• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

General WrestleMania XXIV Discussion

Taker from the spoilers on the main site. If it happens then this can be the official thread and can be moved to the WWE PPV section, if not it can stay here.

This is one of the only matches with a proper build up. I wanted to see it 6 months ago, and I still want to see it now. I think the outcome is inevitable. There's a Hardyz DVD coming out, and Matt & Jeff winning both of their big matches at Mania would be a good way to end it.

So now i guess i should make another incorrect card. I am liking the way the card is shaping up.

TRIPLE H VS RANDY ORTON VS JOHN CENA- NOT MY FIRST CHOICE, BUT FACT IS ALL THESE GUYS HAVE GREAT CHEMISTRY WITH EACH OTHER. SHOULD HAVE A LOT OF HEAT. YEA, I JUST DON'T SEE CENA NOT BEING INVOLVED IN THIS MATCH. THE GUY NEEDS TO TURN HEEL. WHEN HE DOES, IT WILL DO FOR HIM WHAT IT DID FOR HOGAN WHEN HE TURNED.

EDGE VS UNDERTAKER- WILL BE GREAT. CAN'T WAIT. TAKER ALWAYS STEPS IT UP AS HE DID TONIGHT. JUST A FUCKING LEGEND.

RIC FLAIR VS SHAWN MICHAELS- THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. WILL BE A CLASSIC. WILL BE SO PISSED IF BATISTA GETS THIS MATCH.

BIG SHOW VS FLOYD MAYWEATHER- ONLY PLACE I WOULD WANT THIS MATCH AT IS WRESTLEMANIA. VINCE HAS HIS BIG MONEY MATCH. WILL BE ENTERTAINING.

MVP VS MATT HARDY- SHOULD BE GREAT IF GIVEN ENOUGH TIME.

MITB- HARDY VS KENNEDY VS BATISTA VS UMAGA VS BENJAMIN VS PUNK-
NOT SURE IF THEY WILL GO TO 8 OR NOT. I LIKE THIS LINEUP. BATISTA GIVES A LOT OF STAR POWER AND COULD START A NICE LITTLE FEUD WITH UMAGA. GOTTA HAVE BENJAMIN IN THERE FOR HIS SICK SPOTS. HARDY SHOULD WIN. WOULD BE AMAZING IF HARDY CASHED IN LATER THAT NIGHT BUT PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN.

I-C TITLE MATCH- JBL VS CHRIS JERICHO- LET HARDY LOSE TO JBL ON RAW. JERICHO BEATS HIM IN MAYBE A TEXAS BULLROPE MATCH. JERICHO NEEDS SOME GOLD. THIS IS JUST A PREDICTION AS IT COULD NOT HAPPEN. NOT TOO EXCITED BUT JESUS THIS IS LIKE THE BEST OPTION FOR JERICHO. SAD.

VINCE MCMAHON VS FINLAY- GOONA HAPPEN, WHATEVER WILL BE FUN. MAYBE FOLEY OR ROCK WILL DO A RUN IN.

ECW TITLE MATCH- CHAVO GUERRERO VS ?- I DON'T KNOW. THEY SHOULD HAVE HIM FIGHT SOMEONE. VAN DAMM WOULD BE A REALLY NICE OPTION. COULD HAPPEN.

CANDICE MICHELLE VS BETH PHOENIX- WHATEVER.

IT IS NOT MY ULTIMATE DREAM CARD BUT STILL PRETTY DAMN GOOD.

Okay, so these matches are from the site (the rumors being reported), my head, and Television

(The order of the matches would be from bottom to top)

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Randy Orton (c) vs. Triple H vs. John Cena
--So we know this is likely to be the main event.
-- Cena will probably win... I guess HHH has a shot too... but I doubt Orton will retain. Cena has an undefeated streak (at Wrestlmania) in case anyone was wondering.

CAREER-THREATENING MATCH
Ric Flair vs. Batista
-- I don't know, but this is what the site has been reporting
-- It's likely to happen... unless Mr. Kennedy wants a rematch
-- Ric Flair's gonna lose somehow

WWE WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Mickie James vs. Candice Michelle
-- Beth Phoenix will obviously be in the match.
-- It seems they're building towards a Beth vs. Mickie feud.
-- They're also airing promos for Candice's return.... and seeing how she was sidelined by Phoenix (kind of) they'll probably do a revenge storyline.
-- It could be any combination of these three... maybe even Candice being ref.
-- I see Phoenix winning.

Vince McMahon vs. Finlay
-- Most likely going to do this one too.
-- Maybe for like "custody of Hornswoggle" or something like that... I don't know.
--Don't know who will win... Horny will be involved in the ending fo sho tho... haha

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Edge (c) vs. Undertaker
-- This is set in stone as of tonight (No Way Out)
-- Undertaker will win.

