Davey Richards will NOT retire!

Chicago1989

Ain't it sleep first then eat?
As the title states, Davey Richards has made the decision to not retire at the end of 2010. Calling this big news for ROH is an understatement. Me and all the fans at the Glory By Honor IX show were extremely happy when we heard this news and I'm pretty sure the Davey Richards fans are very happy about this as well. I was told that because he's staying with ROH, he will be given a World Title shot at the next PPV, Final Battle 2010, against Homicide and Roderick Strong and deservingly so. Just watch this amazing sitdown interview and you'll see why..

Ever since becoming an ROH fan earlier this year, Davey Richards has quickly become one of my favorites. His dedication, passion, and effort as a wrestler is second to none. What are your thoughts on this great news?

Him announcing that he wasn't retiring was one of my favorite parts of Glory By Honor. Then the announcement that he is in the title match at Final Battle just made things even better. Davey Richards has been on fire for over a year and proves night in and night out that he is the best wrestler in the world. He deserves the title, and will most likely win it at Final Battle. If the past year is any indication, 2011 will be the Year of the Wolf.

Just a side question. Do you think Richards staying has anything to do with Kyle O'Reilly signing a contract with Ring of Honor? Richards trained O'Reilly and has seemingly been mentoring him. So did Richards decide to stay just to help O'Reilly get acclimated to Ring of Honor, or was it something more than that?

Just a side question. Do you think Richards staying has anything to do with Kyle O'Reilly signing a contract with Ring of Honor? Richards trained O'Reilly and has seemingly been mentoring him. So did Richards decide to stay just to help O'Reilly get acclimated to Ring of Honor, or was it something more than that?

I doubt that it has to do with Kyle O'Reilly. Just by watching the interview, Davey seemed very honest and genuine about staying in wrestling.

Davey Richards announcing he was not retiring was one of the highlights of the PPV for me because Davey is one of my favorite wrestlers in ROH and I'm glad that he is staying. Davey deserves to be ROH champion and I really think that he will win belt at Final Battle form Roderick Strong.

Not surprised at all by this, but it doesn't make me any less excited. For my money, Davey is the best wrestler in the US today, and is definitely up there on the list worldwide. He will continue to put on great matches and by this time next year, he will be ROH World Champion.

Like Thriz this doesn't shock me int he slightest bit, as when Davey initially announced for the 12 millionth time that he was going to retire this year I said then that there was no way he'd end up retiring, and it appears my prediction has come true. Great news though, as with the departure of Tyler Black it would seem that Davey Richards is perfectly in line for a world title run at Final Battle, which I fully expect and would love to see.

Great, albeit predictable, news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back