• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Daniel Bryan Released *GIVE OPINIONS*

Something I've been thinking about since this whole thing began

WWE have announced via WWE.com that Daniel Bryan has been released from his contract.

So everyone is thinking is this a work or not?

There is one pretty large bit of evidence that has not yet been mentioned as far as I can tell.

The ultimate, kayfabe prize on offer for the NXT winner was a WWE Contract and the chance to compete for a championship on PPV in the future. Last time I checked, that distinction was awarded only to Wade Barrett.

Further evidence of that was given this Monday on Raw when Bret Hart fired Barrett and instructed the rest of them to go as they weren't under contract. The end of the night showed them demanding Bret for contracts for each of them. Still, only one contract Kayfabe terminated thus far.

So how is it possible that Daniel Bryan could have been released from a contract that he, supposedly, didn't have in the first place?

Perhaps I'm not expected to look at it in that way, but sorry WWE, I'm pretty damned observant.

The most likely theory is that WWE legitimitely fired him. I have no doubt in my mind about that based on this evidence.

I hope Cena chokes on a dick. He's one of the reasons that Danielson was fired. He didn't like the way Danielson spit in his face. What does he do? Like to Kennedy, he went to McMahon and ratted on him. Then he signs a petition to get Danielson back into the WWE? That two faced mother fucker should get shot. I used to respect Cena as a person, not the wrestler. Now I disrespect the bitch for doing what he did. He just feeds off the fans. And he wasn't behind Evan Bourne's push.

as Best Ever just said, "I hope Cena choke's on a dick". I'm a Cena hater since 2007-2008. but I always could make a distinction between Cena THE WRESTLER, and Cena THE PERSON. and I always hated Cena the wrestler but not the person; and now I HATE JOHN CENA in it's integrity! "Vince!..., Vince! someone spat on my face! it was Bryan Danielson! I'm the golden boy of WWE! fire him Vince!"

now two things before I start to having my rep down my fellows IWC: as it is said on the report, Danielson spitting on Cena's face WASN'T THE ONLY reason why he was released (people I'm sorry, but it's not a work. I would love to but it isn't). however, we all know that Cena is the golden boy of WWE, the spoiled kid of Vinnie Mac. it isn't a surprised that it was a factor for Danielson's release. what is shocking, is the fact that Cena went into the laps of his daddy Mcmahon. how the hell in the world a newbie in the E, an indy, could spat on Cen'as face!!?? I'm sorry guys but Cena whined like a bitch.

second of all, obviously if I was attacked by 8 guys, and one of them spat in my face, I would be mad too! but c'mon!!!!!fire him??? choked someone + spit on Cena's face= being fired??? I remember one of my favorite moments in Randy Orton's career, when he SPAT ON HHH'S FACE! did he got fired??of course not, cause HHH wants to put young people over. obviously is necessary to say that Orton didn't violate any WWE rule, code or whatever you want to call it. however I don't think that HHH went to bitch to his father in-law or to his wife saying:"Orton jut spat on my face!! fire him or sanctioned him!"

John Cena is a two-face bitch, backstabber, hypocrite! he has the nerve to sign a petition for Danielson getting back on WWE, just to have people like me (Cena haters) to like him?! what an asshole!!

as Best Ever just said, "I hope Cena choke's on a dick". I'm a Cena hater since 2007-2008. but I always could make a distinction between Cena THE WRESTLER, and Cena THE PERSON. and I always hated Cena the wrestler but not the person; and now I HATE JOHN CENA in it's integrity! "Vince!..., Vince! someone spat on my face! it was Bryan Danielson! I'm the golden boy of WWE! fire him Vince!"

now two things before I start to having my rep down my fellows IWC: as it is said on the report, Danielson spitting on Cena's face WASN'T THE ONLY reason why he was released (people I'm sorry, but it's not a work. I would love to but it isn't). however, we all know that Cena is the golden boy of WWE, the spoiled kid of Vinnie Mac. it isn't a surprised that it was a factor for Danielson's release. what is shocking, is the fact that Cena went into the laps of his daddy Mcmahon. how the hell in the world a newbie in the E, an indy, could spat on Cen'as face!!?? I'm sorry guys but Cena whined like a bitch.

second of all, obviously if I was attacked by 8 guys, and one of them spat in my face, I would be mad too! but c'mon!!!!!fire him??? choked someone + spit on Cena's face= being fired??? I remember one of my favorite moments in Randy Orton's career, when he SPAT ON HHH'S FACE! did he got fired??of course not, cause HHH wants to put young people over. obviously is necessary to say that Orton didn't violate any WWE rule, code or whatever you want to call it. however I don't think that HHH went to bitch to his father in-law or to his wife saying:"Orton jut spat on my face!! fire him or sanctioned him!"

