ECW San Antonio, Round 2, Match 3: #7 Brock Lesnar vs. #26 Magnum TA

Lesnar vs. TA

• Brock

• Magnum

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the ECW Region, under Extreme Rules, from San Antonio, TX.

#7. "The Next Big Thing" Brock Lesnar
BrockLesnar.jpg

vs.

#26. Magnum TA
magnumta.jpg

Brock Lesnar was an animal! Magnum didn't have the strength of Brock Lesnar, he didn't have the speed of Brock Lesnar, he didn't have the agility or Brock Lesnar, and he didn't have the amateur background that Brock Lesnar had as well. Brock Lesnar destroyed almost everyone he faced and he faced some of the best in the business. Lesnar definitely takes this match. The fact that this will be contested under extreme rules makes things even worse for Magnum TA. Brock Lesnar via F-5.

I have no idea who Magnum TA is. I thought it was a TV show or something. Not knowing who your picks are going against quickly gets annoying, but I'll live. Maybe I'll YouTube him, but probably not.

I'll have to abstain from voting once more. I encourage you all to vote for Brock Lesnar though. I can't imagine anyone better than Brock Lesnar. He's all nice and warmed up after beating the living shit out of Elix Skipper.

Magnum TA was a very good wrestler. His 'I Quit' match against Tully Blanchard will always be THE 'I Quit' match. And considering there have been many great matches under that stipulation, that's saying something.

However, Magnum TA gets absolutely mangled in this match-up. As tough as the dude was, Lesnar is just too strong, too fast, and too agile for TA to stand a chance. Magnum TA wouldn't have any idea what hit him. Lesnar wins in under five minutes.

Magnum TA was a good wrestler, who had some great fueds and matches with the likes of Blanchard, Wahoo and Flair. Sadly, as well all know, he never got to reach his full potential, but this tournament isn't based on what could have been. Lesnar runs all over Magnum, reenacting the car wreck T.A suffered back in '86. Lesnar dominates, moves on and gears up to manhandle his next opponent.

Like everyone else, I';m going for the obvious. Magnum TA was a great wrestler, but I don't think he could overcome somebody as powerful and gifted at wrestling as Lesnar. I really hate Lesnar, and I think he is probably my all time least favourite main eventer, but there is no way he is going to lose here. Maybe if TA's career hadn't been cut short it'd be a diferent story, but it was, so it isn't.

Yeah this is Lesnar. Magnum TA's finisher was the belly to belly suplex. Lesnar's was better. Redneck Rage was one of my all time favorite characters and is the idea that Steve Austin was based on I believe, but he's up against a machine in Lesnar. It's going to take a monster to take down Lesnar, and Magnum isn't it.

It's a damn shame that one of the most underrated wrestlers in this tourney had to draw the biggest animal in the tournament. Magnum has beaten some solid wrestlers and can mess you up if needed. Just ask Tully Blanchard. But this is an ECW match. And Brock Lesnar can use these weapons, too.

I guess we can say that this match won't be a squash, but Magnum leaves on a stretcher as Brock F5's TA out of the ring onto the concrete floor. It's a brutal match that makes even non squeamish people...squeamish. Brock's bruised a little bit, but takes this easily. Unless Magnum finds a .22 under the ring and shoots Lesnar about five times, then it's Brock by a hair.

Everything that's been said about this really has already been said. Magnum had some great matches back in the days of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling and he really was very good. Good enough to beat Ric Flair for the NWA Championship good. Odds are, he probably would have taken the strap from Flair at Starrcade '86 if the automobile accident hadn't ended his career.

Brock Lesnar, however, is a whole other animal. Lesnar holds clean wins over guys like Kurt Angle, The Rock and The Undertaker. Vince was basically building Lesnar to be the force of the WWE in the new millenium. Like him or not, the guy was a great athlete and was simply one of the strongest men ever on the WWE roster. As much as I like and respect Magnum, Lesnar would run through him like shit through a goose. Magnum never went up against anyone with nearly the physical gifts Brock Lesnar had. He's out of his league here.

Poor TA... A legend drawing this fucking animal. Just look at Lesnar. He is a fucking ANIMAL. Add ECW to the mix, and this gets even more one sided. TA cannot compete with this freak of nature and gets manhandled. I see Lesnar F-5ing TA through a table after beating the shit out of him for 10 minutes.

I want to see who will eliminate Lesnar if anybody at all can.

The more and more I watch of Lesnar, the more he falls into that "average" category that I put Muta in. I don't see what's so special about him, but I can't deny that he's a big freakish beast, that could die creaming himself in the ECW environment. Magnum TA was good, but he's the kind of wrestler they fed to Lesnar early in his career.

Lesnar wins with an epic F-5 through some tables.

Man, this sucks. I was a huge mark for TA when I was a kid, and I hate to see him go out this early, but he never saw anyone even remotely as vicious as Lesnar back in the NWA. Yeah, Brock wins...

Magnum TA lost to Nikita Koloff. Nikita Koloff lost to Ric Flair. Ric Flair lost to Hulk Hogan. Hulk Hogan lost to Brock Lesnar. Thus, Brock Lesnar > Hulk Hogan > Ric Flair > Nikita Koloff > Magnum TA. Vote Lesnar.

Im pretty sure Brock Lesnar has also beaten Flair. Some people Lesnar has also beaten: Randy couture, a wild Grizzly bear, every main event WWE superstar in 2003, most likely some sort of mythical dragon, every main event WWE superstar in 2002, some small child whose lollipop he wanted.

Magnum T.A had a sweet steel cage match I saw once.

Brock Lesnar wins.

The more and more I watch of Lesnar, the more he falls into that "average" category that I put Muta in. I don't see what's so special about him, but I can't deny that he's a big freakish beast, that could die creaming himself in the ECW environment.

I'm not sure if you've ever seen a Brock Lesnar match. You seem to think that he's Batista. The agile big guy line is over-used, but Brock Lesnar is the very definition. He's fast, he's calculating, he was technical skill that matches Bret Hart, he's got a vast, high impact move set. He can ground you and pound the fucking life out of you or toss you about in the air, thanks to his freakish strength and size. I appreciate that the list time he did it he almost killed himself (and then got back up and won the match) but he can do a Shooting Star Press.

Brock Lesnar is a unique athlete. He is perhaps the most versatile wrestler ever. That's only emphasised by the fact that he's the first person ever to hold titles in both the WWE and the UFC. There is no-one in this tournament better than him, and I mean that.

Lol, another warm up match for the Next Big Thing. I like Magum TA, but the guy gets absolutely pummeled by this beast. Everything that Lesnar has in his arsenal is pefectly legal. That i9ncludes his amateur mat wrestling, his pro career strength where he's dominated everyone in America and Japan, or his UFC training where he's a world champion. Nothing TA has remotely resembles that.

My dream is coming true, as Brock gets Jeff Hardy in round 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back