DragonBall Z - What's next?

The Raven's Epitaph

Getting Noticed By Management
If you're a fan of DragonBall Z, then you must have played at least one of the games before. There's plenty out there ranging from SNES right up to Xbox 360 and PS3, so you've got alot of choice.

DragonBall Z games have been out for sometime now, but some would say that they are all the same with exception of a few new added characters.

When the Budokai series came along on PS2, it evolved into Budokai 2 and 3. Budokai 2 had alot of characters in it and was probably the best one out of the original 3 Budokai's. The ante was upped when Budokai 3 was released though. They began adding characters such as Kooler, Broly and Super Saiyan 4 Goku. Stuff from the movies and DBGT, you know?

Then the new generation of Budokai came along. Budokai Tenkaichi had more characters than Budokai 2, and showed a vast range of features such as the very long and enjoyable story mode where you can re-live each saga, used in most DBZ games. Budokai Tenkaichi 2 was released onto the Wii aswell as the normal consoles, and that had more characters, more attacks and even more story mode to be able to playthrough which made it one of the more successful DBZ games. Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was even bigger and had more characters with plenty more unlockables and added features. The DBZ games were obviously getting better, up until..

DragonBall Z: Burst Limit. Burst Limit was the first new-generation DBZ game and didn't live up to many peoples expectations, leaving something to overcome for the next DBZ game. Burst Limit didn't have the widest variety of in-game features such as the story mode in it's predecessors, the Budokai series, but it was still overcome by the next range of DBZ games.

DragonBall: Raging Blast is is the newest addition into the DBZ gaming series and it's one of the more graphically-enhanced DBZ games from recent memory. The story-mode is the same as most DBZ games.. your typical Saiyan Saga, Frieza Saga, Android Saga and Buu Saga; with challenges you can do for each story mission that give you rewards known as "stars". Stars are a currency in Raging Blast and let you purchase new battles, characters and scenario's from the Star Shop. One of the more famous ones is the "Strongest Super Saiyan 3" story which gave birth to the "What-If?" saga. What If, is basically lore and things that fans wanted to see in the game. This certain story features Vegeta and Legendary Super Saiyan Broly as Super Saiyan 3. Something that many fans have been dying to see.

DragonBall: Raging Blast 2 is set for release this November and sounds exactly the same as it's prequel, except with the addition of never before seen characters in the anime, but in the movies. So, I ask you..

What's next for the DragonBall Z series? Create your own character? A better online mode? A more open map where you can walk around like an RPG?
Let me know your thoughts.

Well, Infinate World tried to do like a free-roaming aspect mixed into the gameplay (which was a major failure imo.) And Budokai 3 also had a free roaming type thing, so revisiting that wouldn't be all that new.

Create a character is something we'd all enjoy, but I doubt it'll ever be added.

I'd just like more complete rendition of the sagas and movies. Like Gohan and Krillin fighting the Spice Boys in the Garlic Jr Saga, or guys like Madamacha (from Lord Slug) and smaller-role characters like that.

Also maybe a Dragonball Saga, that isn't only like 5 fights.

Look, I love ther series to death I really Do Have 6 games lol But I have to say these games need to fuck off for awhile. Its like one big cycle. Game one has terrible controls with limited character option to and average story mode. Game 2 hads more characters a more balanced game mechanics with a more in depth story mode. Game 3 has a ton of characters with rather impressive battle controls with some fancy features with a great story mode. STOP! go back to the beginning.Like really? Why cant they just make one final kick ass dragonballz game spend 2 to 3 years on it. Add every single character. great online battling. the most in depth story mode EVER covers all dragonball to z to gt. Then just...leave it for awhile. I prey for the day you can have more than one multiple characters on screen at once fighting one big epic battle. Though I think, im not sure some one please clearify if im wrong. But I think there adding something like that in Raging blast 2.

But yea. DBZ, love you, but seriously fuck off with the games for awhile.

I'd like to see a DBZ game where you create your own character and he follows a path similar to Gohan's... make it an RPG type thing mixed with battles... Kinda like the Mortal Kombat Armageddon storymode.

I know that DBZ Online is MMO, but the U.S. doesn't have that game and it's not going to come out here (which is stupid because the US is DBZ's biggest audience).

But yeah basically, have people pick from human, sayian, namek, or even create their own life form and then go from there. Maybe a lower power level and then have them battle through universes... You know, completely revamp the game.

And then, of course, as you go along you can unlock more characters as you go. And even more stages, costumes, power ups, and moves.

Just something I always felt would make a great DBZ game.

Ahhhhhh the DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi series has to be my favourite fighting game series of all time. A quick tap of L2 and 3 seconds later you can blast out a Kamehameha or a Galick Gun with the best of them. Thankfully, i bought the original PS3 that was backwards compatible and am still able to play all the Tenkaichi series, and love it still. I literally only completed all the sagas the other day and moved on to the team battles.

Absolutely love it. I usually play as someone like Buurta from the Ginyu Force because he's so ridiculously fast that you hit punch like 3 times and get a 50 hit combo. Usually only have problems if i'm facing the giant fighters (Hirudegarn, Giant Slug or the Oozaru warriors).

Problem is, is that there's nothing about those games that i actually thought they could improve on. Ok there's some stuff they miss out like The Spice Boys from the Garlick Jr saga, but adding new characters seems to be the only way forward plus more 'What if' scenarios (Cell absorbing Krillin instead of 18 was an amusing one).

There's a lot of Dragonball stuff that they could expand on. They really only did the tournament in Tenkaichi 3. But they could add a TON of characters from that (even minors like the Tiger Bandit.)

I think leaving the "Z" portion alone and focusing on the DB/DBGT portions of the game would make a great game.

Raging Blast 3 anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back