STIPULATION MATCH
Chris Jericho vs. John "Bradshaw" Layfield
-- I'm thinking "I Quit" match
-- I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be a stipulation... but I see it having one.... definitely not Hell in a Cell...
-- My bet is Jericho will win

Maria and Ashley vs. Melina and Jilian Hall
-- I know the recent tradition has been to give the Playboy Covergirl a Women's Championship shot... but I doubt Maria (who has definitely been improving in the ring) would get that
-- Seeing as how Ashley is heavily involved in this storyline, it's likely that she'll be a part of the match
-- Since Melina and Jillian Hall have been forming a partnership and semi-feuding with Maria... I say this tag match isn't too far off.
-- I'd think Maria and Ashley would win... although Santino Marella might screw Maria over ... maybe a partnership between Santino, Carlito, Melina, and Jillian? Sounds kind of stupid? I thought so at first but then I realized it wouldn't be completely random to have a heel stable full of cocky douche bags

BOXING MATCH
The Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr.
-- Something's going to happen between them at WM24
-- I think it'll most likely be a boxing match. WWE probably doesn't want Big Show's Boxing training to be all just for nothing.
-- Shane McMahon in Show's corner?
-- I say Mayweather wins... kind of like Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow at WM11

WWE UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Montel Vontavious Porter (c) vs. Matt Hardy
-- This is what the rumors have been for the last month or so
-- MVP retains for sure

MONEY IN THE BANK LADDER MATCH
Possible Contenders: Jeff Hardy, Shawn Michaels, the Great Khali, Mark Henry, Kane, The Miz, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Mr. Kennedy, Chuck Palumbo, Jamie Noble, Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke, CM Punk, and Big Daddy V
-- I bet a bunch of people are reading going "what the hell is wrong with mrtuddy?" I think that some combination of these superstars will be in the match. It would be great exposure to any of these characters. If I really had to choose I would say Jeff Hardy vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Elijah Burke vs. Big Daddy V vs. Mark Henry vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison wouldn't be a bad bet... although that's only one Smackdown! superstar... and WWE wants Smackdown to be bigger than ECW (hence why they started making ECW suck... more)
-- I'd say Hardy, Michaels, or Kennedy all have a good shot at winning

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly (c) vs. Santino Marella and Carlito
-- Wrestlzone says Marella and Carlito are in store for a Tag Title Run... it could happen here
-- Anyone could win though... WWE was big on Holly and Rhodes.

OTHER POSSIBLE MATCHES:
All these matches are possible ... but I don't know if WWE would actually go for them.

ECW CHAMPIONSHIP
Chavo Guerrero (c) vs. CM Punk (maybe throw Big Daddy V in there)
or
Chavo and Big Daddy V vs. CM Punk and Kane
--all depends on Money in the Bank... and whether or not WWE actually wants to put the ECW title on the WM card this year

Jeff Hardy vs. Shawn Michaels
-- Wrestlezone also thought this match was being rumored
-- I say Hardy wins... he's too hot right now to lose to Michaels.

Well, that's what I think is a good idea for a card. Feel free to bash it... please don't bash me though. I'd like the feedback, tell me what you think is good, bad, or completely stupid.

Thanks.

Mr Tuddy

So now i guess i should make another incorrect card. I am liking the way the card is shaping up.

TRIPLE H VS RANDY ORTON VS JOHN CENA- NOT MY FIRST CHOICE, BUT FACT IS ALL THESE GUYS HAVE GREAT CHEMISTRY WITH EACH OTHER. SHOULD HAVE A LOT OF HEAT. YEA, I JUST DON'T SEE CENA NOT BEING INVOLVED IN THIS MATCH. THE GUY NEEDS TO TURN HEEL. WHEN HE DOES, IT WILL DO FOR HIM WHAT IT DID FOR HOGAN WHEN HE TURNED.

EDGE VS UNDERTAKER- WILL BE GREAT. CAN'T WAIT. TAKER ALWAYS STEPS IT UP AS HE DID TONIGHT. JUST A FUCKING LEGEND.

RIC FLAIR VS SHAWN MICHAELS- THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. WILL BE A CLASSIC. WILL BE SO PISSED IF BATISTA GETS THIS MATCH.

BIG SHOW VS FLOYD MAYWEATHER- ONLY PLACE I WOULD WANT THIS MATCH AT IS WRESTLEMANIA. VINCE HAS HIS BIG MONEY MATCH. WILL BE ENTERTAINING.

MVP VS MATT HARDY- SHOULD BE GREAT IF GIVEN ENOUGH TIME.

MITB- HARDY VS KENNEDY VS BATISTA VS UMAGA VS BENJAMIN VS PUNK-
NOT SURE IF THEY WILL GO TO 8 OR NOT. I LIKE THIS LINEUP. BATISTA GIVES A LOT OF STAR POWER AND COULD START A NICE LITTLE FEUD WITH UMAGA. GOTTA HAVE BENJAMIN IN THERE FOR HIS SICK SPOTS. HARDY SHOULD WIN. WOULD BE AMAZING IF HARDY CASHED IN LATER THAT NIGHT BUT PROBABLY WON'T HAPPEN.

I-C TITLE MATCH- JBL VS CHRIS JERICHO- LET HARDY LOSE TO JBL ON RAW. JERICHO BEATS HIM IN MAYBE A TEXAS BULLROPE MATCH. JERICHO NEEDS SOME GOLD. THIS IS JUST A PREDICTION AS IT COULD NOT HAPPEN. NOT TOO EXCITED BUT JESUS THIS IS LIKE THE BEST OPTION FOR JERICHO. SAD.