John Cena is a two-face bitch, backstabber, hypocrite! he has the nerve to sign a petition for Danielson getting back on WWE, just to have people like me (Cena haters) to like him?! what an asshole!!

you're a bright one aren't you? No, kidding. You're so gullible, believing whatever the dirtsheets throw at you. did you believe the story that bryan danielson spit on eve and had an altercation with triple h?

you're a bright one aren't you? No, kidding. You're so gullible, believing whatever the dirtsheets throw at you. did you believe the story that bryan danielson spit on eve and had an altercation with triple h?

no sir, I didn't believe the story with Eve and the altercation with Triple H. oh and I don't read dirtsheets, however I've been a member of WZ not only because I love talking about wrestling but also cause I thought that WZ is a reliable source to all the things that happen in the wrestling business.

now if your are skeptical and think that this whole thing is a work or that Danielson spitting on Cena's face has nothing to do with him being fired, that is your problem. now instead of doubting about how "bright" I am, please give arguments that state that the spitting has nothing to do with Danielson being released. I will read it and if you are right , I would accept my misake, but please don't turn this into a stupid fight telling me that I'm a jerk because I thought it was true.

Yet another rumour - am I the only one getting a bit tired of this speculation?

What worries me a bit is that it seems that Danielson did these things off his own back. The choke with the tie, the spit in Cena's face - if they were the reason for his release, and if they weren't pre planned, then I think it was stupid on Danielson's part.

Yes he was creating heat - but it didn't need it. (for the record) I can't believe that the choke wasn't pre planned. No way you'd do that to Roberts without him knowing - particularly as all of the other people at ringside only had to sell a few punches and kicks.

If it wasn't pre planned, then I think it was an extraordinarily stupid thing to do on many levels. Firstly it was very dangerous - if Roberts doesn't know it's coming, and doesn't get his hand in place (which the images show he was struggling to do, then he could've done some serious damage).

And the other reason is that simply it wasn't needed. The invasion had already built up a crapload of heat. Argue all you want about it being a great visual, once the dust has settled, the difference between him doing a choke on Roberts, and not - is very small.

Again though - I don't believe the choke was Danielson's idea. The camera was lined up ready, and I don't believe that you would do that unannounced - particularly on someone like Roberts.

As for the spit - (again I'm talking about if he did do it on purpose - without instruction). What a stupid thing to do. It adds nothing to the segment, you're already screaming "You're not better than me" (Which - for the record Danielson - you are not,yet), you've kicked him around the head. Little piece done, we get it, you've said your bit. Don't spit in Cena's face, totally disrespectful (on a personal, real life level).

Regarding that previous point, if (as Barrett said on Monday) they don't have a problem with Cena, then it makes no sense. Albeit the problem with Cena could've been written into Danielson's character as the weeks gone on.

It's all conjecture at the moment, and I think it forever will be. I think we can expect to see Danielson back at some point. May be next month, may be next year, but I think he has the talent to go a long distance. But I'm getting very bored with all the speculation.

I'm not sure whether this has been brought up or not, but on the WWE Universe Facebook page, they asked the fans whether or not they want Daniel Bryan to be brought back to the WWE. Going by that, I think it's pretty clear that they fully intend on bringing him back, and it's going to be a Matt Hardy type of situation where the release was legitimate, but only to cool things off for a while. Danielson will fulfill his independent bookings and then he'll likely be back. As for what I think of the actual motivation for his firing, WWE has sponsors to answer to and I don't blame them for trying to keep happy the people who are bringing them the money. Maybe Cena's right in that the punishment was a little too severe, but again, as long as he's brought back eventually to take a major role in this NXT invasion storyline, I'll be satisfied.

Twitter said:
Bryan Danielson bryandanielson

Looks like my return to the independents will be next Saturday for @chikarapro in Detroit, MI. I'm stoked to be working with Chikara again!

So there we have it, this is NOT a work and BD is in fact working for the indys once again. I'd also like to point out the 90days no complete clause just relates to federations with national TV deals.

