Yes! Yes! No!

Jtrivera

Occasional Pre-Show
I am probably one of the only few on here, but personally I don't see Daniel Bryan walking out of mania with anything other then a bunch of fans having sympathy for him because he lost to Batista and Orton. Now I'm not a Daniel Bryan hater, but I'm certainly not someone who's jumping on the Bryan bandwagon...here's how mania with Bryan will go, he will defeat Triple H (as planned from the start) then he will be inserted into the title picture because the fans weren't satisfied with the original match and cried like the IWC babies they are, then he will LOSE in some cheap fashion to Batista. This will conclude mania, it gives the fans what they want, Daniel Bryan in the main event, but it also reminds them that WWE is in control, not the WWE Universe.

Bryan will complain the next night on Raw and the Authority will get a ton of heat, then Batista and Bryan will face off at extreme rules where Bryan will win the gold and celebrate with the fans, Bryan shouldn't win the title at all, he's a great guy, hell of a wrestler, but what's left after he wins? Bryan's character is a popular as he is because of his underdog persona, (yes he has his wrestling ability but how far did that get him before the yes chants?) once all this Bryan bandwagon stuff dies down the fans will move on to the next project (Bray, Regins) don't believe me? Ask Ryback, Ryder, Fandango,.

I am probably one of the only few on here, but personally I don't see Daniel Bryan walking out of mania with anything other then a bunch of fans having sympathy for him because he lost to Batista and Orton. Now I'm not a Daniel Bryan hater, but I'm certainly not someone who's jumping on the Bryan bandwagon...here's how mania with Bryan will go, he will defeat Triple H (as planned from the start) then he will be inserted into the title picture because the fans weren't satisfied with the original match and cried like the IWC babies they are, then he will LOSE in some cheap fashion to Batista. This will conclude mania, it gives the fans what they want, Daniel Bryan in the main event, but it also reminds them that WWE is in control, not the WWE Universe.

Bryan will complain the next night on Raw and the Authority will get a ton of heat, then Batista and Bryan will face off at extreme rules where Bryan will win the gold and celebrate with the fans, Bryan shouldn't win the title at all, he's a great guy, hell of a wrestler, but what's left after he wins? Bryan's character is a popular as he is because of his underdog persona, (yes he has his wrestling ability but how far did that get him before the yes chants?) once all this Bryan bandwagon stuff dies down the fans will move on to the next project (Bray, Regins) don't believe me? Ask Ryback, Ryder, Fandango,.

f0AoMPG.gif

Your scenario hardly makes any sense from either a logical or creative writing standpoint. Bryan defeating Triple H at Wrestlemania, the largest show WWE has, then going on to lose the Triple Threat but then winning it later at Extreme Rules (which is not the largest show WWE has) makes no sense in the least.

And the WWE Universe, at the end of the day, is always the ones in control.

Those 3 you mentioned were never main event material though. DB is and not since Austin has someone been this over. Personally I see him having his WM moment as 70k+ people chant 'yes'.

If Bryan never wins the belt they will give up on him, ask Cryme Time, they will give up on him regardless. I don't think he is title material, but if they done all of this so far, might as well give him the belt. In fact people gave up on Goldberg when he did not win the title at summerslam 2003 and his win at unforgiven meant nothing to them. If Bryan fails to win the title they will turn on him. Most of the people who turn on him are not part of the causal audience anyways.

Let him win. Then let someone believable as a champ take it from him at ER in May. Give the idiot fans their 30 days or so of feeling vindicated even though they have been the ones being worked since last summer.

I don't think that the yes chants would have worked on another wrestler. He fits the persona & the Champion can be the underdog. So if he wins at Mania & probably will then Daniel Bryan can turn heel 3 months into his run leading into SummerSlam & this keeps him relevant. The underdog heel that keeps winning is where DB is truly money. If Kurt Angle & Austin had a baby it would be Daniel Bryan. They can get boo'd as heels but also make you laugh. That's what started this whole yes moment in the first place.

Daniel Bryan is possibly the worst superstar on the roster on the microphone. Seriously. Its cringeworthy watching him speak during a promo because the entire time, you figure he's going to botch it. Not to mention his shit eating smile every single fucking time he talks. As a heel? Maybe. As a good heel on the mic? Not possible.

