Kane- Daniel bryan storyline

GOOZEKING

Getting Noticed By Management
Can you someone please tell me what the storyline is supposed to be for this awful fued?

They had a great match, but last night officially ruined The fued for me..... With brie screaming, and bryan acting like p@ssy. In my opinion this fued is failing. So can some own please tell me, what is the point of making bryan look so scared? I mean if he acts like this with kane imagine how much of a p@ssy he will be for lesnar.

He's protecting his wife more than anything from a psychopath. He himself isn't scared of Kane, at least I'v never had the impression he is.

Anyway the feud is booked for Kane to look like an unstoppable demon and for Bryan to overcome him etc etc. Classic good vs evil storytelling.

Bryan is running scared for the same reason Shane and Zack Ryder ran scared. It's just your standard paint by numbers Kane storyline. Here's the basic formula for your typical cut and paste Kane feud:

1)Kane removes mask OR puts it back on
2)Kane savagely attacks underdog
(RVD/ Shane/ Zack Ryder/ Daniel Bryan)
3)Kane stalks his opponents lover, friend and/or family member
(Linda McMahon, Paul Bearer, Eve Torres, Brie Bella, etc etc)
4)Kane loses at the PPV

Rinse, recycle, repeat.

I said this feud would be a failure the night Kane attacked Bryan after Wrestlemania. http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=275521

Unfortunately the lack of imagination in most of this forums members failed to see it coming. Why? Because a lot of fans are unable to see anything other than what WWE presents to them. I accept their apology.

Kane should not be challenging for the title in 2014. Bryan is the best technical wrestler on the roster and they have him wrestling in garbage hardcore matches against Glen Jacobs. If they wanted to showcase what makes Bryan great they'd be booking him in matches against his fellow new generation wrestlers who are capable of putting on 5 star matches with him. Guys like Cesaro, Barrett, The Shield, Bray Wyatt, and Ziggler. Unfortunately Kane, Triple H, and Orton all have rematches coming up and that will take us all the way to Summerslam when Bryan loses to Lesnar. As I said in my own thread, Bryan's entire run is going to end up being hijacked by old timers and part timers.

There is no real reason for this feud. I absolutely hate it. Everything about it is terrible. I can't stand seeing Kane come after them like he is Michael Myers or Jason Voorhies. Storylines like this are such a waste of time. This is almost as bad as the Cena/Wyatt feud but even more corny. I can't help but to think Vince Russo is working with WWE again given the terrible post Wrestlemania we've been experiencing. Please WWE, get your sh*t together....the terrible feuds/storylines of right now are hurting my brain. It is almost as bad as anything TNA is doing. Well, that is a little harsh because nothing can be as bad as what TNA does but I am thoroughly not enjoying WWE currently and it is disappointing.

The plan was for Bryan to move onto a singles feud with Batista before Batista leaves for a while to begin promotional work for Guardians of the Galaxy. At least, that's what various reports over the past few days have stated. Allegedly, Batista didn't wanna job to Bryan, as he'd already done it at WrestleMania XXX, again before leaving to begin promoting his movie. He felt it would leave a bad impression of him in the minds of fans. If all that is true, then Batista really is an egomaniac because a huge number of fans already have a bad impression of him in their minds. If last night is any indicator, Batista will stay around for the Payback ppv, as was originally planned, though it'll almost certainly be another match against The Shield in which he won't be the one who gets pinned.

With Bray Wyatt in the middle of a feud with Cena, Evolution feuding with The Shield, Brock Lesnar being MIA until it's time for SummerSlam and CM Punk walking out more than 3 months ago; Kane's probably the only viable threat for Bryan at this point in time. Sheamus & Barrett are just now starting to get back on track, at least that's how it looks right now. Cesaro isn't ready and while I know some fans just wanna see him feud with Bryan because of the match quality, what'd be the point right now? As I said, he's not ready, so do you just wanna see him get fed to Bryan? I can already hear the "WWE's burying Cesaro" ranting now. Even worse, would you rather him have a lame duck title similar to Jack Swagger or Rey Mysterio? A run that's doomed to mediocrity almost from the instant it begins? So who else is left? You wanna see Rusev get a shot? Something tells me that's not gonna put a lot of asses in seats.