Now that's pretty much it, it's a big shame as I very much liked his style in the ring, whilst he had a few things to to be WWEified, I thought he had the in ring skills to pull it off. Sadly this won't be the case, will he be back one day? Lets hope so, big loss in my opinion.

I've been fairly certain from the start that the firing is real. However, the specualtion that he may be hired back after his 90 day no compete clause expires still remains a possibility. This scenerio lets McMahon satisfy those who applied to pressure regarding the choking/spitting and it leaves room for the WWE to improvise. Danielson could very easily be thrown right back into the mix with the NXT invasion angle- on either side for that matter.

There's been so much stuff out there to dig through that I'm just thrilled with all the attention that Danielson is getting. He deserves it, damn it. Because he is that damn good. :)

Danielson is that good. From the first episode of NXT, McMahon has told everyone that Bryan is has been made a star. He was and is high on him. McMahon most likely didn't want to let him go but had to due to PG and his stupid wife which won't win anything that has to do with the being part of the gov't (give her a stunner and give me a HELL YEAH!!!). McMahon most likely cannot wait for the 90 days to go by so he can resign him to the WWE and make him #1, where he deserves to be. I hope he stays a heel because he has more intensity as a heel than the face Danielson, or at least a tweener. McMahon should apoligize to Danielson and personally go to his house and give him the contract after 90 days has gone by.

I reckon that the WWE will try to resign Bryan Danielson just before his 90 day no compete clause. However, the big question is whether Danielson will want to come back after the way he has been treated.

I mean surely he won't want to go back to the indies were he has accomplished a lot admittedly but doesn't get the exposure like WWE or even TNA.

Will TNA be a realistic option? If Danielson did sign with TNA you would find it hard to see him ever wrestling in the WWE again.

I personally would love to see Danielson back in the WWE as I think he was just building up a head of steam and was ready to be a major player in the WWE. I hope that this was not his only chance to make it in the WWE.

I don't think he would ever go to TNA because WWE is where he wants to be. Bryan has wanted to be in WWE for awhile obviously. If he were to go to TNA all it would do is hurt his chances of being resigned. Not to mention TNA would probably just embarrass him. They would probably make him bad mouth WWE and maybe even HBK. Plus considering the current state of affairs with TNA I know Bryan would feel he would get lost in the mix and wind up like Wolfe. Say he were to debut next month.. I have no doubt by the end of the year he would be exactly where The Pope is now. All the released talent there doesn't help either. Bryan wants to follow his mentor and headline at a Wrestlemania with thousands of people. Not some sound stage with a few hundred people.

Plus the only former TNA stars that I can think of who have had some form of success when coming to the WWE are Zac Gowen and R Truth. Oh wait I forgot CM Punk was in TNA originally... not that anyone remembers it.

To be honest i really dont care about him i never seen him perform outside WWE but i took a look at this guy and said, there is the next WWE jobber, so if he lost the elimination i wouldnt care. They tried this whole Cole feud to boost his character and i just thumbs down it. We have seen people assault people a thousand times its getting old fast. Back then it was better we saw epic beat downs now we see PG attacks a forearm to the back of the head and a bunch of body kicks, thats it. Im ok with his release because he was a nobody in WWE so if they fired curt hawkins you wouldnt care. But since John Cena crys you do

Source: The Wrestling Observer
It's being reported that Shawn Michaels apparently became furious when he heard the news that Bryan Danielson had been released from WWE. For those unaware, Michaels was Danielson's original trainer.

Shawn is angry about the situation and quiet so, Bryan Danielson didn't get released over anything major, he didn't have a seizure for taking drugs, nor failed continuous drug tests.

The guy didn't even have heat on him for rubbing people the wrong way, he was in great condition and was one of the most over members of the NXT group.

WWE's firing of Danielson for being Un - PG is quiet astounding, the fact that if this Benoit rule was relevant why wasn't he informed, why wasn't it a fact instead of being a no no by management.

Danielson was also praised for being a standout member of the lockerroom, its a stupid decision and one that will end up biting the company in the behind if they don't react to it, look how the internet is buzzing at the moment with this issue, it hasn't died down, the WWE could easily capitalise on this to make Danielson a bigger star in there eyes and i dont seey why they shouldn't just look what they did with the whole Hardy/Edge Lita feud and it managed to get both guys over no matter how bland Hardy is.

This makes sense and I hope Vince is smart enough to see theres money to be made.

