• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Everyone is too nice around here

I hope you all realize that slyfox has effectively been getting these newer posters recognized right now. Just thought I'd mention that.

Sly, I graduated Magna Cum Laude from a well respected liberal arts college and am starting my master's degree in September...and I still don't know what you are trying to say.

All I have read is "I'm tired," "I don't want to debate with noobs because they will get banned," "I've explained things like a hundred bazillion times," "etc," "etc," "etc."

In the most concise and precise manner possible, make one post summarizing your entire point. Then, I will address it.

^^^

I hope you all realize that slyfox has effectively been getting these newer posters recognized right now. Just thought I'd mention that.

Funny because the whole time I was reading this thread, I was thinking, "maybe Sly is some kind of evil genius who had all of this planned at the beginning".

And it makes it completely boring. Everyone sucks up to HBK-aholic, she idolizes Norcal, the "What do you really think" threads that Shocky does generally are nothing but ass smooching. Frankly, it's boring, and completely unappealing.

Controversy Creates Cash, Eric Bischoff said, but in this case, controversy could at least create interest. I find so many things boring now, because it's just one big MSN message style love fest between all posters.

What happened to the fun days where Justin was ready to kill me, where Brian and Wes flamed each other constantly about two overrated quarterbacks, or when Prax and the admin team had a full out brawl? I miss those days. It was interesting and fun to post.

Now WZ has gone Barney style. I fully expect a thread soon where each member takes the time to sing a line of "I love you, you love me, we're a happy family". Seriously.

I was hoping to read some good stuff in the "What do you really think" threads, but I've been severely let down. I noticed DIAR said bad things about NorCal, but DIAR is apparently on a heel run, so who knows if it's genuine or not.

We need less getting along, and more intense debates. Maybe there were some in the Rock thread, I don't know, that held no interest to me. But, whatever it is, we need more across the board.

At least, that's how I feel about it. I don't want "As the WZ World Turns" or anything like that again, but I do want some action.

What are we missing, and how can we make it fun again?
^^^

Well, although I support Sly's ideas, I have to say I'm pretty much done with this thread, It's just turned into "replying redundantly to what Sly said, another redundant post, another redundant post, Sly's response that address the points they're missing" rinse and repeat.

I'll probably check back in on this in the AM, though.

Someone close this and keep it closed please.

Why? This thread has gotten attention that we haven't seen since the Benoit Tragedy. If the interest is still here, then this thing should stay open.

Wow, I rule in ways even I didn't know about.

Thanks for the ego boost. ;)

I just find it funny that you made this thread. With the exception of Klunder debating against you, all the other people stepped up to try and take down Slyfox. Therefor making a name for themselves.

Sigh, we need some new material here, redundancy sucks ass.

Monkey, you knew me right?:p

I know you from the bar room yes, the other people I've never honestly seen before. I've seen a couple of your posts in the wrestling sections as well. They are not that bad. But then again I don't claim to be a posting god either.

I really don't see why the word "debate" keeps getting used in here. There were no debates. Just arguing, bickering, quarreling, and a mass ruffling of feathers.

Why? This thread has gotten attention that we haven't seen since the Benoit Tragedy. If the interest is still here, then this thing should stay open.
In a little over 24 hours, this thread is already 10th all-time of non-stickied Bar Room threads (well, since the Bar Room was brought back).

Not bad at all. Especially since some of the ones ahead of it were many weeks long.
I just find it funny that you made this thread. With the exception of Klunder debating against you, all the other people stepped up to try and take down Slyfox. Therefor making a name for themselves.
That's a very interesting observation. Well done.

Aye, my Rated R thread garnered ALOT of posts you know, 500 or so in less than a day:p

So yeah, this one is the one which recently generated the most actual discussion...that didn't pertain to sex.

We need less getting along

Flair > Hogan. FACT.

and more intense debates.

So you want us to disagree twice as much as we do now? debate = not getting along.

Maybe there were some in the Rock thread, I don't know, that held no interest to me.

I agree with you there....OH CRAP.

But, whatever it is, we need more across the board.

We need to figure out what "it" is before we spread it across the board. We don't want viruses. Or STDs.

At least, that's how I feel about it.

But what about how everyone else feels about it? All I see is you trying push your point of view on to everyone else and not respecting or trying to be open about others' opinions.

Plainly, Sly...you seem to be calling for community: better communication, more understanding, improved posting, etc...but I don't see you doing anything to advance it. "What's the point of posting with noobs if they are just going to get banned?" To build community...that's the point.

I don't want "As the WZ World Turns" or anything like that again, but I do want some action.

Depending on the kind of action you are looking for, you might be in the wrong place. If it's the other kind of action, just flame people.

What are we missing, and how can we make it fun again?

Community. What are we going to do about it?

Instead of bickering on and on about how to fix this place, you could go post in a new wrestling (what a concept) thread I made in Old School

I got up to page 35 and stopped. Rather intersting thread though. I think heated debates would be good and we definately could use them. But I don't see the need for flaming and real arguments, as it seemed some were originally implying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back