Could Jeff Hardy Make a Return to the 'E?

Its unfair DAMMIT! Jeff leaves both companies and then returns to both and gets world title shots and runs while getting high all the time while hard workers like christian who come back get freaking screwed! that idiot just needs to get clean, STAY clean, and then attempt to reboot his career with hard work and steroids like everyone else!

If I was Vince McMahon, Bob Carter, Cary Silkin, or any other promoter I would all get together and not to hire Snuff Lardy oh I mean Jeff Hardy till he got his legal and himself cleaned off drugs and stuff. Cause right now he is a liability for anybody who's his boss. I used to like the Lardyz (Hardys) but that was before they let their fame get to their heads and stuff. I hope Jeff doesn't become the next wrestling tragedy.

he could at some point, but first he'd have to prove he's not a liability. The thing is, Jeff can still draw (well not RIGHT now but you know what I mean) and he's always been more exciting in the ring in WWE, for some reason in TNA he always came across as sluggish and less exciting. As long as he's a draw I can't see Vince not welcoming him back, but all that drawing power means nothing if he's liable to fuck it up ala victory road and so for that reason I don't see him back until he's cleaned up and ready to go. If he can prove he's not a liability I can see him back in the E at some point.

i think he could come back idk if he will hed def have to be legit clean esp with the family friendly status of the WWE which is why cmpunk is such a great person to have ...if he was face again....the message he sends to the kids is great..wen hes a heel hes just an asshole about it tho haha but still their little fued on smackdown was really good and i thinkt hat it could happen again if jeff came back...but i dont kno if he deserves it he and matt hardy both broke my heart bcuz i loved them n then found out they were huge druggies..never thought matt was that really blew my mind haha but o well have fun in tna or as i like to call it....bowels of pro wrestling

In a word, no. In a sentence, No self respecting promoter would have anything to do with Jeff Hardy, especially not Vince. I heard they don't even want him anyway. He had it all, and threw it all away because he couldn'y get high one more time without getting fired. I don't think that Victory Road was the last we have seen of Jeff Hardy, but I wouldn't be surprised if he never becomes a big player again. I don't see how Jeff can just come back in the near future. How many second chances does he really deserve? He's become more trouble than he's worth.

I think he's much more likely to appear in the impact zone than he is at raw. Neither Jeff nor Vince want to do business with each other and neither Jeff nor Vince have to do business with each other. Therefore, I don't think we will see Jeff Hardy in the 'E' unless Vince feels generous on his death bed and gives Jeff a HOF spot in 20 years

No, he is far too much of a liability for the WWE to bring back right now.

If he is fired by TNA, and he won't be, WWE would be willing to pay for his rehab (as they would be for any former employee), but they would not take him back on the main roster until it was proven that he had cleaned up his act. He already has 2 strikes on the wellness policy, and unless he was 100% clean they would not even consider bringing him back.

However, I could see WWE rehiring Jeff IF and that is a big IF, he was able to get clean and get his act straight in TNA, and get back to the level he was at before he left the WWE and was in the title picture. His problems are not that well known outside of the IWC and he still has the name value that would get a big pop if he returned to the WWE.

Vince is a businessman, and a clean Jeff Hardy would draw money if he returned to the WWE, but whether that ever happens is down to Hardy. He is a death waiting to happen if he doesn't clean up and until that day ever happens, Vince will not even consider bringing Jeff Hardy back to the company. He will not risk any more negative publicity or Jeff turning up in the state he did at the recent TNA PPV, Jeff Hardy isnt worth it.

If he ever wants another run in the WWE he needs to seriously sort himself out, big time.

Problem is, I don't think he wants to or will do it. Hardy is a lifetime fuck up, its just who he is and I personally think we will never see him in WWE again. He will likely be another early wrestling death, which is a sad thing to think about.

I never say never when it comes to wrestling, but I feel pretty confident in saying Jeff has no chance of an immediate return to the WWE.

The guy is a liability, in every sense of the word. He's a walking, talking public relations nightmare, something Vince is clearly concerned with.

Jeff has a drug problem. I don't know if he's an addict, just likes to experiment, deals drugs, etc. I really don't know, same as you all, but given his history, you cannot say there isn't some sort of problem there.