This idea that Daniel Bryan is being propped up by the IWC is ******ed. The IWC doesn't have that big of a voice. If you want to see an example of the reach the IWC has, look at Dolph Ziggler. They do have the power to get Vince and company to take notice as well as getting the non-IWC fans to pay more attention to him. In the cases of Punk, Daniel Bryan, they go, "Yeah this guy is pretty awesome." and the fans will get behind them. Then, in the case of Ziggler, the IWC gets everyone to pay attention to him but ultimately, they see that he actually isn't very good and everyone moves on.

Using guys like Fandango, Ryback, and Ryder as examples of Daniel Bryans likely future is incredibly fucking stupid. None of those guys have ever reached the level Daniel is on and neither of them maintained for half as long as Bryan has.

At the moment, Daniel Bryan is the most loved performer on the roster. You can label people as being Bryan fans, but the pops indicate that most of the crowd are Bryan fans. That and that alone is reason enough for him to be getting this push.

tl;dr You're really stupid.

Like a few others have mentioned, I simply don't see WWE going to all this build up with this storyline that's been going on since SummerSlam to not deliver the big payoff that the majority of fans have been wanting to see. Is it possible that WWE might go that route? Sure, it's entirely possible. It's also entirely possible for a man to have a 12 inch penis but when you take out all the various posturing, exaggerating and outright lying that we guys tend to do in regards to that sort of thing, the likelihood of finding a guy who genuinely has such an elephantine schlong is extremely damn remote.

Robert Roode Fan brought up a good point as far as the fans are concerned. If fans don't eventually get the payoff that's been teased, promised or hoped for when it comes to a guy, they'll eventually lose interest and move to someone else no matter how popular a wrestler is. They'll see that the company isn't gonna give the guy they're into what they're wanting to see, so they'll eventually see pouring their energy into said guy as an exercise in futility. Even if you're not a fan of Daniel Bryan, I honestly can't think of a genuinely logical reason he shouldn't walk out as champion. Right now, he's the most over babyface in pro wrestling, his segments & matches on WWE TV are often the most watched parts of the shows, he's one of the top merchandise movers in the company and he's even given WWE a little extra something that makes Vince McMahon's mouth water: mainstream media attention. Hell, Rolling Stone magazine did a story and interview with Daniel Bryan. Bottom line is, Bryan's helping WWE make a lot of money and I simply don't see Vince McMahon as being someone who'll slit the throat of this golden egg laying goose just because he doesn't fit the typical "look."

Daniel Bryan is possibly the worst superstar on the roster on the microphone. Seriously. Its cringeworthy watching him speak during a promo because the entire time, you figure he's going to botch it. Not to mention his shit eating smile every single fucking time he talks. As a heel? Maybe. As a good heel on the mic? Not possible.

I'm not really going to disagree with you. He seems to lacks confidence and it feels like he's reading from a script. He's not a good actor. What you seem to fail at understand, however, is that none of that matters. When he talks, the crowd listens and the buy everything he says. They pop when he wants them to pop. They start chanting Yes! when he wants them too. He commands the crowd's attention whenever he speaks.

I think this year will be a major case of dejavu

2004 Wrestlemania 20
Exactly 10 years ago we have the major underdog in the main event with the 2 top "A+" players ironically 1 being triple h himself and hbk, chris benoit the underdog comes out on top by making hhh tap, I feel DB will win with the yes lock by making orton tap. But anyways...

From here you can substitute either Daniel Bryan or Chris Benoit into the name slots

So the underdog (insert name) wins big time at wrestlemania in a triple threat match via submission. The next night on raw (insert name) comes out to celebrate with the crowd. A rematch at the next ppv involving the same 3 guys bc the guy who tapped was champion and he gets his rematch clause. Then (insert name) wins again, he carries the belt for a few months then an up and comer rises to the occasion at summer to defeat (insert name) and (insert name) shows the victor respect bc he's a good guy and respects a good hard fought victory. Then we begin the era of the new champion and (insert name) isnt apart of the title picture for a while.

