• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General WrestleMania XXIV Discussion

Seems like this may be the card...

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP: Randy Orton vs. Batista
---Unfortunately, this looks like the route they're taking. If this is the case, Orton will probably retain.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Edge vs. Undertaker
---We all know this is a definite, and that the Undertaker will win the title. No use debating it.

CAREER ENDING MATCH: Ric Flair vs. Triple H
---Triple H wins....obviously.

ECW CHAMPIONSHIP: CM Punk vs. Shelton Benjamin
---Out of everyone, it seems they're slowly building Shelton up, waiting for Wrestlemania. Punk will retain most likely, as they wouldn't want too many titles to change the same night, but I wouldn't be surprised if this match happened.

WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP: Beth Phoenix vs. (???)
---I love the suggestion that it would be a lumberjill match to incorporate the other girls, but the WWE wouldn't do that.

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP: MVP vs. Matt Hardy
---Unless this happens ahead of time, Hardy will take the title. If this DOES happen ahead of time, these two will be involved in the MITB match.

MONEY IN THE BANK: Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Chris Jericho, Mr. Kennedy, Rey Mysterio, Kane, Elijah Burke, Lashley, HBK, Umaga, JBL
---Some combination of these guys will most likely be involved. The last three, HBK/Umaga/JBL, seem like they'd be better suited to have some sort of other match, most likely in place of the United States title match. Out of all these I listed though, Hardy and Morrison are the most likely winners, with the edge going to Hardy. If MVP is involved, he'd beat out Morrison in potential to win. Either way, I can't see the Money in the Bank match not going to either Jeff, MVP, or Morrison, unless none of those three are involved.

Two more matches I see. Not good ones. Kennedy vs. Lashley & Vince vs. Hornswoggle.

Kennedy vs. Lashley: It was Ken who injured Bobby. So I see Lashley returning at the Rumble and eliminating Kennedy. I couldn't be less excited about this match. Both have potential, but neither are there yet.

Vince vs. Hornswoggle: I hope I'm wrong. But I doubt it. The only thing that will be good about this is the comedy element. Only Kurt Angle does comedy better than McMahon. I pray they change this to Vince & Regal vs. Hornswoggle & Finlay. But I think Regal on a Mania PPV is just positive thinking by me. Actually I've changed my mind. Hornswoggle vs. Vince with Regal as ref could be comedy gold.

Okay so here we go

1st Match- Money in the Bank Ladder Match- Mr. Kennedy vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Kane vs. Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk- I think that they will stick with the 8-man format for this MITB match and have Jericho win it, at this point he will have his full game back and be ready to go on another title run.

Interview Segment- Todd Grisham interviews Jericho on his win

2ed Match- United States Championship- MVP(C) vs. Matt Hardy- I really hope they save this for Mania', I have been waiting to see this match for a long time comming, This will happen afted Matt returns and the feud is reborn, Isee Matt getting the title.

Promo- Probably a stupid promo featurins Dusty Rhodes, Sgt. Slaughter, Arn Anderson etc. etc.

Promo- Edge vs. Undertaker promo

3ed Match Womens Championship- Beth Phoenix(C) vs. Candice Michelle- This has the potential to actully be a solid womens match, with Candice seeking revenge on Glamazon, Candice will win after somebody interferes,

4th Match Career Threatening Match- Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels- An HBK heel turn similar to the one he had with Hogan will lead up to this match with Flair finally losing the night after being inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame, of coarse they will shake hands after the match.

Hall Of Fame Ceremony Review

5th Match- Hulk Hogan vs. The Great Khali- You think that the whole this at the 15th aneversary show about Hogan slamming Khali was nothing, i dont, I am about 90% sure that we will see this match at Wrestlemania and of coarse Hogan will slam Khali

6th Match- JBL vs. John Cena- I really thing that Cena will return for Mania and face his longtime rival JBL, has the potential to be a great match, and i'll let you people guess who will win

7th Match- WWE Championship- Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. Batista- Batista will win the Rumble and go after Orton's WWE title, Trips will be hellbent on headlining Wrestlemania, he will face Batista at No Way Out for his spot in Mania and we will see the same thing we saw leading up to Wrestlemania 22 with Tista and Trips both getting into the match, I see Trips winning with the pegigree.

