Do You Guys Hate Michael Cole?

Michael Cole just sucks all together, doesn't matter if its being the announcer in the back that interviews the superstars, at the announcer table, he just can't do anything right. The only thing he does do right is kissing Vince's ass and not stepping on any toes. There were great announcers that are legends Bobby, Jesse, Macho Man, JR, King, Joey Styles, Piper and countless others in fact JBL was a shit ton better than Michael Cole I actually liked him when he was announcing. In fact I loved the first 30 minutes of monday night raw and didn't care if i had to watch one match for 2 hours that would have been a lot better than the shitty show they came up with. I also hated how Michael Cole that he started the whole walk out and that it was all his idea BULL FUCKING SHIT, Jerry Lawler was the first one to walk out and the rest followed him. In fact RAW would be a lot better if CM Punk was announcing and before every RAW put duck tape over his mouth so nobody would have to hear him.

He got very annoying quickly. I don't think he has the voice to be a heel. I think Lawyer does that best. I mean Cole sounds like a reverse fanboy for all the heels. To make it simpler, think of one of the kids of the Cenanation grabbing the mic and started calling a match. It's not enjoyable at all.

Yup i will be bashed for this one but i am definitely liking cole!! Hes not afraid to say whats on his mind doesnt kiss ass like lawler and yes he is a heel on the mic! I like that bashes the faces but he is actually the most unbiased commentator the wwe has! Booka T according to him he has like 50 different fav fives lawler kisses butt when he sees fit... Why does he bash JR who the hell knows goes on behind the scenes maybe JR talks about him never know

I don't hate him in the sense of the storylines, I hate how he's used and what they are trying to do with him, cheapens the product

I hate cole with a passion. he needs to be put in his place. yea hes a heel commentator but just to put over the miz week in and week out give me a break. hell i remember the king was a heel commentator back in the days when wrestling was better at least king but all the talent over and if he got into anyones face he could always back it up. but back to cole edge said it the best "Cole is a tool". and how he bashed JR last nite on raw was just wrong hell even his dumb ass walked out last week how come he didnt get fired.

Michael Cole is a good heel, i'll give him that. But nowadays he's just getting on my nerves to the point that i want to fast forward through every scene he's in. He's getting to be TOO annoying and needs to sort of put something new into his gimmick. He shouldn't go face because i think he'd be absolutely horrible as a good guy, but just spice up his heel persona a bit. Or even tone it down a smudge to not be so "down our throats"-ish.

So, in a nutshell, don't hate him, but DEFINITELY don't like him.

I do fast forward whenever I see Cole focused on or hear him shouting...I'm good and sick of that act. I didn't mind him before he became a heel, but he's just so over-the-top, like somehow the louder he yells, the more of a heel he'll be. And having him on both shows, you get no respite. Booker is awful in his own way, but honestly I'd rather have someone else step in and take his place on at least one show. I think his character would be better served as a manager, or even an authority figure or something. A screaming heel doing play-by-play is just not appealing to me.

Yeah I hate him too, not like you are supposed to hate a heel and want to see him get his ass kicked, but as in I wish he would either stfu or go away. Cole was ok at just being a commentator, but this heel character he has been doing distracts from the real product and puts focus on him for no reason. He lacks the wit and knowledge of Heenan and Ventura, and he has no business trying to attempt it. His insulting JR and Booker T is beyond stupid as they are both far better at their jobs than he will ever be..and I have said it before on here but his Wrestlemania match with Lawler was an abomination, and that spot should have been used for actual wrestlers.

I have a huge problem with how Michael Cole does his shtick. I get it, he's bad. He's supposed to defend the bad guys. That's what heel commentators do.

Heel commentators ARE NOT supposed to constantly berate a wrestler's (see Daniel Bryan) personality, because what he's doing is not allowing him to develop. If throughout the whole match, Cole belittles Bryan and Bryan can't be given the time to set up a proper program with him and kick his ass, then Bryan looks weak. It's booking 1-0-1. Bad guy bullies good guy. Good guy has enough and kicks bad guy's ass (now, see Jerry Lawler during WM27).

Cole - intentional or not - is definitely sucking the life out of the commentating team. He does nothing for the product... At least not what he's supposed to do as a commentator. It defeats the purpose of a commentating team. It's a shame too because I thought he was actually a pretty good commentator until this crap.

