Fantasy Football - Age Of Empires dynasty league

Gurley is already the best best running back in football. You have to do a ton better than that.

I wouldn't say the best, but he's up there yeah.

The offer could've been better but it wasn't as bad as Ty makes it seem. While I do think the offer is fair when you consider how the RB position can be very unpredictable (see Jeremy Hill and other top RB's falling apart this year) , I'd have no issue increasing my offer.

Hard to know what people think of trade offers though when they don't comment on the offers they reject.

Dude Todd Gurley is the number 2 player in our league.

The players you sent probably don't even Crack the top 75, and witten is sure to retire soon.

I'll put it this way, to all of you....if I don't comment on a trade I reject it's because I'm trying to be polite.

I probably should've looked at the numbers for RB's a little closer before making an offer.

And as far as Witten goes, sure he might retire in a couple years but until he does he's gonna continue to provide solid fantasy points.

Not really. Dwyane Harris is the Giants #2 WR, LeFell is slowly getting back into the swing of things and had a good game this week, and Witten is one of the top tight ends in football. Plus two top 10 picks in 2017.

That for Gurley and an 11th round pick isn't "laughably bad".

Let me break it down for you.

Witten - 583 years old. No lasting value, and is a low end TE1 at best anymore.

Lafell - Relevant only because Tom Brady. A WR2 at best, already 29. He leaves New England he's worthless.

Dwayne Harris - Completely worthless. He is not the #2 in New York, that would be Reuben Randle. And even then it's only because of injury to Cruz. If Cruz were healthy Harris wouldn't see the field except for fielding punts and kick offs. So any jump in value he may have had is significantly temporary.

Your "Top picks" were a 6th round and a 10th round pick. A top pick is a 1st round or 2nd round pick. You're digging for diamonds in the rough in the 6th and filling out the bench in the 10th.

Meanwhile we have Todd Gurley. Who has instantly jumped into the discussion as the best RB in the league. Already, as a rookie. He has significant potential to be a 1300-1500 yards per season back in this league, and in dynasty terms, that is for a 10-13 year career. That is huge.

This is what you fail to realize often times with your trades. You look far too often at the impact now. And this isn't even much with the above you offered compared to a bona fide set him and forget him running back already. But you also look at people that can be on your team for years to come. Especially with what Norcal is doing, he's building a team that isn't going to contend this year anyway, but he's collecting pieces and assets that will develop into a team that will be a force in the next 2 or 3 years, potentially even next year if the right moves are made. What good does a low end TE1 (I consider him a TE2 myself) that will be out of the league in a year or two, a WR2/WR3 borderline player that could easily be out of the league in 2-3 years, a WR6 in all honesty in Harris, and a middle round pick and a bottom round pick that he wouldn't see until 2017 when he's not focused on competing now?

Essentially you're trying to offer 35 cents on the dollar. Go back and see what I had to give up for Adrian Peterson. 2 first round picks, and at the time the starting RB for the Cowboys. At the time I traded a RB2, maybe RB1 potential and 2 first round picks for 2-3 years of Peterson. Think about that, and then take into consideration the potential Gurley can do. He can have a Peterson career, and that's for the next 10+ years. That's worth more than what I paid for Peterson, but I paid the price for Peterson because my team is in win now mode. 1st round picks to someone like me are currency to buy players to help me achieve that. 1st round picks to a team rebuilding are lottery tickets.

Value is not based on the immediate gains in dynasty football. It's in the name itself. Dynasty. You're trying to build a team that can contend year after year. If you can't contend with your current crop, then you sell for youth, picks, and the potential for your team to gel and become that contender later down the line. Gurley is a huge piece of that puzzle for Norcal already for the future. When Peterson is done for me, Gurley is still going majorily strong for Norcal (if all things work out of course).