8th Match- World Heavyweight Title- Edge(C) vs. The Undertaker- Taker will win the chamber match at No Way Out to earn his spot in this match, should be interesting to see if WWE ends his 15-0 streak at Mania, giving his age and the fact that he is always hurt now, I see Edge winning and retaining the title.

Anyone staying on International drive over in Florida? How you getting to the Citrus Bowl if your not driving?

Im over from England for it and staying on International Drive but there isnt a driver in our party so we've been looking into taxi services, but havent found a cheapish price yet, so any help would be appreciated :)

It's amazing how good realistically this card could be.

wwe title: TRIPLE H VS JEFF HARDY- THEY REALLY SHOULD LET HARDY WIN, RATINGS WILL GO UP. HAVE TRIPLE H TURN HEEL, GREAT MAIN EVENT. TRIPLE H COULD WIN WITHOUT KILLING HARDY'S MOMENTUM BUT IF LOSES AT THE RUMBLE, WHATS THE POINT? I HAVE NO INTEREST IN ORTON VS TRIPLE H.

WHC: UNDERTAKER VS EDGE- NO BRAINER, WILL BE CLASSIC.

CAREER MATCH- SHAWN MICHAELS VS RIC FLAIR- REALLY HOPES THIS HAPPENS, WOULD TELL A GREAT STORY. HBK WINS.

INTERBRAND MATCH- BATISTA VS RANDY ORTON- SPECIAL REF: JOHN CENA NOW THIS IS A LONG SHOT BUT I WOULD ACTUALLY HAVE SOME INTEREST IN THIS. THIS COULD START SHORTLY AFTER RUMBLE. IT SEEMS WEIRD TO HAVE CENA REF THIS MATCH BUT I THINK IT WOULD BE HIS WAY OF GETTING REVENGE ON ORTON

U.S TITLE MATCH- MVP VS MATT HARDY- NO BRAINER.

GRUDGE MATCH- VINCE MCMAHON VS HORNSWOGGLE- I ACTUALLY WOULD NOT MIND THIS. COULD BE FUN, MAYBE THE ROCK WOULD SHOW UP. I SAY THIS IF HE INDUCTS HIS FATHER THE NIGHT BEFORE, HE PROBABLY WOULD SHOW UP TO A HUGE POP.

MITB MATCH- REY VS Y2J VS JBL VS LASHLEY VS KENNEDY VS FOLEY VS FINLAY VS SHELTON BENJAMIN- I LOVE THIS LINEUP, LASHLEY OR Y2J WINS PROBABLY Y2J WHICH I AM FINE WITH. HE NEEDS MOMENTUM.

ECW TITLE MATCH- CM PUNK VS UMAGA- I WOULD LOVE THIS MATCH. IT WOULD BE A 12 MINUTE CLASSIC IN MY OPINON. JUST GOTTA SAY I THINK UMAGA IS THE BEST BIG MAN IN THE COMPANY. ALWAYS DELIVERS.

WOMENS TITLE MATCH- CANDICE MICHELLE VS BETH PHOENIX- NO BRAIINER.

SOME SORT OF TAG TEAM BATTLE ROYAL.

I REALLY THINK THIS A GOOD CARD. THE LONG SHOT IS BATISTA VS ORTON.

I agree with everyone who is pointing to HBK VS Flair for Wrestlemania 24.
It would not only be the best choice (who better to put Flair in with for his final hurrah in order to put on one final classic... except for maybe Sting... which wouldn't happen), it would also be a treat for everyone involved. Both Michaels and Flair have been pretty vocal about their displeasure with the short time they were given for their one and only match in the past (not to mention the terrible ending). The fans are going to eat it up. I don't even know if we need a Michaels heel turn. I think maybe it should be a match made out of respect... but then have both guys start to debate about who is the greatest in ring performer of all time.

