Everyone is too nice around here

That's not the problem, it's just a symptom.

Like I said, when DIAR agrees with me, especially on something like this, you know there's a problem. Because I don't think I've ever found anyone to be as opposite to me as DIAR is.

I really doubt DIAR would agree with you considering your views on Becca. If he did, then that'd just be hypo-fucking-critical considering he's one of those who you could say "kiss ass" to her.

Exactly. Sly's kissed the right asses on his own terms and now he dares to look down on people for being nice and have a good flow with what he would consider to be "lower tiered" mods? Oh please. That's just some elitest bullshit that he suddenly decided he wants to be on. But whatever. I'm not going to stress myself out with this anymore. It aint worth it.
LOL

Way to conveniently ignore the fact that I've done anything but kiss ass to the administrators and G-mods around here.

If you're at a party and you don't really know a whole lot of people, you're probably gonna follow along with whatever the popular guys at the party are doin. When in Rome... chug a lot of alcohol.
So, we're going to sacrifice individualism for the sake of conformity?

It's true. There aren't very many good posters in the wrestling forums anymore. But does that mean you have to come into the Bar Room and stir up shit?
Stir up shit?

No, I'm wanting people to start being honest with each other. And quit kissing ass to conform.

The Bar Room is a place to just chat with people, have fun,or God Forbid, be friendly.
......where's Luther when you need him?

There's nothing wrong with being who you are.
Then why are you so supportive of group conformity?

If you really don't like this forum, stop coming. It's not like you actually care about improving the quality of the site.
If I didn't care about improving the quality of the site, then I wouldn't constantly be making suggestions to do so.

If you did, you would accepted that mod spot.
The mod spot was back in October, when I was already coaching jr. high basketball, and doing student teaching. It was right before November (as October often falls), where high school basketball started, which means I would have student teaching, jr. high basketball, and high school basketball all at the same time. I didn't think I'd have the time to do a mod spot properly.

You Think your so Good. Sly. bout a month ago you posted in a thread rambling shit about how you had more post counts then everybody else in that thread combined. and you said we was Noobs.
If I remember correctly, I did that because everyone else was putting down other people's opinion for other piss bucket reasons. If I remember correctly, I even said that I didn't really consider that an excuse for my opinion meaning more, just to prove a point.

unless your afraid to lose.
Are you pulling your Biff trying to call Michael J. Fox chicken?

It will be fine again as it always is. This forum for the most part goes with the same flow that wrestling does, which is to say that it has its ups and downs. I doubt it'll stay this way very long, and it doesn't need you to stir up more drama to get it back to where it could be.

How do you know who will be banned and who won't be? Every single one of us was a newb at one time or another. Some were further ahead than others and who are you to know who will be good and who won't be?

About you saying that I was like a shy child, you're absolutely right and i still am to this day. Somehow, and God himself alone knows how and why, some of the people in charge around here think something good of me and to this day I still want some of what they're on to be that confused. There is nothing at all special to me or my posts. Everything I say is pure basics that anyone that watches wrestling would know. And yes, there are things that piss me off and that I disagree with, but I'm hardly important enough of a person to say anything about them.

Yep. I personally think your to scared to debate with people that arnt known Sly. You know the regulars. but I think your to scared to debate with unknowns incase they are better then you.

TBH, I couldn't give two shits about you as a person, I respect you as a poster, but yeah I get what you mean. All I'm saying, for a set of people who don't matter to you, why the fuck do you rag on a 16 year old girl with a crush or whatever it is on another poster, why the HELL should that matter to you?
Again, because it's symptomatic of how boring and tame the place is nowadays.

And that DOES affect me.

Be in denial all you want. You didn't just start out being a bad ass who mouthed off how ever he pleased.
I started off here because I was in flame war with a mod here on a Youtube thread. We brought it here so we could make longer posts.

You don't know what you're talking about.

quote]You built up a report with many of the people you mentioned. Mainly Jake and Jonny. You built it in a way to where they think you jabbing at them is cute more than it being serious.[/quote]Yeah, go ahead and ask Jake or Jonny how true THAT is. :rofl:

This is pointless because you're just trying to piss people off.
Actually, no I'm not, anymore. Now, I'm just using my first example to explain the problem and how it makes things more interesting.

I explained that LONG ago.

I really doubt DIAR would agree with you considering your views on Becca. If he did, then that'd just be hypo-fucking-critical considering he's one of those who you could say "kiss ass" to her.
Read his post, second post in the thread.

