Everyone is too nice around here

From Sly

But, answer me this. Why should I change who I am, and what I believe, because someone else has a problem with it?

Why then are you trying to make all of us change the way we are because you have a problem with it?

Sly, didn't you just say you were quite agreeable in real life? I think that's a bit different from your forum persona is it not? Isn't that "changing who you are?".

I am the Anti-Sly.
Lord knows I count my lucky stars for that. ;)

Is that a good thing?

Flames Out
Dragon

The less people are like me, the worse I see it.
Your methods however are questionable to say the least.
But, their attention getting, are they not?

I mean, just look at this thread. For one, notice how people really started to lay into me? And, that was even AFTER I had dropped the charade, and just began posting like normal.

Whether or not they realized it, they were doing exactly what I was saying from the beginning.

No, but there's nothing wrong with conforming until you're comfortable with your surroundings.
Who amongst the "regulars" are not comfortable with their surroundings?

Why do you care if we're "honest with each other"? I thought you didn't give a shit about any of us.
Because it affects MY enjoyment of the forum.

Because once people are used to you, then it's easier to reveal your true self to everyone. It's like when you're in a new relationship. You're not gonna unload all your quirks on the first date, are ya?
I told my current girlfriend on our first date at Wal-Mart that I collected wrestling action figures, and I made her play Rock Band with me.

I really don't know what else can explain the answer to that better.

So you care about the site, just not the people who use it? Yeah, that makes sense...
Again, for my personal enjoyment.

Okay Sly. Answer me this. If you TRULY got called your shit one day. And they put you in the prison section. What would you do? Would you be a man, do your time, and then wait and come back to the forum OR would you bitch up and go apeshit like Wes did until you got banned?

You know, I think that you would choose the latter. Because to you, you would rather be banned than continue to stay and stand up for your ideals and prove ANYBODY wrong.

Why then are you trying to make all of us change the way we are because you have a problem with it?
Because, I don't think that's the way you guys really are. I've been around and on forums enough to know that people don't get along like they pretend to around here.
Sly, didn't you just say you were quite agreeable in real life? I think that's a bit different from your forum persona is it not? Isn't that "changing who you are?".
No, it's a different side of my personality.

Believe me, if I get in an argument with someone, I do it to win. That doesn't change. I can't begin to tell you how often I could tell my father wanting so badly to smack me because how I pissed him off with my refusal to quit the debate.

But, the forum doesn't offer the same medium of expression that real life does. Which is the difference.

Even though Sly, you're not willing to change your posting style because its the way you like to be online, you are willing to try to change ours.

I don't see why I should tiptoe around the truth though.

Why tiptoe when being honest is so much better?
Because honesty isn't always the best policy. If you're in a clothing store, and a morbidly obese woman is trying on clothes that really don't suit her at all, but they make her feel pretty, and her friends are all telling her she looks pretty, are you going to go out of the way to poke your head in on the group and say "Why are you humoring her? She's obviously too fat for those clothes"? I know, personally I would rather those women stay away from those outfits, but it's much easier to avert my eyes rather than say something and risk getting smacked in the face with arm flab.

I understand what you're saying. And while I personally think it's silly, I do understand that people connect through a computer. I get that.

But, answer me this. Why should I change who I am, and what I believe, because someone else has a problem with it?
Come on, Sly, I'm not saying you gotta completely change who you are. Just apply a little bit of self control.

Because, I don't think that's the way you guys really are. I've been around and on forums enough to know that people don't get along like they pretend to around here.No, it's a different side of my personality.

Believe me, if I get in an argument with someone, I do it to win. That doesn't change. I can't begin to tell you how often I could tell my father wanting so badly to smack me because how I pissed him off with my refusal to quit the debate.

But, the forum doesn't offer the same medium of expression that real life does. Which is the difference.

So you admit you can be a stubborn bastard eh? Nice to hear...anyway, is your birth date on the site correct? 'Cause I had you pegged for a Capricorn with that stubbornness

Even though Sly, you're not willing to change your posting style because its the way you like to be online, you are willing to try to change ours.
Yeah.

Because the amount of sap and kiss assery around here makes the forum boring and uneventful. It's no longer entertaining.

If you want to kiss someone's ass, get their MSN address, and chat away. No problem with that. But, doing it here affects MY enjoyment of the forum.

I don't think he's trying to change anyone's posting style, I think he's just trying to say that people should be more honest. If you think you're honest enough and yourself then there's no need to get defensive over anything said.

Flames Out
Dragon

Because honesty isn't always the best policy. If you're in a clothing store, and a morbidly obese woman is trying on clothes that really don't suit her at all, but they make her feel pretty, and her friends are all telling her she looks pretty, are you going to go out of the way to poke your head in on the group and say "Why are you humoring her? She's obviously too fat for those clothes"? I know, personally I would rather those women stay away from those outfits, but it's much easier to avert my eyes rather than say something and risk getting smacked in the face with arm flab.
If that woman asked me what I thought...I would tell her what I think.