I just see this playing out very nicely. The only thing that could ruin it is if they were given little time in the ring. (which shouldn't happen.. seeing as WM 24, will likely be a 4 or 5 hour event anyway.. should be enough room to give Michaels and Flair 30-45min of pure wrestling gold).

Wrestlemania 24 card I would love to see
WWE Title- Randy Orton vs Batista vs Triple H - An Evolution main event! Have Batista win the Rumble, then have Orton attack Batista on Raw the next night, thus Batista chooses to face Orton. Then at No Way Out, have Triple H win the Elimination Chamber. The 3 face off, with Triple H walking out the champ.
World Heavyweight Title- Edge vs The Undertaker- This match is a forgone conclusion. WHC vs The Streak. Logical conclusion would be to have Taker pass the torch to Edge and end the streak . but lets face it, Undertaker gonna be 16-0 come March 31. But this should be a classic.
United States Title- MVP vs Matt Hardy- These two do incredible work together. This should be a great match. Both guys should walk out of this match for the better. Matt Hardy gets his long awaited major singles title.
ECW Title- CM Punk vs Shelton Benjamin- Shelton's a gifted in ring performer, but I have things that have been in my fridge for months with more charisma. Elijah Burke handling the promos would help him greatly. In the end, Punk walks out with the title still around his waist.
WWE Women's Title- Beth Phoenix vs Candice Michelle vs Mickie James vs Melina vs Ashley Massaro vs Maria- Yeah, I know, Ashley and Maria should not be in the match, but at the moment they are the 2 most high profile divas. You can really play up the Beth Phoenix/Candice injury revenge plot, and have Beth and Mickie do the heavy lifting. In the end, The Glamazon retains her belt.
Chris Jericho vs John Bradshaw Layfield- This build up to this match should be awesome. These are two of the best promo cutters going. Maybe have a special stipulation, like a bullrope match. Jericho should come out the victor.
Retirement Match- Ric Flair vs Vince McMahon- While I personally prefer to see Naitch go out in classic wrestling match, from a storyline standpoint, this makes more sense. Vince gets frustrated at no one being able to defeat Flair. So, naturally, Mr. McMadman takes matters in his own hands. Vince unleashes his "Unlimited Resources" at Flair. Shane and Hornswoggle should get involved. Have Flair win the match.
Money in the Bank Ladder Match- Shawn Michaels/Umaga/Mr. Kennedy/John Morrison/The Miz/Finlay/Rey Mysterio/Jeff Hardy- A flexible list of superstars. Michaels in this match gives it a huge boost. 6 of these guys have ladder match experience, so it should be a great match. Jeff Hardy should win as in it seems he's being groomed to be a main event player.
Maybe have the RAW Tag Team Titles defended in a WM 24 DVD only match.

I really like the idea of Flair Vs. McMahon alot but then I realized Vince really can't do a match.Sure he had his past matches but he always had someone go over him the entire match and then out of nowhere low blow or someone interferes with the match.He can play the part in his matches occasionally but overall it could end up in a bad match.Now my other choice would definitely Flair Vs. Michaels.Would be a historical match and if Shawn would win there would be tears, drama, and more tears.But the crowd would go nuts the entire match, two of the best in WWE today that could put any guy over today in a match, fighting at the biggest stage of them all.

I've been really digging the run and reaction Jeff Hardy is getting and I'm really liking this thought I've been having lately of a Jeff Hardy/HBK Main Event Wrestlemania match.

I think that this would be an awesome way for Michaels to pass the torch to somebody who is getting over by the fan's choice rather than somebody Vinny loves(like Cena or Batista) It would be a sure thing 5 Star match and I don't know what other matchup could tear the house down like those two!

It would be a MASSIVE twist to have Orton lose to Hardy with some interference from HHH(akin to Eddie's win over Brock) leading to the undercard of HHH/Orton.

Regarding Flair, my feeling is that it's not becoming the program they had set their hopes upon(he's been absent ALOT) and I don't believe that it will have the poigniancy that it would've if they followed through with the original idea. I don't believe it's a huge drawing match because Flair's lost a tonne of his lustre EVEN MORE SO over the past two years.