VINCE MCMAHON VS FINLAY- GOONA HAPPEN, WHATEVER WILL BE FUN. MAYBE FOLEY OR ROCK WILL DO A RUN IN.

ECW TITLE MATCH- CHAVO GUERRERO VS ?- I DON'T KNOW. THEY SHOULD HAVE HIM FIGHT SOMEONE. VAN DAMM WOULD BE A REALLY NICE OPTION. COULD HAPPEN.

CANDICE MICHELLE VS BETH PHOENIX- WHATEVER.

IT IS NOT MY ULTIMATE DREAM CARD BUT STILL PRETTY DAMN GOOD.

Hmmm.... I think that the IC title match won't be JBL vs. Y2J... I think they're just going to have a non-title match between the two.

And if Punk is in the MITB match... I doubt they'd have an ECW Title match

Tag Team Match
Kane, Big Show, Batista vs. Mark Henry, Umaga, and Big Titty Daddy...oops I mean Big Daddy V =P
Honestly, Idk where else to put any of them (especially Batista) and I would put it past Vinnie Mac to have some sort of monster gimmick match like this with all except Khali in it (maybe he even making an appearance).
Hell, let's even get Rikishi to come back for a night and deliver a stink face to V where there is actually ass rubbing all over tits, haha it would be HiSTERICAL!!!
Doubt this would happen... but I like the random ideas... Rikishi stink facing Big Daddy T (Titty) would be awesome.

Women's Championship
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Mickie James vs. Candice Michelle vs. Maria
This one I'd say Maria doesn't actually win, but somehow ends up helping Candice or Mickie to win and just celebrates with them at the end.
Okay, so I thought it was going to be Phoenix vs. Ashley vs. Candice vs. Maria.... having all the Playboy girls challenge... but then I came up with two women's matches for the night... I think the Women's Championship will be Phoenix vs. James vs. Michelle

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Jeff Hardy vs. Ron Killings vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Kofi Kingston vs. John Morrison vs. Elijah Burke vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. SHAWN MICHAELS!!!!
So the originator of the ladder match (Michaels) vs. the master of it (Hardy) with huge spots from all. I say good chance of Hardy winning, and late in year having run as champ. But more likely is Kennedy repeating (see below).
Yeah, I think all of these guys have a big chance to be in the MITB match. Except Ron Killings. I don't think he's going to be used until after WM24

Texas Bullrope Match
Chris Jericho vs. JBL
Obviously, signs of this may have been dropped in the past several weeks. I would expect this to be very bloody and the culmination of the feud. Jericho goes over.
Pretty much yeah. Never thought of a Texas Bullrope Match

Custody Match
Finlay vs. Mr. Mcmahon
Something is revealed about the "deal" between the two and to save their friendship Finlay does this and gets the win, ending the whole Hornswoggle/Finlay/Mcmahon angle.
Definitely. I've been thinking it'll be a Custody match as well

Career Threatening Match
Randy Orton vs. Ric Flair.
Now think about this..who better to end the career of arguably the greatest wrestler to ever lace em up than the Legend Killer himself?? I could def. see Orton losing at NWO and in a rematch, then taking his frustrations out on Flair by ending his career.
I disagree. I'm think Batista or HBK. Orton'll probably be in the main event.

ECW Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. Shelton Benjamin
I say Punk wins title back from Chavo at NWO and this feud starts. With these two young, up-and-comers this match COULD def. be great and steal the show if done right....but probably won't be done right.
I doubt it. CM Punk isn't going to win the title until a PPV match. He's not going to win it on ECW

Immediately after a long and hard fought match, Kennedy (who won MITB earlier in the night) comes down, and in the ultimate swerve cashes in and win the title to fulfill his promise from last year. Yea I see people saying this on here, but I don't think too many people have thought of this possibility and I seriously doubt many think it will happen, so if it really did I would be shocked.
This would be awesome. Except that I doubt it'll happen -- Edge has done it twice already.

although I really like the whole Mr. Kennedy fulfilling his promise from last year. Good Idea.

Retirement Match
HBK Vs Flair

This should be Flairs Farewell Match with HBK winning but no hatred coming out of it but pure respect.
Either this or Batista vs. Flair.... I don't know... apparently WWE is pushing for Batista.

Money In The Bank

Jeff Vs Benjamin Vs Keneddy Vs Kane Vs Rey (If medically cleared) Vs Y2J Vs JBL Vs Umaga

This match should be good with Benjamin and Jeff in it, Jeff should win as he is receiving a big push atm. The rest are just in there cause they have nothing to do and Y2J and JBL can continue their rivalry in this as i doubt they will have a singles match at WM as they had one on raw. They should put 6 people in this match as it gets too crowded, but they probably wont happen.
Rey's a no go in my books... damn, two WM's in a year.
Jeff is my bet to win it.
I think all of these people are good contenders except for Rey, JBL and Y2J, I think they'll have a single match. Read my post.

Big Show Vs Batista

i think Batista might be in a money in the bank qualifiying match on Smackdown and someone comes out and costs him the match. finally it is revealed that it was the big show and his back and his coming to take out the trash. I see Big show winning here to make his suprise return complete.
I doubt it. Show's probably going up against Mayweather.

