• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it Time to Fire Jeff Hardy?

Clem

Pre-Show Stalwart
I've honestly lost count of the amount of times something about a TNA main event had to be changed last minute because Jeff Hardy screwed up or was "unable to perform" aka stoned.

While there's no definitive word yet on what happened tonight at Victory Road, it's a fair bet it's another one of those instances.

I think it's time for the company to cut it's losses and fire him. Not "release", that would be the nice way to do it, I want him to be outright FIRED. Vince McMahon style.

What do you guys think? Is there any mileage left in Hardy or is he dragging TNA down with him?

Well if and i mean if he was stoned out of his mind before the match and couldn't perform on the PPV and still went out there, he should be fired. Even Scott Hall never pulled a stunt like that, and we all know about Hall's problems. But to be fair, there is no word as of yet on what happened so we have to wait and see.

I agree that we have to wait and see what exactly the official word is on Jeff Hardy. But if he was stoned there needs to be two different things that take place, in my own personal opinion. First, Hardy needs to be fired and terminated from TNA. He doesn't need to be written out for a while nor does he need to be "released for unknown circumstances". Secondly, something needs to be done backstage as far as the story-line staff and management. Who honestly does not have a plan if things were not to work out with either Hardy or Sting at the PPV? That, in itself, is a bit pathetic.

They need to stop treating the company like its a family business and run the company like a business and treat it like a business. This is some bullshit going on right here. After that stunt they pulled by putting the title on Sting and this is what happen at a Pay Per View, somebody needs to be fired, but we won't know till more comments to what happen tonight

I don't know what to say at this point. Not only was this a VERY short match, but the match was obviously supposed to have more time. The PPV obviously wasn't supposed to be over yet. It's going to be interesting to see what in the Hell happened. If this is indeed due to Jeff Hardy, he should be fired unless an unforeseen serious injury happened, in which case, I have a hard time believing this is the case. I paid for the TNA Event and try and get as many as I can to support the company, but if this doesn't get sorted out, I may have to rethink my priorities.:wtf:

Point blank, in business you pull your weight or you're on the unemployment line. I NEVER felt Hardy pulled his weight, especially as a main event player. I was extremely upset when TNA hired him. If he came down to that ring stoned Hardy needs fired publicly, if he gets out of jail in time for the next set of tapings.

I love how you immediately blame Hardy yet I have a strong feeling this is Russo's doing.

edit: ok read the article, i was wrong lol, but hey Russo would do something like that!

Sting held hardy down to pin him. Hardy tried to kick out. He was deff high as a kit tonight. I mean he spun that shirt around for like 2 mins also , and i was like wtf are u doing.

I love TNA. I think they have some great talent and can be a real force. but then there are multiple events like tonight that can make one frustrated and upset.
Jeff Hardy tonight. just what the fans chanted, BS!
fire him, get him out! what good is Jeff Hardy doing in TNA right now? would TNA be better with him or with out him going forward? IMO definitely with OUT!
even if TNA wants to still go with the Immortal story line, Hardy can easily be replaced by someone else, like Anderson.

I guess this isn't the thread for something other than Jeff Hardy, but the Anderson/RVD double count out was BS too! Russo is the one who makes up these finishes right? maybe Russo can follow Hardy out the door. booking has been terrible!

TNA is better than this.
or maybe I should say TNA should be better than this.

If Hardy was impaired then there is no reason to keep him under contract. I don't know what the rules are in TNA for wellness violations, but I'm pretty sure Hardy would fail a drug test. We don't have all the facts, but Hardy has been on a slippery slope now for a while. Its time for TNA to cut their losses trying to pander to drug addict.

Has anyone figured out what exactly the Fan said to Sting? All I know is that Sting said, "Me too, me too" or something like that? Obviously everyone, including me was pretty ticked off with the outcome and the quality. But just wondering if anyone knew and what the thoughts were on it?

TNA is a huge joke. They first need to suggest to Jeff that rehab is in order or else send him packing. The mid card is full of guys who would love a shot. AJ, Matt Morgan, Hernandez, Douglas Williams,and as much as it kills me to say it, Matt Hardy are all guys looking for their big run as champion. Anderson can be your major heel and feud with Sting. He has been the heel to carry a company before. Look at all the major players who left WWE and they have been okay. Batista, Jericho, HBK, and Triple H have all retired, taken a long hiatus, or quit pro wrestling and they havent lost a step yet. Dont be afraid to loose Jeff Hardy. In my opinion, he does nothing for a main event or a company anymore.

IDK what everyone is mad about. I loved the PPV. And the Main Event was just icing on the cake for me to give it a A+. GREAT JOB TNA WORTH WATCHING. CAN'T WAIT FOR THURSDAY!!!!

powertrip_37937.jpg

IDK what everyone is mad about. I loved the PPV. And the Main Event was just icing on the cake for me to give it a A+. GREAT JOB TNA WORTH WATCHING. CAN'T WAIT FOR THURSDAY!!!!

powertrip_37937.jpg

Your joking right?