My preference would be Mick Foley hands down or maybe even Steve Austin(probably not) but somebody who has a legendary quality. I consider Ric's work to be a similar garbage style that the Funker adapted during his twilight and it could be a classic.

Maybe Mr. RKO could dust off one more legend if he dropped the title to Hardy at RR? Vince and Flair would just have a bloodbath and we saw that at Rumble 02. Hunter or Batista would be pretty cool, but I'd rather see the top draws have meaningful Mania Programs than something of a 1 and done.

What's Steve Borden up to?

MY DREAM WRESTLEMANIA 24

RAW MAIN EVENT:
Jeff Hardy(World Champion) vs. HBK- Create a new babyface main eventer as the old one is slowing down while putting on the best worked main event of the past few years. A ladder match would be cliched but maybe fitting for their expertise and no matter what, it would be a terrific match. SHOWSTOPPA!

SD! MAIN EVENT:
Edge(World Champion) vs. The Undertaker(15-0)- Really a DUH dream match, because it's just an amazing set up that everybody's been calling for a year and these two can have one helluva match. I'd love to see Taker win the strap and retire right after it but imagine the HEAT Edge could get from this!

Submission Match or Dog Collar or Barbed Wire:
HHH vs. Randy Orton- This has to have a NO DQ specialty stip being at Mania and I think it would be sweet if they went with a throwback gimmick match, although they do use gimmick matches TOO MUCH! I'd love to see Orton get screwed out of the title by HHH at the Rumble, then have Mr. RKO screw HHH out of the Rumble. A real blood bath.

Retirement Match:
Ric Flair vs. Mick Foley- Something of a hardcore LEGENDS match, this way you don't waste a main eventer on Flair's final match and meanwhile it can still mean something. IMO, it's been a flop of an angle since there's really been no steadiness to it and Flair seems to have really depreciated over the past few. He and Foley do have a history and they never really ended their feud thoroughly. Hell, it could be a corner match and have Hogan in one corner and Austin in the other?

US Title Match:
MVP(Champion) vs. Matt Hardy- A perfect curtain jerker that could really be a great match if given over 10 mins. They have a really great chemistry and I'd hate to see Matt wasted again in the MitB Clusterfuck. Vince can FINALLY put Matt over with a singles title!

JBL vs Y2J- I hope to Christ that they're not thrown into the MitB match and I believe that the Rumble match will end with a screwjob, leading to a Mania rematch. This one could steal the show.

Batista vs. Rey Mysterio- I'd be really interested in seeing this match on a BIG PPV as I think Rey could pull out some really cool spots and it would be cool to watch. This would be a wicked way to reintroduce Big Show if neccessary, but otherwise just a neat undercard that could entertain the crowd.

MitB Ladder Match:
Umaga vs. CM Punk vs. Carlito vs. Kane vs Ken Kennedy vs John Morrison- Just thinking about guys who mean something who can hit tonnes of spots and can really put on a great carcrash. If this is still an annual thing, I'd book these guys and put over Punk or Umaga.

William Regal vs. Finlay- If Finlay is done feuding with Khali by then and still protecting Hornswaggle(probably), I'd FREAK if they booked this match! They're both SO stiff and Vinny could send Regal after Finlay with an OR ELSE ultimatum. I loved their match at the Bash a year and a half ago when Lashley had weird liver enzimes and this would be CRAZY!

That's all I can think of and personally believe it would be a pretty solid show. Thoughts?

Off the note of Edge vs. Taker, which im sure will take place, or at least i hope. Who here thinks that Edge's undefeated streak is over after last years WM MITB match? I personally believe that they had hardy do that spot onto Edge for the sole purpose of keeping his streak. If they do mention it, it will be a better match, with Taker's 15-0 already cemented in, i would really like to see someone like Edge's name as the one who ended Takers streak and kept his going. And we all know if he does win it, it will be all that he can talk about for years to come.

now it looks as though its gonna be Bortista winning the rumble(superstar of 2007!) and picking randy orton to face at WM and so he moves to raw....and i thought Raw was off to a great start this year fresh new main eventer Jeff Hardy getting huge pops.sorry i get distracted a lot as i was saying batista comes to raw and then its gonna be orton vs batista at WM, I think they should add triple H to the match beacuse batista isn't that gud on the mic and having trips giving a gud heel mic and a gud face mic, and adds a lot more hyping up to the match, although i wouldn't like too see trips win cause orton should have a long well deserved run as champ

As things appear AT THE MOMENT, it's possible that the WWE Championship match will be a triple threat involving Randy Orton, HHH, and Jeff Hardy. And much like Chris Benoit, Hardy can focus on his growing his fan support and in ring prowess while HHH and Randy Orton build up the main event with their mic skills.