He said that people are sucking up way to much. You don't have to believe me, you can read it yourself.

He said that people are sucking up way to much. You don't have to believe me, you can read it yourself.

Yep. I personally think your to scared to debate with people that arnt known Sly. You know the regulars. but I think your to scared to debate with unknowns incase they are better then you.
LOL

I post on four different wrestling forums. I post wrestling on three of them (this forum being the fourth). I more than welcome you to find me on them, and see how true your theory holds.

I argue with people FAR more wise and knowledgeable about wrestling than anyone on this board, myself included.

Again, because it's symptomatic of how boring and tame the place is nowadays.

And that DOES affect me.

Well if you want to make things less tame, make new threads on the wrestling topic, disagree with some people, debate, you know- the shit you like.

And MK was talking about people sucking up to MODS...I guess he doesn't count the "kissing ass" he does with Becca, since she's a mod also:headscratch:

That's why I said it was hypocritical.

I argue with people FAR more wise and knowledgeable about wrestling than anyone on this board, myself included.
Seriously dude if thats what you think. Fuck off and just post on them sites. what the hell is the difference between posters. I bet you its some half assed forum full of spammers right? yeah thats the way you cant mention what its called. Im calling your bluff Sly. If you think we are unintelligent enough for you, You know where the door is. You will not be missed.

I really don't think Sly has done any real ass-kissing to the mods or Admins. He just happened to impress enough of the right people with his intelligence that they let it slide when he acts like a complete dick. There's no rules against being a dick, unless you count ruining the enjoyment of the forum, which he may be doing right now. But he doesn't flame (dangerously close to what could be construed as flaimbaiting, though), and he doesn't spam. However, just because IC25 and some of the other big boys respect you, Sly, doesn't mean that you should go around being so blunt and, frankly, downright rude. You are removed from the drama to a point of it being depraved indifference. But some people take this site very seriously. Some of us have people here whom we consider friends. And being so callous and rude to and not having the least bit of a problem with it is disrespect to highest degree. You say you're not hiding behind a computer. I believe. And that's why what you say infuriates people in a way that the flamers and morons don't. This will sound cheesy as hell, but I'm gonna say it anyway, and I'm hoping that'll you'll understand. Yeah, we're hiding behind avatars, and profile names, and mock bios. But there are real people at the other ends of these cp's. And you need to understand that you are not insulting computers. You're insulting people. Now, personally, I got pretty thick skin, and you won't hurt me personally. But there are people on this site, who I like, who do take words to heart. And it's because you're being so insulting to these people that you've got me all worked up. All you need, Sly, is just a little, tiny, miniscule amount, of one of the most basic human functions... consideration.

Well if you want to make things less tame, make new threads on the wrestling topic, disagree with some people, debate, you know- the shit you like.

And MK was talking about people sucking up to MODS...I guess he doesn't count the "kissing ass" he does with Becca, since she's a mod also:headscratch:

That's why I said it was hypocritical.
Most people around here though are mods. So, really, it's essentially the same thing.

I'm very curious to hear IrishCanadian's view on all this. I know he'll probably disapprove of how I ran the thread, but I hope he'll at least understand what I'm saying, and that the beginning of the thread was simply a tool to get the main point across, and not me trying to be a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

And that is the truth. I wasn't being a jerk because I was bored or whatever, I was just wanting people to see that it's ok to open up, be honest, and not always agree with someone.

That's not the problem, it's just a symptom.

Like I said, when DIAR agrees with me, especially on something like this, you know there's a problem. Because I don't think I've ever found anyone to be as opposite to me as DIAR is.

I am the Anti-Sly.

Most people around here though are mods. So, really, it's essentially the same thing.

I'm very curious to hear IrishCanadian's view on all this. I know he'll probably disapprove of how I ran the thread, but I hope he'll at least understand what I'm saying, and that the beginning of the thread was simply a tool to get the main point across, and not me trying to be a jerk for the sake of being a jerk.

And that is the truth. I wasn't being a jerk because I was bored or whatever, I was just wanting people to see that it's ok to open up, be honest, and not always agree with someone.

Your methods however are questionable to say the least.

So, we're going to sacrifice individualism for the sake of conformity?
No, but there's nothing wrong with conforming until you're comfortable with your surroundings.

Stir up shit?