Cole is an awful commentator I mute the tv when he is on i hope he disappears soon. He is just annoying and actually brings down the quality of the show.

i like when michael cole works with booker t. those two are funny together. I felt sorry for jim ross taking all that disrespect from cole whether planned or not. Jim Ross shouldve sat there and not left the announcer table during the walkout...that wouldve shown how committed he was to raw and how loyal he is to the company him walking out made no sense.

Cole is complete and utter trash he is the worse announcer in any wrestling promotion. her is what cole does MIZ MIZ MIZ FACE SUCKS MIZ MIZ MIZ FACE SUCKS MIZ MIZ MIZ FACE SUCKS MIZ MIZ MIZ we get it you suck mizs dick for a living just please shut the fuck up. his heel persona is prolly the worst in 10 years he is terrible just bloody fucking terrible when miz came back last night i turned off my tv literally turned it off cause i knew cole was gunna suck mizs dick in just a few seconds

In the case of Michael Cole, a heel character that I once loved and couldn't get enough of has now become hit and miss for me. I don't want to say that I'm completely sick of him, because that's not true. There are definitely still times when I find his obnoxiousness and cracks at JR/Lawler/Booker quite funny. But, there are also times now where he goes on a tangent that distracts the viewer from the match, and I just wish he would shut up and focus on what's going on in the ring. He seems to have trouble finding a balance. I think that if Cole learned that there are appropriate times to slip in those comments, and that he can do it without taking away from matches, he would be better. But is he a good and entertaining heel? Absolutely, and if they took him away with the table and made him a manager or something, I would have no problem with him at all. Hell, he would make a way better GM than Laurinaitis.

The only thing I hate about Cole is that he'll often call the moves wrong. Like calling a backbreaker a neckbreaker, it's silly mistakes that he really shouldn't be making.

APART from that he's absolutely brilliant. I was the biggest Cole-hater back around Wrestlemania, but now it's just extremely funny listening to him. Lawler's not funny anymore, JR's just JR. For those of you who watch Smackdown, you can't say that the back and fourths between Booker and Cole aren't hilarious.
WATCH IT.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne4y2sSfA7g

Michael Cole is hilarious on commentary and always brings a smile to my face whenever I watch Raw. Even during the Divas matches.

-

I get that Cole is a heel and we're supposed to hate him, but I'm at the point of wanting to buy a ticket to a live show just so I can shove a shoe down his throat. He spends way too much time building heat on himself instead of the stars. If anything, he's taking away from the show instead of adding to it.

Commentators can make or break a story, feud, etc. They have a lot more influence over us, the fans, than we let on. So, let me ask you this; If the commentators can't even show interest towards what's going on in the ring, then how are we supposed to? I feel Jerry & JR spend more time trying to tame Cole these days than actually calling matches, and that's a waste of both their talents. If Cole would just shut the fuck up about himself for 5 minutes and direct some of that energy towards what's going on in the ring (you know, actually do his job) then I really think we would have better, more believable stories & feuds. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. Instead, we're forced to listen to Cole read off tweets in the middle of matches.

...and you guys call Jerry & JR bad commentators. :icon_neutral:

Jerry is worse than Cole. He has all of Cole's drawbacks as far as having a short attention span and not being able to focus on the match, only he provides no entertainment value and pretty much defines the phrase "shell of his former self." The only thing King contributes to the broadcasts nowadays is defending all the babyfaces with no rhyme or reason, just as bad as Cole does with the heels, and drooling over divas who are 35 years younger than him. Cole has a better foil in Booker on SmackDown, and their banter is infinitely more entertaining. King in 2011 is just dull. King in 1999 and Cole in 2011 might make a pretty good team.

My only problem with Cole is that when he tries to be heel, he splits between taking cracks at people (JR, wrestlers, etc.) and then calling the match like he would as a face, it's really annoying hearing condescending remarks at one point in time, and then a professional commentator another, he needs to be one or the other, or at least not make heel comments and detract from the match, as many others have stated.

I understand that Cole is a great heel, but i find it very annoying that he continues to ramble on during the match about how stupid King is or how fat JR is. We know about that. It wouldn't kill Cole to talk about the match once in a while.

Also, I find Cole-Booker much more bearable than Cole-King-JR.