And I think Edge will face the Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship. Everything else is up in the air.

I dont know about you guys,but I have a feeling HHH's going to be in the mainevent.....................
Anyway,I forsee another botched mainevent,Hardy will probably win M.I.B.If Batista goes to RAW,then it will be an Evolution Triple Threat( w/ Flair as guest referee or Cena as the enforcer) Edge vs. Taker will be an overhyped match that will end with the regular Taker,16-0 B.S!

My Wrestlemania Card:

MITB - Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, Rey Mysterio, Kane, Finlay, Lashley, The Miz and Shawn Michaels
Winner: Shawn Michaels

U.S. Title match - MVP VS Matt Hardy
Winner: MVP

ECW Championship: CM Punk VS Shelton Benjamin
Winner: Shelton Benjamim

Hulk Hogan VS The Great Khali
Winner: Hulk Hogan

JBL VS Chris Jericho
Winner: Chris Jericho

Ric Flair VS Mr.McMahon (Retirement match, probabely WM20 Match, Flair must wins to wins the retirement)

WWE Title Match:
Triple H VS Randy Orton
Winner: The Game "Triple H"

WHC Match:
Undertaker VS Edge
Winner: Undertaker

Thats a great card but for some reason I think it will be Flair vs. Shawn Michaels and probably Vince McMahon vs. Mick Foley in some hardcore match. I think Flair would want his last match to be against someone respectable. I heard he wanted it to be against Sting but that def is not happening.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP - Edge vs Undertaker
--We all know this will happen and that the Undertaker will win. Should be the best match of the night, as these two are just amazing performers.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP - Randy Orton vs ???
--For some reason, I just have a feeling it'll end up being Hardy as the challenger.

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP - MVP vs Matt Hardy
--They may do this at No Way Out, though. Either way, Matt takes the title and MVP moves up to the main event level. I can DEFINITELY see this happening at No Way Out much more than Wrestlemania, though.

CAREER ENDING MATCH - Ric Flair vs HHH (or) HBK
--I still think it'll be Triple H that wants to put him out. However, they DID already have this match, and they haven't done HBK yet, which seems a little suspicious to me. If by some chance its Flair/HBK, then look for Orton/HHH and for Jeff to win the Money in the Bank match.

MICK FOLEY'S RANDOM THINGAMAJIG - Mick Foley vs ?
--Seems Mick has an idea for Wrestlemania. Logical choice for an opponent would be McMahon, I guess.

ECW CHAMPIONSHIP - CM Punk vs Shelton Benjamin
--Punk's had the belt forever and Shelton's being built up slowly but surely. He could very well be the one to take the title off him before the draft moves Punk to Raw or Smackdown.

MONEY IN THE BANK
--Depending on who is in this match, there are a lot of potential winners. If Jeff Hardy isn't involved in something else, he could come out on top. If MVP loses the US title at No Way Out, then he could win the MITB match. John Morrison needs to get a boost back into the main event level, so he could win this as well, but that isn't as likely as Hardy or MVP. Then there is Kennedy, who could win two years in a row as he never got to use his first one. They won't give it to somebody who doesn't need a boost, like Jericho, JBL, Umaga, Batista, HBK, or Mysterio. They use the Money in the Bank winner as a strategic catapult to launch someone higher into the rankings that won't be able to simply challenge for the top titles on their own momentum as someone like Batista or Jericho could do easily.

WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Beth Phoenix vs (Ashley, Mickie, or Candice)
--I think it'd be much better of an option if they had something other than a championship match at Wrestlemania, though. Wrestlezone posted a report the other day saying that some people are thinking about having Ashley take the title from Beth, so she's an option along with Candice for the revenge aspect and Mickie for the simple fact that she's clearly the best wrestler out of the Divas division.

A thought on Ric Flair's retirement match.

As some people have already suggested, there might be a HBK vs. Ric match at mania. Something occured to me, on raw last week, HBK ended with something other than Sweet Chin Music, the figure 4 leglock. What if their watch was a submission match, figure 4 versus figure 4. Although a reason not to do this would be, it might no be 'right' to end his career in a submssion match. Just a though

A thought on Ric Flair's retirement match.

As some people have already suggested, there might be a HBK vs. Ric match at mania. Something occured to me, on raw last week, HBK ended with something other than Sweet Chin Music, the figure 4 leglock. What if their watch was a submission match, figure 4 versus figure 4. Although a reason not to do this would be, it might no be 'right' to end his career in a submssion match. Just a though

You know what, you actually might have something there. Even though its small, if they have HBK win a couple of matches in a row using it, they could use that as a spark. McMahon could simply say something along the premise lines that Shawn Michaels has been impressive lately with the Figure-4, but is he impressive enough to top Flair's F-4...blah blah blah.

My Card:
WWE Championship/Special Ref: John Cena
Randy Orton(c) vS Bobby Lashley
-I feel that Lashley could shock the world and win the rumble match when he makes his return, plus Lashley could lose to Orton and not hurt his chances in the future as Orton would looklike a great Champion for is feud with Cena and Lashley could win the rumble again like HBK and take the title.

World Heavyweight Championship
Fatal Four Way Elimination
Edge(c) vs Undertaker vS Batista vS Rey Mysterio
-I just feel that the wwe doesn't wants to keep Batista around the Main Event level and this match could do it perfect, plus it would put Edge against the Wall in the match to seeif he can make it out alive.

Career vS Career
Ric Flair Vs Triple H
-Seeing as Sting won't be in the WWE anytime soon, I see Triple H turning heel and join McMahon in the fight to end Ric's career so that the game can be "The Man."

Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
Mr. Kennedy vS John Morrison vS Finlay vS Shawn Micheals vS Tommy Dreamer vS Jeff Hardy vS The Great Khali vS Chavo Guerrero vS Umaga
-I think Money in the Bank has run it course and that the WWEshould stop having the match, but if they do, I think it would be some thrown in talent just so some can get a Wrestlemania paycheck.

Hardcore Match:
The Big Show vS Mick Foley
-I believe that when Big Show returns, he will be McMahon bodyguard again and why replay wrestlemania 15, with a hardcore match as Vince ries to break Foley forever.

McMahon vS McMahon:Special Ref:Stone Cold Steve Austin
Vince McMahon vS Hornswaggle McMahon
-Everyone knows the rites of passage is to fight your father, well Hornswaggle will do it on the biggest stage iof them all. He wins, he is a McMahon, he loses, he goes back to where he came from, so I guess under the ring.

United States Championship
M.V.P.(c) vS Matt Hardy
-Hardy returns to bring back the feud with MVP and finally wins the tthe title he wanted for so long and that's the United States championship.

ECW Title:
CM Punk vS Shelton Benjamin
-The only name that is on the ECW roster that can face Punk for the title as I doubt they will go with Morrison as he is doing the tag thing and probably the ladder match at mania so Shelton by default.

Women's Championship:
Beth Phenoix The Glamazon(c) vS Ashley

This is the card I think will happen:

Randy Orton v. Triple H v. Batista
We all know HHH will muscle his way into the main event. It's unlikely Orton will lose his title this close to WM. However, if they did Orton v. HHH again titan towers will likely be burned down by angry villagers. So i reckon they will throw Batista in the mixer. Another thing that I thing there's a small chance might happen is Orton may retire Flair at No Way Out and be put in this match as special ref. However I think is more likely that Flair will be retired at WM.

Edge vs. The Undertaker
This must happpen at WM.