I'm not all that wild about the feud with Kane either. I thought they had a great match at Extreme Rules and the original plan was, allegedly, that ER was the end of it before Batista got his panties in a bind. So, WWE's just trying to make the best of it. If something winds up happening to Brie Bella, such as even accidentally being "injured" by Kane, and it amps Bryan up, then I think it'll all come out alright in the end.

Granted this is not the best feud in some time but its not the worse. Kane at his age,can still go and is not beaten down by injuries. But in reality what was WWE supposed to do? Kane was the original plan for ER,but going forward batista was going to step in..

That was until Bootista got sand in his vag and didn't want to job to Bryan.. Although he already tapped out to Bryan at WM but didn't want to job?:wtf: Sheamus is the new United States Champion and had a hint hint of a heel turn last night.. Sheamus is trying to be a ME player again..

Barrett is the new IC champion,so he is going to have his hands full. Some have wanted Cesaro but he isnt ready for this feud yet. maybe next year,but not now. Lesnar? Gone till at least SummerSlam.

Big Show or Mark Henry? No offense to either future HOFers but no thank you. Rusev? Something tells me,the audience wouldn't care for that

The fiasco with Bryan, Brie, and Kane last night reminded me of a random, generic, and shitty horror movie. WWE pulled out all the stops to dig up damn near every horror cliche imaginable. The couple running from the big scary psychopath, the lame attempt at a jump scare with Stephanie in the car, and out of nowhere, Bryan had trouble starting the car ("The car won't start?!? What are we gonna do???" ugh), and of course Kane pops up to scare Brie (didn't have a big problem with Brie, but she could use some lessons from Linnea Quigley, a real scream queen). :disappointed:

Although, I thought about something a little while ago, and it's not out of the norm for Kane, but is there a chance WWE is using monster Kane to play up his role in and promote See No Evil 2? He's the star (as Jacob Goodnight) again with Danielle Harris and The Soska Twins (the only reason why I have some hope for this), and there's no official release date yet, but See No Evil 2 is supposed to receive a release sometime this year.

From what I remember, WWE took a similar route with Kane stalking Davari a few years ago for the first See No Evil film. It looks like Corporate Kane is dead (thankfully) for now, and you can't use stooge Kane to promote See No Evil 2.

Anyway, as others said, Kane is on a very short list of formidable opponents for Daniel Bryan. The Corporate Kane character ran its course a while ago, so boogeyman/monster Kane reinvigorates the feud between Bryan and Kane.

This is far from the ideal first title program for Bryan and really should have ended at Extreme Rules, but circumstances have led to it being extended. The booking of it last night was laughable and I don't think it does anything for Bryan, but he just needs to ride it out for 3 more weeks and he should be able to move on, with Brie hopefully going back to doing her own thing as she's a drain on overness.

To me the most enjoyable part of this feud is Stephanie on her own as a top heel. She is doing great as the creepy, smarmy architect of all this. "Remember I'm heavy handed..." that was a good one

This is far from the ideal first title program for Bryan and really should have ended at Extreme Rules, but circumstances have led to it being extended. The booking of it last night was laughable and I don't think it does anything for Bryan, but he just needs to ride it out for 3 more weeks and he should be able to move on, with Brie hopefully going back to doing her own thing as she's a drain on overness.

It is quite a regurgitation on past storylines. You have to wonder if Brie will eventually screw Bryan out of the title and turn heel again. Her being involved with Bryan in the "WWE Universe" doesn't make much sense. Blame Total Divas for that one.

Orton should have been the one to tap out at WM, not Batista. At least then he would have been a bit more willing to put Bryan over.

Batista was not keen on losing to Bryan as he felt it wouldn't look good for him to lose to someone so small prior to the release of his movie this summer.

And if this report is true, Dave thinks he's a bigger star than he really is.

Whoo boy, the WWE is directing cheesy slasher flick angles again.

I'm a Daniel Bryan mark through thick and thin, I can stomach an angle where he's playing to the idea that Kane is freaky phantom from the echelon of Hell where all the sadistic dorks go. It's as if Jason Goes to Hell had to be re-shot for a PG audience.