Jeff Hardy, if it was a result of him being fucking high, it unacceptable. He should be fired for not being able to compete for such a stupid reason

if Jeff Hardy was in no condition to wrestle tonight, would TNA not have known about that well before the match? could TNA not have replaced Hardy with someone else? or even made a three way main event with Sting/RVD/Anderson? that would have been better than a double count out and match that was over if you blinked.

I'm looking forward to more news as it comes out and for the Impact spoilers to see how TNA spins this.

Ok where to start with this. I have to say that I didnt watch WCW back during the Russo and Bischoff days. But I did hear about the finger poke of death and the ppv going off the air with the main event still occuring. After I heard this I figured something like that would never happen again....boy was I wrong!

Long story short, TNA needs changes and fast. When you have a Main Event, it can't be 30 seconds, it just can't! I don't care what the state of mind is of the wrestler. If thats the case then why didn't anybody stop Jeff before he went into gorilla position?? Thats neglience right there. I can tell you right now, if that was WWE, Vince would've never let that happen, absolutely never!!!

You can make all the excuses you want. From Hardy being drugged to Russo coming up with that finish from Sting to only wanting to wrestling 30 seconds, whatever it may be thats just terrible. If TNA wants to compete they need to cut that stuff out. Jeff Hardy simply at this point is a huge liability and dare I say, more of a liability than Jake Roberts. Jeff needs to go and get help, staying in TNA isnt helping anybody.

On one hand, does anybody think that TNA did this on purpose to gain ratings for Thursday? I mean yea its terrible that you would sacrifice your ppv buyrates for tv ratings but is anybody going to watch TNA iMPACT now to see what all the rumors are about? Thats a good question.

On one hand, does anybody think that TNA did this on purpose to gain ratings for Thursday? I mean yea its terrible that you would sacrifice your ppv buyrates for tv ratings but is anybody going to watch TNA iMPACT now to see what all the rumors are about? Thats a good question.

this is something that can make people think. TNA and Spike want ratings and I imagine that would take president over a PPV.
however I don't see this being the case. I think there could be many TNA fans saying this is the last straw and they wont watch anymore.

there is a saying, things have to get worse before they get better. maybe this is it for TNA. this is just terrible. maybe TNA has to realize that Jeff Hardy can just not be counted on, especially as a main eventer and leader of Immortal.

powertrip_37937.jpg

Ignore this guy, he's a vapid troll who even posted on the other thread about tonight's main event.

Anyhow, this is just unacceptable behavior if Jeff was indeed high as a kite. I would like to see footage of the match, as I didn't watch it on PPV. But I knew it was a matter of time before something like this would happen. I started giving Hardy the benefit of the doubt for the past few weeks, but he dropped the ball if this is due to his "condition."

TNA should fire Hardy, or send him to rehab. I was losing respect when I heard about his charges in 2009, but lost even more when I saw his youtube rant about CM Punk. But this takes the cake if the rumors of him being intoxicated before/during the match are true.

powertrip_37937.jpg

:wtf::wtf::wtf: Either you know something we don't because you work for TNA or you are the dumbest poster here. Look sure we don't know what happened but its either 3 things:

1. Hardy was stoned out of his mind, if and i mean if its true he should be fired.
2. Hardy went to do the match (noticed how it took time for him to get out to the ring), legitly injured himself on his way to the ring so couldn't do the match. But since he was already out well the only things they could have done, is a no DQ match(and they chose that option) and have Immortal interfere or make it a 3way dance with RVD or Anderson(they should have chosen this option).

3. A combination of numbers 1 and 2 and was burned out.

It was obvious from the start that Jeff was 'all there'. Forgetting the fact that wrestling high is very fucking stupid he could have seriousy injured Sting.

I've tried to defend Jeff again and again because I try to keep the wrestling I watch seperate from the Stars personal lives but when it fucks up the Main Event of what is supposed to be a semi-big PPV that the man has problems then it's time to cut your losses. Jeff was rumored to be high when he gave Anderson that Concussion a while ago and if was high tonight then he needs to be fired.

First, if he was stoned and still tried, give him props at least he gave it a shot. Second, he shouldn't be getting stoned at all, let alone at a ppv or normal show taping. But don't think that TNA should fire him, that would be a bad move on there part.

Also, we have no idea if this was the case. Maybe something was wrong with Sting. Maybe that was the original booking of the match, to make Sting look completely superior like when he returned and won the title. The thing is we have no idea at the moment and shouldn't hold it against Hardy.

Stunt monkey fucks up......and anyone is surprised? I can't even blame jeff Hardy for this crap. I blame Matt Hardy, Dixie Carter, Vince Russo, Sting, Eric Bishoff and anyone else who's been enabling Jeff's habits. He's a fucking addict people. He needs supervision, counciling and a swift kick in the nutz.

The video is up on youtube. I just saw it. Not sure if i can post it but im sure it'll be taken down soon.

I dont see how this can be a "work".

Bischoff clearly whispered something to Hardy when he was in the ring and made sure the mic wasnt near his mouth.

you're a fool if you spent money on TNA to being with. why would anyone buy a PPV except Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. all the other if you want to watch just read the play by play on this great site or find a free stream.

Jeff Hardy is a bum. i also just watched the youtube video. makes me sick that this guy gets paid and there are hard working people out there in the world in japan suffering from tsunami's and crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back