Magnum vs. Norton

• T.A.

• Norton

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the ECW Region under Extreme Rules, from San Antonio, TX.

#26. Magnum T.A.

05.jpg

vs.

#39.
Scott Norton
norton.jpg

I'm reluctantly voting for Norton. He's beaten Nagata in Japan, and was one of the monster heels that guys like Umaga and Kozlov are modeled after today. He held his own in a ton of matches against the Steiners, and was the muscle behind the nWo.

Magnum T.A. was a great wrestler, and should keep this close, but I don't think he can overcome the power Norton brings to the ring.

Sweet damn this wouild be fun to watch. The thing about Magnum is that his belly to belly was so fast that he could hit anyone with it, includign Norton. If he can keep it quick, he gets the win.

Magnum TA is one of wrestling's sad stories. His career was cut short by something that actually wasn't his fault, and he probably acheived far less than he could have done had he not been injured in the car crash, but what ifs don't matter.

Norton flopped in WCW, in a series of second rate tag teams, but he was a big deal in Japan. I think based on the fact that Norton was big in Japan, but not a megastar, and that is US career was very lacklustre compared to TA's, I'm giving this to TA.

Norton was a big man, but TA is fast enough to nullify that. Magnum wins a fairly long battle.

I believe the match favors Magnum if it is quick and Norton if it is slow. Norton had the power and strength but I believe Magnum will use his quickness to pick up the win.

Scott Norton has never impressed me, ever. He has a gigantic barrel chest, that's about it. Sure, he's a tough son of a bitch from what i've seen, but he's a dime a dozen big man in the mold of Bill DeMott, he just happened to be a big player in the NWO B Team.

Magnum on the other hand was an equally tough son of a bitch. He was destined for greatness, but alas this tournament isn't based upon destiny. What I do know is the reality, and that reality is that Magnum was a damn fine US champion for a short period of time, and he proved to be a tough bastard, easily enough to handle Norton.

Gotta go with Magnum here. His match vs. Tully Blanchard at Starrcade is one of my favorite matches, it was awesome. And he was one tough SOB. Norton is also in his own right, but I think Magnum could take him down and move on to round 2.

Norton FTW.

I think Scott Norton is one of the most under-rated, forgotten talents in pro wrestling history. It pains me that Shocky has so errantly railed against him. If I started a promotion tomorrow, Norton is one of my top 10 picks.

Scott "Flash" is not only one of the strongest and hardest hitting, he's one of the most consistent. Most of his success is from Japan, admittedly, where he's won a mess of championships. Stateside, he had a decent tag team run in WCW as part of "Vicious and Delicious," but then he got caught up in the nWo clusterf*ck and that was all she wrote.

Check out some of his work in Japan, including his awesome tag team with Tony "Ludvig Borga" Halme. And vote Norton > Magnum, who is just a Tom Selleck wannabe anyway.

The irony of this match ending in a tie, makes me laugh. The winner gets the unlucky draw of facing Brock Lesnar. So, basically, it's a bye either way. I'm still pushing for Norton, because at least he has some power, and could at least make the match not look like a squash.

Norton actually COULD, in theory, defeat Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar's major edge in the ring was the fact that he could over power his opponents, but against Norton, he's actually the weaker of the two. Norton would over power Brock just in terms of pure strength.

Of course, then, Lesnar would have the edge in athleticism. They are both pretty technically able. Norton is a more athletic version of the Paul Wight whom Brock defeated and drew with on Smackdown for a few months.

Magnum TA would get beaten pretty bad by Lesnar, because Brock covers ALL of Magnum's bases. And despite being booked as the big, strong tough guy, the biggest man Magnum beat that holds any memory for me is Arn Anderson.

I like both of these guys, mind you, but Norton should go over here. I just don't want to see a tie and a dual ouster, because either one of these guys against Lesnar is an interesting match to think about.

But Norton has a chance vs Lesnar, whereas Magnum does not, and anytime two American Wrestlers who are both former IWGP champs lock up is entertaining.

Hmmm...this is a tough one. Although Magnum TA would have soundly beaten Norton in any other region, I am not so sure here, as ECW never took too kindly to boys from the south. On the other hand, however, I can't ignore the fact that Magnum was everything you could ever want in a wrestler, while Norton was just a goatee and a pate of red hair away from being Jim Neidhart. In the end, I'm going with Magnum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back