The actual match they were in was great. I enjoyed the Hell out of it, I could very easily forget the second rate horrified white girl plot-line that somehow became the next step for Daniel Bryan in what looks like another colossal fuck-up on part of the monkeys the WWE hired to hack away at these story-lines.

I'll now explain how this idea made it on the air. One day, a member of WWE creative was dealing with a five star hangover while crapping a geyser of vodka and box wine into the kitchen sink as he wasn't in a familiar dwelling and literally anything with a drain counted as a toilet at that moment. Suddenly, the oven exploded as leaving it on all night was part of some unorthodox drinking game and creating a mess of look-a-like brown shaving foam in the sink seemed like a good time to light a match. While recovering in the burn ward and mummified in bandaging, Vince McMahon burst into the scene. "I NEED YOU TO GIVE ME THE SHORT AND SWEET OF WHAT WE'RE DOING WITH BRYAN TONIGHT!" Vince screamed into the ear of a nearby nurse. The member of creative raised his arm in agony and muttered "Fire. Diarrhea." Vince, thinking that the nurse just gave him the brilliant idea of fire diarrhea, decided that she'll be Big E's new manager.

I didn't watch the show, but I read the results... Why is any babyface, let alone the TOP babyface, running away from heels? It should be Kane running from Bryan. Isn't that wrestling 101? I may have read it wrong, like I said I didn't see the show, but was it as bad and awkward as it sounded? Continuing Kane/Bryan is a bad move... I know reportedly Batista turned down putting Bryan over, which in itself should prove that he doesn't belong back in the WWE. But anyone else would have been better for Bryan, even Orton again.

Last night's stuff was goofy, but I'm letting this angle slide for two main reasons: 1) because I'm happy that Daniel Bryan is WWE World Heavyweight Champion and 2) because I find it funny.

To my first point, I think there has been enough complaining about how Bryan is treated and booked by WWE. It's gotten old to me. When Bryan was in a good feud and angle (vs. the Authority in pursuit of the gold) the incessant whining about him not being champ almost obscured how good the story was. Now he has the belt, so the whining shifts to the storyline. Maybe I just read the wrong boards and columns or listen to the wrong podcasts, but everywhere I turn it's just bitch, bitch, bitch about Daniel Bryan being misused or mistreated.

The whole Raw last night was weird, but by the end of it I found myself entertained. I'd book Bryan differently, sure, but what they did last night was so cheesy I couldn't help but laugh out loud. The mask on the lamp, the camera in the back seat, Brie's "acting." It was all absurd, so I just chose to roll with the punches. It's like if they're not going to take it seriously, why should I? I know Bryan's still going to go out and put on quality matches, and I know he's not dropping the title to friggin' Kane, so whatever. Bryan's not going to end up like Zack Ryder, so everyone should relax. This will be an afterthought the minute he moves on to a good feud. Take it for what it is and support your champion with more cheers and less complaining.

I literally CRINGED when the car wouldn't start. For one thing, Bryan was in the car for half a second and didn't even have time to put the key in the ignition when he "realized" it wouldn't start.

Secondly, did anyone NOT know that Kane was going to be in the back seat?? Then Bryan is going to show concern when Kane fell off the car when he pulled away?? The guy who tried dragging your wife down under the ring. The guy who tried "ending your career" w/ tombstones all over the place.

Cheesy factor was off the scale. The "scary, evil Kane" thing just doesn't work for me in the PG environment. Setting JR on fire? Awesome. Putting jumper cables on Shane McMahon's nuts? Awesome. Hiding in the backseat while Bryan checks the engine? Not so much.

I agree with many that the acting is very cheesy for this feud. Also, why don't thy perform more in the ring. I'm not only talking about wrestling, but having the audience involved. It's not fun without having an audience that can be scared by "the monster" Kane.

I agree, this isn't the most original wrestling story ever told (most definitely NOT an original story for Kane), but this might be a case where logical booking outweighs unpredictable/original storytelling...at least that's the way I've been looking at it.