ECW Championship:

Chavo (C) Vs Punk (Ladder or Extreme Rulz Match)

I Dont see Chavo losing the title At No Way Out and i dont see benjamin getting a title shot so i see another rematch for the title between these two at WM but this time i think it might a ladder or extreme rulz match to make it interesting. Punk should win it back here.
Wouldn't be surprised to see it. Probably not a ladder match, they won't do two ladder matches in one night. I mean... they did two chambers... but they won't repeat it.

WWE Tag Titles

Miz and Morrision (C) Vs Moore And Yang Vs Jesse And Festus Vs The Edge Heads

I see WWE going with a fatal 4 way for the tag titles here and i see Jesse and Festus winning the titles thanks to the rage of Festus.
Probably not. None of these tag teams are really pushed enough for tag title shots.... I doubt the WWE tag titles will be on the card. Maybe a dark match.

WORLD TAG TITLES

Holly And Rhodes (C) Vs Carlito and Santino

i see this being at Wrestlemania but i see Holly and Rhodes retaining with Maria costing Santino the match.
I think the match could go either way, but I doubt Maria will get involved.

Womens Title

Candice Vs Mickie Vs Phoneix (C)

I see Candice making here return and coming for revenge and the title. i also see Mickie being involved and turning a bit heel and crazy in the process after not being able to beat phoneix. Candice wins by pinning Phoniex.
THANK YOU! This is what I've been thinking for a long time. Read my post for my excuse.

Winner Gets To Keep Hornsowoggle.

Vince Vs Finlay W/ Hornswoggle: Special Ref Mick Foley

this seems fairly obvious with the way things are going and i see foley being the ref as they usually have a speical ref at Wrestlemania. i see Vince getting angry with foley for counting too slow and Shane gets involved and takes out foley. Foley eventually recovers and takes out shane and puts the socko on vince. Hornswoggle then climbs up and hits the splash and finaly gets the pin to get custody of Hornswoggle.
dude. nice. I knew of this match, but I wasn't thinking of how Foley could get involved, but as a special ref would be awesome.

Updated card:
Orton vs Batista
Dunno why, but I got this match as a lock. I have no clue how the storyline would work, but it seems as the best possible match for both, unless one of the title matches is in a 3way, then one of these 2 could be in the MITB.

Big Show vs JBL
Big Show returns in great shape, I think it would make this a great match, only thing these 2 would be fighting for storyline wise would be a top contenders spot for the WWE title.

Women's title c. Beth vs 5 other Divas

Something like a 6 way match for the Womens title.

No to Orton vs. Batista. I don't think they'd do a match this big with nothing really behind it.

Show vs. JBL.... no way. JBL is going to continue to feud with Y2J.

Women's Championship: I'm thinking there will be two diva matches. Candice vs. Phoenix vs. Mickie James and Maria/Ashley vs. Melina/Jillian in a tag match (they did it with Torrie and Sable vs. Stacy Keibler and Miss Jackie). If you think it'll be a 6-way... then it would be Beth Phoenix vs. Candice vs. Ashley vs. Maria vs. Melina vs. Jillian Hall/Mickie James.... But I doubt it would be like this.

WrestleMania 24;

WWE Championship;
Triple Threat Match;
Randy Orton(c) vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

-Basically, Randy Orton comes out saying how he retained his title from John Cena, Triple H comes out saying that at WrestleMania he will become x12 Champion, then Cena comes out saying, Orton knows he cant defeat him and gets added to the Championship match at Mania. Triple H will win the title this year. Then continue a fued with Cena.

World Heavyweight Championship;
Edge(c) vs. The Undertaker

-Well yeah, its confirmed already :). Im not too sure about the outcome of this match. If i had to pick one, i'd go with The Undertaker. Then continue their fued for a couple more months.

Career Threatening Match;
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair vs. "Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels

-I think Ric Flair, will come out doing a promo on Raw, about how his career is still alive. Shawn Michaels, will say he doesnt have a match at Wrestlemania and out of respect and challenge the Nature Boy to a match at WrestleMania. Shawn Michaels gets the win.

Money in the Bank 4;
Jeff Hardy vs. Mr.Kennedy vs. Batista vs. Kane vs. Umaga vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison vs. Rey Mysterio(if able) Otherwise not sure.

-Normal build up as previous years. Jeff Hardy takes the win.

ECW World Championship;
Chavo Guerrero(c) vs. Cm Punk

-Cm Punk is granted one more chance at the ECW Championship. Cm Punk wins the Title.

Texas Bullrope Match/ I quit Match;
John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Chris Jericho

-I think a match between the 2 at WrestleMania is a lock, have been fueding since December, what better way too end it, then at WrestleMania. Needs to be a gimmick match and im going with Bullrope or I Quit. Jericho takes the win.

Street Fight;
Finlay w Hornswoggle vs. Mr.McMahon

-Imo, this is a lock, Finlay wins, finally ending this whole Hornswoggle/ McMahon storyline.

Boxing Match;
Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather

-After seeing what happened at No Way Out, i can definatly see these 2 having a match at Mania, more then likely Boxing Match. Mayweather wins.