CM Punk vs. Shelton Benjamin
Shelton is the best candidate to challenge for Punk's title at WM. Fingers crossed they dont go for Big Flabby V. This could be a great match.

Ric Flair vs. Mr. Kennedy
Looking at the current roster I see Kennedy as being the most likely candidate to end Flair's carrer. The likes of HHH, HBK and Foley plus others that have been mentioned don't need it because they're already over. So it should be a rising star like Kennedy (who needs a shot in the arm after a poor 07)

Shawn Micheals vs. JBL/Jeff Hardy/Umaga
I doubt HBK will be used in the MITB match so I envisage him coming up against one of these three. A fued with JBL would have an interesting storyline. Jeff Hardy could be a boy hood hero match etc, and HBK and Umaga haven't fueded yet. I imagine the most likely candidate is JBL though because he won't be used in the MITB either.

Finlay & Hornswoggle v. Vince Mcmahon & The Big Show
I imagine Big Show will join forces with Vince when he return, if not then it's likely either Shane or Regal will partner him. I think Hornswoggle will turn heel on Finlay in this match and form a Dr. Evil- Mini Me partnership with Vince.

MVP v. Matt Hardy
Like Edge- Taker this has been brewing for a long time.

Money in the Bank
This will be between the 6 or 8 participants not already involved in matches so expect so take your pick from- Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Umaga, Kane, Chavo Guerrero, Burke, Santino, Carlito, Morrison, Lashley, Jericho.

Other possible matches
If Hulk Hogan wrestles on the show expect to see him vs. either Khali or The Big Show in a homeage to his match vs. Andre. Steve Austin and Mick Foley will appear on the show in some capcity. Expect to see a womens match too, that nobody cares about. T Any tag team title match will take place on the pre-show but by the time the show is all said and done the tag champs from RAW will most likely be Carlito & Santino and Smackdown! The Edge Heads

This isn't what I think is going to happen this is what i would book if i was booking for wwe

Randy Orton (c) v. Batista v. Triple H v. Ric Flair
Why not just have Batista come over for the elimination chamber and have something weird come up where its down to them three and they just walk out setting up a 4 way, who was the best of evolution for the belt. Ric Flair deserves another run at the title and what better way then to win the belt on the biggest stage.

Edge (c) v. Undertaker
There is a history of people winning the rumble back to back, and I would have taker win the rumble and face edge, and I would then let Edge end the streak which would solidify him as a force on Smackdown and allow him to dominate the brand

Mick Foley/Finlay v. Shane/Vince/Umaga -- for custody of Hornswoggle
This has to be done so this storyline will be over. Let Finlay get the win and have it be revealed that Vince wanted to lose so he didnt have to deal with the little guy anymore. No one gets hurt. Mid match have mick and umaga just have a hardcore battle outside

MVP (c) v. Matt Hardy
I'd have the match because you pretty much have to but have jeff come out and cost matt the title by accident setting up a Hardy/Hardy war

MITB
Kennedy v. Rey v. Punk v. Benjamin v. Jeff Hardy v. JBL v. Morrison v. Helms (if hes back in time)
Kennedy wins and as promised at the beginning of 2007 uses the shot immediately following the 4 way Evolution Match and wins the belt and retires Flair, in what would be the most shocking Wrestlemania moment in recent history

Michaels v. Jericho
Just a great match, Let Jericho get the win which puts him back into the title picture legitamately the initial run was a little hard to believe

Lashley v. Big Show
Makes a lot of sense with Big Show losing twice to Lashley before he left
Big Show gets his revenge
Tag Team Gauntlet
Rhodes/Holly (c) v. Cade/Murdoch v. London/Kendrick v. Santino/Carlito v. Highlanders v. Moore/Yang v. Edgeheads
Why not? They use to have these back in the 90s at Wrestlemania so why not again. I understand that cade and london are hurt but in my mind and for this match they are back in time. Santino and Carlito escape with the titles i think.