Anyone who messes around with drugs, in any capacity, is a liability, and Vince knows this. He could be arrested again, overdose, come to work unable to perform, etc. I'm not saying it will happen again, but it definitely could, and Vince doesn't need that. At this point in time, Jeff really isn't worth the potential trouble he may cause. I'm not saying he will never have anything to do with the WWE again, but at this moment, or in the near future--not a chance.

The fact that Hardy bailed on WWE when they were trying to do ANYTHING to make him stay by offering him more title runs and the chance to team with his brother, then he he got arrested shortly after, then he went to TNA and they used him as a main-eventer killed his chances of being relevant again in WWE. The VR debacle was icing on the cake.

Of course he won't return to the WWE. After what happened at victory road i would be surprised if he is still wrestling even in TNA. By the way is there news about his court case?

Never say never and I'll tell you why, Scott Hall and Iron Sheik were both substance abusers and yet Vince let them back in several times. It's all a matter of timing and while Jeff is still awaiting a determination in his court case and he's still under contract to TNA you won't see him in WWE, anytime soon.

But again I excuse anyone who's a younger fan or just simply doesn't research the history of WWF/E's roster. If the opportunity is there for money to be made Vince will let almost ANYONE back into the fold.

Let's be real here.

Oh man. I will be surprised if we ever see Jeff Hardy back in WWE after everything that's happened in the past year. I honestly thought that his arrest alone would prevent him from ever making a WWE return. Then I thought that the stunt that was pulled at Victory Road and pretty much publicized all over the internet was pretty much the final nail in his coffin. I feel like he really burned his bridges with WWE but then again people said the same thing when he left TNA and he still made a return to the company. If by some miracle he does somehow get a job at WWE again, for some reason I highly doubt he will be back at the position he was prior to his departure from the company. If he does make a return, he'll probably become a jobber and an upper midcarder if he's lucky. I've noticed that WWE has a strange habit of jobbing talent or not pushing former TNA talent very far. His return to main event status will highly depend on his commitment to staying clean and out of trouble. He's still fairly young can still turn his life around and quite frankly, I hope he does. He's a husband and a father for goodness sake.

Why do WWE fans act as if drug abusers have never been Champions/Main Eventers in WWE. The most recent one I can think of, aside from Hardy, is Shawn Michaels. Hardy is in such a similiar situation. Michaels also had problems with drugs during the late 90's, but he got over it.

Personally, I think people are being too harsh on the guy. We don't even know if he actually has a problem and if this whole story is in fact real. It could've been one big, fat work. Hardy just got married - dude needs a honeymoon. He needs some rest. He's been busting his ass for TNA since day one. TNA was awfully quick to react to the whole situation, crapping out a new belt out of nowhere, coming up with a storyline and teasing a potential Jeff Hardy face turn. Think about it - TNA portrays Hardy as a drug user, does all that crap, Hardy comes back as a face, cuts an emotional promo saying how he went down a bad road and he's trying to get better, breaking a bit of kayfabe, whamo, effective face turn thanks to some well place controversy.

As far as Hardy in WWE goes - I can see it happen, even though it will be hypocritical on Hardy's part to go back. Vince cares about money, if Hardy brings him money, he'll get him back I guarantee it. That's just how this greedy shit-head rolls. It's because of that greed he's on top too.

Never say never and I'll tell you why, Scott Hall and Iron Sheik were both substance abusers and yet Vince let them back in several times.

Scott was back under a good boy clause though and was fired with Xpac like 3 months after he came back. So I mean, possibly yes, he would be welcomed back. Whether or not its a meaningful return is another story.

Given the fact that Bret Hart & Vince McMahon made buried the hatchet last year, anything's possible. However, I don't think it's very likely that Jeff Hardy will be welcomed back to the WWE.

Let's face it, Jeff Hardy is a screw up. He didn't just shoot himself in the foot, he emptied the whole damned clip into it. Two years ago, Hardy was one of the most popular and revered professional wrestlers on the face of the planet. Despite his past drug problems, he manages to make good in WWE and is given the push of a lifetime and put into a feud with CM Punk, which is the single greatest feud of Hardy's entire career. In the middle of this huge push, he tells the WWE he wants out. Hardy has a spot that any other young guy on the roster would sell his mother to a Tijuana ****ehouse for but Hardy walks away. I'd say that probably pissed Vince off somethin' awful.