United States Championship;
Montel Vontavious Porter(c) vs. Matt Hardy

-Again Imo this match is a lock, has been building for months. No better way too end it, then on the Grandest Stage of them all WrestleMania. Matt Hardy wins, MVP moves on to better and bigger things.

Womens Championship;
Triple Threat Match;
Beth Phoenix(c) vs. Candice Michelle vs. Mickie James

-Candice is due back soon, it looks like there is a Beth/ Mickie fueding going on atm and i cant see Maria getting a title shot. Candice wins the title.

WWE Title- Randy Orton (c) V Triple H V John Cena
This is almost definetly happening, Cena will get a rematch and added to the match already. Hopefully they hype this one up loads over the next 6 weeks, and somehow they make a great match. I have a strange feeling that the money in the bank winner- Mr Kennedy perhaps will cash it in after this match and win the title.

World Title- Edge (c) V Undertaker
This is one of the first Undertaker matches at wrestlemania that i'm not sure about. I'd love Edge to win, it'll give him an unbelievable push, yet at the same time i don't want Takers great record to end yet, because he still has 2-3 wrestlemania matches left in him.

Career Threatening Match- Batista V Flair
Its either Batista or Michaels, yet i'm going with Batista here. Former evolution teammates, great friends, and it could turn Batista heel in the process.

Intercontinental Title- Jeff Hardy (c) V Michaels
Could happen, and i hope they do another match like they done on Raw, but better.

Bullrope Match- JBL V Jericho
Could be a great match, if their not in this they'll be in the MITB.

Rey Mysterio V Big Show- Mayweather special enforcer
Everyone thinks it'll be Big Show V Mayweather in a boxing match, tbh i doubt this as it'll damage Big Show's comeback, if they do box it'll be at saturday nights main event. This could be a nostalgia type moment of 10 years ago with Tyson.

ECW Title- CM Punk V Shelton- I know this is a long shot, but it would be a fantastic match, i so hope they do this instead of a rematch between Punk and Chavo.

U.S Title- MVP (c) V Matt Hardy
Almost definetly happening. Hopefully Matt Hardy will win and MVP will be pushed into main event status.

MITB- Chavo or Shelton V Burke V Kane V Carlito V Mr Kennedy V Umaga V Miz V Morrison- May be different people, since i picked a lot of ECW stars. I see Mr Kennedy winning this and cashing it in at the end of the night. I just thought back to earlier in the year when he said he'd cash in his last one at WM24.

With the Mayweather match and Vince/Finlay both on the card, that is already almost an hour right there with entrances and buildup packages. You know Vince is going to hog as much time for his segment as he can, and we're bound to get several other behind the scenes segments with people left off the show and the HOF segment. Leaves about 2 hours and 45 minutes if they don't go over the 45 minute mark during the last hour.

Cena/Orton/Triple H for the WWE title seems likley. I'd rather see a triple threat than a singles match between any of those three. The only good Orton/Triple H match was the last man standing one. Cena/Orton just hasn't been that great. Cena/Triple H was all about the crowd.

Undertaker/Edge should be good. Taker always bumps up his performance for Mania and I'm sure Edge will also.

They better blowoff Hardy/MVP here. I just hope it gets enough time to be a good match, and not just solid tv stuff.

I liked the Mayweather segment at NWO, but I don't want to see WrestleMania time wasted on a non wrestler wrestling.

Chavo/Punk for the ECW title is possible. They could always do Dreamer/Chavo and put Punk in the MITB match. With 6 weeks and 2 shows a week since Smackdown and ECW have the talent exchange they got more than enough time to build Dreamer up for a title match.

Shawn/Hardy could be fun or same old depending on what sort of match they have. I don't want to see Michaels turn heel though, as I'd rather see a face versus face match with the two trying to outspot each other instead of a generic face vs. heel grudge match.

Flair/Batista....I don't know. Batista's matches with Taker were good, but outside that I don't have a high opinion on Batista whatsoever. I'd rather see Flair put over Shelton in his final match, as it could be a big nudge to Shelton's push (if they continue pushing him that is). Kennedy/Flair wouldn't be that great, as last night's match wasn't anything special. If Rey's not going to do the tag match with Mayweather, they might as well have Batista in that and have Flair put over someone else in his final match.

I want to see Beth and Mickie's feud get blownoff here with Mickie getting the belt, but with all the other big matches, the women's match is bound to get squash time so they might as well do Maria/Beth as filler. I don't like the way WWE pushes Maria and Kelly, as I think improved or not they are better suited as valets or announcers. But that is a post for another time.

Jeircho versus JBL needs a gimmick so I'll go with last man standing since I don't care for bullrope matches that much. Either way Jericho wins and moves onto something better.

MITB will either be 6 man or 8 man like last year, I would assume. They could always do a 10 men MITB if they need to get more folks on the card.

That is 11 matches, which is not a good idea for a 4 hour show where you have a Vince match and a celeb match that are bound to get a good deal of time. Put Michaels and Hardy in the MITB match, brings it to 10 matches which is a bit better, but still might be too overbooked. Personally, I say can the Mayweather angle and keep Finlay/Vince short, do Beth/Mickie then and the rest would be pretty good and every match should get enough time.