Shawn is angry about the situation and quiet so, Bryan Danielson didn't get released over anything major, he didn't have a seizure for taking drugs, nor failed continuous drug tests.

The guy didn't even have heat on him for rubbing people the wrong way, he was in great condition and was one of the most over members of the NXT group.

WWE's firing of Danielson for being Un - PG is quiet astounding, the fact that if this Benoit rule was relevant why wasn't he informed, why wasn't it a fact instead of being a no no by management.

Danielson was also praised for being a standout member of the lockerroom, its a stupid decision and one that will end up biting the company in the behind if they don't react to it, look how the internet is buzzing at the moment with this issue, it hasn't died down, the WWE could easily capitalise on this to make Danielson a bigger star in there eyes and i dont seey why they shouldn't just look what they did with the whole Hardy/Edge Lita feud and it managed to get both guys over no matter how bland Hardy is.

This makes sense and I hope Vince is smart enough to see theres money to be made.

As insane as this sounds I believe that the McMahon family only has one thing in mind right now.

Getting Linda McMahon into the US senate.

They are such an egomaniacal family that running the WWE isn't good enough. They want a say in how this country is run. an god help us if a McMahon makes it into the US Senate.

as Deexter Jorgan said, HBK is mad about Danielson's release, and why wouldn't he? is completely bs his release. I mean if the Benoit rule is such a big deal, why in the blue hell wasn't he warned? I mean he was new! I just can't understand why he was fired for something that he didn't knew but guys like Test, Jeff Hardy, Carlito and many others are just sanctioned. these guys are suspended because they are jackasses who violate's the wellness policy by using steroids, being pot heads, fucking drogaddicts but that is OK for a PG ERA?? oh but someone who doesn't use drugs, is respected by the IWC, trained by one of the greatest in wrestling history (HBK) HAS to be fired!? hopefully, Vince will take his head form his butt and realise that the E needs more technical guys and not so many drug addicts I mean "BIG" guys..

as Deexter Jorgan said, HBK is mad about Danielson's release, and why wouldn't he? is completely bs his release. I mean if the Benoit rule is such a big deal, why in the blue hell wasn't he warned? I mean he was new! I just can't understand why he was fired for something that he didn't knew but guys like Test, Jeff Hardy, Carlito and many others are just sanctioned. these guys are suspended because they are jackasses who violate's the wellness policy by using steroids, being pot heads, fucking drogaddicts but that is OK for a PG ERA?? oh but someone who doesn't use drugs, is respected by the IWC, trained by one of the greatest in wrestling history (HBK) HAS to be fired!? hopefully, Vince will take his head form his butt and realise that the E needs more technical guys and not so many drug addicts I mean "BIG" guys..

It also makes you wonder if they did that to rub it in the face of Michaels since he is retired and is no longer there to use his backstage pull. They all knew he was trained by Shawn and that Michaels supported him. It could be a spite move because every year Vince tries to convince Shawn to stay and this year he couldn't.

It also makes you wonder if they did that to rub it in the face of Michaels since he is retired and is no longer there to use his backstage pull. They all knew he was trained by Shawn and that Michaels supported him. It could be a spite move because every year Vince tries to convince Shawn to stay and this year he couldn't.

yeah, I think in some way it's an offense to Shawn as a wrestler and as a trainer. just like most of us here in the IWC, HBK saw the talent in Danielson and NOT HIS SIZE. as far I'm concern, the role that Danielson had in the NxT invasion was pure intensity. adn you're right theHeadliner, it's a shame that HBK is retired cause I think that he would do the impossible to get Danielson back in the WWE.

Now that it seems that this is a legit release (or WWE's greatest achievement in "pulling a fast one"), the question becomes "What's next?" I believe that eventually Danielson will come back to WWE, as those within the company seem genuinely upset about his release and want him back. He'll probably work a few indy gigs, then pop up on Raw somewhere down the line. It's unfortunate that he ended up being the scapegoat of this situation (as most reports are indicating), but management seems sorry for that. They owe him for this, and he better have a sweet spot on the roster when he comes back.

You know if Bryan does come back I really hope they throw him into an angle with the Undertaker before he retires. Imagine Bryan trying to avenge HBK for Undertaker ending his career? Not only would the matches stagger the imagination, but the $$$$ that would come from such an angle. Bryan could be the first person to make UT legitimately tap out.

