Can Evolve Survive?

Tougie

WZ Sexual Panther
I've been keeping my eye on it since it started. I was thinking once they lost Davey Richards to ROH they would slowly fade but they''ve stuck around for a bit. They have some top indy talent for example The Kings of Wrestling, Jimmy Jacobs, Jon Moxley, Sami Callihan, Kenn Doane, Jack Evans, and even Bryan Danielson has signed on for a few shows and all of those guys are capable of putting on some real good matches.

Now obviously there is a behind the scenes fued with Gabe Sapolsky and ROH so its not that hard to believe that he wants to compete with them. But really can they survive? They dont have a tv deal, and some people dont even know they exist. With competition from PWG, DGUSA, ROH and more do you think Evolve will last?

Yes I think they can survive they just need to advertise there product better so that people know what it is and what it offers. Also while it is true that they dont have a tv deal like Ring of Honor. They do a have dvd type deal so they can easily show product like they would if they had a tv deal. Also Gabe is the booker of both DragonGate USA and Evolve so I don't see how to company he owns can compete with each other.

As far as pwg and roh go I don't think you should count pwg. Just because of the fact that Pwg is a on the west cost and Evolve is on the east coast. So they really don't have to share a venue or even fight to see who gets the most fans in case they both have a show on one night. Besides pwg I heard is on good term with Gabe so I don't think Gabe would count him at all as competion.

I only stated PWG because its been around for a while, should have said Chikara but it slipped my mind i guess

Its cool man no sweat. Chikara wouldn't work either because they have the same type of relationship with Gabe and DragonGate USA and Evolve because if you notice in Evolve and DragonGateUSA. They use Chikara based talent like Mike Quakenbush. Jigsaw and The Colony. So I don't think they are competion either.

Well despite sharing talent both of those promotions have been around for a while and are established per say as an indy promotion.

This is a tough one to call. EVOLVE is using some great wrestlers. They've provided a few good matches but the two hurdles that you've stated are big hurdles.

1. Feud with Ring Of Honor If you have a disagreement with any Indy company, you try to avoid feuding with ROH. Ring of Honor is king of the Indies, there's not much dispute there. With the leaving of Davey Richards you can only imagine they might get contracts with other wrestlers just to put the few final nails.

But with that hurdle also comes a step. When people hear that ROH is trying to get rid of EVOLVE, they might check it out, get hooked, and increase their fan base. This can help them greatly but the detractor here is greater than the benefit.

2.The Indy Scene We live in a great indy scene. Amazing wrestlers are bouncing around some great companies who give us the stories and matches we desire. It's crazy hard for a new Indy company to wedge its way in right now.

So their chances are small, but with the spirit and fan base, EVOLVE might just evolve. Heheheh.

EVOLVE should be fine. They'll be able to draw a few hundred to their shows just from Gabe's reputation with indy wrestling fans, regardless of whether or not Davey Richards is wrestling on their show or not. Sucks big time that Davey won't be working any indies besides ROH now, but it won't kill this promotion. Yes, they were planning on focusing the company around Davey, but they had only just barely started to plant the seeds for that on their first two shows, his loss really shouldn't affect the promotion very much storyline and booking-wise. They still have great indy talent and the money to bring in more international stars, and if they continue running these shows in big wrestling towns like Philly or New York then they should be absolutely fine financially.

Either way, I wish their new show would fucking come out on DVD already. It's been like 4-5 months since their last one came out, but it was great and I'm excited to see their new show and where they're headed as a promotion. Definitely keeping my eye on them.

I enjoy it and for someone who doesn't live on the east coast and is pretty busy, I like how they only have like one show every couple of months. That way I can afford to buy every dvd and keep up with it. That is the reason I stopped watching ROH, too many shows that I can't keep up with or afford to constantly buying all the dvds or PPVs.
Even in the backstage segments you can tell it's low budget but they make it really good and feuds actually mean something where you want to see the match and pay for it. The little lame feud for Gargano vs. Jacobs took like no time but I really wanted to see that match.
To me they found a niche I like it and I will keep buying their dvds if they keep up the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back