Updated predictions for the card....

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP: Randy Orton vs John Cena vs Triple H
--I still think if Triple H really wants to turn heel and feud with Cena, this would be the best time to do it. However, I don't think its possible. I don't think anybody would consider Triple H the heel if he was against Cena. This'll backfire on them. On top of that, this match won't be too great.

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP: Edge vs Undertaker
--Its a shame Undertaker has to get the belt by beating Edge, as I feel both guys should be at the top of the company. I'd much rather have Edge as WWE champion than Orton/Cena/Triple H. But still, Taker's the man, and he'll keep the streak alive by winning the championship. Its just a shame that Edge has to lose a championship in the process lol.

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP: MVP vs Matt Hardy
--I don't know...does anybody else feel like they DON'T want to do this? They've stalled the hell out of it. Two of them were injuries, yeah, but two of the other stalls were "fake injuries". They must really not want Hardy to take the belt. If they DO do this, Hardy will win, but I don't think its as sure of a bet as it was when the feud still had some steam, which was what, four months ago?

CAREER THREATENING MATCH: Ric Flair vs HBK
--I don't care what the latest rumor is, I just can't see Flair choosing to lose to Batista over HBK unless he's lost his mind. HBK goes over, clean, and ends Flair's career, then they shake hands and hug and this Flair angle is finally over.

WORTHLESS CELEBRITY MATCH: Big Show & ?? vs What's his face & Batista
--I don't know who Big Show would team up with, but I can see Batista being thrown in here due to the lack of opponents for him as it stands right now. Mysterio's not going to be healed by then.

WORTHLESS HORNSWOGGLE MATCH: Finlay vs Vince McMahon
--Finlay wins. Hopefully this means Hornswoggle leaves the WWE. This match will be a total waste of time, just like the celebrity one above.

WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP: Beth Phoenix vs Mickie James
--Can't see them doing Maria (but I would, ha, had to make that joke) just because of the Playboy angle. That is, of course, unless they do some sort of threeway (again, heh) where its Mickie/Ashley/Maria vs Beth/Melina/Jillian.

MONEY IN THE BANK: Jeff Hardy vs Kennedy vs John Morrison vs Kane vs Shelton Benjamin vs Umaga
--This is, naturally, a ballpark guess. They could easily throw Carlito in here instead of someone, or Burke instead of Umaga, or whatever. Hardy will win if he's in this. If not, it depends, but possibly Kennedy, and then possibly Morrison, but then we're stretching.

*Conundrum: This is already a lot to push, and on top of that, I haven't even added an ECW championship defense NOR have I added a Jericho/JBL match. Honestly, I'm hoping JBL/Jericho DOESN'T happen, as this feud has been terrible since the beginning. I'd rather see Y2J in the MITB match and JBL off the card completely. As far as ECW goes, I really hope we don't have to sit through another Chavo/Punk match. We've seen what, 6 so far? Give it a rest, it isn't even like its a good feud. If Punk isn't in an ECW match here, he'll be in MITB, and if he IS and its not against Chavo, he'll be defending the title against Shelton.

Besides the obvious triple threat for raw and Undefeateds for SD. I see it being HBK ending Flairs run, Matt Hardy getting the U.S. Title, and Jeff Hardy winning the M.I.T.B.

I guess since Jeff won his match tonight and qualified for mitb that he is going to be the favorite to win the match. the only thing wrong with the mitb this year is that according to preview on wwe.com its going to have 8 guys in it again. that was lame last year and kind of hard to follow. with 6 it should be a good match.

wow is anyone else pissed that after all this buildup Hardy has to be in the money in the bank? I mean he is soo over right now he deserves a solid one on one match against hbk or at least kennedy defending that damn title. lol. Y2J needs to stay as far away from JBL as possible come wrestlemania, Y2J has been pushed like a red headed step child out the door. I think he should turn heel and end flairs career or be in MITB since he is the creator of it after all.

Dude they need to do something better with Jeff Hardy( its been 6 years since the I.C. title has been defended at a mania) as well as Chris Jericho who is slowly losing his momentum.

Dude they need to do something better with Jeff Hardy( its been 6 years since the I.C. title has been defended at a mania) as well as Chris Jericho who is slowly losing his momentum.

Exactly bro, but get the title off hardy as he hasnt defended i in at least a month and Y2J isn't slowly losing his momentum, he is rapidly loosing it. If Y2J wasnt such a sick character, the way wwe has been pushing him lately would have killed most others careers

So far my predictions for 'Mania '24..

WWE title match: Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena.
-My personal preference: is to have Orton retain. This hasn't been done in a long time. And the last time I can remember, and correct me if I'm wrong, is when Diesel retained against HBK at 'Mania 11. I love, love, love Orton as the champion. He's brought something to the title I haven't seen in a few years.. a champion you love to hate. and that's a good thing. Of course I don't hate Orton at all, and I'm one of those believers in him, and have been for a few years now.

