Forum Quirks

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
The bar room was built for devastatingly dull threads like this. Don't you dare complain. Things I do:

- I don't use the 'new posts' thing. Never have. I just open about twenty new tabs.
- I sometimes post in closed threads just to show I can.
- I used to open and close threads in the bar room every thirty seconds in the hope that I'd create a divide between people who could post in it and people who couldn't. Jonny then stripped me of my Bar Room powers for unrelated reasons and I haven't done in since.
- I ban promising new posters when nobody's looking. D-Man's lucky he's IC's friend - all I'm saying.

I don't use the "New Posts" button either. I just go section to section, thread to thread.

I don't actually make my sigs any more, I just edit the previous one on photobucket.

I have never used the new posts button

I probably read about 2 posts per thread maximum

I only return to a thread if I've picked someone's post apart first.

* I search my name each time I log on, I'm usually left with lots of Y 2 Jane posts and not much else.

* I like the idea of reading other peoples posts, but I can't be bothered.

* I always go to New Posts, but I get three pages in and get bored, then I look at the final three pages of new posts, then I just look at the movies section.

* I'm not intrested in posting in a wrestling thread if I can't have one of the first 10 posts.

I always go through sections in the same order. Bar Room, Video Games, Movies, Music, Cigar Lounge, TNA PPV's, TNA, WWE PPV's, ECW, Smackdown, Raw, WWE, TNA VS WWE, Wrestlemania. I hit "new posts" in between each section to see if someone's answered any of mine.... now that's a quirk! lol Otherwise I never click "new posts" either.

I have a bigger quirk than that one.... but I haven't decided if I'm going to share it.

I always click new posts and open every thread that interests me in a new tab until I reach either the end or the last place I was before. Then I go through and read all of them and decide whether or not I'm going to post. Unless I haven't been on for a while, I usually don't go past the first page or 2

• I send more PMs than pretty much anyone else on the forum.
  • I get more too.
  • I go to my inbox, the Board Room, Cigar lounge, Bar Room and WWE section, in that order, then use new posts.
  • Having more than one tab per website annoys me.
  • I skim over all posts in a thread to moderate it, yet take in nothing that is said from a majority of posters.
  • I search my name once a week. I always find something interesting.

- If I write a post with something like "I don't care" in it, I'll instantly stop what I'm writing and close the tab.

I don't really feel like I fit anywhere.

A lot of times I'll be in the middle of apost when I hit a block and either lamely wrap it up or close the tab.

I always check the ECW section. I consider it to be my show.

I never use the New Posts button.

• A lot of things I don't use is because I don't know how or never knew we could. And I'm admin.
  • When I became an active member of the forums, I started thinking of things in my daily life in terms of thread potential.
  • The way I am on the forums is exactly the way I am in real life.
  • If / when I were to step down as admin, I'd ask whomever I left in charge to leave me on a "Moderator Emeritus" of the Non-Wrestling Sections.
  • My favorite people are the ones who prove my ideas can be successful. Perfect example - JMT may be my favorite mod because he made the MMA section work when other mods wanted it made into a sports sub-forum.

I will not post in a wrestling thread unless I can post on the first two pages. Unless, of course someone responds to something that I have said. Usually all that can be said in a wrestling thead has been said by the end of the second page.

I find myself speaking for anybody who reads my non-spam posts as though they're asking me questions, and I'm answering.

I have no idea why I seem to reside in the Bar Room, as I get a sense of pride after each non-spam post.

If / when I were to step down as admin, I'd ask whomever I left in charge to leave me on a "Moderator Emeritus" of the Non-Wrestling Sections.

Erm, can I do that?

My favorite people are the ones who prove my ideas can be successful. Perfect example - JMT may be my favorite mod because he made the MMA section work when other mods wanted it made into a sports sub-forum.

Hey, I helped with that.

1) I speak on here as I do in teh real lifez. Except I find myself cursing a bit more on here. And I don't flame anyone with even a 1/10th of the "oomph" I do here. I don't even yell at people much, if ever.

2) New Posts button? Where?

3) I usually try to be good about visiting threads I've posted in to see if someone has responded to me. Usually I forget about it, though. I'm sure Sid is pissed off that I've gone into at least 2 threads (that I can remember) of his, posted, then forgot to answer to his inevitable rebuttal. I'm sorry Sid. I forget. :(

4) I purposefully try to be funny and colloquial when I start threads in the Cigar Lounge. It's a new theory I'm testing to see if I can get more responses.

In long bar room threads, I just search "TM". Half bar room threads I dont open if I hover my moust over them and they sound shitty. I hate people that have TM in their sig, such as hiTMan, or whatever Razor has in his.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back