Cole has had the biggest of pushes for an announcer but like some in ring talent that has been pushed he just doesn't have "it" :shrug:
I recently watched a old promo with Rock from way back before he was on play by play and even then he was pathetic by trying to get the attention on him and not the talent. Now he actually detracts from the matches by his constant attention seeking, I'm often finding myself reaching for the remote to turn off the audio because of him

I personally think Vince keeps Cole around to antagonize the IWC. I honestly think that Vince enjoys pissing intelligent fans (not necessarily the IWC) off. Cole pisses me off so bad, it has me sometimes forgetting that it's scripted and I keep waiting for Lawler just to punch him in the damn nose. If there was ever a moment for it to happen, scripted or otherwise, it was when Cole was doing his damn trumpet dance.

If you hate Cole now, I can't even imagine on how much hate would you give to Jerry Lawler of the 90's. He is way too FAR more annoying than Cole is. He literally sticking his nose to everybody's business. The spotlight stealer that Michael Cole referred to Jerry Lawler is really true. If you look at King now, you can't even imagine how a d!ck he is during those time.

As for Cole, No I don't hate him. He is the best commentator on the table now. He even carries Booker T whenever Booker slips up on his announcing.

I have to disagree with Lawler being annoying back in the 90's. Mind you he's no where near as great as Bobby Heenan was on commentary, but he wasn't bad at all. Look at the feud he had with Bret Hart as an example. It was much like Heenan vs. Hogan throughout the 80's and early to mid 90's. Lawler was very entertaining. But then again its just my own opinion.

It's funny when you read all the hate flowing towards Michael Cole and you realize that the three most hated heels in the company aren't even wrestlers (the other two being Johnny Ace and Vicki Guerrero).

Michael Cole does his job and does it well. Unfortunately his job is NOT to accurately call wrestling matches. His job is to put himself and other heels over on the air, try to bury the faces, and constantly remind everyone that John Cena, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio and whoever else is in the ME storyline are coming up soon!! That seems to be Vince's MO for all of his announcers, ignore what's going on in the ring and make sure that the TV audience doesn't forget about the most popular wrestlers in the company. That's one of my major psychotic fuckin hatreds about the WWE announcers. They're in the main event...we know...just call the match that's going on now.

Man, I seem to have a hard time staying on Cole...I just keep blasting Vince...weird. Overall, I can tolerate Cole on Raw, and I almost enjoy him on SmackDown. His exchanges with Booker are pretty funny, mostly because he calls Book out on not speaking English half the time.

I really don't mind Michael Cole. Heel Commentator or otherwise, I think he's pretty funny. His character gets a lot of Heat, although I did hate his character as WrestleMania grew closer. It became exceedingly abrasive and annoying. Don't even get me started on why he won his match against King at WrestleMania....

The only reason why I don't like him is because I grew up in the Attitude Era and I was always used to hearing Jim Ross calling Monday Night RAW. His enthusiasm, the way he called matches, his anger whenever the heel did some heelish, his overall announcing skills made me love the guy off the bat and anybody other than that I automatically didn't like.

I liked Cole better when he was with King in 1999. He called matches better, but never Jim Ross. I just have to get over the fact that JR won't commentate forever. And if anybody were to take his place, I really wouldn't mind if it was Michael Cole.

Also, where's all the King hate coming from. If you don't think King was hilarious as a heel commentator, something is wrong with you. He's boring now because he roots for the faces now and that's something he doesn't normally do. JR and King will forever be my favorite commentating team.

I understand that Cole is supposed to be a heel commentator, but he's simply NOT entertaining... he's annoying. It's difficult to focus on the matches sometimes because there is no commentary 50 percent of the time, it's just Cole bickering with one of the other commentators. Sorry, it's just not entertaining and it detracts from the in-ring action. Cole should just call the matches straight.

I'm not a big fan of this version of Miachel Cole. What I don't like is that whenever he does something that we don't like, there's a bunch of people who will say "That's the point!! He's supposed to do that so that you WON'T like him!!". Not every single thing he does as a heel is perfect simply because many of us don't like it. Heels should be able to clearly be the antagonists without damaging the things that they're talented at doing. However he puts his character before his job in too many instances.

For instance, even though Booker T leaves much room to be bashed by Cole, Cole should only pick him apart when he either contradicts himself or says something improperly. He doesn't need to bash him while he's simply "minding his own business". It's that sort of thing that makes it overkill. He should call matches as usual and leave his bashing to ONLY quips rather than forced dickish comments every 2 minutes of each show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back