ECW San Antonio, Round 3, Match 2: #7 Brock Lesnar vs. #10 Jeff Hardy

Lesnar vs. Hardy

• Brock

• Jeff

Results are only viewable after voting.
This shouldn't be as close as 25-4, people! This is pretty much the only match in the tournament where you can be 110% sure that one competitor would destroy the other.

Lesnar beats Hardy until his own mother wouldn't recognise him. Now let's make the votes reflect that!

If given the choice of who's matches I would rather watch, then my answer would be Jeff Hardy. I consider myself somewhat of a Jeff Hardy fan. However, Jeff Hardy vs. Brock Lesnar in an ECW ring does not look very promising for the Rainbow Haired Warrior. Truthfully, Jeff wouldn't stand much a chance. Lesnar is just way too strong; he would be sure that Hardy was not able to use an aerial assault.

Lesnar advances to the next round.

This is not close. Period. Brock beat BOTH Hardyz in a handicap match, so what makes you think ONE Hardy will have any affect on the Next Big Thing.

Now, Jeff stands a chance...because of the ECW rules. He can daze Brock, but getting him off his feet for three seconds will take a sickening spot from Jeff, which will more than likely injure Jeff worse than Lesnar.

Brock dominates though, uses some weapons on Jeff, only to see the EnigMAH get some momentum before being tossed around like a rag doll and given an F5 three rows into the stands, being dragged back into the ring for a Shooting Star Press, and a pin.

Brock moves on...easily.

Yes Brock took down both the Hardy's in 2002, but then again that was 2002. That was when the Hardy's were all about hardcore and had not done shit in the ring apart form the TLC matches. They both sucked some ass back then ( They are improving and have put on a few good one on ones without gimmicks). Anyways fast forward 7 years into the future and Jeff Hardy is now a 1 time WWE champion. He is one of the most over faces in the company today, he is Most Improved of 2007/08/ (09 Looks like he is just getting better). He has beaten HHH and HBK cleanly. He has beaten the Undertaker ( In a extreme rules match), Jericho, Edge and had an epic feud with Randy Orton and almost winning that. Sure Brock beat Angle, Undertaker and Rock but can you really think of any other big names. Seriously I cant so I need help with this. He never beat HBK, HHH, Jericho etc etc. Sure Brock was strong, fast as a bullet and could do just about anything in the ring, but sometimes he could not control his anger which could hurt him in this match. Jeff Hardy obviously knowing he is in a huge disadvantage would know he couldn't jsut go at Brock, he would have to get him frustrated and then pounce. Jeff could get the edge here but prolly not. I say a Brock win here.

In non kayfabe Brock would rip Jeff to pieces. But I still voted for Jeff cas he is wicked!

While Hardy has improved since these videos aired...he has no shot against Lesnar. Every time Jeff got ANY kind of offense going, Brock would simply take control moments later and simply overpower him into oblivion. I'm not sure that he could get the Twist of Fate in on Brock, so his best non-weapon move would be the Swanton, and the video shows how well that works on Brock. And the chair shot...well...no effect.

Brock wins in like 3 minutes.

Hardy may have improved slightly since he faced Lesnar, but I mean that. Only very slightly. Certainly not anywhere near the most improved wrestler. He's essentially exactly the same wrestler. Brock changed more as wrestler in his short time with the WWE than Jeff has in the last decade.

Hardy may have improved slightly since he faced Lesnar, but I mean that. Only very slightly. Certainly not anywhere near the most improved wrestler. He's essentially exactly the same wrestler. Brock changed more as wrestler in his short time with the WWE than Jeff has in the last decade.

Sam come on. Are you telling me Jeff Hardy is as good as he is now than what he was in 2002 when he faced Brock? Come on that is just wrong and you even know it. He is defently imrpoved alot in the last 2-3 years not only in the ring but just about everything, his promo's are better, his mic skills are working and he can actually pull off a single match with someone. Sure Brock improved through his career but Jeff Hardy is more smarter than Brock which would make this contest closer than it may appear.

Sam come on.

Oh, I will come on. Come on my bed sheets! Wait...

Are you telling me Jeff Hardy is as good as he is now than what he was in 2002 when he faced Brock?

Roughly speaking. He's become better at his pacing, but that's roughly it.

Come on that is just wrong and you even know it.

I really, really don't.

He is defently imrpoved alot in the last 2-3 years

Like I said, his pacing has improved. As has his psychology. Neither particularly helps him here.

not only in the ring but just about everything, his promo's are better, his mic skills are working and he can actually pull off a single match with someone.

His promos aren't much better. He just gets much more time on the stick than he used. I like Jeff Hardy. That's how I started my first post in this thread, and it's true. The Jeff Hardy of today is barely different to the one of six years ago though.

