna is gonna die off completely.

Well, let's take a look at the Immortals, from inception to now:

Hulk Hogan - non-wrestler who hobbles to the ring, yet controls 100% of TNA.

Eric Bischoff - non-wrestler who is Hogan's mouthpiece.

Jeff Hardy - humiliated himself at Victory Road and now may be on the way out, or to rehab. Either way, the figurehead of Immortal is no longer a strong contender.

Abyss - got stabbed in the back by Crimson with his own nailed 2 x 4. He's the current T.V. champion who hasn't defended the belt (and seen on television for that matter) in months.

Jeff Jarrett - joined Immortal but has done nothing with them in a while. Too busy honeymooning with Karen Jarrett.

A.J. Styles, Kazarian, and Beer Money (Fourtune) - turned on Immortal due to the embarassment of how Hogan and Bischoff ran things. They took the X-division and Tag Team Titles with them.

Ric Flair - chose to stay with the Immortals over Fourtune, preferring power over titles. He's a part-time wrestler and mouthpiece for the group who bleeds and gets his clothes ripped off way too much.

Gunner and Murphy - TNA security guards who watched Jarrett's back and eventually became full-time wrestlers. They had a title shot and lost in a convincing manner.

Rob Terry - big, dumb muscle for Immortal whose feud with Scott Steiner ended pathetically. He hasn't had a good showing in a long time.

Matt Hardy - good edition to the group who has pulled his weight rather well. He's probably the most capable and stable wrestler of the group right now.

Hernandez - tough enforcer who was arguably an excellent addition to the group. He's been doing less with the group since their shortcomings and seems to be more connected with Latino Knockouts Sarita and Rosita.

Therefore, right now the active wrestlers in the Immortals are Matt Hardy, Rob Terry, Gunner, and Murphy. Ric Flair is a part-time wrestler, Jeff Jarrett and Hernandez are part-time in the group, and Jeff Hardy's status is still unknown. Only Matt Hardy would even come close to carrying the Immortals' flag right now, but without credible stable members who stick around for a while, the faction is pretty much dead in the water without a whimper. The only thing going for them is if Hogan and Bischoff re-stock the stable since they have all of the control in TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back