I think one of the main reasons Kane (or "Demon Kane", lol) was decided upon for Bryan's first opponent is because WWE Creative and/or Vince want Bryan to "establish" his title reign against a "credible" opponent; by that I mean an opponent that the casual fan would recognize, but not one that needs the belt to be credible/recognizable. Think back to Big Show (c) vs. Big Boss Man. No one thought Boss Man would win the title, and he didn't (I don't think Boss Man ever won the title, but I might be wrong). He was just a recognizable name (to the casual fan) for Big Show to feud with for a little while. It didn't hurt Big Show (although the dead Father angle didn't do much for me), and this cheesy story won't hurt Bryan (or his title reign) either.

Kane makes (or made) the most sense for Bryan's first feud, especially considering that a feud with Batista is off the table (according to rumors). Kane's big, "scary", and a name that the casual fan knows. I'm sure Vince & Co still don't believe that Bryan is a big enough name to carry the marquis on his own (say versus someone like Cesaro, or Bray Wyatt who aren't as established as Kane is). Kane is also someone who won't mind getting pinned by Bryan, they have history as a tag team, and he's involved with the Authority. Makes perfect sense to me.

Batista would have been a good choice too (the reason Batista wasn't Bryan's first feud was already covered quite well by Jack-Hammer). Orton would have been good, but he had a big feud with Bryan last year. HHH probably doesn't want to work a full-time schedule, plus he's busy helping to put The Shield over (even further, as they're already over). Basically, The Shield is currently getting the DB "anti-Authority" treatment. Jericho and/or CM Punk would have been good choices, if either were on the current roster. I think it's too early in Bryan's reign to have a "face v. face" match, but I'm sure that will happen down the line too. Right now Bryan needs to work against a super heel, and Kane is a decent choice. Besides, Kane didn't get his feud with Punk at WM time.

When you look at the big picture, there are a lot of "newbies" getting groomed by veterans right now: Bryan by Kane, Shield by Evolution, Wyatt by Cena, Cesaro by Heyman. Bryan will have some better feuds before his time as champion is over, I'm sure. Bryan's upcoming feuds for the title can only get better as his reign goes on, there's really nowhere to go but up after Kane. The Authority is already focusing more on The Shield, so they'll focus less and less on Bryan in the coming months. Sidenote: I think this will ultimately lead to Stephanie versus Brie; or at the very least Brie will hit "Brie Mode" (or whatever her finisher is called) on Steph once or twice, or maybe just a mixed-tag (with Kane/Steph vs. DB/BBB) on Raw or Smackdown. It's definitely looking that way, at least.

I think the big problem I am having with the fued is not kane or bryan. I thought the match was great as I said before. I think it kindof has to do with the legitimacy of kane actually winning and the fact that they are refusing to continue the authority vs bryan angle that has succeeded in mine and other people eyes. I just hope after payback, triple h and the authority will start to target bryan and try to get title off of him, (which should be already happening)

Kane was fine as the post WM PPV feud but no more. I really don't see how they can stretch a Kane/Bryan/Brie storyline longer than one PPV unless Kane does something insane like Tombstone Brie on the Steel Steps to get that "cheap heat" but WWE in their PG era would never do that.

I was also skeptical in making their first match an Extreme Rules contest and with a rumored Buried Alive Match at Payback, when are we going to see a PPV title defense where Bryan actually has a regular match that highlights his strengths?

Bryan wasn't acting like a coward, but rather like a husband. Getting Brie out of there should have been his only priority and it was. At Extreme Rules, he took everything Kane threw at him and didn't run once because it was one on one. However, if Kane attacks when Brie is present, he needs to get her out of there immediately no matter what which is what any intelligent person that knows what Kane is capable of would do. If anything, it makes him look smarter.

The angle itself is regurgitated and to me a little boring, but my wife was screaming for Brie to run and Daniel to save her Monday night. That entertained me more than the segment itself. With that said, I liked the match and am looking forward to one more to end this feud, although I think it should be on a RAW and not waste a PPV with that main event. I like the idea of Kane being allowed to be the monster he needs to be and beat on Bryan unmercifully so that Daniel can show his true toughness. To me D-Bry is a lot like Benoit, small but solid and intense with superior ring skills. He is like a piece a solid iron that you can hammer and hammer on but it never breaks. So I say the more he takes the better, as long as he overcomes it all because while with other small guys I may not believe they could overcome those odds and beatings, with Daniel Bryan I know he can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back