See you keep digging for a trade that is going to substantially benefit you while leaving your trading partner with nothing but crumbs. You want to hand everyone the pu pu platter for filet mignon and you don't understand why no body accepts. I got a dime, I don't want six pennies for it. Reevaluate your views on long term value (probably your short term value too if you think Harris is worthwhile), and how it ties directly into the trade you are working on. The likes of Dwayne Harris is going to be a nobody next week for all intents and purposes. Jason Witten is a dinosaur waiting for the meteor to hit. Todd Gurley is a ridiculously huge diamond, that Norcal himself had to sell the farm for in the first place. He's not handing it over for copper pieces.

Let me break it down for you.

Witten - 583 years old. No lasting value, and is a low end TE1 at best anymore.

Lafell - Relevant only because Tom Brady. A WR2 at best, already 29. He leaves New England he's worthless.

Dwayne Harris - Completely worthless. He is not the #2 in New York, that would be Reuben Randle. And even then it's only because of injury to Cruz. If Cruz were healthy Harris wouldn't see the field except for fielding punts and kick offs. So any jump in value he may have had is significantly temporary.

Your "Top picks" were a 6th round and a 10th round pick. A top pick is a 1st round or 2nd round pick. You're digging for diamonds in the rough in the 6th and filling out the bench in the 10th.

Meanwhile we have Todd Gurley. Who has instantly jumped into the discussion as the best RB in the league. Already, as a rookie. He has significant potential to be a 1300-1500 yards per season back in this league, and in dynasty terms, that is for a 10-13 year career. That is huge.

This is what you fail to realize often times with your trades. You look far too often at the impact now. And this isn't even much with the above you offered compared to a bona fide set him and forget him running back already. But you also look at people that can be on your team for years to come. Especially with what Norcal is doing, he's building a team that isn't going to contend this year anyway, but he's collecting pieces and assets that will develop into a team that will be a force in the next 2 or 3 years, potentially even next year if the right moves are made. What good does a low end TE1 (I consider him a TE2 myself) that will be out of the league in a year or two, a WR2/WR3 borderline player that could easily be out of the league in 2-3 years, a WR6 in all honesty in Harris, and a middle round pick and a bottom round pick that he wouldn't see until 2017 when he's not focused on competing now?

Essentially you're trying to offer 35 cents on the dollar. Go back and see what I had to give up for Adrian Peterson. 2 first round picks, and at the time the starting RB for the Cowboys. At the time I traded a RB2, maybe RB1 potential and 2 first round picks for 2-3 years of Peterson. Think about that, and then take into consideration the potential Gurley can do. He can have a Peterson career, and that's for the next 10+ years. That's worth more than what I paid for Peterson, but I paid the price for Peterson because my team is in win now mode. 1st round picks to someone like me are currency to buy players to help me achieve that. 1st round picks to a team rebuilding are lottery tickets.

Value is not based on the immediate gains in dynasty football. It's in the name itself. Dynasty. You're trying to build a team that can contend year after year. If you can't contend with your current crop, then you sell for youth, picks, and the potential for your team to gel and become that contender later down the line. Gurley is a huge piece of that puzzle for Norcal already for the future. When Peterson is done for me, Gurley is still going majorily strong for Norcal (if all things work out of course).

See you keep digging for a trade that is going to substantially benefit you while leaving your trading partner with nothing but crumbs. You want to hand everyone the pu pu platter for filet mignon and you don't understand why no body accepts. I got a dime, I don't want six pennies for it. Reevaluate your views on long term value (probably your short term value too if you think Harris is worthwhile), and how it ties directly into the trade you are working on. The likes of Dwayne Harris is going to be a nobody next week for all intents and purposes. Jason Witten is a dinosaur waiting for the meteor to hit. Todd Gurley is a ridiculously huge diamond, that Norcal himself had to sell the farm for in the first place. He's not handing it over for copper pieces.

I get what you're saying. I still.disagree on Harris because Cruz can't stay healthy and he's got more points than Randle. But I get it.

