Daniel Bryan Released *GIVE OPINIONS*

Tougie

WZ Sexual Panther
Well for those who dont believe it like I do here is your evidence.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/14734694

This is just mindblowing. I mean he easily had the most momentum out of all the NXT season one rookies. Hell he is a better in ring wrestling than probably 80-90% of the WWE roster. And the fact that there was the whole Michael Cole fued and the attack on Cena this past Monday I truely didnt see it coming. I mean come on you keep Darren Young but not Danielson?

Just a complete shock to me, I want to believe its just a work and it was posted due to the attack on Cena on Monday. But I highly doubt it, when WWE.com posts it, its always true. Personally I hope he returns at ROH Death Before Dishonor 4. I would love to see him and Tyler Black fued, or even have him fued against Davey Richards. I have no doubt he will go back to ROH so thats just another reason to watch.

WOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!! that crazy they even used "bryan danielson" so it must be true......... damn that sucks

i hope its just part of the storyline, i dont get why they would release him...just wow

I would understand if he refused to go to rehab like Carlito or something but come on the odds of him using drugs are the odds of Goldust winning the WWE Title from Cena.

This is shocking. To think that they had such high hopes with Bryan. I mean, here's a guy who they were going to call up to the main roster immediately, works a dark match, and REQUESTS to be sent to developmental.

I did not see this coming, especially with the NXT invasion angle, and his feud with Cole and Miz, it was going great. Why and How could the WWE do something like this?

Unless, of course, this is a storyline to completely re-package him and bring him back secretly. Let's hope for this.

Obviously this is a work. He's been one of the hottest wrestlers on television and with him gone the whole angle will fall apart. This is pretty easy in my opinion. He's dropping the Daniel Bryan name and going to the more "recognizable" name. The article didn't mention a reason nor did it mention a day or anything. So yeah, this is a work and you shouldn't get your panties in a bunch. He'll be back in a week or two. Just read Carlito's article, it is written differently. That's another reason to believe this is a work.

This makes absolutely NO sense. Has to be part of a storyline. If not, then the WWE's made a HUGE mistake. All of this momentum, all of the focus on him for the majority of NXT, and all of the makings of a major push...and he's released?

I'll give two scenarios as to what's possibly going on.

1. Storyline. He's found to be the 'ringleader' of the invasion on Raw and is the scapegoat, therefore is released.
This makes more sense. Because he did some legit damage to Raw's ring announcer and Cena. Make him out to be the 'mastermind' of the whole thing and have him 'released' for his transgressions. Then Vince McMahon comes out on Raw, tells the audience why their beloved Indy star was released. It could build into a major feud.

2. He pissed someone off backstage with some clout.
Chances are, he pissed off someone who you don't piss off (Cena, HHH, Orton, Jericho) and got the axe because of it. I just don't think a failed drug test would be the culprit here. Nor him not wanting to be in the WWE. If it's any legit reason, it's because the right person wanted him gone.

Hopefully, it's a storyline. Because if it's not, TNA may just have some momentum after all.

Didn't expect him to be the one released. He had some pretty good storylines and got a great crowd reaction... shit, he was even rated one of the best wrestlers out of the bunch. He had no reason to get released for being a professional wrestler. So, I'm going to assume it's down to three things:

1) It's A Work - With all the happenings on RAW, the WWE are going to start firing all of their stars from NXT excluding Wade Barrett who has a loophole in his contract since he won the entire competition. Since NXT was reality-based, this justifies the WWE for "firing them" on their pages as if it were real.

2) Backstage Politics - For some reason, somebody in the back doesn't like Bryan. Maybe it was the fact that him spitting on Cena and telling him he isn't better than he is wasn't scripted and was Bryan shooting at WWE's biggest icon compared to ROH's biggest icon. Maybe he said something to one of the higher-up's to piss them off... who knows?

3) Personal Decision - Similar to Alissa Flash when she quit TNA and other wrestlers like MsChif who have never accepted a mainstream contract, maybe he didn't feel as if he was ready for the task and rather go back to his old life in the indies. Could be that he doesn't like the direction of his character in the NXT faction.