A look at all the reasons of why Bryan Danielson got fired must have already been discussed on the threads already, but hopefully this post will be unique enough to stand on its own
(MOD NOTE NO IT WASN'T)
because I just have to air out my points and see if I can engage some of you folks on here about this situation.

When Bryan Danielson (I'm sorry but calling him Daniel Bryan is a struggle for me.) got fired for choking out Justin Roberts with his tie and spitting on Cena, the internet theorists bandied about a plethora of rumors and many of which just reek of pure BS to me from the get go. Anyway let's recap those supposed reasons real quick.

1. Public Pressure From Mattel:

- I am going to start with the stupidest one yet, now I can't prove this nor can anyone else not working for either party. However, the Mattel just annoys the ever loving crap out of me! Now for the wrestling fans on here that read comic books might share my opinion on this one but for those who are unaware of Mattel's licenses, not only do they have WWE under their banner but they also have a relationship with DC Comics. Not too mention they have made action figures based on R-Rated films in the past, like Demolition Man!

For anyone who has ever read a DC Comic you would know that despite their more kid friendly titles with imprints like "Johnny DC", the company has a rich history of using rape, murder, mass genocide in their major storyilnes. Now granted, Mattel has never made any playsets featuring a supervillain raping an adversary's wife (like one storyline featured). The idea that Mattel would have a working relationship with a company who's created content like this and then be offended at anything WWE does is preposterous. I know what Danielson did was in the live action world and not in the animated or sequential art world but violent content is violent content. If Mattel was to bellyache and bitch about something like that to WWE that would be entirely hypocritical and just plain stupid. Therefore I ruled that out from the start, just recently the net has surfaced with an update saying Mattel was never involved. That was my feeling from the start, but whoever out there made up that rumor has to be a complete idiot. I'm sorry but I have to throw my two cents in on that.

2. Linda's Senate Race:

- I have heard that Jim Ross said that this wasn't the reason either, but to be honest between that and Mattel, the Linda Senate race makes a lot more sense as a theory. I mean in the past few months they have attacked Linda on issues like the Katie Vick storyline. However, this is just a rumor too and there was never any real substantial proof that Linda's PR people wanted Danielson fired.

3. Too reminiscent of the Benoit Murder/Suicide:

- It's possible but at the same time, I doubt this too. Since Benoit's death HBK and HHH have used the Crippler Crossface, and we saw enough images of the film on the mainstream news where people who don't watch wrestling would have a pretty good idea what that move is. Plus when you think about the violent and aggressive acts that WWE has aired on their shows since the Benoit incident they are situations that are no better than Justin Roberts' assault and John Cena's humiliation at Danielson's hand. After all has anyone forgotten the time HHH pulled a "Shining" on Randy Orton's home and broke the damn door open with his sledgehammer? During that whole storyline, I also remember a restrained Triple H watching Randy Orton assault Stephanie McMahon and then giving her a kiss while she was unconscious. Granted that this did not involve strangulation but how is what happened in those situations justifiable and this even overlapped with the same time period that Linda announced her intentions to run for office. On top of it all these were acts that have been PG era as well, how amusing and double standard riddled is that way of thinking on WWE's part? While the Benoit incident is a great excuse on the surface to use, it's very hypocritical and just plain stupid to compare what Danielson did. Too violent for TV my ass, after watching everything WWE has done for years, that could be considered pretty tame, and besides what kid under the age of 13 is going to be up past 10PM to see this in the first place?! Therefore I have to rule out the Benoit incident and the whole "too violent for tv idea" being why WWE chose to fire Danielson. Again if these are the reasons, then it shows WWE as a place full of double standards and hypocrisy. But remember that's IF. There is no real proof that is this why they chose to fire Danielson. It's only speculation, ridiculous speculation at that.

4. Backstage politics:

- This is possible too, WWE is no different than any other corporation. There will be people who like you and people who don't. Sometimes that is enough to either make or break you in a company. I was never backstage to see how Danielson got along with everyone, so I am no authority on this. If I tried to sell this as the reason this firing definitely happened, I would be no different than most idiots on the internet who love their conspiracies. This is a very good possibility and probably the most likely. But who really knows, none of us posting on here know how the business side of WWE works so we should be very careful to comment on this because none of us are authorities on how WWE does their business. And for those that think John Cena is behind a ruse that had something to do with Danielson's firing who really knows? Some people might think he's trying to use Twitter pleading Danielson's case as a ploy to get more IWC folk to like him? In my opinion getting Danielson fired and then trying to sound like a champion to Danielson's cause sounds like a massive waste of energy and all too elaborate a plan. However, since he has posted stuff on Twitter this might have some merit, but people I think are writing too much into Cena's tweets. So who really knows, who really cares about this aspect of the Danielson firing. To be honest I think someone like John Cena (and believe me I am not a big fan of this guy, but I gotta let personal bias step aside) who is the top gun in their chosen profession could really give a shit what anyone out in cyberspace really thinks!