Now I dont think they are going to do this with the mind set of copying the benoit story but I feel like this is just how its going to play out

This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read in my life. First of all, the plan from the start was Triple H vs. CM Punk and Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE WHC title. Why the hell would they build up the CM Punk/Triple H rivalry just to throw it away and make Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan instead? What were they going to do with CM Punk? Punk was feuding with The Authority, we saw it starting with his feud with Kane, and then they just inserted Daniel Bryan into that once Punk left. That seriously makes no sense whatsoever. Of all the idiotic comments about Bryan not being planned to be in the title match originally, that's probably the most moronic of all.

Secondly, if they're going to give Daniel Bryan the title, why the hell would do they it at Extreme Rules instead of WrestleMania? Have 12,000 fans chanting "Yes!" with him instead of 70,000? One of the most memorable moments ever at some no name PPV instead of the granddaddy of them all? Can you imagine Ultimate Warrior beating Hulk Hogan at SummerSlam after losing at WrestleMania VI? Can you imagine Bret Hart beating Yokozuna at King Of The Ring after losing at WrestleMania X? Can you imagine Shawn Michaels beating Bret Hart at In Your House after losing at WrestleMania XII? Can you imagine Steve Austin beating Shawn Michaels at Unforgiven after losing at WrestleMania XIV? Can you imagine Chris Benoit beating Triple H or Shawn Michaels at Backlash after losing at WrestleMania XX? Can you imagine Batista beating Triple H at Backlash after losing at WrestleMania 21? Can you imgine Rey Mysterio beating Randy Orton or Kurt Angle at Judgment Day after losing at WrestleMania 22? None of these things happened, because they're all stupid. That's just some of the title matches, there are plenty of non-title matches outside of the main events where the same thing applies. (And if you think Bryan winning the title isn't as big as those moments, you simply haven't been paying attention.) WrestleMania isn't the show to advance storylines and make people tune in the next night on Raw or buy the next PPV. The entire year revolves around WrestleMania, that's where all the big moments happen.

What you're describing, a face losing to a heel at WrestleMania and then winning the title afterwards, has happened exactly once in the history of WrestleMania. WrestleMania 2000, Triple H retained the title in a fatal fourway against Mick Foley, Big Show, and The Rock(who had Vince turn on him, costing him the match) and then The Rock beat Triple H for the title the next month. And I think most people would universally agree everything about this was stupid. If WWE could go back and redo it, they would have The Rock win the title, probably in a one on one match with Triple H, at WrestleMania.

And I hate to break it to you, but your foolishly short sighted argument that there's nothing left for him to do after he wins the title can be applied to hundreds of underdogs in the history of pro wrestling. What's left is he'll have a nice little run with the title, lose it, and go back to chasing it. If/when the crowd loses interest, he'll eventually stop chasing it. That has absolutely nothing to do with what should happen at Mania, and it just shows your bias against him.

...and what the hell do Ryback, Ryder, or Fandango have to do with Bryan? None of them were remotely close to as over him, nor were they popular as long as him, nor are they as talented as him. Again, your bias is showing.

TL;DR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Daniel Bryan is going to win the title at WrestleMania 30. He doesn't have good mic skills, but he controls the crowd with the mic. I don't think he's the future of the WWE, but he should have a good 3-4 month title reign.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:worship: RVD, CM Punk, and Chris Jericho.

Like a few others have mentioned, I simply don't see WWE going to all this build up with this storyline that's been going on since SummerSlam to not deliver the big payoff that the majority of fans have been wanting to see. Is it possible that WWE might go that route? Sure, it's entirely possible. It's also entirely possible for a man to have a 12 inch penis but when you take out all the various posturing, exaggerating and outright lying that we guys tend to do in regards to that sort of thing, the likelihood of finding a guy who genuinely has such an elephantine schlong is extremely damn remote.