Come on, Sly, I'm not saying you gotta completely change who you are. Just apply a little bit of self control.
The fact that I still post on these boards shows that I use a lot of self control.

You should see some of the things I do on other boards. There's one where every week, I create a new CM Punk thread, making up some B.S. reason that Punks, according to the same criteria people used against Cena for years.

I don't do that here. But, I would if I could.

Yeah.

Because the amount of sap and kiss assery around here makes the forum boring and uneventful. It's no longer entertaining.

If you want to kiss someone's ass, get their MSN address, and chat away. No problem with that. But, doing it here affects MY enjoyment of the forum.

So we should change the way we are, but those rules don't apply to you. We all need to live up to your standards of honesty.

Yeah.

Lol Sly, if it sucks so bad, you can leave, *sniffles* It might hurt, but I'm sure we'll manage, we can let you go...we won't cause you any more boredom, it just isn't right to keep you here against your will, you can just leave, I'm sorry for forcing you to stay.

:blush:

So we should change the way we are, but those rules don't apply to you. We all need to live up to your standards of honesty.
Nearly 3/4 of this thread has been people trying to get me to change MY posting style. Hell, right now Papa Shango is doing that very thing.

It happens all the time. Like Dragon said, you can either be true to yourself, or be what you think others want you to be. Only you can decide that.

Nearly 3/4 of this thread has been people trying to get me to change MY posting style. Hell, right now Papa Shango is doing that very thing.

It happens all the time. Like Dragon said, you can either be true to yourself, or be what you think others want you to be. Only you can decide that.

So we should all try to be like you?

Who amongst the "regulars" are not comfortable with their surroundings?
Well, I was talking more about some of the newer posters, someone like Murfish for instance. I'm sure who you refer to when you talk about suck ups and conformists. Go ahead, be honest on this one. Who do you mean you say suck ups or conformists? Is it me? I knew it.
Because it affects MY enjoyment of the forum.
Well it seems to me that most of the "sucking up" you refer to occurs exclusively in the Bar Room, and I've gotten the feeling that you've never been a big fan of the bar room anyway, so why not just avoid that one part of the forum.

I told my current girlfriend on our first date at Wal-Mart that I collected wrestling action figures, and I made her play Rock Band with me.
Well, that's fine. Action figures are cool, and who doesn't like Rock Band?

Again, for my personal enjoyment.
You have to share your toys with the other children, Sly.

Lol Sly, if it sucks so bad, you can leave, *sniffles* It might hurt, but I'm sure we'll manage, we can let you go...we won't cause you any more boredom, it just isn't right to keep you here against your will, you can just leave, I'm sorry.

:blush:
You know, by this point, I would have thought people could have come up with more original arguments.

I don't know where you live, but there's a saying that happens in America all the time "Love it or leave it". That's stupid. If I feel the standard is pathetic, I'm not allowed to try and change it? It's silly.

That's the same thing you're spouting there. "WZ: Love it or leave it". Fuck that. Why not try to BETTER it?

Honesty...

Slyfox....generally a good poster but when he's backed into a corner and does not know something....he ignores. (I am referring to the Brett Farve thread that I got the last post). I DO NOT worship him. I DO NOT think he is "awesome". Ironically he likes John Cena and Hulk Hogan but his (Slyfox) actions make him appear very heellike....

I agreed with him ONCE and it was on the way he would raise his future children...thats it.....I post in the movies, chit chat, and always the sports pages. I will get into the wrestling pages when my comp is working.....I never agree with anyone unless I see true integrity and true intelligence....which is short of what I have seen from many of this man's posts.

I am going to sleep and checking this thread tomorrow to see if he actually replied or if he did as predictable Sly would and ignored it.

No, not your posting style. I just think there are things that you don't NEED to say. Do you post in a wrestling forum thread that doesn't interest you? I doubt it. So why post in Bar Room thread that doesn't you?

So we should all try to be like you?
You're catching on. :rolleyes:
Well, I was talking more about some of the newer posters, someone like Murfish for instance. I'm sure who you refer to when you talk about suck ups and conformists. Go ahead, be honest on this one. Who do you mean you say suck ups or conformists? Is it me? I knew it.
Honestly, I don't follow your posting habits enough to know.

But you want to know who I'm talking about? Go to all of Shocky's "What do you really think" threads. You'll see.

Well it seems to me that most of the "sucking up" you refer to occurs exclusively in the Bar Room, and I've gotten the feeling that you've never been a big fan of the bar room anyway, so why not just avoid that one part of the forum.
Where else will I post then? The wrestling forums just aren't very good right now, at least in terms of proven competent posters.

I mean, look at the Edge vs. Hollywood thread. Edge is winning 2-1 in that thread. Seriously.

Well, that's fine. Action figures are cool, and who doesn't like Rock Band?
LOL

That's how I see it to. But, that's not exactly something that most people do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back