And as big of a Triple H fan as I am.. I'd much rather see him as either A.) A heel, or B.) chase the underhanding Orton for the title. So here's my scenario, Orton gets knocked out somehow to leave Cena and Trips to "rematch" from the Rumble. Cena lands an FU on Triple H, and Cena celebrates to a chorus of "unsuspecting" boos, leaving an opening for an RKO for the win. Leading to Cena's much needed heel turn, blaming the fans for his loss.

Of course I am somewhat of a realist, and I'm sure Vince is gonna squeeze the life out of Cena, and have his boy win. God I hope, it's the former.

World Heavyweight title match: Edge vs. The Undertaker (15-0).
In a perfect world, these two will have another classic match, and the 'Taker will live up to his name, and do just that.. Take the title. But, I've read some things in the past, as much as I'd hate to see this happen, pointing to Edge being the man to hand the Dead Man his first 'Mania loss.. And Edge being the king of scheme, it would have to be a controversial finish.

Money in the Bank: Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. [at writing] ?? vs. ?? vs. ?? vs. ?? vs. ??.

My money's on Jeff Hardy hands down.. I want him to win, I believe he'll win.. I don't even care who else is in the match.. because the way Jeff Hardy has been on lately, it won't matter.. He's not quite ready to be the WWE champion yet, and what better way to guarantee him a spot at the top later down the road?

For the ECW superstars I see a gauntlet match. That way they are on the show, but they aren't taking up too much space. It would be booked like the usual Cruierweight invitationals.

You know, I never thought about it like that before. But that'd be the perfect way to hold an E.C.W. Championship match at Wrestlemania. And if you think about it, Chavo is always in cruiserweight opens.. so why not let him carry the first-ever E.C.W. Open?!

It'd be the perfect way to get.. Tommy Dreamer, The Miz, John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke and Kofi Kingston all in the match. If you think about it, they could really push Kofi from beginning, or 3rd entry, until the end..

I like this idea. I hope you're right in just clustering them all together in one match, as it could be a possible show stealer.

I don't think for a second that they'd book it properly. But I see it happening. Also a lot of them don't get much oppertuinty to get on PPV. And some of they deserve it. Most of them don't get PPV bounuses. So having them on the big show would help them out.

hear are my predictions
1. Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
Rey Mysterio vs. Umaga vs. Mr.Kennedy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane vs. CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy vs. John Morrison with jeff as the winner

2. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho with jericho getting thw win and putting him in line for a big push

3. United States Championship:
MVP (c) vs. Matt Hardy matt will finally get his shot and win the title

4. Ric Flair vs. Batista (Career Threatening Match) ric flair wins hopefully

5. Finlay (w/Hornswoggle and Mick Foley) vs. JBL (w/Vince McMahon) (Street Fight) with finaly winning

6. Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show (w/Shane McMahon) show wins with the show stopper

7. Women's Championship:
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Mickey James with micky james winning

8. World Heavyweight Championship:
Edge (c) (w/Vickie Guerrero) vs. The Undertaker (Last man Standing) i see taker getting his 15 and 0 and winng the title

9. WWE Championship:
John Cena* (c) vs. Triple H** vs. Randy Orton i can somehow see cena getting a shot at the title before maina and winning it and then orton will use his rematch clause and i say cena will retain at maina

i love the idea of jericho vs michaels, i just don't see it.

As far as the mayweather fight goes. With mysterio having surgery, i wonder if it will still be a tag team match. Crazy idea but what about THE ROCK? I feel like if there was one match he would be down for, this could be it. Very high profile. And since theres a good chance he is going to be there anway. Now I know its kind of a pipe dream but whta do you guys think? It would be huge.

i love the idea of jericho vs michaels, i just don't see it.

As far as the mayweather fight goes. With mysterio having surgery, i wonder if it will still be a tag team match. Crazy idea but what about THE ROCK? I feel like if there was one match he would be down for, this could be it. Very high profile. And since theres a good chance he is going to be there anway. Now I know its kind of a pipe dream but whta do you guys think? It would be huge.

No, The Rock wont come back. If your any kind of wrestling fan, you no that the Rock isn't returning. As for the high profile match that he could come back to. I think that the Rock's Legacy has been set and he doesn't need to do a match like that. yes the Rock would be their because of his father being inducted into the HoF. The chances of him coming back are slim and none.

hear are my predictions
1. Money in the Bank Ladder Match:
Rey Mysterio vs. Umaga vs. Mr.Kennedy vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane vs. CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy vs. John Morrison with jeff as the winner

2. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho with jericho getting thw win and putting him in line for a big push

3. United States Championship:
MVP (c) vs. Matt Hardy matt will finally get his shot and win the title

4. Ric Flair vs. Batista (Career Threatening Match) ric flair wins hopefully

5. Finlay (w/Hornswoggle and Mick Foley) vs. JBL (w/Vince McMahon) (Street Fight) with finaly winning

6. Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show (w/Shane McMahon) show wins with the show stopper

7. Women's Championship:
Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Mickey James with micky james winning

8. World Heavyweight Championship:
Edge (c) (w/Vickie Guerrero) vs. The Undertaker (Last man Standing) i see taker getting his 15 and 0 and winng the title

9. WWE Championship:
John Cena* (c) vs. Triple H** vs. Randy Orton i can somehow see cena getting a shot at the title before maina and winning it and then orton will use his rematch clause and i say cena will retain at maina

Im going to make this short and sweet because there is a lot of bull shit in this.
1. Plain and simple- As far as i know, Jericho wont be facing HBK, I would like to see that match. But their is nothing behind that storyline.
2.Ric Flair is going to lose, I think against HBK or Batista
3. Floyd is going to win, because as far i know, the WM24 deal for Floyd is just a one time thing.
4. I would like to see a Last Man Standing Match, but you can't have Both title matches, Gimmick Matches. I already don't agree with the triple threat match. I would like to see, HHH vs. Cena or Randy vs. HHH.
5. Randy will Keep the title up until WM24, Cena will probably win it, unless Hunter McMahon has his way, which i hope he does.