Robert Roode Fan brought up a good point as far as the fans are concerned. If fans don't eventually get the payoff that's been teased, promised or hoped for when it comes to a guy, they'll eventually lose interest and move to someone else no matter how popular a wrestler is. They'll see that the company isn't gonna give the guy they're into what they're wanting to see, so they'll eventually see pouring their energy into said guy as an exercise in futility. Even if you're not a fan of Daniel Bryan, I honestly can't think of a genuinely logical reason he shouldn't walk out as champion. Right now, he's the most over babyface in pro wrestling, his segments & matches on WWE TV are often the most watched parts of the shows, he's one of the top merchandise movers in the company and he's even given WWE a little extra something that makes Vince McMahon's mouth water: mainstream media attention. Hell, Rolling Stone magazine did a story and interview with Daniel Bryan. Bottom line is, Bryan's helping WWE make a lot of money and I simply don't see Vince McMahon as being someone who'll slit the throat of this golden egg laying goose just because he doesn't fit the typical "look."
Some props SHITTTTTT!! :lmao:
Thanks dude appreciate it, like I said I am not a fan of him as a main eventer, but if your going to have the chase you need to have it end at some point.

If Bryan never wins the belt they will give up on him, ask Cryme Time, they will give up on him regardless. I don't think he is title material, but if they done all of this so far, might as well give him the belt. In fact people gave up on Goldberg when he did not win the title at summerslam 2003 and his win at unforgiven meant nothing to them. If Bryan fails to win the title they will turn on him. Most of the people who turn on him are not part of the causal audience anyways.

So, here is the lesson. I will say this once, so everybody pay attention.

WWE or World Title wins ONLY count if they occur at Wrestlemania, or Summerslam, period (according to the IWC).

Anyone who has won them on a B-PPV, it hasn't meant as much, and they have never been a bigger star because of it.

So, WWE or World Title wins should never occur at any of the other PPVs, nor on Raw, Smackdown, or anywhere else, since only winning it at Wrestlemania makes you a star.

Only insignificant titles should change hands at minor PPVs then, since no-one even remembers who half the champions are anyway.

Might as well scrap "Night Of Champions" as well, since most of the titles never get mentioned on TV anyway (when is the last time Dean Ambrose defended the U.S. Title), and the one match with a significant title is now predictable, because the IWC have told the WWE to not change the champion, unless it is at Wrestlemania, since it will bury anyone who wins it any other time. Have I got that right, "Yes Movement".

If Daniel Bryan is a true star, he will be a star no matter when he wins the title. If he needs Wrestlemania to make him a star, then maybe it is wasted on him.

Triple H was right about the fickleness of the fans. One year ago, people were pushing for Dolph Ziggler to get a better match at Wrestlemania, and wanted him champion. Yet, one year later, no-one seems butthurt that Ziggler is in the Andre Battle Royal. Why is that?

I think this year will be a major case of dejavu

2004 Wrestlemania 20
Exactly 10 years ago we have the major underdog in the main event with the 2 top "A+" players ironically 1 being triple h himself and hbk, chris benoit the underdog comes out on top by making hhh tap, I feel DB will win with the yes lock by making orton tap. But anyways...

From here you can substitute either Daniel Bryan or Chris Benoit into the name slots

So the underdog (insert name) wins big time at wrestlemania in a triple threat match via submission. The next night on raw (insert name) comes out to celebrate with the crowd. A rematch at the next ppv involving the same 3 guys bc the guy who tapped was champion and he gets his rematch clause. Then (insert name) wins again, he carries the belt for a few months then an up and comer rises to the occasion at summer to defeat (insert name) and (insert name) shows the victor respect bc he's a good guy and respects a good hard fought victory. Then we begin the era of the new champion and (insert name) isnt apart of the title picture for a while.

Now I dont think they are going to do this with the mind set of copying the benoit story but I feel like this is just how its going to play out

Firstly, Benoit was never given the love by the fans that Daniel Bryan was. If he won, it was great, and made for a great WM moment, but, if he lose, meh, and the fans would never mention him or World Champion in the same sentence again. The willingness of people to accept the police's version of events in the Benoit case speaks volumes (if it were Austin or Eddie Guerrero, many people would still refuse to believe it was them to this day).

Well, Bryan is very much like Benoit. Great ring technicians and superb submission specialists. Both weren't much on the mike. Both have been (or will be) in Triple-Threat matches at Wrestlemania against either Triple H or mates of Triple H at Wrestlemanias 10 years apart. Both may possibly leave the show as champions.

Maybe the Yes Movement will even jerk off if C.M. Punk shows up, in the Eddie Guerrero role, and the two stand in the ring holding up their arms as the show ends.

If Benoit was alive and the incidents had never happened, I would have liked to have seen a Best-of-7 series between Chris Benoit and Daniel Bryan.