It looks pretty legit at this point, so I'm going to take it for him being released... though I am hoping it's a work. From what I have seen on what I know, he didn't deserve to be released other than kayfabe reasons like attacking Cole and damaging WWE property.

Even if it is a work, doing this just to repackage him? I mean cant you just do that on TV, or even if your doing the name change you can just have him cut a promo on Raw with the rest of the NXT guys and from that point have him be called Bryan Danielson. But doing this makes no sense. But I still highly doubt he was released, if he shows up at an indy event in the next week I cant say ill be disappointed

I'm like everyone else, I hope it's a work, but may he asked for the release knowing that the WWE would never use him in the right way. I mean look at the new season of NXT with the name changes of Bo Rotundo and Joe Henning. Maybe he sees the WWE for what it is, a company not read for his talent. So I hope he doesn't go back to ROH & instead goes to TNA.

But I really just hope it's a work and we hear more NXT names being release because of their actions on RAW. If it's a storyline, then the WWE is great as this will get a lot of people talking. However the WWE is the company that release other Superstars at the height of a push like Regal/Kennedy and others. So you never know.

TNA:banghead:

For some reason I doubt he'll get much more of a push there besides a fued with Williams for the X title. Its either WWE or ROH and this seems like more and more of a work as the seconds go by.

Didn't expect him to be the one released. He had some pretty good storylines and got a great crowd reaction... shit, he was even rated one of the best wrestlers out of the bunch. He had no reason to get released for being a professional wrestler. So, I'm going to assume it's down to three things:

1) It's A Work - With all the happenings on RAW, the WWE are going to start firing all of their stars from NXT excluding Wade Barrett who has a loophole in his contract since he won the entire competition. Since NXT was reality-based, this justifies the WWE for "firing them" on their pages as if it were real.

This is what I think as well FalKon, it makes a lot of sense. Hopefully in the following days we see other season 1 rookies released, that way we will know that its a work.

2) Backstage Politics - For some reason, somebody in the back doesn't like Bryan. Maybe it was the fact that him spitting on Cena and telling him he isn't better than he is wasn't scripted and was Bryan shooting at WWE's biggest icon compared to ROH's biggest icon. Maybe he said something to one of the higher-up's to piss them off... who knows?

I highly doubt this one, working on the Indy Scene for 10 years, and then finally getting the chance to be in the WWE. I really think he would be careful and try not to piss anybody with "power" off backstage.

3) Personal Decision - Similar to Alissa Flash when she quit TNA and other wrestlers like MsChif who have never accepted a mainstream contract, maybe he didn't feel as if he was ready for the task and rather go back to his old life in the indies. Could be that he doesn't like the direction of his character in the NXT faction.

This is a possibility, and if it is the case, it's a shame. I would think that he is more than ready to be in the WWE, he knows how things work, so why would he want to leave? Especially, if he says he always wanted to be in the WWE.

It looks pretty legit at this point, so I'm going to take it for him being released... though I am hoping it's a work. From what I have seen on what I know, he didn't deserve to be released other than kayfabe reasons like attacking Cole and damaging WWE property.

Kayfabe is likely as well, as someone said before, it could turn out that he is the mastermind behind all of this, and gets released for damage to both staff and property.

As long as it's not a legit release, I'm still keeping my hope alive.

I honestly think this is for storyline purposes. They released Daniel Bryan, but Bryan Danielson is still employed or something like that. The only thing that hinders this argument is the fact that they put (Bryan Danielson) in the press release. Regardless, I still think this is part of the storyline, but if it's not then it's for the reasons mentioned by a few of you. Hopefully this isn't true, but sometimes you just never know.

I think it is a work because it said the release of Daniel Bryan not Bryan Danielson. But if it isn't a work then it sucks because wwe missed out on a great talent imo.

Friend just linked me a twitter account saying it was Danielsons. Idk if it is but the last post 2 hours ago was "Just changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring."

More evidence, if it is his account, that its a work

But is it a work? Daniel Bryan also posted on twitter earlier today: "I changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring."

I dunno...maybe it's a swerve?

Seriously people, it's a storyline. It's all kayfabe. Fire Daniel Bryan, hire Bryan Danielson, get Bryan to change his twitter name to freak people out, and Vince is once again truly making everybody in the IWC out to be marks.