No, I'm wanting people to start being honest with each other. And quit kissing ass to conform.
Why do you care if we're "honest with each other"? I thought you didn't give a shit about any of us.
Then why are you so supportive of group conformity?
Because once people are used to you, then it's easier to reveal your true self to everyone. It's like when you're in a new relationship. You're not gonna unload all your quirks on the first date, are ya?
If I didn't care about improving the quality of the site, then I wouldn't constantly be making suggestions to do so.

The mod spot was back in October, when I was already coaching jr. high basketball, and doing student teaching. It was right before November (as October often falls), where high school basketball started, which means I would have student teaching, jr. high basketball, and high school basketball all at the same time. I didn't think I'd have the time to do a mod spot properly.
So you care about the site, just not the people who use it? Yeah, that makes sense...

Seriously dude if thats what you think. Fuck off and just post on them sites. what the hell is the difference between posters. I bet you its some half assed forum full of spammers right? yeah thats the way you cant mention what its called. Im calling your bluff Sly. If you think we are unintelligent enough for you, You know where the door is. You will not be missed.
I can't mention the name of the forum, because that is advertising. That's against the rules.

And, yeah, allow me to apologize for the way that sounded. I probably should have said that better.

I'm not saying that there is not good posters here, smart and knowledgeable. I didn't mean that at all. What I AM saying though, is that there are people out there who know more about wrestling than you or I. If you think otherwise, you're wrong. And I argue with them. A lot of times I lose (although, I never tell them that).

The point was that I don't avoid arguing with people because I'm "afraid of losing". Like I said, I probably could have said that better, but that really wasn't what I meant at all.

But, thank you for at least being honest.

I really don't think Sly has done any real ass-kissing to the mods or Admins.
Yeah, I didn't think I had either.

He just happened to impress enough of the right people with his intelligence that they let it slide when he acts like a complete dick.
I always post within the rules though.

There's no rules against being a dick, unless you count ruining the enjoyment of the forum, which he may be doing right now.
This is just one thread, a thread I created. It's not like I'm waging a campaign all across the forum.

But he doesn't flame (dangerously close to what could be construed as flaimbaiting, though),
If people flame me, I'm fine with that.

I have no problem with people flaming me. If I had the power, I would make it so no one ever got a flaming infraction because of me. And that's just the truth.

I realize I rub people the wrong way, and I don't back off of it.

However, just because IC25 and some of the other big boys respect you, Sly, doesn't mean that you should go around being so blunt and, frankly, downright rude.
I don't see why I should tiptoe around the truth though.

Why tiptoe when being honest is so much better?

You say you're not hiding behind a computer. I believe. And that's why what you say infuriates people in a way that the flamers and morons don't. This will sound cheesy as hell, but I'm gonna say it anyway, and I'm hoping that'll you'll understand. Yeah, we're hiding behind avatars, and profile names, and mock bios. But there are real people at the other ends of these cp's. And you need to understand that you are not insulting computers. You're insulting people. Now, personally, I got pretty thick skin, and you won't hurt me personally. But there are people on this site, who I like, who do take words to heart. And it's because you're being so insulting to these people that you've got me all worked up. All you need, Sly, is just a little, tiny, miniscule amount, of one of the most basic human functions... consideration.
I understand what you're saying. And while I personally think it's silly, I do understand that people connect through a computer. I get that.

But, answer me this. Why should I change who I am, and what I believe, because someone else has a problem with it?

You see the problem with this little exercise in indulgence is that it isn't going to succeed in it's primary goal (even though it's primary goal seems to be attached to a pendulum).

Now I'll coincide that watching you gentlemen smack one another around with proverbial kippers has made for an amusing hour or so in the bar room; but in terms of creating lasting change, all it (and similar posts) will accomplish is the make small groups of people hold animosity towards other small groups of people.

Your not going to convince the population to "throw off the chains", because nine tenths of the forum seem quite happy with them on.

Even if you did, it might make for a more eventful bar room, but it gets in the way of interesting debates in the wrestling section (which is what the forum is actually for), because most people don't want to have a friendly debate with someone who pisses them off. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm much more comfortable arguing wrestling with someone with a reputation for being friendly, if only because I know that they won't 'go Wes', take things too seriously and ruin the fun.

Controversy does create interest; but only controversy where it's needed. The wrestling section. If you can't create it there any more, look on it as an opportunity to better yourself as a poster. If your not hear for the wrestling section and only want to use this place as a place of respite when you're not on one of your 'better forums for smart people', then I think you'll understand that the opinion of people who 'are' here for the wrestling debate should take president over your own.

*proberbly 6 pages out of context by now*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back