So, then, in four years time, should I expect to read a story that Daniel Bryan has topped himself, but not before killing Brie and any kids they have, in a three-day massacre, and all his achievements and legacy is pissed down the toilet, and the WWE pretend like he never existed at all, and even remove him from their records, just to keep the Benoit analogy going?

Ryback, Ryder and Fandango never got the big win like Bryan has. He beat Cena at Summerslam. Ryback was always one step close but got screwed. He wasn't even as huge as Bryan. You don't see fans outside of wrestling chanting Feed Me More unlike people in different forms of media chanting yes

So, here is the lesson. I will say this once, so everybody pay attention.

WWE or World Title wins ONLY count if they occur at Wrestlemania, or Summerslam, period (according to the IWC).

Anyone who has won them on a B-PPV, it hasn't meant as much, and they have never been a bigger star because of it.

So, WWE or World Title wins should never occur at any of the other PPVs, nor on Raw, Smackdown, or anywhere else, since only winning it at Wrestlemania makes you a star.

Only insignificant titles should change hands at minor PPVs then, since no-one even remembers who half the champions are anyway.

Might as well scrap "Night Of Champions" as well, since most of the titles never get mentioned on TV anyway (when is the last time Dean Ambrose defended the U.S. Title), and the one match with a significant title is now predictable, because the IWC have told the WWE to not change the champion, unless it is at Wrestlemania, since it will bury anyone who wins it any other time. Have I got that right, "Yes Movement".

If Daniel Bryan is a true star, he will be a star no matter when he wins the title. If he needs Wrestlemania to make him a star, then maybe it is wasted on him.

Triple H was right about the fickleness of the fans. One year ago, people were pushing for Dolph Ziggler to get a better match at Wrestlemania, and wanted him champion. Yet, one year later, no-one seems butthurt that Ziggler is in the Andre Battle Royal. Why is that?

I am not saying that he won't be a star if he does not at maina. I am talking about never winning it. They decided to do this big long chase and never giving a pay off woudl be horrible.

I think wwe does not see bryan as a main eventer. So why put the belt on him to rip it away if he is not going to get it back. He should have never won the damn thing. He would be a great mid carder, wwe needs more people who do not win the world title.

Daniel Bryan is going to win at Wrestlemania. Period.

And whoever had the idea of Punk coming out in the Eddie Gurrero role to hug Bryan, that is stupid. Eddie and Benoit were best friends; Punk and Bryan are not. It doesn't make much sense.

Bryan's championship run will be interesting if he gets some good feuds. The Authority should have some new members and he can feud with them for the rest of the year. He can have a match with Orton and Batista for the next two PPVs. He can feud with Ziggler. It would be pretty awesome to have Ziggler join the Authority. Or how about some other members? Like ADR (even tho this guy is kinda boring, if he's used properly, he can feud with Bryan for a month or two). He can have a rematch with John Cena, or a feud with Ambrose (If Ambrose turns on the Shield; albeit I don't want the Shield to split this year). He can also feud with Wyatt once again! If booked properly, he can stay in the main event from now on. He's not that good on the mic, but he is awesome in the ring and he gets awesome crowd reactions.

No no no, Daniel bryan has clearly surpassed the two minutes of fame that guys like Axel, Ryder and Ryback were able to garner, he just has an insane fan following. I agree that some of the guys chanting yes like crazy will be a little muffled/toned down post Extreme Rules since they got what they wanted but this time fans are actually behind the guy because they want a change and they want him to be more specific.

First of all, Ryder and Ryback didn't fail because of not being over with the crowd. They were both over with the live crowds. They failed to succeed because they were booked to be defeated in favor of other guys. Zack Ryder was booked to get owned by Kane. Ryback was booked to have his undefeated streak ended at the hands of Punk. After those 2 incidents, the storylines for those characters ended and no effort was made by the writing staff to book them as winners or to place them into any meaningful feuds. Let's not change history.

Daniel Bryan deserves a run with the main title. It's as simple as that. I completely agree with anyone who says he's not an interesting character...He's not. His entire gimmick is, "I'm an underdog". But like it or not, he's the most over talent on the roster so it's in the company's best interest to book him as a top dog for however long it lasts. They're not idiots. They know full well that no permanent main event legend can be booked with such a weak, flimsy, gimmick. So the creative team has a lot of work cut out for them to keep Bryan looking formidable if they want to propel him into legendary status via this underdog crap.