Daniel Bryan is released, and gone. He won't come back, as if this was an angle, it'd be up in the latest news section, not where the regular releases are. Unfortunately due to the way WWE has put it, we won't see Daniel Bryan again.

But hey, remember how Daniel Bryan was talking about that cool guy named Brian Danielson? Maybe he'll get a wwe contract?

Like a lot if people, I'm staying optimistic and hoping this is a work. They did something similar two years ago with Jeff Hardy being "attacked" before Survivor Series, which led to Matt's heel turn and their feud. So the possibility that this is just WWE working the fans is there. If we see more releases of the NXT guys then this could be proven true.

On the chance that this isn't a work, then WWE has made a gigantic mistake. Bryan may not have been the most over guy of the NXT crew, but he was definitely the best. His promo skills were on par with Barrett's, and his ring skills were better than everybody. WWE lost a huge future world champion if this is true. Will he go to TNA? Probably not. Bryan's fairly smart when it comes to wrestling and, after seeing Nigel McGuinness's treatment in TNA, someone who was considered his equal in ROH, would probably be cautious of going near the Hogan regime. If anything, he'd go back to his old stomping grounds in ROH.

ewrestlingnews.com said:
Although we don't have this confirmed, Bryan 'Daniel Bryan' Danielson may not actually be fired from WWE. According to one source I spoke with, they think WWE is doing an angle where 'Daniel Bryan' is fired and Bryan Danielson will be his new ring name. This is not confirmed though.

We can also report that his WWE twitter name was just changed to Bryan Danielson and he mentioned it, saying "the winds of change are stirring."

WWE then announced Daniel Bryan had been future endeavored on the WWE.com website. If this is the case, this would be the first time WWE has used their web site to do a fake firing.

Well, looks like we were all right, hopefully. This certainly is interesting for the WWE. New, exciting, and it keeps us in suspense to see what happens next. I guess it's like las weeks ending to Raw for internet fans. Well, I hope this sheds some light on things, now as long as this story is true, and I think it is, I sure am both happy, suspenseful, and surprised.

*EDIT* They just took this story down, now I'm clueless.

I stumbled upon that first then I just checked wrestlezone and the forums to see if anyone could further elaborate. From reading his twitter i thought i was convinced it was a work but now that ive stumbled upon this topic im not 100% sure. I seriously hope it is but that future endeavor's post on wwe.com scares me a little.

If its true the only logical reason is him pissing some1 off by getting to rough on Cena or even the ring announcer (Justin Roberts). When I watched the "invasion" live Danielson was choking out Roberts with his tie and it really looked brutal. Then I noticed on the replays they showed on NXT and Smackdown they edited that part out. I assume it was simply too graphic to be on tv but maybe they got on Danielson for it. However, on the twitter he did mention the whole "winds of change" thing which could be a hint to the storyline which gives me hope that its a work. It looks like we're just gonna have to find out monday

I doubt 100% this is Real,it would be all over the Internet not to mention WWE.com. Plus his Twitter Account probably would have been taken down along with it. It could be used to explain how he might go by his Real Name Bryan Danielson.

I doubt 100% this is Real,it would be all over the Internet not to mention WWE.com. Plus his Twitter Account probably would have been taken down along with it. It could be used to explain how he might go by his Real Name Bryan Danielson.

Actually it is on WWE.com but hopefully its just a work but if it isn't this would be a really dumb move on their part since hes a great talent. Im really hoping it just a work will just have to wait for more information

FOLKS, THIS IS A NON-SPAM SECTION. ALL POSTS THAT DON'T HAVE ANY DETAIL TO WHAT'S TRANSPIRED WITH BRYAN WILL BE INFRACTED FOR SPAMMING. THIS IS YOUR WARNING.

Friend just linked me a twitter account saying it was Danielsons. Idk if it is but the last post 2 hours ago was "Just changed my twitter name to Bryan Danielson. The winds of change are stirring."

More evidence, if it is his account, that its a work

It IS his official account because I've been following him for a while now. It was posted 3hours ago. Hard to believe his firing would have taken place AND posted for the public all within 3 hours time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back