However, at the same time, the WWE managed to dodge a bullet when Hardy's home was raided by some of North Carolina's finest a few days after his WWE deal officially ended. It would've generated tons of bad press for WWE, as if they haven't had their fair share of that already. He'd flunked a drug test twice already, three means an automatic termination and knowing what we know about Hardy now, it was only a matter of time before Hardy struck out.

Two years ago, Hardy was arguably the most over face in wrestling. Now, he's a drugged out shadow of his former self. Until/unless Hardy is able to get his head on straight and leave his problems behind, he'd be a ticking timebomb on the WWE roster just waiting to go off and the most inopportune time.

If he returned he would become a huge jobber. Vince will bury him and send him packing. Look at how Long it has been for Christian to become relevent. I think the only person on TNA's roster who Vince couldnt bury would be Kurt.

If he returned he would become a huge jobber. Vince will bury him and send him packing. Look at how Long it has been for Christian to become relevent. I think the only person on TNA's roster who Vince couldnt bury would be Kurt.

Christian doesn't sale nearly as well as Jeff Hardy..While you might be right at first i think if Jeff actually for sure took rehab serious and got all his personal issues dealt with the WWE would take him back and try to turn him into another Eddie Guerrero success "over coming his demons" story..

Someone else asked why Jeff would bother returning to the E? Its simple really.If he could turn his life around and get well and stay healthy he has to make way more with the E then TNA can pay him.Add to it the fact that he now is has started a family with his g/f/fiancée and his new child and he might feel more obligated to take the wellness policy more serious and work the travel schedule he may not have wanted to work before.

We don't even know if he actually has a problem and if this whole story is in fact real. It could've been one big, fat work.
No, he does. He definitely does.

There's no way TNA would be able to work his two violations of WWE's wellness policy and his ongoing charge for possessing drugs with intent to sell. (Also, the fact that he was clearly off his head at VR, plain for all to see)
How could that all be a work?

Zeven_Zion Yeah right, and WWE owns TNA. :rolleyes: There is no way its a work now. At first i thought it could be a work when we didn't have news reports, but now knowing he has been pulled from live events and the VIP Lockdown event its impossible that it is a work.

In light of recent reports that TNA is waiting for his legal issues to be done with i very well could see this being a work.Look at how Hogan literally threw him away like yesterdays garbage on Impact after the ppv...Look at what Sting had to say about it all.They could very well be waiting until his court case is over and judging by what went down on Impact if he is brought back i dont see him staying the heel character.Unless maybe him and Matt break off from Immortal and do their own thing as a heel tag team.I think he'll be brought back as a face and fight whoever ends up joining Hogan(you know its almost inevitable for someone to take Hardy's place)

Scott was back under a good boy clause though and was fired with Xpac like 3 months after he came back. So I mean, possibly yes, he would be welcomed back. Whether or not its a meaningful return is another story.

I know where you're coming from but just the same, Vince still took someone like Scott Hall back into the company. X-Pac did not get fired with Scott Hall though, it took a little bit longer for him and WWE to part ways.

Then like I had mentioned in my first post the Iron Sheik if all the stories are true was a habitual offender of drug policies with the WWF. Iron Sheik's problems and disregard for company policy was so bad they had to cancel his program with Hacksaw Jim Duggan back in 1987. To be fair in the Iron Sheik's case, he did not pull a Jeff Hardy and show up unfit for a match on a live broadcast. However, that instance is just as much TNA's fault as it was Hardy's, they should not have even let him wrestle in the first place.

And while personally I'm very indifferent and apathetic to whether Jeff Hardy ever gets to wrestle on TV again and get a push, I am really sick of hearing posters act like the moral police on this whole Hardy issue. Yes the guy from what it looks like is a very substance dependent individual and yes he's got trouble with the law because of it, but for Christ's sake let the North Carolina Justice system make their call on his actions, they're the ones who are going to have a better idea and not us.

In the end, it's up to TNA to find someone more reliable to fill Hardy's spot, but I am not going to act like some dilettante like a lot of the BS postings I am reading on here about this whole TNA/Hardy mess. For those that don't know what the word dilettante is, look it up or in a subsequent post on this thread I'll define it if need be, but that's the long and short of how I see most posters acting on this subject and several others the the IWC likes to act like experts on.

he wil be back after court and be back on te top of his game and will go against immortal seeing how they just threw him to the dirt

Well, we have to wait and see. My opinion is that there is no way he can go back to WWE even if his court issues would result in him not going to prison. By the way, whats up with Jeff Hardy's court case any news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back