Sure Brock improved through his career but Jeff Hardy is more smarter than Brock which would make this contest closer than it may appear.

"More smarter"? Well, no. No, he isn't. Jeff is probably the dumbest wrestler there is today, renowned for taking unnecessary risks that don't pay off. Brock Lesnar, however, is the best strategist there has ever been... for a man his size.

This one isnt even close. I like Jeff Hardy but Brock just powers thru him and slaughters him here.

A lot of Jeff's offense is based upon sacrificing his own body, but will he really wanna do this when Brock has beaten him to a bloody pulp already? Its going to take something crazy form Jeff, perhaps stabbing or shooting to keep Brock down for any amount of time.

Jeff will try and not give up that is certain, but its not close Brock bathes in Hardys blood and goes onto the next round after a few F5's.

Oh, I will come on. Come on my bed sheets! Wait...

Roughly speaking. He's become better at his pacing, but that's roughly it.

I really, really don't.

Like I said, his pacing has improved. As has his psychology. Neither particularly helps him here.

His promos aren't much better. He just gets much more time on the stick than he used. I like Jeff Hardy. That's how I started my first post in this thread, and it's true. The Jeff Hardy of today is barely different to the one of six years ago though.

"More smarter"? Well, no. No, he isn't. Jeff is probably the dumbest wrestler there is today, renowned for taking unnecessary risks that don't pay off. Brock Lesnar, however, is the best strategist there has ever been... for a man his size.

:lmao: Sam, Once Brock gets into "I can kill anyone with my left pinkie "mode any one could out smart him. See there is an anger level were Brock can no longer control himself and will just do anything to kill Jeff. See now this is were Jeff canout smart him. Just stay away, wait for the right moment and pounce.

Anyways as if Jeff hasn't improved. He is atleast 5x better in the ring now from what he was when he was in 2002. His promo's are better than what you are syaing. I mean look at one of the ones he has done this year compared to even what he was doign when he was challenging Nitro for the IC. Jeff has improved alot, and I can just not see how you can deny that.

yeah, it really, really looks like Jeff Hardy has what it takes to take Brock Lesnar down with a chair shot. Brock took that chair shot, and didn't drop at all. Much like Sweet Chin Music, it can't drop Brock Lesnar. Jeff doesn't swing a chair hardenough to do anything remotely damaging to Brock

Just something I had to take issue with.

[youtube]?v=vsf6Y7fbkKw[/youtube]

This is a video of HBK kicking Lesnar clean out of the ring.

Anyway, Brocks a monster no doubt, during his rookie year he did the unthinkable in who he beat and what he accomplished but towards the end of his short career he had wound down big time, Hardcore Holly was giving him a run for his money.

I am still voting for Brock over Hardy, while I think Lesnar isnt as good as some of his monstrous counterparts he still stomps all over Jeff, and nearly everybody else in this tournament while we are at it.

This is a video of HBK kicking Lesnar clean out of the ring.

That's precisely what he's talking about. What do you see about four seconds after the kick? You see Lesnar on his feet, yelling "What the fuck!?". Hardly put him down, did it?

Anyway, Brocks a monster no doubt, during his rookie year he did the unthinkable in who he beat and what he accomplished but towards the end of his short career he had wound down big time, Hardcore Holly was giving him a run for his money.

That was a weird - and unqiue - loss of form. I attribute it to Hardcore Holly giving everything he's ever had in his career to that one match, and still coming up decisively short. It certainly shouldn't be considered his prime.

I am still voting for Brock over Hardy, while I think Lesnar isnt as good as some of his monstrous counterparts he still stomps all over Jeff, and nearly everybody else in this tournament while we are at it.

Lesnar is the best monster there has ever been, no doubt. Not only did he have the raw power, but he knew how best to apply it. From the Brock Lock to his multiple powerbombs (which I'm assured takes great, great skill). But yeah, he fucks Hardy up.

That's precisely what he's talking about. What do you see about four seconds after the kick? You see Lesnar on his feet, yelling "What the fuck!?". Hardly put him down, did it?

Everyone who Shawn superkicks out of the Royal Rumble generally does that as well, even Shelton Benjamin. For some reason the Sweet Chin Music does less damage if it sends you out the ring.

That was a weird - and unqiue - loss of form. I attribute it to Hardcore Holly giving everything he's ever had in his career to that one match, and still coming up decisively short. It certainly shouldn't be considered his prime.

Actually, I agree. It'd be like voting against HHH because he had a few fluke losses to Shelton Benjamin.

Lesnar is the best monster there has ever been, no doubt.

I am doubting.

Not only did he have the raw power, but he knew how best to apply it. From the Brock Lock to his multiple powerbombs (which I'm assured takes great, great skill). But yeah, he fucks Hardy up.

I agree, Lesnar was a fucking beast and should go a long way in this. I'll back him against most people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back