This is what I believe will happen at the grandest stage od them all

The WWE Title fight: Cena vs Orton vs HHH
I'm tired of this wanna be Cena and I hate Orton so HHH should win. It would be good for the king of games to have another title run.

The World Heavyweight Title fight: Taker vs Edge
Taker will remain undefeated at mania and put an end to this scraps title reign. hopefully the relaitionship between edge and vickie doesnt continue.

Money in the Bank: JBL or Y2J vs Kennedy vs Benjamin vs Punk vs Kane vs Mysterio vs Morrison vs Burke
Either if its JBL or Y2J one of them will win. ( I would put J.Hardy put he needs to defend that damn title)

US Title fight: M.Hardy vs MVP
Matt makes his big return and wins the belt

Show vs Mayweather
Somehow I now this will end up happening. I'm tired of all the celebs getting envolved w/ the WWE. Just stay in the stands. Anyways Show will dominate Mayweather, but he should put up a fight.

Street Fight: V.McMahon vs Finlay w/ Hornswaggle
Vince will end up calling a pond like Umaga to help him out and win.

Career Threatening Match: Flair vs HBK or Batista
Flair will win a close one via countout. When Taker finally loses the belt he will be the one to end Flairs career!

IC Title fight: J.Hardy vs JBL or Y2J
Hopefully its JBL because I want Him to hold the belt. (Sorry but I'm probably his only fan)

Womens Title fight: Phoenix vs James
We need some women involved. Mickie wins using the tights on a school boy pin. If this doesnt happen hopefully their is a Bra and Panties match T.Wilson vs M.McCool

A Dream Match: Hogan vs Khali
Hogan makes a guest appearance on SD. Khali interrupts and starts a rivalry causing this match.

With new enlightenment...

WWE Championship
Randy Orton (c) vs. John Cena vs. HHH
Triple Threat Match

I called this one. This time, I think HHH pins Orton and wins the WWE title, setting up the HHH vs. Cena feud.

World Heavyweight Championship
Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker

WWE didn't give up on this one. Undertaker can easily overcome Vickie and the Edgeheads to go to 16-0 and once again win the World Heavyweight Title.

Career Threatening Match
Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels

Why Shawn Michaels? What the hell? Unless McMahon hires Hulk Hogan to go heel, it really doesn't make sense for Shawn to retire Flair. Although, I could see McMahon coming and saying it's a retirement match, and saying the loser of the match is forced to retire. That would make more sense.

United States Championship
M.V.P. (c) vs. Matt Hardy

I'm not giving up on this yet. Even though Matt hasn't made one appearance, it's time that he step up. Hardy wins the U.S. strap in what could steal the show, and MVP moves on to feud with Taker.

Tag Team Grudge Match
Finlay and Hornswaggle vs. Vince McMahon and J.B.L.

The "wrestling god" relegated to beating up midgets? I could see JBL moving on to feud with HHH (a feud 3 years in the making, remember Wrestlemania 21?) but Finlay and Hornswaggle get the win with a lot of shilleigh help.

Women's Championship
Beth Phoenix vs. Candice Michelle vs. Mickie James vs. Victoria
Fatal Four-way

Phoenix keeps the belt in a hard-fought match. Not all of the faces can win. Poor Mickie James...

Money in the Bank match
Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Umaga vs. Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison vs. The Miz vs. Tommy Dreamer

Although Hardy's push shouldn't have to end, somehow I see Kennedy winning this again. Would McMahon want two rewinds from last year, with Taker winning the World Heavyweight Title AND Kennedy winning another Money in the Bank? I say either Hardy wins it but loses the Intercontinental title to Kennedy the next night on RAW, or Kennedy wins it and sneaks in the triple threat match to win the WWE title. [If that happens, then Taker vs. Edge would be the last match of the night; I can't see Wrestlemania ending with a heel winning the WWE title again]

World Tag Team Titles
Cody Rhodes and Hardcore Holly vs. Santino Murella and Carlito

Santino and Carlito win the tag team titles. Like I said, not all of the faces can win...

ECW Championship
Chavo Guerrero (c) vs. C.M. Punk

I think the WWE had this in mind with John Morrison and with Chris Benoit. Have C.M. Punk finally win the ECW title on the biggest stage. This time he'll get his second title reign.

Batista and Floyd Mayweather vs. Big Show and Shane McMahon

It's a high profile match for Batista and Big Show, and it sets up a feud between them that doesn't have to be for the title. Batista and Floyd get the win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back