Can fully admit I tend to focus on the year at hand more than the future, still adjusting to the dynasty league thing. But I wouldn't say I'm trying to screw people in trades, it's just my mindset is usually on the year at hand than the future, because who the hell knows for sure what will happen in the future.

I get what you're saying. I still.disagree on Harris because Cruz can't stay healthy and he's got more points than Randle. But I get it.

Can fully admit I tend to focus on the year at hand more than the future, still adjusting to the dynasty league thing. But I wouldn't say I'm trying to screw people in trades, it's just my mindset is usually on the year at hand than the future, because who the hell knows for sure what will happen in the future.

See I truly don't believe you are in all honesty. But you will need to change your mind set to that long term/short term ratio of thinking that everyone else is in to properly barter. Sure you don't know what may happen in the future, but it's the same thing as the stock market.

Change your perspective from being in a standard fantasy football league, and think of this as running a real NFL team and you are the general manager. Would a GM take a 14 year veteran TE, a WR that is only good for kick and punt returning, a WR that has had only a year or two of success and failures everywhere else, an equivalent 4th round pick, and a 7th round pick for the next great RB, that just so happens to be a rookie?

Yeah that's a good way of putting it. And looking at my team I'll probably have to part with one of my core four young WR's if I wanna pick up a good young RB.

Effective this week, Ty and Myself will take over the day to day operations of "Joe FLacco Gummy Bears" until we find a suitable replacement owner.

No more auto wins.

I didn't even notice until last night he didn't set his lineup, but I'll take the win to end my losing streak anyway.

and naturally I lost this week. I expected it as seemingly my entire team was on bye, including the League MVP Justin Tucker and Starting QB Russel Wilson. Now that all my guys are back I should be right in the thick of it for the remainder of the season. And I have no idea how in the hell I left Shady McCoy on my bench. Must have missed it. Oh well I would have lost anyway.

By the way, anybody looking to offload a runner? I'm suddenly in the market for one. Or 2. Remember how I said I may trade a QB in the offseason? Well needs sometimes change things, and I may consider parting with Blake Wilson or Russel Bortles. Or Johnny Football.

Expansion Team and League Champ in the same year? Sounds like a plan for me. And I celebrate a League Championship with a trip to WRESTLEMANIA.

and naturally I lost this week. I expected it as seemingly my entire team was on bye, including the League MVP Justin Tucker and Starting QB Russel Wilson. Now that all my guys are back I should be right in the thick of it for the remainder of the season. And I have no idea how in the hell I left Shady McCoy on my bench. Must have missed it. Oh well I would have lost anyway.

By the way, anybody looking to offload a runner? I'm suddenly in the market for one. Or 2. Remember how I said I may trade a QB in the offseason? Well needs sometimes change things, and I may consider parting with Blake Wilson or Russel Bortles. Or Johnny Football.

Expansion Team and League Champ in the same year? Sounds like a plan for me. And I celebrate a League Championship with a trip to WRESTLEMANIA.

Was this intentional? Because if not that is fucking hilarious.

Was this intentional? Because if not that is fucking hilarious.
Yeah it was intentional. And still hilarious.

Truth be told I'm starting to think they're interchangeable for me in terms of fantasy value. Bortles arguably has more value being that he's a lot younger and has been good this year.

Oh, and Johnny Football is available too. Everybody loves them some Johnny Football.

Speaking of trades, if anybody has a good young RB they're willing to move, I'd like to move a tight end. Maybe in a package with Snead, Watkins, Hilton or Hurns. But it'd take a hell of a lot to get Hilton off me.

I figured since there was talk of Gurley being up for grabs, I'll attempt making an offer. Hope it's worth more than a laugh though. :/

Am I the only one who finds it funny Pancake traded a shit load for Lynch in the pre season then didn't pay attention?

Welcome by the way Nate.

I have Terrence West on my bench. He's on Baltimore's practice squad. This is kind of hilarious. I got some work to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back