Embrace The "YES!"

mikde_

I'm from Winnepeg you idiot!
So I was recently thinking that this whole Kane/Daniel Bryan alliance has many many possibilities, one of them is a Daniel Bryan face turn.

The way I would do this is have Kane sort of play on his old "Embrace The Hate" thing he had with Cena and adding a comic twist on it by telling Daniel Bryan to "Embrace The YES!!!". Bryan can put it off for weeks till one night after kicking a ton of ass he finally cracks and embraces the "YES!" by jumping around screaming that word again and officially turning face.

What are your thoughts on this possible scenario?

Would you be behind a D-Bry face turn or not?

I think it could work. I mean he sorta more a tweener now anyway. But it's obvious that no matter what Bryan is the crowd are going to chant Yes so he is on to a winner whether he is face or Heel.

I really like this scenario. And I would not only personally be behind a Bryan face turn but I think it is obvious by his crowd reaction that it will likely happen sooner than later.

But here is my question to you, Does this lead to a Bryan/Kane match or feud?

My biggest problem with this "team friendship" angle from the start has been, well.... the start!

Almost every wierd pairing of partners or pairing of singles stars in WWE has always led to either a match between the two or some pathetic reasoning the WWE just pulled out of thin air to "satisfy" fans, like we just saw with the Truth/Kofi WWE.com exclusive on why they are being split up.

And well my problem is that this partnership BEGAN with a singles match/feud between the two that culminated at Summerslam with a clean win by Bryan (even if it was a silly roll-up, it was still a clean victory). And I think we would all hate for them to just huge & go their seperate ways. While funny, a little too anti-climatic maybe???

My idea was to have "Team No! vs. Team Hell" (or insert any goofy names you want) at Survivor Series 2012. After Kane & Bryan drop the tag belts, they could each pick out a team and settle their issues classic 5-on-5 Survivor Series style!

There are a number of directions WWE could go with this. Daniel Bryan has been solid gold since winning the WHC last December and is one of the most over members of the roster.

Having Bryan turn back to a full blown babyface could certainly happen. Bryan has demonstrated that he can give strong, passionate promos and if they can keep that & couple it with his in-ring tenacity & skill, then they've got someone that can be a player in either the mid-card or, occasionally, the main event scene for years to come. He's got the ability, he's proven that, and I'm sure he's probably proven more than a few of the higher ups wrong.

Having Bryan going back to something more along the lines of a traditional heel is possible as well, and easily done. I expect Team Hell No to be around at least for the rest of the year, maybe longer, so they've got time to figure out what to do.

The only real downside is that, whether turning Bryan face or heel, is that it'll probably wind up with him feuding with Kane. Most of the time, when it comes to breaking up successful tag teams, one almost always turns on the other one. If it's Bryan that turns on Kane & ultimately results in dropping the titles, then we'll basically just be right back to what we had prior to them being "forced" to team up in the first place. Having Kane turn on Bryan with Bryan as the babyface is a somewhat brighter prospect in that it could mean that their feud wont consist of Kane stomping Bryan all over the place & ultimately coming out on the winning side of the feud.

I'd personally prefer them to just make a clean split and for them to move onto other things, but I don't see it happening that way. If that is the case, I'd much rather see Bryan ultimately come out on the winning side of things. Kane has always done well in roles in which he manages to look strong while ultimately putting over the other guy. I see no reason to change that here. Kane's 45 years old. He's still in great shape, he can deliver in the ring and he's been pretty damn underrated overall in my opinion. But, he's got to be closing in on the final years of his career. Bryan is nearly a decade and a half younger so he's someone whose career, almost certainly, hasn't peaked yet.

I already have embraced it. I like it. I like D. Bryans character. I like team Hell No. Although they could of put a little more effort in the team name. I love how they don’t get along at all unless they are hurting people. I like it. I am also glad that wwe are building the tag division so they have better competition as well. I would like them to come out together. Maybe DB's music hits for a couple seconds then Kane’s hit with a little or something.

Psycho sells, doesn't it?

The popularity of A.J. Lee didn't fully materialize until Punk started questioning her mental stability. She toned down her nuttiness after becoming a GM, which was a mistake that Creative now seems to be rectifying.

Sensational Sherry didn't become huge until she went crazy. Sid Eudy's star didn't fully rise until he became Psycho Sid. Mick Foley reached heights never thought possible after he emerged from the boiler room as Mankind. Sick works.

But if you asked me to choose a WWE performer whom I never thought would become a hit by going psychotic, I would have chosen Daniel Bryan. Little, sedate, technically proficient Daniel Bryan a nutbar? Naw!

The best part of his act is it's simplicity. First, he gets popular by having the audience join him in screaming "Yes!". Then, he gets even more popular by engaging in "No!" sessions with the same crowd. WWE management hit gold with this one, the same as when The Road Dogg got them shouting "Suck it!" on cue. Simple, catchy, fun.

Still, a face turn for Daniel seems inevitable.....a return to "Yes!" is coming. After all, the tag team Daniel is in won't last with one partner being "heel" and the other "face"......even though it's still hard to ever classify Kane as one or the other. I believed the return his masked roots would result in a reign of terror unseen in years. Instead, we're laughing at him as he belches in restaurants. Kane isn't going to turn bad for Daniel, so Daniel has to turn good for Kane. Also, Daniel's most recent match was against a heel; Alberto Del Rio. Heels normally don't fight other heels.

I think it would be wise for WWE to milk the "No!" stuff for a while longer, simply because it works so well, but it's hard to fathom Daniel staying bad forever. Not with that small, unimpressive body and stupid goat beard. He's too cuddly to hate.

Daniel Bryan turning face makes completely sense in the long run and I'd like to see it happen. He gets good reactions from the fans due to the whole "YES" thing. Team Hell No will obviously not last forever and it may inevitably lead to a more aggressive feud between Bryan and Kane. This would be a good time for the face turn to happen. Kane should be the heel and Bryan should be the face. Kane changes his heel/face status constantly and will always have his fans. Bryan would benefit from the face turn, he has been a heel (technically) for almost a year. The YES chants are going to be around for a while whether Bryan yells NO back at the fans or encourages them to keep saying YES, and a face Bryan would encourage the "YES" chants making it remain fun for the fans to participate in.

As funny as he has been lately with the YES/NO exchanges and being upset about being called Goat Face, a face turn is the way to go later down the line after Team Hell No has run its course. WWE would be smart to take advantage of Bryan's growing popularity with the fans. This should not happen for a long time though. Team Hell No are consistently entertaining and I would not change any part of their act for many months. Perhaps when we get closer to Wrestlemania, or something. Right now what they are doing works great and needs no fixing. In the long run though, it would be a very wise decision to have Bryan "embrace the YES" to bring out a face version of his persona that will get him even more momentum when he returns to the world title scene in the future.

Honestly, I'd like there to be some way for him to start doing the YES! Chants against WITHOUT turning face. Like I just want him to stop arguing with the and just chant YES! all he wants without giving a damn how the fans react.

Bryan should be the opposite of John Cena. While Cena is a face that gets booed, Bryan should be what he is now: a heel that gets cheered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back