IMPACT Wrestling LD for 06.30.11

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Presented With Limited Commercial Interruption
IMPACT WRESTLING
Live Discussion for 06/30/11

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8c42edabbb432b8d634ad0a8fb8f91ae_XL.jpg

Don't miss Thursday's huge IMPACT WRESTLING broadcast at 9/8c on SpikeTV -
and for the first time ever, IMPACT WRESTLING will be presented with LIMITED
COMMERCIAL INTERRUPTION by 5 Hour Energy! That means more nonstop action
with LESS commercials during the event!

The maniacal Sting vows to meet Hulk Hogan face to face inside the IMPACT Zone

The Bound For Glory Series continues with two more major matches:

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

In a 6 person elimination match, the Knockouts will be featured as Knockouts Champion
Mickie James teams with Tara and Miss Tessmacher to take on Angelina Love, Winter,
and Madison Rayne

Plus, 3 more stars from the X-Division’s past return to do battle in a 3 Way X-Division Match
with the winner advancing to the Destination X PPV.

Can't watch IMPACT WRESTLING on Thursday? Make sure to set your DVR to record it!

[YOUTUBE]fbLPKv8_VWo[/YOUTUBE]

dxpreview475.jpg

The road to the July 10 "Destination X" event continues, featuring the daredevil,
high-flying superstars of the X Division. The Six-Sided ring returns, plus the amazing
Ultimate X match and much more!

c51186f7f6186766248f18bbb5eb8d45_L.jpg

I love the BFG series, but I refuse to believe any singles match involving Devon is "major."

If Joe does a musclebuster on him I'll forgive the major label. Although I have a bad feeling about them running a Joe can't get any points angle that is going to anger the passionate minority.

TNA have been doing good stuff for the past couple of weeks. This show would appear to be no different. I'm looking forward to it, especially the triple threat.

I'll probably be here, so long as my dinner plans don't go late. It's a great feeling to actually be excited to watch a TNA show again, but they've accomplished that so far with the build to Destination X. What really matters is where they go after that show though.

Planning on watching tonight, which will be the first time in nearly a year.

Without spoiling it, will there is excitiment from the three x-division wrestlers tonight?

I should be here later. Should be an interesting night.

Also, I mentioned this to you guys before, but for another couple of days, I really need your help. The channel my radio show is on is running a contest through the 4th of July where the show with the most listens wins. Last week, you guys helped me to the number one spot! We had another show last night and I'm hoping that your help can get us there again! I'll post the link below. If you have an hour, give it a listen and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks again for the support and I'll let you know the results when I find out!

(Link is to my site which has a pod at the bottom. Just push play on that and you'll hear the show, which for you TNA fans starts with a song by The High Crusade - lead vocals by Alex Shelley and guitar play by Chris Sabin and Petey Williams)

Mouth of the South Shore Radio Show

I should be here later. Should be an interesting night.

Also, I mentioned this to you guys before, but for another couple of days, I really need your help. The channel my radio show is on is running a contest through the 4th of July where the show with the most listens wins. Last week, you guys helped me to the number one spot! We had another show last night and I'm hoping that your help can get us there again! I'll post the link below. If you have an hour, give it a listen and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks again for the support and I'll let you know the results when I find out!

(Link is to my site which has a pod at the bottom. Just push play on that and you'll hear the show, which for you TNA fans starts with a song by The High Crusade - lead vocals by Alex Shelley and guitar play by Chris Sabin and Petey Williams)

Mouth of the South Shore Radio Show

Sold

I think it has a deal already signed with either the Fuel or Speed network, don't remember which one.

Does any country really require both a fuel and a speed network?

Personally I'm not sold on the AWW concept. It seems counter intuitive to my incredibly basic understanding of marketing.

Does any country really require both a fuel and a speed network?

Personally I'm not sold on the AWW concept. It seems counter intuitive to my incredibly basic understanding of marketing.

I agree with you and I think it's such a step backwards. Wrestling is often seen as a low class activity but it's recently dug itself out of the ashes as it were. Naturally, let's associate it with the most redneck thing we could think of right? It's weird to me, but I'm from New York. I'm not the target audience.

It's more the fact that associating itself that closely with anything is only going to limit your market. Nobody who doesn't like wrestling is going to watch the show just because it's got cars in it, and very few people who have no interest in motorsport are going to be attracted to a wrestling show that revolves around it.

I'd imagine this idea was born from some sampling data which suggested that there was a lot of crossover appeal between wrestling and motorsport, in which case incorporating elements of one into the other isn't a bad idea. I just don't think building a promotion around the two is likely to be successful, since you're limiting your demographic rather than expanding it.

Then again, the show is being produced for something called the SPEED network; so it might do alright. However the show performs it will doubtless be branded a failure online though due to unrealistic expectations.

I'm not sold; but then I don't really know what I'm talking about.

It's really just an extension of Hermie Sadler's old UWF promotion that he used to run under the TNA umbrella. He'd draw good crowds in the South using a bunch of TNA talent and having himself as like the on-air authority figure. They did a bunch of good house shows for it back in 05-06 before it folded. I think Sadler is part of this new ASW thing too.

I'm not sold on AWW in the long-term but I do believe that the market research suggests this can be a good idea. As a flagship show I think this would likely suffer from the problems Gelgarin is laying out about a smaller possible audience. However, as a "gateway" show on a lesser network I think this could actually work. Rumors seem to suggest the show will have significantly more wrestling than other things. Just have the show expose the X-division style (show sounds a lot like a world X cup format) to people that enjoy extreme sports. We always talk about how TNA needs to find a way to get the word out about their product. This seems like a decent way to go about it. They are also about to start traveling more, and if this show can tape at the impact zone, it can maintain their presence there in case issues arise with traveling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back