EVOLVE 9 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Bearded One

Love is not admissable evidence.
EVOLVE Wrestling returns to iPPV July 26 with EVOLVE 9. EVOLVE is one of my favorite independent promotions and they only run shows about every other month so it's always fresh. There are very few bad matches and there are at two very good to great matches on every show.

There are only two matches announced so far for EVOLVE 9.

Dave "Fit Finlay vs Sami Callihan

I think this match is going to be awesome. Callihan has really grown on me this year and has had a great 2011 thus far. He is putting on great match after great match and is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Finlay is making his EVOLVE debut here and I think he has the perfect opponent for him. He proved in the WWE that he can still wrestle at a high level and this is another chance for him to prove that he's still got it. This should be a stiff, hard-hitting matchup between two great wrestlers. It's goin to be cool seeing Finlay in an intimate environment like this and I'm expecting big things from this match.

Chuck Taylor vs Jonny Gargano

These two wrestled an impromptu match at EVOLVE 7 to determine the wins leader. Gargano came out on top of a short match, though it was in controversial fashion as Larry Dallas and Reby Sky threw in the towel for Chucky T. Dalass manages both wrestlers so it should be interesting to see how it plays out. Gargano and Taylor seem to be linked at the hip. They are teammates in CHIKARA in F.I.S.T. and in DGUSA as Ronin. They know each other's style very well from working together so much and that should make this a great match. Gargano has been one of my favorites for a while now and I really like Taylor, so I'm looking forward to it. It should be good stuff.

Also announced for this show are the CHIKARA Sekigun of Jigsaw and Frightmare, Bobby Fish, Jon Davis and Tony Nese.

Anyone else looking forward to this show?

Another match has been added to EVOLVE 9, this time it's a tag team match.

Cheech and Cloudy vs Jigsaw and Frightmare

Two undefeated teams collide here to determine who the best team in EVOLVE is. I really like both teams and this should be a pretty good match. Cheech and Cloudy are always fun to watch, especially Cheech. I can't believe he isn't making it as a singles wrestler somewhere in the indies. Jigsaw and Frightmare are two of my favroite wrestlers in CHIKARA. Jigsaw has been a little stale as of late, but I think him being in a fresh environment will help him out a lot. Frightmare is always awesome and he is always a lot of fun to watch.

This match should just be a lot of fun, and I think Jigsaw and Frightmare will pull out the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back