After going through all those possible reasons, I'm going to say that I don't know what got Danielson fired, I wasn't there to see what went down and I only have what I've seen on TV to tell me of this situation. To say that any of the above mentioned possibilities are iron clad reasons would be just as foolish on my part. I have no authority on the what, where and why. In the end I hope this is all a work like some people have been saying, if it is it would be a great storyline and such an awesome swerve to throw at the opinionated, know it all fanbase that makes up a good portion of the Internet Wrestling Community.

At the end who really knows, if we see Bryan Danielson back on the "91st day" in a WWE ring, then it's a good possibility that everyone out there following this case has been played.

Anyway, your turn now my fellow forum readers to weigh in on what you think. Granted it's been a couple weeks since this happened, but it's still a fresh enough debate to get more input from all of you! So let's get this started...

Well after these weeks it is really pointless to try and guess of which cause BD got fired , we know all the reason as to why he would be fired, so we could leave it at that since we can debate all day and we will never know for sure 100% exactly why.

Fatal4Way was funny seeing as in every match there were Daniel Bryan chants, WWE should really take notice i mean jesus fans actually chanted a name of a guy that got fired.ISnt that proof enough they want him there...
There is nothing else to be said and debated, WWE are idiots and if what the fan from Long Island said was true, about Cena talking some trash off-air( "S.o.B or sth like that ) than they are really out of their mind with this firing.Of course cena can do w/e the hell he wants so thats that.

All but a little ounce of being in me has been believing that it is legit. I say a little ounce still believes its a work because you never really know with the WWE. Even though it is legit, there is no doubt, not even a little ounce, that he will be back.

On the WWE facebook page, they asked the fans if they wanted Danielson back. The WWE has said that they did it mainly to increase traffic to the site. That right there is already saying a lot. If they know he's going to increase traffic to the site, they should know that he would also increase viewership and revenue. Not to mention, most of the people were saying that they do want him back. He is obviously very over.

Then last night at the F4W PPV, there were "Daniel Bryan" chants to open and close the PPV. The WWE had to hear this and take notice. It was a very smarky crowd, but it was still very loud. They were already talking about bringing him back before, but now it seems that it will definitely happen and possibly in the very near future.

This has possibly been cleared up before but i haven't seen it if it is the case.

On the assumption that Daniel Bryan actually got fired (because some people still say it is a work), why, if they wanted to, would WWE need to give 90 days to re-hire him? I realise that when wrestlers have been released they are given a 90 day no compete clause, but surely that is for a different company and not themselves too? This confuses me somewhat tbh.

I've seen this mentioned repeatedly. People are doing a 90-day countdown until the day Daniel Bryan gets rehired.

WHY?!?!!

This has nothing to do with liking or hating Daniel Bryan. (Personally? Love him, no homo.) This has to do with what appears to be a piece of misinformation that has been repeated so much people are accepting it as fact. The WWE has the by now well-known no-compete clauses in their contracts, preventing their talent from appearing on television for another wrestling company (which means no TNA, ROH house shows only) for ninety days. This doesn't affect the WWE rehiring him one bit; who on God's green earth would write the business contract that said after you released someone, you promised not to employ them for ninety days?

That's the only place I can figure the "ninety day" figure came from, but let's examine other possible rationale. What about "the sponsors" (as if they could be referred to as a singular personality, when in reality they're several different voices with their own interests) being upset with Daniel Bryan going over PG? What if it wasn't the sponsors, but rivals within the WWE who wanted him released, say, for spitting in a certain face?

There's still nothing that requires his release to last at least ninety days.

There's a lot of people who want Daniel Bryan back. He got a raw deal; in my always humble opinion, he was the one who really sold the NXT beatdown as an extra-ordinary event. But if you're sitting on the edge of your seat expecting him to walk down the Raw ramp in early September, prepare yourself for some disappointment. The only thing stopping the WWE from rehiring him is finding a pen at the office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back