Personally, I'd prefer if he'd go back to the midcard and own there. But the only way I'd be content with that happening is if/when he fails to succeed in the main event. The reaction he's getting means that they need to give him a chance to get over own his own steam rather than put all of their writing/booking efforts behind him. Once they take the training wheels off, we'll know if he's the genuine article. I'd say right now, he's at least winning the argument.

I think there are quite a few Superstars who can feud with Daniel Bryan if he wins at Mania.

Atm, there is a rumour about Orton being in a programme with Bryan post-Mania. Then there is Batista, Cena and probably Sheamus. There is also the larger than life options of Brock and the Big Show.

So there options for Bryan to have feuds with and still retain the Underdog persona. However he will have to evolve in some way going forward.

That said; I too have looked at Bryan as a new Hbk or Y2J who dont need to be in the Main event too often for them to remain relevant and popular. They just need interesting side-feuds,tbh.

I say, give Bryan a run with the title until SummerSlam and have him drop it to Cena or Batista and then drop back into the MidCard as a true Fan Favourite who wows in the ring and has the occasional foray into the Main Event.

It's really, really hard for me to talk about Benoit's career without what happened towards the end staining all of it & essentially rendering it null & void, but I'll try & be somewhat objective here.

The Bryan comparisons to 2004 are interesting, but flawed. Benoit was getting reactions comparable to a respected veteran, he certainly connected with the crowd, but not on the level of Bryan.

Now, I could argue that Benoit's Mania push was probably never about establishing him as the next guy, but more a 'sorry we didn't go with you 4 years ago when we should've' type deal where the older vet finally has a short but sweet marquee run with the title & also gets to put the new guy over. But the kicker here is that Batista was already 37 when he got his title win & mega-push in 2005, only two years younger than Benoit (actually a year older if you believe the altered D.O.B stories) And yet he beat HHH cleanly 3 times, was never an afterthought during his run & held the damn title for 282 days, & who the hell did he put over during his reign, other than himself? So that isn't really a valid excuse as to how Benoit was treated.

In a sense, Batista got exactly the kind of run that Benoit should have gotten a year previous. (and if Benoit was a Triple H guy, he'd have probably gotten it, too)

I am not saying that he won't be a star if he does not at maina. I am talking about never winning it. They decided to do this big long chase and never giving a pay off woudl be horrible.

I think wwe does not see bryan as a main eventer. So why put the belt on him to rip it away if he is not going to get it back. He should have never won the damn thing. He would be a great mid carder, wwe needs more people who do not win the world title.

But this is my point. I think he needs to win it to conclude the story. But who says the story is finished at Wrestlemania XXX? There may be more of the story to tell, more chapters to write.

I feel that there has been some storylines dropped or changed simply because WWE caved to the pressure of the "Yes Movement's" wet dream.

The story needs to reach its natural conclusion, the conclusion that WWE always intended, (and then people can decide if the storyline was worthwhile or not), not the rushed conclusion to appease fans so that they buy WWE Network. I just don't feel that WWE intended to finish this story at WMXXX, but now have their backs against the wall, to please crybabies who say "either give Bryan the title at WM, or we won't support him when you do put the title on him".

This has become a power play between WWE and its fans. The fans should know its role. That is to watch and then decide if they want to keep watching. It is meant to be WWE's vision, and then you decide whether to invest in their vision. But if you don't, it still remains their vision, you are just not on board with it, and can walk away. You don't moan and cry and force to get your own way, and damn anything that was already planned.

If Bryan wins the night after WMXXX, at "Extreme Rules", even as far as "Summerslam" (which will be one year since the "Authority" storyline started), it will still count. But some here seem to think Wrestlemania XXX or bust.

I have said, if Daniel Bryan is a true star, he is a true star no matter when he wins the title. Don't forget, he has been champion before, back in 2011-12, after cashing in MITB, so he has had a couple of reigns already. This is not exactly someone who has never achieved the ultimate we are talking about.

It only matters IF this story ends with Bryan being champion, not WHEN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back