Women's Title
Beth Phoenix (c) v. Mickie v. Melina v. Maria v. Ashley v. Candice -
They team up on Beth and Mickey pins Melina to win the belt

Gets the most talent into the show. It lets the right people get over. Ends storylines while opening others. Finally ends the show with a shocking twist and the end of lengends career while the upcoming star instantly gains the jump he needs

i want john cena @ mania because he will be good to hype it up. what if at wrestlemania flair vs HBK, HBK wins... "BUT" HHH is not happy because he wants to be the "man" by beating flair so they could do HHH vs HBK at future ppvs i hope!

I am really starting to think the the Evolution Fatal Fourway is the direction they are headed as the WWE title match at Mania. It makes a whole lot of sense even though I could care less about the match.

Edge vs. Taker- well if this doesn't happen let's just say that the WWE is ******ed, this one could really go either way. I wouldn't be upset of either won.

Punk vs. Benjamin- This is one of those matches that everyone just kind of overlooks going into the event and it ends up being one of the best matches on the card, both of these up-and-comers really have what it takes to put on a classic WM match.

HBK vs. JBL- I see this happening as it could be a pretty good feud, not sure how exactly they could set it up, but it would be an entertaining feud.

MVP vs. Matt- This one has been brewing since July so it will be one of those matches with a ton of build that may or may not live up to the hype.

Kennedy wins MITB- I think he'll win it again, but I'm not sure if he'll use it later in the night, it would be awesome but I dunno if they would have him come away with the belt and potentially end Flair's career. Also in the match: Jeff Hardy, Jericho, Umaga, Rey, Kofi, Carlito, RVD?..some others not used, not sure who'll be in it.

Miz and Morrison vs. Yang/Moore- 2/3 Falls Match- These four could put on a great match, but not sure if the feud will carry this far.

Vince/Regal/Khali vs. Finlay/Foley/Hornswoggle- Hopefully a match like this will end the feud.

Lashley vs. Big Show- Just a filler match that could be decent at best, but I doubt it.

This is a card that I would watch and that could realistically happen with a few minor changes.

Ok here it is... This is how the Royal Rumble should end... it needs to get down to the final 7. All of them have to be in the ring at the same time. HHH, HBK, Taker, Jericho, Kennedy, Morrison, Batista... I would like Taker to be the 30th man but i think thats been played out before. So either Kennedy or Batista. Jericho needs to be on fire. Needs to throw out like 4 guys including kane, umaga, miz, big daddy v... As Batista enters as the last man... he just goes nuts.

I say like a double elimination of Kennedy and Morrison at the same time. Then its down to 5... Jericho's time to go now. After a great showing he gets eliminated making his mark on the rumble.

Down to the BIG 4... They all stand there staring at each other... The Dead Man, The Animal, The Game, and The Showstopper... WOW! History between every single one of these guys... great matches between all of these guys... then HBK breaks the silence as he darts after Taker... HHH and Batista stare at each other then the two powerhouses collide... BOY OH BOY would it be electric when this goes down. They fight for a good bit... milking up all the attention of these four stars in the ring together. Finally the Undertaker has HBK picked up over his head at the center of the ring and is heading towards the ropes to throw him over... Batista bumps into Taker thus causing him to drop HBK. Then Taker just stares at Batista and HBK sneaks up behind Taker and dumps him over the top. Its now down to Evolution/DX... HBK and Batista goin at it HHH kind of laying off watching some. Batista goes to throw Michaels over the top rope. He goes over but he catches himself dangling outside. HHH gets involved low blows Batista Pedigrees him then throws him over... as this is going on HBK has gotten back in the ring. Then right after HHH eliminates Batista, HBK throws HHH over HHH catches himself on the other side. HBK kind of turned his back as the threw HHH over but as soon as he turns his back he turns back around and SWEET CHIN MUSIC... HHH ELIMINATED! HBK WINS!!!!!!!!!! Taker attacks Batista as he comes up the ramp and HHH is sitting there in disbelief and then you notice HHH face turn into the oh so pissed off HHH face as the camera's go black!

Is anyone else getting the feeling that the WWE are moving away from Undertaker Vs Edge?
They seem to be heading in different directions at the moment with Edge for some reason focusing on Punk instead of Rey and Taker being involved with Henry and V.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back